PDA

View Full Version : Deek spotted in Edinburgh tonight.

silverhibee
05-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Got a text tonight that Derek Riordan was seen getting out of a car on Queensferry Road, the car was holding up traffic, and my friend said it was definatley Deeks who got out of the car, this was around 10 o'clock tonight.
I would wonder why he is in Edinburgh and not meeting up with the squad if he was in Southampton.
Does anyone know if Yogi was interviewed after the game and did he say anything regarding Riordans absence for the game tonight, just wondering.

iwasthere1972
05-08-2009, 11:41 PM
http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=2120580#post2120580

BSEJVT
06-08-2009, 06:55 AM
SilverHibee,

With your known links to Derek Riordan, your attempted manipulation of this message board in relation to reports of him of late is becoming IMO extremely tedious and self serving.

Please tell him its now or never and finally time to screw the nut.

Please also tell him to look at Paul Gascoigne if he wants to know where continuing down the same path with lead him.

Above all tell him its not too late to show just how good a player he is. With his ability he should be walking into the Scotland squad.

Jim44
06-08-2009, 07:49 AM
"Feelings of impending doom were not helped by the fact that John Hughes did not have strikers Derek Riordan, Jonatan Johansson or Kurtis Byrne at his disposal."

Taken from the club website report on last night's match. Is that all they're going to say about the absence of one of the club's leading strikers. Given all the conjecture and rumour touting on this and a variety of other websites you'ld think that a bit of transparancy would'nt go amiss.

RIP
06-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Got a text tonight that Derek Riordan was seen getting out of a car on Queensferry Road, the car was holding up traffic, and my friend said it was definatley Deeks who got out of the car, this was around 10 o'clock tonight.
I would wonder why he is in Edinburgh and not meeting up with the squad if he was in Southampton.
Does anyone know if Yogi was interviewed after the game and did he say anything regarding Riordans absence for the game tonight, just wondering.

If Derek wants to go to Southampton and back in the fourteen hours between 8.00 am and 10.00 pm on a day he is not playing for Hibs he should be able to do so comfortably. The flight time is only 90minutes.

I wouldn't expect any official statement if I were you - it's not the Hibs way

Sudds_1
06-08-2009, 07:55 AM
If Derek wants to go to Southampton and back in the fourteen hours between 8.00 am and 10.00 pm on a day he is not playing for Hibs he should be able to do so comfortably. The flight time is only 90minutes.

Doubt we'll get the official statement on his transfer to Southampton until after the medical is complete............. :rolleyes:

RIP
06-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Doubt we'll get the official statement on his transfer to Southampton until after the medical is complete............. :rolleyes:

Transfer to Southampton - WTF :faf:

Keith_M
06-08-2009, 08:02 AM

If he is leaving (and it's all conjecture at this point), we're screwed. 'Hibs nil' will become a well used phrase if we're relying on Nish to do the business..

Sudds_1
06-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Transfer to Southampton - WTF :faf:

note the rolly eyes smiley ................:wink:

davemcbain
06-08-2009, 08:05 AM

Someone really ought to get their act together on the official site - fair do's they mentioned the disciplinary, but surely they ought to be publishing a picture of his flight ticket, detailing what he had for lunch and whether or not he managed to find time for a stick of rock while he was down there.

On that matter, does anyone else find it disgraceful that they didn't even mention where Ian Murray went on holiday and whether or not he sent a postcard?

It really needs to be sorted.

Keith_M
06-08-2009, 08:10 AM
I've just worked out why Deek didn't play against Blackburn. It's in the thread title...

"Deek spotted in Edinburgh tonight"

...unless SilverHibee was referrring to his sartorial elegance, Deek obviously has some contagious disease.

:duck:

RIP
06-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Someone really ought to get their act together on the official site - fair do's they mentioned the disciplinary, but surely they ought to be publishing a picture of his flight ticket, detailing what he had for lunch and whether or not he managed to find time for a stick of rock while he was down there.

On that matter, does anyone else find it disgraceful that they didn't even mention where Ian Murray went on holiday and whether or not he sent a postcard?

It really needs to be sorted.

:greengrin:thumbsup:

RIP
06-08-2009, 09:01 AM
note the rolly eyes smiley ................:wink:

:doh:

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2009, 09:03 AM

I reckon your story is 100% watertight. I heard the same thing from a bloke in the pub.

Jim44
06-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Scotsman report says that Riordan was left behind in Edinburgh, alluding to disciplinary reasons. It says that he will still feature in Hughes future plans.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2009, 09:13 AM
So riordan has been spotted in edinburgh, and not one sighting in southampton. What can we make of that?:wink:

Twa Cairpets
06-08-2009, 09:14 AM
I got speaking to a guy at the Blackburn game when he overheard me and a mate speculating on Deeks whereabouts.

He claimed that from speaking to Riordan himself that part of the clubs disciplining of him was to be dropped for the game at Ewood, and that he was being driven down south today. No Southampton, no Priory, no transfer, just a very unhappy and p!ssed off Riordan. That was all - and I quote - "Hibs.net bollox"

Seemed pretty convinced and convincing, I have to say.

Jim44
06-08-2009, 09:15 AM
So riordan has been spotted in edinburgh, and not one sighting in southampton. What can we make of that?:wink:

Eh, nobody in Southampton knows him. :greengrin

Golden Bear
06-08-2009, 09:18 AM
I got speaking to a guy at the Blackburn game when he overheard me and a mate speculating on Deeks whereabouts.

