PDA

View Full Version : dynamo moscow v rantic

bighairyfaeleith
05-08-2009, 01:56 PM
is this on the tv tonight, if so what channel and time as I can't find it?

JimBHibees
05-08-2009, 01:58 PM
BBC 2 at 5pm I think

FraserHFC
05-08-2009, 01:59 PM
is this on the tv tonight, if so what channel and time as I can't find it?

BBC 2 Scotland, coverage starts 4.45 our time

bighairyfaeleith
05-08-2009, 02:14 PM
:thumbsup:

erin-go-bragh87
05-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Come on Dynamo!!

the happy hibee
05-08-2009, 03:44 PM
good luck the 2nd too wear the green :greengrin

hibsdaft
05-08-2009, 04:43 PM
celtic 1-0

scott macdonald 43rd minute

game on

JoeTortolanoFanClub
05-08-2009, 04:48 PM
1-0 HT. How on earth does Maloney get into the Scotland squad ? His crossing and corners are terrible.

hibsdaft
05-08-2009, 04:53 PM
76 assists in 183 games. i don't think he's been the same player since his sojourn to the Midlands though.

Fortune looks a huddy to me am i missing something ?

Sylar
05-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Since the SFL/SFA don't give a **** about their member clubs, nor do I.

Come on Dinamo!!!!!

Storar
05-08-2009, 05:28 PM
watching it here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8184439.stm).

Fortune looks a waste

hibsdaft
05-08-2009, 05:34 PM
wtf is that Donati moustache all about

NaeTechnoHibby
05-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Interesting watching that sub though, McD for Samaras, TM never even gave him a look never mind a handshake :wink:

Camped on the touchline, slouched shoulders, just looking at the pitch :agree:

He's so ShEiTTie scared now he cannae move :greengrin

JoeTortolanoFanClub
05-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Celtic have looked a bit brighter since Brown came on.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
05-08-2009, 05:47 PM
2-0 Celtic. Samaras. Last minute goal.

Sylar
05-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Just a big ****ing hoof forward.

Hope Celtic get Arsenal or Lyon and get horsed in the next round.

hibsdaft
05-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Celtic have looked a bit brighter since Brown came on.

deffo, Fortune was getting on the end of very little and lost control of what he did. the ball just seems to stick to Brown's foot.

NaeTechnoHibby
05-08-2009, 05:52 PM

Do they have one?

Or is just the group stages, being wee team fan I widnae know these things :greengrin :boo hoo:

JoeTortolanoFanClub
05-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Celtic win 2-1 on aggregate.

Jim44
Easy for Celtic. Moscow gave one of the worst home displays I've seen in the CL.

fergal7
Well done Celtic

Broken Gnome
05-08-2009, 05:56 PM
A half fit Scott Brown playing like that bodes alright for Scotland....

jakedance
05-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Tremendous performance to be honest.

Wee tactical masterstroke of Mowbray's to bring Brown on as a striker too.

I couldn't care less if Celtic had gone through or not but you have to give them some credit.

Austinho
05-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Easy for Celtic. Moscow gave one of the worst home displays I've seen in the CL.It was bad, but not quite up there with the worst — http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynNn-xnfIPM

Broken Gnome
05-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Tremendous performance to be honest.

Wee tactical masterstroke of Mowbray's to bring Brown on as a striker too.

I couldn't care less if Celtic had gone through or not but you have to give them some credit.

Gotta love the complete ignorance of the commentators at Brown playing up front, like him ever doing such a thing was completely unthinkable....

JoeTortolanoFanClub
05-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Celtic played really well in the second half IMHO. Their fitness was impressive too. For a team in pre-season to score in the last minute of each half against a team in mid-season is no mean feat.

NaeTechnoHibby
05-08-2009, 06:01 PM

Do they have one?

Or is just the group stages, being wee team fan I widnae know these things :greengrin :boo hoo:

I now know the answer, hope they get beat by Fiortentina :greengrin

zlatan
05-08-2009, 06:05 PM
They looked decent for the first time in years after Brown came on.

