PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Channels Launched

Jscully
04-08-2009, 11:52 PM
http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~1742218,00.html

AVAILABLE TO SKY AND VIRGIN MEDIA USERS!!!

JON6207
05-08-2009, 06:54 AM
http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~1742218,00.html

AVAILABLE TO SKY AND VIRGIN MEDIA USERS!!!

For Sky customers, ESPN's new channels will be included within the 'Ultimate' channel pack. ESPN HD will be available at no extra cost to those who subscribe to ESPN and have Sky's HD Pack. Sky Sports subscribers will be able to subscribe to ESPN for £9 per month while other Sky customers will be able to subscribe from £12 per month.

ESPN (Sky channel 417) and ESPN HD (Sky channel 442)

Is the bit in bold correct cause I subscribe to everything and was not going to bother with ESPN but will be good if its free.

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Not on my screen yet anyway :confused:

Sylar
05-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Was on my screen yesterday - they launched Monday night at 8pm :thumbsup:

Sauzee 62
05-08-2009, 09:20 AM
They moved ESPN Classics from Channel 442 to Channel 429! I nearly had a heart attack when i switched on 442 and it said I needed to subscribe! That is the best channel on Sky!!

HenryMonk
05-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Not on my screen yet anyway :confused:

why? do you have a d-box?

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-08-2009, 10:09 AM
why? do you have a d-box?

:agree:

:duck:

HenryMonk
05-08-2009, 10:54 AM
:agree:

:duck:

you need to do a service scan. you know how?

hibeeswph
05-08-2009, 11:30 AM
For Sky customers, ESPN's new channels will be included within the 'Ultimate' channel pack. ESPN HD will be available at no extra cost to those who subscribe to ESPN and have Sky's HD Pack. Sky Sports subscribers will be able to subscribe to ESPN for £9 per month while other Sky customers will be able to subscribe from £12 per month.

ESPN (Sky channel 417) and ESPN HD (Sky channel 442)

Is the bit in bold correct cause I subscribe to everything and was not going to bother with ESPN but will be good if its free.

https://espn.sky.com/popups/pricing.aspx

anybody know the real deal with this is it free or not:confused:

HFC07
05-08-2009, 11:46 AM
I think they mean the HD channel will be free and not the main ESPN channel

Franck is God
05-08-2009, 11:50 AM
I have the Virgin V+ box and subscribe to the XL package.

From Monday night I have had:

ESPN, ESPN HD, ESPN Classic & ESPN America. From what I can gather as long as I continue to have the XL package I will continue to receive these channels without further cost.

The ESPN HD channel looks great and I can't wait to see Hibs on it.

HFC07
05-08-2009, 11:56 AM

ESPN, ESPN HD, ESPN Classic & ESPN America. From what I can gather as long as I continue to have the XL package I will continue to receive these channels without further cost.

Likewise can't wait, roll on the new season :thumbsup:

puff the dragon
05-08-2009, 12:32 PM
is there baseball on?

i like the baseball.

Sylar
05-08-2009, 12:35 PM
is there baseball on?

i like the baseball.

You're taking the piss, right?

StuartHibs
05-08-2009, 12:37 PM
what channel is this for Virgin? Also ive got every channel so will I get this or need to subscribe?

HenryMonk
05-08-2009, 12:40 PM
what channel is this for Virgin? Also ive got every channel so will I get this or need to subscribe?

deary me:bitchy:

puff the dragon
05-08-2009, 12:47 PM
You're taking the piss, right?

no, it's great. don't think i could actually go to a game tho, but on the tv it's good.

StuartHibs
05-08-2009, 12:47 PM
deary me:bitchy:

who p!ssed in ur cornflakes this morning? cnt c newhere where it says what channel it is for virgin?

Sammy7nil
05-08-2009, 12:49 PM

what are the channel No's ? Please

7Hero
05-08-2009, 12:53 PM

they really couldn't make that link any more confusing could they.

anyway i have the sports and movies and hd w sky, am presuming i get the espn channel ??

MoantheCabbage
05-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I have the full sky HD package aswell as multi room and ESPN is not free its £9 a month HD and normal. Spoke with customer service last night who confirmed.

Its a an ansolutle joke that Sky customers get charged and Virgin dont on their XL package

Sylar
05-08-2009, 01:05 PM
no, it's great. don't think i could actually go to a game tho, but on the tv it's good.

I didn't mean with regards to watching baseball. I doubt you'll find a bigger baseball fan than me on these boards, but the question of whether baseball will be shown has been asked 2 or 3 times already on the other ESPN thread, hence my response.

It's mostly going to be shown on channel 430 (ESPN America) with the odd game shown on ESPN (417).

Beefster
05-08-2009, 01:15 PM

The Sky "Ultimate" package customers that don't have to pay for ESPN are basically clubs and pubs. Residential customers will have to pay for it if they want it.

Sammy7nil
05-08-2009, 01:17 PM
The Sky "Ultimate" package customers that don't have to pay for ESPN are basically clubs and pubs. Residential customers will have to pay for it if they want it.

i am with VIRGIN gort Setanata as part of my package looks like i will get ESPN included :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-08-2009, 02:29 PM
you need to do a service scan. you know how?

Got it!

Dirkster23
05-08-2009, 07:29 PM
I didn't mean with regards to watching baseball. I doubt you'll find a bigger baseball fan than me on these boards, but the question of whether baseball will be shown has been asked 2 or 3 times already on the other ESPN thread, hence my response.

It's mostly going to be shown on channel 430 (ESPN America) with the odd game shown on ESPN (417).

Is ESPN America not going to be pulled at the end of the month and merged with the new ESPN channel? Pretty sure i heard the new channel was going to be showing the football, MLB and NHL.

Greenway
05-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Is ESPN America not going to be pulled at the end of the month and merged with the new ESPN channel? Pretty sure i heard the new channel was going to be showing the football, MLB and NHL.

I was hoping there might be an online version to watch. ESPN do have online subscriptions channels, but they only talk about NHL and American football.

Does anyone know if this new channel is available online?.

Sylar
05-08-2009, 10:13 PM

It was originally the case, but ESPN are sticking with this now:

STATEMENT FROM ESPN AMERICA
We are pleased to announce that ESPN America will continue to broadcast in the UK. Therefore, you can continue to watch and enjoy the unrivalled live coverage and sports action from North America 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on ESPN America.

ESPN America will be available in the UK via both Sky and Virgin Media along with our other sports channels – ESPN (from 3rd August) and ESPN Classic.