He claimed that from speaking to Riordan himself that part of the clubs disciplining of him was to be dropped for the game at Ewood, and that he was being driven down south today. No Southampton, no Priory, no transfer, just a very unhappy and p!ssed off Riordan. That was all - and I quote - "Hibs.net bollox"

But he wasn't "spotted" at the game? - possible I dare say.

ancient hibee
06-08-2009, 09:19 AM
All will be revealed on Friday when the fishman calls.

basehibby
06-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Scotsman report says that Riordan was left behind in Edinburgh, alluding to disciplinary reasons. It says that he will still feature in Hughes future plans.

I should bloody well hope so - would be a disaster to lose him at this point IMO.

Wilson
06-08-2009, 09:23 AM

Sounds likely.

Hibs don't get to play the likes of Blackburn often and players like Deek obviously want to test themselves against teams of this calibre. Dropping him for this game should hammer home the message about the consequences of stepping out of line during Yogi's watch.

If he is pissed off hopefully it is at himself. He really is experienced enough to know better.

Hibs90
06-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Him being left out was part of his discipline. My source was obviously talking pish about him being in Blackburn. Although I can safely say he will be in Bolton and will be a Hibs player this season.

ackeygraham
06-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Wasn't at the game due to not being taken, but was on queensferry road as he is staying nearby...something out of nothing eh!

lapsedhibee
06-08-2009, 09:35 AM

:bitchy: Pure anecdotal likes. :wink:

hibee_nation
06-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Him being left out was part of his discipline. My source was obviously talking pish about him being in Blackburn. Although I can safely say he will be in Bolton and will be a Hibs player this season.

:faf:

ahibby
06-08-2009, 09:43 AM
I have to say that last season I wasn't a Deek fan because of his work ethic (or lack of) and his attitude but when this rumour about Southampton came out, I about sh** it. Thinking back to last Saturday, he forced two great saves from the PNE goalie, one from a dead ball and the other trade mark with the right coming in from the left. IIRC he also had one come off the top of the bar. So there was possibly three great efforts IMHumbleO, the likes of which we desperately need this season. I hope he screws the noddle.

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2009, 09:46 AM
I have to say that last season I wasn't a Deek fan because of his work ethic (or lack of) and his attitude but when this rumour about Southampton came out, I about sh** it. Thinking back to last Saturday, he forced two great saves from the PNE goalie, one from a dead ball and the other trade mark with the right coming in from the left. IIRC he also had one come off the top of the bar. So there was possibly three great efforts IMHumbleO, the likes of which we desperately need this season. I hope he screws the noddle.

My god, be careful, you are starting to judge him on his football ability.

Hibs90
06-08-2009, 09:54 AM
:faf:

Problem?

andrew_dundee
06-08-2009, 10:00 AM
I reckon your story is 100% watertight. I heard the same thing from a bloke in the pub.

:thumbsup: that just made me spit coffee all over my screen!! :thumbsup:

smurf
06-08-2009, 10:03 AM
I have to say that last season I wasn't a Deek fan because of his work ethic (or lack of) and his attitude

Exactly... Give me a player that works his socks off, tracks back, shows great attitude but never scores goals anyday...

Derek Riordan is a goalscorer. That's a full stop.

hibs1875aye
06-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Exactly... Give me a player that works his socks off, tracks back, shows great attitude but never scores goals anyday...

Derek Riordan is a goalscorer. That's a full stop.

This was always the point before a lot of people moaned for i.e. Deek tracking back/defending/doing more. When he DID do this at points last season (other than being played out of place at times), he scored less!!!

Id rather he was battering in goals as thats what he does. Let the rest of the team do their jobs and let him do his. Its also worth remembering he still scored more than Fletcher with less time to do it in.

smurf
06-08-2009, 12:33 PM
This was always the point before a lot of people moaned for i.e. Deek tracking back/defending/doing more. When he DID do this at points last season (other than being played out of place at times), he scored less!!!

Id rather he was battering in goals as thats what he does. Let the rest of the team do their jobs and let him do his. Its also worth remembering he still scored more than Fletcher with less time to do it in.

:agree:

Hibbyradge
06-08-2009, 10:14 PM

Not that it really matters, but I'm 100% certain he was on the flight to Southampton. Definite.

I have no idea where he was going, or why, but he was on that flight.

I've flown up and down to Southampton in a day on several occasions. There is a railway station there so he could have been going anywhere.

I've never suggested he was speaking to another club, or going for therapy, but he was on that flight.

Nothing wrong with that, but it was relevant given that we were playing Blackburn that evening.

Mon the Deek!

Haggis Hibby
06-08-2009, 10:30 PM
maybe deeks fancied a shopping trip,,,, the Gun Warf in Pompey is great :devil:

Riordans Boots
06-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Him being left out was part of his discipline. My source was obviously talking pish about him being in Blackburn. Although I can safely say he will be in Bolton and will be a Hibs player this season. 100% Fact.

:agree:

marinello59
07-08-2009, 07:35 AM
maybe deeks fancied a shopping trip,,,, the Gun Warf in Pompey is great :devil:
Totally off topic rant but..................
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have even yuppified Pompey docks now?