PDA

View Full Version : Just Back

darwenhibby
05-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Good Hibs support around 500 for a midweek game.
The first 20 mins I thought we were out of or depth.

Yogi then played a game of learning to retain the ball.
Nothing really of a finishing edge.

But at the end of the day I would be more worried if I was A Blackburn Fan.

They are really pi$$ poor.

LancashireHibby
05-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Can't disagree with that. Zemmama was the best player on the park by a mile, though Nish was very isolated up front.

And how have I got home at the same time as you when I went to drop Kev off in Preston, Bob in Wigan and my mate on the other side of Leigh, and you're 2 miles down the road from Ewood?! :wink:

HH81
05-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Agree with both posts and also though Zemmama was a class above, I think he could just be putting himself in a shop window playing like that.

I have to say though Maka made 3 very good saves I recall. Hibs also missed a header from about 6 yards - someone explain it? I can't :confused:

Also who were them Lancastrians to the left..... that lancashire song was poor :wink::greengrin Yorkshire, Yorkshire has a better ring to it :agree::thumbsup:

darwenhibby
05-08-2009, 10:38 PM
You Know what taxis are like:wink:

Queuing up at the Fernhurst.

LancashireHibby
05-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Agree with both posts and also though Zemmama was a class above, I think he could just be putting himself in a shop window playing like that.

I have to say though Maka made 3 very good saves I recall. Hibs also missed a header from about 6 yards - someone explain it? I can't :confused:

Also who were them Lancastrians to the left..... that lancashire song was poor :wink::greengrin Yorkshire, Yorkshire has a better ring to it :agree::thumbsup:

Thought that Murray header was an absolute sitter, virtual open goal. Can only assume he didn't quite high enough to get over the ball.

Maka's second save from the header was awesome. Shame he let himself down with his basketball antics in the second half.

Good job a few of us Lancastrians were up near the back or we'd have been as quiet as t'Roverrrs fans :wink:

darwenhibby
05-08-2009, 10:45 PM

If your a Leeds fan.

To me when the cabbage fun out on the park to HIBEES HIBEES better than any chant.

Still for the record Lancashire Hibs probably the biggest Hibs support south of the border.

HH81
05-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Thought that Murray header was an absolute sitter, virtual open goal. Can only assume he didn't quite high enough to get over the ball.

Maka's second save from the header was awesome. Shame he let himself down with his basketball antics in the second half.

Good job a few of us Lancastrians were up near the back or we'd have been as quiet as t'Roverrrs fans :wink:

I was stood near to you lot, was going to come over and sing a few Yorkshire songs for the banter then though better not :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Just back too, makalamby was superb, :thumbsup:two great saves early doors, and great feet all game. Ian murray, bamba, cregg and zemamma played very well, :thumbsup:albeit in a a friendly, they showed the commitment needed for the cause. Everyone who played did their bit, although apart from one terrible miss just before half time, we never looked like scoring. Nish up front on his own does not work, he's not a target man.:confused: All in all, some good football, but no real impact at the top end of the pitch. Oh and me a delabooze kissed and made up.:wink:

iwasthere1972
05-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Just back too, makalamby was superb, :thumbsup:two great saves early doors, and great feet all game. Ian murray, bamba, cregg and zemamma played very well, :thumbsup:albeit in a a friendly, they showed the commitment needed for the cause. Everyone who played did their bit, although apart from one terrible miss just before half time, we never looked like scoring. Nish up front on his own does not work, he's not a target man.:confused: All in all, some good football, but no real impact at the top end of the pitch. Oh and me a delabooze kissed and made up.:wink:

:sick:

Jonnyboy
05-08-2009, 10:57 PM

:thumbsup::scarf::spammy::clapper:

darwenhibby
05-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Talking to the Fernies on the way out and going on about how bad Rovers were.
The Locals seemed to have that acceptance on their faces.

lucky
05-08-2009, 11:09 PM
back in hotel, i thought Cregg , Murray and Zemmama were our best but worried if zemmama will still be here come transfer deadline.

Downside was the racist chants by some Hibbies

LancashireHibby
05-08-2009, 11:10 PM

Didn't hear any of that :confused:

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Talking to the Fernies on the way out and going on about how bad Rovers were.
The Locals seemed to have that acceptance on their faces.

Duane, i got a lift back with alec, ian and alan fernie, and they couldnt believe how bad blackburn were. They are just huge athletes, with little football ability. No wonder they cant fill their ground very often.

Jonnyboy
05-08-2009, 11:12 PM
back in hotel, i thought Cregg , Murray and Zemmama were our best but worried if zemmama will still be here come transfer deadline.