I hate the fact Mogga has gone there, means I like to see them do well :boo hoo:

Woody1985
05-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Easy for Celtic. Moscow gave one of the worst home displays I've seen in the CL.

To be fair it was a second qualifying round. Most **** teams are in at that stage.

Marty-Hibee
05-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Brown undoubtedly plays better when he's allowed to travel further forward. Strachan had him playing far too deep IMO. Can see him tearing the league apart under Mogga this season

Golden Bear
05-08-2009, 06:14 PM
I've mixed feelings on this result.

First of all the potential income that is now open to the smelly ones will mean that they will be free to rape and pillage other SPL clubs for their better players.

However I do quite enjoy the tv coverage of european nights at smelltic park when there's nowt much else to do on a bleak winter night.

Woody1985
05-08-2009, 06:34 PM
I've mixed feelings on this result.

First of all the potential income that is now open to the smelly ones will mean that they will be free to rape and pillage other SPL clubs for their better players.

However I do quite enjoy the tv coverage of european nights at smelltic park when there's nowt much else to do on a bleak winter night.

They've only got two more games left though... They still need to play the 3rd round qualifier.

I only caught the last half hour but what did strike me was their pace in breaking forward. I don't think I've seen them attack so quickly in a long time. Although the pitch was huge and made it easier to spread the ball around.

I look forward to the Celtic games as well on a cauld Wed night. There's always a lot more drama in Celtic CL matches than other run of the mill group games.

I wanted Celtic to win the league last year purely for the reason that it would have been a nail in Rangers coffin. Can you imagine the state of their finances if they never got automatic qualification this year? They'd have been offloading everyone and bringing in mediocre replacements. Massive opportunity missed by Celtic. :boo hoo:

ancient hibee
05-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Celtic did well although two pretty ordinary teams-nice to see a defender doing his job properly at the post.Thought the best performer was the ref who unlike our guys knew the difference between a tackle and a foul,kept the game moving and mostly allowed players to roll around in"agony"if that's what they wanted to do.

NOLA
06-08-2009, 03:03 AM
Celtic did well although two pretty ordinary teams-nice to see a defender doing his job properly at the post.Thought the best performer was the ref who unlike our guys knew the difference between a tackle and a foul,kept the game moving and mostly allowed players to roll around in"agony"if that's what they wanted to do.

thought the ref was good as well , expected him to blow up on a number of times 1st half but defo was not a Homer (DOH!)

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-08-2009, 07:17 AM
There is going to be hell to pay if the Celtic board sit down and watch a re-run of the BBC coverage. Someone, obviously a Rangers fan, has airbrushed 95% of the most passionate and dedicated away supporters out of the picture and made it look like only 3 or 4 hundred followed their team to Russia.

heretoday
06-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Well done Celtic. They'll get humped in the next round though.

Keith_M
06-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Congratulations to RaSellik.

Mowbray managed in one game what TGW couldn't over two and a half years.

I think they must be clear favourites for the league.

JackRegan
06-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Can you hear me??? Can you hear me????

Leo Tolstoy, Boris Pasternak, Joespeh Stalin, Lenin, Maria Sharapova, Vladamir Putin, Mikhail Gorbachev, Tatu...Can you hear me?

Your Boys took a helluva beating. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Expecting Rain
06-08-2009, 10:59 AM

Leo Tolstoy, Boris Pasternak, Joespeh Stalin, Lenin, Maria Sharapova, Vladamir Putin, Mikhail Gorbachev, Tatu...Can you hear me?

To be honest Jack the Ruskies were very poor, flattered to decieve a lot but credit to Celtic where it is due, good result, hope you get stuffed in the next round!

Ritchie
06-08-2009, 11:02 AM
They looked decent for the first time in years after Brown came on.

I hate the fact Mogga has gone there, means I like to see them do well :boo hoo:

i know what you mean.... as much as i wasnt bothered about them going through last night i found myself urging them to get a goal!! :duck:

thought celtic played well last night.... mogga got his substitutions spot on.

Brown looked different class when he came on... held the ball up and linked up brilliantly.

that N'guemo looks a class act.

