PDA

View Full Version : All gone quiet on the signing front.....

VegasHibby
05-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Not even a rumour in the transfer market. Not a good sign. We really haven't found a replacement for Jones. We need to beef up the central defence.
Don't get me wrong I think Yogi will get the best out of the players but we lack a full strength team to compete for Europe and top 3.......
Where's your ambition Petrie ? frustrated by the frugal philosophy of our fearless leader........

RickyS
05-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Not even a rumour in the transfer market. Not a good sign. We really haven't found a replacement for Jones. We need to beef up the central defence.
Don't get me wrong I think Yogi will get the best out of the players but we lack a full strength team to compete for Europe and top 3.......
Where's your ambition Petrie ? frustrated by the frugal philosophy of our fearless leader........

worried about it myself, hoping its just Hibs doin the " say nothing till its a done deal thing". had my fingers crossed that Gow would be wearing green this season, just didn't think it would be Plymouth green:grr:

PeterboroHibee
05-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Its not necessarily a bad sign but it has made things a bit boring that we arent even getting linked to anyone; hopefully it means Yogi is looking carefully for whats he wanting and not just signing anyone.

We do need a couple more signings though before the end of the transfer window though, hopefully we get something sorted.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-08-2009, 03:40 PM
On balance Yogi has not had any money to spend. The three players he has brought in were countered by the players that have left in terms of wages. As he has already stated, the Galbraith boy was already a done deal via Mixu so his wages must have been taken care of. Don't think there is any question that we need a defender. While I appreciate that some of the Fletch cash has to be used to try to offset the shortfall in TV money we don't want to get into a vicious circle. If RP thought that just bringing back Yogi was a one shot cure to fill the stands again, maybe last Saturday's turnout will be a wee pointer.

Mibbes Aye
05-08-2009, 03:43 PM
I agree it would be nice to see some signings to help with the boredom :greengrin

Truth is, deals happen or don't happen for various reasons and we'll get some players early and we'll get some players right at the end. And without throwing around money that we don't have that's the best we can do.

Riordan and Bamba were last day signings last year for example. We didn't suddenly decide we wanted them at the end of the window, it's simply the way the system works. Celtc were quoting a fee for Deeks days before the end of the window that was substantially higher than what we paid in the end. We told them to stick it and saw it through to the last day and got him for a fee which I suspect we were comfortable with. And given the circumstances we were right to do so, right to walk away probably if we hadn't got it to a position that we felt suited Hibs.

It's the nature of having transfer windows I suppose - we face not getting some of our targets until the very end and there's the very real prospect that it might break down and we don't get them. Be good to hear folks' views on what would make for a better system :dunno:

Franck is God
05-08-2009, 10:23 PM
I think we are pretty well covered in central defence and even full backs.

I still think we need another experienced midfielder, pleased to have Cregg & McBride and of course the return of Zemmama. I'm not a big fan of Rankin, I appreciate that his work rate is first class and has a great attitude but thats not always enough. I keep waiting for Stevenson to step up but he seems lacking at the moment and this season might be a bit soon for Currie.

If Benji stays and Yogi is happy for him to be in the squad then we should be fine with the strikers we have but if he is to leave then we will need another striker and probably one that actually has a proven record at at least SPL level.

Hermit Crab
10-08-2014, 09:33 AM
A thread from 5 years ago has a striking resemblance to what's happening in 2014 :greengrin

All quiet on the signing front. :cb

Hermit Crab
10-08-2014, 09:35 AM

Same old same old. :greengrin

DAVE1875
10-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Hopefully it's just a small evaluation period for Stubbs so he has a clearer idea of exactly what kind of player the side needs

Matt92
10-08-2014, 09:51 AM
As frustrating as it is I would much rather we waited and carefully selected players like AL Falgui, Allan etc rather than the hit-and-hope spray of mid-summer journeymen we usually go for. Sure it is 'annoying' that the team will (possibly) gel slightly later and we might not be as strong for the first few games, but no need for panic buys as that has been a key reason for our decline.

SanFranHibs
10-08-2014, 09:56 AM
cough, cough...sneeze,sneeze. cough cough.

Sorry, it's all the dust from this thread!

Well Yogi????? We're still waiting !!!!!

oneone73
10-08-2014, 09:59 AM
cough, cough...sneeze,sneeze. cough cough.

Sorry, it's all the dust from this thread!

Well Yogi????? We're still waiting !!!!!

Benji, Zemmamma, Riordan, Bamba *sighs nostalgically*

SaulGoodman
10-08-2014, 10:02 AM

Gow :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-08-2014, 11:44 AM

Cregg, McBride, Rankin haha

To be fair, McBride had a great start to that season

Eternal Hibbie
10-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Hope we finally manage to get Hope in, if there's any real substance to our interest in this guy, early in the week preferably to let him settle in before next weekend.

Someone on the end of things to tuck away the chances we've created the last two games would have made a real difference.

We can but hope. :)

R11Loaded
10-08-2014, 12:05 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/10/tese7edu.jpg

My body is ready

GoldenEagle
10-08-2014, 12:13 PM

My body is ready

Well he was at Easter Road yesterday I suppose.

R11Loaded
10-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Well he was at Easter Road yesterday I suppose.

Lives 15 minutes from East Mains

HoboHarry
10-08-2014, 12:45 PM

My body is ready

My wife's body better be ready .....

R11Loaded
10-08-2014, 12:55 PM
My wife's body better be ready .....

😂😂😂😂😂