That's really sickening

Bassas should be ashamed of themselves :grr:

darwenhibby
05-08-2009, 11:14 PM
What racist Chants!!:fuming:

As I have said the Hibs support was a credit.

Even Blackpool and Bolton.:top marks

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2009, 11:15 PM
What racist Chants!!:fuming:

As I have said the Hibs support was a credit.

Never heard any of that?:confused:

LancashireHibby
05-08-2009, 11:15 PM

Wouldn't go that far :wink:

Think we're entering Blackpool in the 2012 Olympics after his seat hurdling tonight, think how the man will fly when his knee recovers!

Wakeyhibee
05-08-2009, 11:17 PM

Thought McBride was worth a credit too he and Cregg covered vast areas all night stopping Blackburn playing.

:agree: 4-5-1 with Nish is a non starter everything just bounces off him.

Great to see a passing team tonight albeit with no teeth up front. Looking forward to Saturday now.

darwenhibby
05-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Wouldn't go that far :wink:

Think we're entering Blackpool in the 2012 Olympics after his seat hurdling tonight, think how the man will fly when his knee recovers!

:faf:

lucky
06-08-2009, 12:02 AM
the Edinburgh is wonderful song was sung in the ground before the game also group of casuals were singing and abusing an Asian steward through out the game

hibsboy90
06-08-2009, 01:21 AM
Firstly, impressive stadium. Better view from behind the goals than the FF offers. Good Hibs support, probably around 300. Very dissapointing home support though, Hibs obviously aren't a big draw.:wink: Dean Shiels was in the Hibs end tonight, with many chants directed at him, as well as him signing autographs and posing for photos for all who wanted.

Maka - PLayed well. His distribution still needs work, didn't drop a cross all night. Seems to be communicating with the defence a bit more this season.

McCann - Dissapointed, though need to cut some slack as he's just back in the team. Will be pleased to have go through 75m unscathed, with no clangers. Never offered much movement however, whenever he got the ball, passed it sideways, or back into the middle. Never found space further forward.

Hogg - Struggled in the air against Roberts. Led the team well. Solid in the tackle.

Bamba - Strong, coped well and worked tirelessly. One loose pass put us in danger, but apart from that a good display.

Murray - Gave his all, seemed to be the only person going wide on the left side of the pitch, rest of midfield was too narrow. Never really whipped any balls in. Missed a sitter of a header first half from a few yards out (think Paco Luna v AEK)

Zemmama - Awesome! Needs to work more on dead balls, but driving forward, skinning Rovers players a lot. Class act.

Stevenson, Rankin, Cregg, McBride - KM looked to be seriously injured at one stage with the stretchers called on, soldiered on though. Worked hard, didn't give away ball cheaply. Not a standout, but certainly not worth having a go at. Good appearance. PC was similar, tracking back well. Nothing too spectacular though. LS, anonymous, brushed off the ball easily. JR, looked to be trying to be more creative, though well closed down. Worked hard, professional performance.

Nish - Awful. Shrinks in the air when going for a header, must have won 2 headers all game (both unopposed), never gave an option to MZ. Would rather see Byrne up front. Thomas Sowunmi would have been more effective tonight. Didn't even look to be trying his all.

NOLA
06-08-2009, 02:32 AM
Firstly, impressive stadium. Better view from behind the goals than the FF offers. Good Hibs support, probably around 300. Very dissapointing home support though, Hibs obviously aren't a big draw.:wink: Dean Shiels was in the Hibs end tonight, with many chants directed at him, as well as him signing autographs and posing for photos for all who wanted.

Maka - PLayed well. His distribution still needs work, didn't drop a cross all night. Seems to be communicating with the defence a bit more this season.

McCann - Dissapointed, though need to cut some slack as he's just back in the team. Will be pleased to have go through 75m unscathed, with no clangers. Never offered much movement however, whenever he got the ball, passed it sideways, or back into the middle. Never found space further forward.

Hogg - Struggled in the air against Roberts. Led the team well. Solid in the tackle.

Bamba - Strong, coped well and worked tirelessly. One loose pass put us in danger, but apart from that a good display.

Murray - Gave his all, seemed to be the only person going wide on the left side of the pitch, rest of midfield was too narrow. Never really whipped any balls in. Missed a sitter of a header first half from a few yards out (think Paco Luna v AEK)

Zemmama - Awesome! Needs to work more on dead balls, but driving forward, skinning Rovers players a lot. Class act.

Stevenson, Rankin, Cregg, McBride - KM looked to be seriously injured at one stage with the stretchers called on, soldiered on though. Worked hard, didn't give away ball cheaply. Not a standout, but certainly not worth having a go at. Good appearance. PC was similar, tracking back well. Nothing too spectacular though. LS, anonymous, brushed off the ball easily. JR, looked to be trying to be more creative, though well closed down. Worked hard, professional performance.