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2009, 11:06 AM
I thought Celtic looked like a Mowbray team last night it was heartbreaking, they were brilliant.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
06-08-2009, 11:31 AM
i know what you mean.... as much as i wasnt bothered about them going through last night i found myself urging them to get a goal!! :duck:

thought celtic played well last night.... mogga got his substitutions spot on.

Brown looked different class when he came on... held the ball up and linked up brilliantly.

that N'guemo looks a class act.

I have to agree. But it wasn't just the substitutions. Maloney switching wings in the second half really opened up the Dinamo defence. And I thought Celtic adapted well to the artificial playing surface. Well done TM !

hibs1875aye
06-08-2009, 11:39 AM

That's quality. You celtic weegie getts have even managed to piss of the Russians to the point even they ignore you and you feel the need to give it a big get it up ye type comment with your repetitive "can ye hear me" :blah:

Patience though Jack Regan. You lot will screw it up given time.

Meantime, why not prattle on about your past victories and your mamoth success in the European Cup/Champions League to date with the abacuss busting number of wins you have had.

There is only one team in green that matters mate.

GieTheBaTaeReilly
06-08-2009, 11:42 AM

Celtic Vs Goodnight Vienna

JackRegan
06-08-2009, 11:47 AM
That's quality. You celtic weegie getts have even managed to piss of the Russians to the point even they ignore you and you feel the need to give it a big get it up ye type comment with your repetitive "can ye hear me" :blah:

Patience though Jack Regan. You lot will screw it up given time.

Meantime, why not prattle on about your past victories and your mamoth success in the European Cup/Champions League to date with the abacuss busting number of wins you have had.

There is only one team in green that matters mate.

We've won it once. :agree:

PS I can only think we pissed the Russians off as we put them out. Other than that, I don't care what they think. :greengrin

JackRegan
06-08-2009, 11:49 AM
To be honest Jack the Ruskies were very poor, flattered to decieve a lot but credit to Celtic where it is due, good result, hope you get stuffed in the next round!

Agree Churchy, but we've been humbled by much worse.

Biggie
06-08-2009, 11:53 AM
yeah, well done celtic...dont mind them winning knowing their going down a dead end.....please let it be arsenal

Baker9
06-08-2009, 11:59 AM
I thought Celtic looked like a Mowbray team last night it was heartbreaking, they were brilliant.

:top marks
Well done Celtic. The Russians weren't that bad a side, they were just outplayed by a very good team. Absolutely no negatives and some restoration of Scottish pride in Europe. Best of luck in the next round and horrible luck against us in the SPL.

hibs1875aye
06-08-2009, 12:03 PM
We've won it once. :agree:

PS I can only think we pissed the Russians off as we put them out. Other than that, I don't care what they think. :greengrin

I know. This was the point I was making. Unfortunately, some bloke on Uranus :greengrin doesn't know celtic won the European Cup once, the famous Lisbon Lions etc. Equally unfortunately, he probably also knows celtic took about 3 million people to last european final you reached and rangers took twice that number to manchester, fought with the cops when the telly broke and generally made us Scots look like tits :rolleyes:

I think you DO care what they think, hence your post.

However, I equally, care not a jot where you lot get to in Europe though ideally for me and the good of MY team, the sooner you exit and the less money you make, the better we will fair when you come trying to nick our players.

Joe Baker II
06-08-2009, 01:50 PM
:top marks
Well done Celtic. The Russians weren't that bad a side, they were just outplayed by a very good team. Absolutely no negatives and some restoration of Scottish pride in Europe. Best of luck in the next round and horrible luck against us in the SPL.

Totally agree - this is one season more than others where Scottish League clubs need to do reasonably well in Europe, in part due to financial crisis and more uniquely, coefficient divided by 6 rather than 4 teams.

Very odd that it takes us 54 years to win on aggregate after losing first leg at home then two of our teams do it within 3 weeks.

To be fair to Celtic their away leg record in qualifiers and UEFA cup actually not bad, it is only in group stages and beyond where they have struggled (and of the 17 group and subsequent games, 3 defeats from AC Milan, 2 from Man U, 1 from Barcelona Lyon and Bayern, and a draw in Barcelona, remaining 8 take some explaining though).