PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Stokes

stevenhibs
05-08-2009, 04:43 PM
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=429800

Bit about him possibly coming to Hibs at bottom of page 2.

Might be worth keeping an eye on.

McIntosh
06-08-2009, 08:10 AM
My nephew is a sport report for *** ***** ******** and by all accounts Hibs were trying hard to negotiate the release of this player but the final arbiter as in most things was money.

However whilst this now seem unlikely Hibs have been in 'frantic' negotiations to take on two players on loan from a senior London club, when I hear more I will post.

Intersting days coming up, either way.

CraigHibee
06-08-2009, 08:13 AM
would love to see him here!

hughes did say he would have to possibly shift folk out before anyone else was brought in.

exit: keenan, campbell, cropley

Seany HFC 7-0
06-08-2009, 08:19 AM
I honestly believe Stokes would be a big hit if he came to us! Would love to see it happen :pray: :agree:

Deano Mourinho
06-08-2009, 11:32 AM
What are the chances of Hibs bringing in a player of his quality and indeed another few in which we definetly need? We dont even have rumours to exite us at the moment

--------
06-08-2009, 11:38 AM
My nephew is a sport report for *** ***** ******** and by all accounts Hibs were trying hard to negotiate the release of this player but the final arbiter as in most things was money.

However whilst this now seem unlikely Hibs have been in 'frantic' negotiations to take on two players on loan from a senior London club, when I hear more I will post.

Be VERY careful, young man.

Posting stuff like this while your count's still in single figures could see you irrevocably labelled a :stirrer:

Or even a :jamboclow ....

Trust you're right.

Might cure a couple of the greetin faces round here.... :devil:

GreenBlade
06-08-2009, 11:55 AM

Great! Another player with nightclub problems :faf:

Velma Dinkley
06-08-2009, 12:00 PM
This is different though. Deeks has trouble getting into clubs. Stokes has trouble getting out of one.

Speedway
06-08-2009, 12:40 PM

This ties in with something either Campbell or Cropley said last week.

JimBHibees
06-08-2009, 12:46 PM
This is different though. Deeks has trouble getting into clubs. Stokes has trouble getting out of one.

:faf::faf:

JimBHibees
06-08-2009, 12:47 PM
This ties in with something either Campbell or Cropley said last week.

which was:fishin::greengrin

Petrie's Tache
06-08-2009, 12:52 PM

Yeah exactly! Anyone know any more on this?

Speedway
06-08-2009, 01:37 PM

:lips seal:chop:

McIntosh
06-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Be VERY careful, young man.

Posting stuff like this while your count's still in single figures could see you irrevocably labelled a :stirrer:

Or even a :jamboclow ....

Trust you're right.

Might cure a couple of the greetin faces round here.... :devil:

Thanks for the advice, I've been a member for a little while but I rarely post, but the information I've conveyed I believe to be from an extremely reliable source.

The club is Arsenal but I am awaiting confirmation of both the names, all that I am led to believe is that the club is working hard to bring is 'fresh players, once I have more details will post.

Glasgow Hibee
06-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Not so sure Stokes would be a great signing.

According to wikipedia, since his incredible run of form at Falkirk, he's played 61 games and only scored 4 times.

May just have been a flash in the pan.

Velma Dinkley
06-08-2009, 07:18 PM
He can flash in my pan anytime

shamo9
06-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Not so sure Stokes would be a great signing.

According to wikipedia, since his incredible run of form at Falkirk, he's played 61 games and only scored 4 times.

May just have been a flash in the pan.

How many of those games were in the SPL?

Deano Mourinho
07-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Any more news on the boys from Arsenal?

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Any more news on the boys from Arsenal?

:agree: Latest news is they got Celtc in the CL qualifier.

Deano Mourinho
07-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Whats that got to do with players we are apparently taking on loan

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Whats that got to do with players we are apparently taking on loan

How many are arsenal letting us have?

Deano Mourinho
07-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the advice, I've been a member for a little while but I rarely post, but the information I've conveyed I believe to be from an extremely reliable source.

The club is Arsenal but I am awaiting confirmation of both the names, all that I am led to believe is that the club is working hard to bring is 'fresh players, once I have more details will post.

According to these sorces 2

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Why does Anthony Stokes never get called 'Tony'?

People who ask for their full names who to be used when the less formal versions are common currency are always trouble.

So sayeth Robert.

--------
07-08-2009, 02:25 PM

I guessed it would be the Gunners, since Yogi's had players from there before. It worked for Falkirk (Stokes a case in point) and could well work for us. How to acquire a couple of decent young players without breaking the bank.....

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2009, 02:25 PM

People who ask for their full names who to be used when the less formal versions are common currency are always trouble.

So sayeth Robert.

That guy Andrew Cole was some player.

And don't get me started on Matthew Fairnie.

sambajustice
07-08-2009, 02:30 PM

So sayeth Robert.

Tony Stokes sounds like some sort of Mafioso button man or something!