Nish - Awful. Shrinks in the air when going for a header, must have won 2 headers all game (both unopposed), never gave an option to MZ. Would rather see Byrne up front. Thomas Sowunmi would have been more effective tonight. Didn't even look to be trying his all.

Good luck to Deano for the new season ahead, met him a few times on the the no.35 bus to ocean terminal ( think he shared a flat with morrow)

Gala Foxes
06-08-2009, 05:13 AM
if there were any racist chants I totally missed them

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2009, 07:12 AM
if there were any racist chants I totally missed them

Me too, never heard it once.:confused:

bathhibby
06-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Didn't hear the Edinburgh chant and wished I had seen Deano.

Bluckburn did live up to their name Hackburn, their number 8 should have been shown red or subbed by Alerdyce after that shcocking two footed lunge at Zemmama.

Can't wait to Saturday with hopefully a resurgent Deek back

Hibs90
06-08-2009, 09:14 AM
I thought first 10-15 minutes they controlled things, then we grew into the game as it got on. Maka, McBride and Zemmama were top class and how did Murray miss that header at the back post. I thought we played really well last night.

I never heard any racist chants either.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2009, 09:24 AM
I thought first 10-15 minutes they controlled things, then we grew into the game as it got on. Maka, McBride and Zemmama were top class and how did Murray miss that header at the back post. I thought we played really well last night.

We played the containing game very well, lets not get all excited about the outcome. We offered absolutely nothing as an attaking force, Robinson did not make one save in the whole match. We never had one shot in the whole match that was on target, unless you count zemamma's effort than nearly went over the stand, and murrays miss at the end of the 1st half, that was the nearest we got. It was like a training match for the majority of the game, although we did pass it well from back to midfield and back again. We kept the ball well in those positions, but going forward over the half way line, we either lost it when passing forward, or they tackled us and won the ball from us. We did have some very good performances, especially imho Bamba. He could have played for them last night, and not looked out of place. He confirmed what i have thought for a while, Bamba could play in the EPL, and it wouldnt surprise me if that happened in the future.

Hibs90
06-08-2009, 09:27 AM
We played the containing game very well, lets not get all excited about the outcome. We offered absolutely nothing as an attaking force, Robinson did not make one save in the whole match. We never had one shot in the whole match that was on target, unless you count zemamma's effort than nearly went over the stand, and murrays miss at the end of the 1st half, that was the nearest we got. It was like a training match for the majority of the game, although we did pass it well from back to midfield and back again. We kept the ball well in those positions, but going forward over the half way line, we either lost it when passing forward, or they tackled us and won the ball from us. We did have some very good performances, especially imho Bamba. He could have played for them last night, and not looked out of place. He confirmed what i have thought for a while, Bamba could play in the EPL, and it wouldnt surprise me if that happened in the future.

I see where you are coming from but after the Preston game there was alot of doom about this place, Blackburn are a EPL side and we did well so there was alot of postives to take from the game, well, except Nish. :greengrin

Burnley Hibee
06-08-2009, 09:29 AM
I didnt hear any racism either. Cant argue with what's been said above - Zemmama looked good. Passed it quite well. No cutting edge. Blackburn were pish.:greengrin

"One man and his fork lift truck couldnae carry Nade" was the song of the night for me.:agree:

ancient hibee
06-08-2009, 09:31 AM
That report could have been applied to plenty of Falkirk's performances,neat,possession for the sake of it,no passes into dangerous areas,no end product.There must be variation-Celtic won last night as the result of what was basically a hoof into the box.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2009, 09:34 AM
I see where you are coming from but after the Preston game there was alot of doom about this place, Blackburn are a EPL side and we did well so there was alot of postives to take from the game, well, except Nish. :greengrin

Yip, i agree plenty of positives, especially the way we did try to pass the ball. :thumbsup:I still feel we need 2 full backs, a centre half, a right sided midfielder, and another centre forward,:pray: as nish will never make one. What a fairy he is.:grr: He seemed frightened of making a challenge last night, and pulled out of a few.:grr:

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2009, 09:38 AM
That report could have been applied to plenty of Falkirk's performances,neat,possession for the sake of it,no passes into dangerous areas,no end product.There must be variation-Celtic won last night as the result of what was basically a hoof into the box.

Blackburn had 11 big athletes. 11 players who compete in the hardest league in the world every week. We looked very small compaired to them last night, but seemed to have more technical ability to them, but their greater height weight and speed made it very difficult for us. We wont have the same problems with the SPL, we will compete as we always do. We do need more quality though in certain positions. Over to you Rod.

Bristolhibby
06-08-2009, 11:22 AM
I didnt hear any racism either. Cant argue with what's been said above - Zemmama looked good. Passed it quite well. No cutting edge. Blackburn were pish.:greengrin

"One man and his fork lift truck couldnae carry Nade" was the song of the night for me.:agree:

Was trying to figure what that chant was. Haha!

J

Speedway
06-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Was trying to figure what that chant was. Haha!

J

I believe it was:

One man went to carry
Went to carry Nade
One man and his forklift truck
Couldnae Carry Nade

Two men went to carry
Etc

--------
06-08-2009, 01:57 PM
I believe it was:

One man went to carry
Went to carry Nade
One man and his forklift truck
Couldnae Carry Nade

Two men went to carry
Etc

That's what I CALL a football song. :top marks

darwenhibby
06-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Hibs are the worst team I have seen at Ewood ever in a pre season friendly.

The go pass pass hoof the ball up and then it goes out for a throw in.

If Hibs were still at Ewood now they still would not have scored.

I was going to Leave after 30 minutes and go to the pub.

You never troubled Robinson once.

That was the interpretation of the game from one very biased father in law.

Especially when two of his grandsons were in the Darwen end supporting Hibs.

My reply
"And your cr*p couldnae score against them!! How bad are your lot?"

Future17
06-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Didn't hear the Edinburgh chant and wished I had seen Deano.

Bluckburn did live up to their name Hackburn, their number 8 should have been shown red or subbed by Alerdyce after that shcocking two footed lunge at Zemmama.

Can't wait to Saturday with hopefully a resurgent Deek back

Keith Andrews - ridiculous tackle for any game never mind a pre-season friendly. :agree:

Some good performances in the Hibs ranks last night, special mention to Maka, Hogg, Bamba and of course, Zouma!

Bobo
06-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Never heard any of that?:confused:

Neither did I, must be going deaf in my old age either that or I was too engrossed in eating my curry pie. :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Agree largely with what has been said. Blackburn threatened to run riot in the first 20 where we were saved by Maka and some bad finishing. They were big and physical and our defense and midfield struggled.

Then we got the passing game together and, I thought, made them look a pretty inept, third-rate outfit. In fact, two Blackburn fans I attended with (nice meal in Blues bar at the home end before kick-off) were embarrassed that they couldn't get the ball and by the number of 'ole's' coming from the Hibs fans in the Darwen Stand.

That said we had no cutting edge and made few chances bar the Murray miss and Zommer's run though the entire lumbering Rovers defence. Not surprising as we only had Nish up front and lacked pace in the fullbacks with McCann and Murray both, for different reasons not able to bomb up and down the flanks with the requisite pace. I feel this is the key to making Yogi's system work effectively.

McBride surprised me. I thought he was marvelous sitting in front of the defence and to me he ran the game.

I picked up the local East Lancs paper today where they were lamenting Blackburn's inability to take their chances. Fair enough, but they should be far more concerned that for an hour Hibernian passed them off the park on their own turf and reduced them to speculative long range efforts on goal. Despite their height and strength they were hardly a good advert for the skill level of the bottom half of the EPL. Perhaps I have green-tinted specs but on that showing Hibs are simply a better footballing side.

Gatecrasher
06-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Agree largely with what has been said. Blackburn threatened to run riot in the first 20 where we were saved by Maka and some bad finishing. They were big and physical and our defense and midfield struggled.

Then we got the passing game together and, I thought, made them look a pretty inept, third-rate outfit. In fact, two Blackburn fans I attended with (nice meal in Blues bar at the home end before kick-off) were embarrassed that they couldn't get the ball and by the number of 'ole's' coming from the Hibs fans in the Darwen Stand.

That said we had no cutting edge and made few chances bar the Murray miss and Zommer's run though the entire lumbering Rovers defence. Not surprising as we only had Nish up front and lacked pace in the fullbacks with McCann and Murray both, for different reasons not able to bomb up and down the flanks with the requisite pace. I feel this is the key to making Yogi's system work effectively.

McBride surprised me. I thought he was marvelous sitting in front of the defence and to me he ran the game.

I picked up the local East Lancs paper today where they were lamenting Blackburn's inability to take their chances. Fair enough, but they should be far more concerned that for an hour Hibernian passed them off the park on their own turf and reduced them to speculative long range efforts on goal. Despite their height and strength they were hardly a good advert for the skill level of the bottom half of the EPL. Perhaps I have green-tinted specs but on that showing Hibs are simply a better footballing side.

hibs passing game was a lot better than blackburns, they made the better chances but IMO that was to be expected, Nish alone up front isnt going to work but i feel hibs could be a bit more direct going forward, but a Sam Allardyce side is always going to be hard to break down. Just look at how hard arsenal tried to get a win at the Reebok