PDA

View Full Version : McEwan Fraser Quiz Night At ER Tonight

Mikey
04-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Well done to all who took part in the quiz tonight at Easter Road. Thanks to Scott Fraser and Anna Devine for putting on such a well organised evening.

Hibs.net scored 43 out of 64, putting us about 6th or 7th I think. Spammy can confirm as he has the scores on the doors! It was won by the East Lothian Supporter's Club.

Looking forward to next year's already :cool2:

hibee_nation
04-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Shocking result, sack the manager. :thumbsup:

Mikey
04-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Shocking result, sack the manager. :thumbsup:

The manager didn't know how many goals he scored for Hibs :greengrin

Anyone who wasn't there want to hazard a guess??

iwasthere1972
04-08-2009, 09:30 PM

What Hibs book are you putting up for a prize?

I'll say 8 but I ain't got a scooby really.

Mikey
04-08-2009, 09:32 PM
What Hibs book are you putting up for a prize?

I'll say 8 but I ain't got a scooby really.

Erm.... no prize, just a bit of fun.

No, it wasn't 8 :greengrin

db03
04-08-2009, 09:33 PM
tonight was a really good night well done to all involved :thumbsup:

DaveF
04-08-2009, 09:35 PM
I didn't hear Scott mention how many points East Lothian got as a winning score, but I reckon we came joint 4th, alongside Sauzee's Front Teeth with 43 points.

The Bounce got 41 :greengrin (Sorry Jamie, Bobby, but we had to mention that!)

mim
04-08-2009, 09:44 PM

4?

BroxburnHibee
04-08-2009, 09:45 PM
4?

Googled :agree:

:wink:

Mikey
04-08-2009, 09:45 PM
4?

Correct.

That's what I said too. Unfortunately I was overruled :grr:

:greengrin

Hughes thought he had scored 6 :faf:

DaveF
04-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Answer of the night (apart from my Brian Laws one :greengrin) was Mikey picking out the correct time of the 1st Hibs goal in the 0-7 humping of the Yams.

Anyone know the answer to that one?

PC Stamp
04-08-2009, 09:54 PM
I didn't hear Scott mention how many points East Lothian got as a winning score, but I reckon we came joint 4th, alongside Sauzee's Front Teeth with 43 points.

I think it was 47 points they got Dave.

Purple & Green
04-08-2009, 09:57 PM

Good to catch up with you Dave, Mikey & JC - I think we got absolutely scubbed on the golf and horse racing questions.

Our score wasn't helped when we got questions right - like who did Garry O' Connor make his Scotland debut against - only for an ex hibs.net admin to mark it as wrong. Well done all the same :agree:

There's always next year - although I think about 20 teams scored between 40 and 46 - it was pretty competitive :)

BroxburnHibee
04-08-2009, 10:01 PM
It was a great laugh - certainly hope they do it again.

BTW Mikey for that 7-0 question alone :top marks

PC Stamp
04-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Good to catch up with you Dave, Mikey & JC - I think we got absolutely scubbed on the golf and horse racing questions.

Our score wasn't helped when we got questions right - like who did Garry O' Connor make his Scotland debut against - only for an ex hibs.net admin to mark it as wrong. Well done all the same :agree:

There's always next year - although I think about 20 teams scored between 40 and 46 - it was pretty competitive :)

Which bounder was that?

DaveF
04-08-2009, 10:02 PM

:faf: Good to see Cliff staying loyal :faf:

Really enjoyed it and will out to retain our crown next year :greengrin

PC Stamp
04-08-2009, 10:03 PM
:faf: Good to see Cliff staying loyal :faf:

Really enjoyed it and will out to retain our crown next year :greengrin

Marking was nothing to do with me gents. The two McEwan Fraser chaps to my right were the official markers/scorers.

BroxburnHibee
04-08-2009, 10:03 PM

I hope your no hinting at a wee bit off corruption :greengrin:wink:

:gun:

Mikey
04-08-2009, 10:04 PM

Which bounder was that?

That's me sorted the extra year on your Private Membership as agreed Stampy :tee hee:

:duck:

Purple & Green
04-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Which bounder was that?

Ahem, well.

Top marks to you and Scott Fraser, Cliff - it was a superb night.

BenjiOscar
04-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Yep, was a really good evening. Unfortunately the Robbies Bar Team were floundering in mid-table obscurity with 38 points.

Can't believe we never got the name of that Scottish canoeist!

PC Stamp
04-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Ahem, well.

Top marks to you and Scott Fraser, Cliff - it was a superb night.

It was a great night. Great to see everyone taking part competitively but also in a great spirit. Nice also to see an evening organised for the grass roots fans from places like the supporters clubs and the websites as opposed to the high brow corporate events which too often seem to be the norm. I think Scott was delighted with how it went and has every intention of repeating it again next year.

And honest injun ... I had nowt to do with the marking!

BenjiOscar
04-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Scott was hoping to have another event before the end of the season and I'm sure there would be plenty of takers for that. Fourteen teams were on the reserve list for tonight!

Brooster
05-08-2009, 07:22 AM

Was a good night and thanks very much to everyone who was involved in organising things.

Scott didn't actually mention how many points we ended up with but I reckon we got 47.

Darth Hibbie
05-08-2009, 07:51 AM
It was a great night. Great to see everyone taking part competitively but also in a great spirit. Nice also to see an evening organised for the grass roots fans from places like the supporters clubs and the websites as opposed to the high brow corporate events which too often seem to be the norm. I think Scott was delighted with how it went and has every intention of repeating it again next year.

:top marks

Really enjoyed myself. You can count me in for next time :greengrin Unless of course I am sacked for being rubbish:greengrin

Moody D
05-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Any players turn up?

Brooster
05-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Any players turn up?

Yes, the players entered a team: Hogg, Nish, Murray, Moyes, JJ and Stack. Yogi also had a team.

PC Stamp
05-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Yes, the players entered a team: Hogg, Nish, Murray, Moyes, JJ and Stack. Yogi also had a team.

Ian Murray was actually playing for another team. I'm sure he'd wish to disassociate himself from the player's team on this occasion! :faf:

Thecat23
05-08-2009, 08:28 AM

I'm sure they finished with the same points as us? 25.5 :faf:

Really good night though look forward to next year. :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
05-08-2009, 11:59 AM

Was that Stack with the man bag thingy? :greengrin

Thecat23
05-08-2009, 12:47 PM

It was, and i bet not one person in the place would slag him about it!! :greengrin

Mikey
05-08-2009, 12:56 PM

It was, and i bet not one person in the place would slag him about it!! :greengrin

Was he the boy in the flat cap? Were those his whippets tied up outside?

Thecat23
05-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Was he the boy in the flat cap? Were those his whippets tied up outside?

:faf:

cappoquinboy
05-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback on the Quiz Night guys.
I think everyone (including myself) enjoyed it and we will certainly be looking to arrange another one either towards the end of the season or the beginning of next.
Was great to see both the players and management really getting involved too.
For the record the full scores were as follows . . . .

East Lothian Supporters Club 46pts - Winners
The Infamous Five 44.5pts - Runners Up
Bring Back Boozy 44pts
The 3 G's 44pts
Hibs.net 43pts
Kennedy, Kennedy, Kennedy, Kennedy - Schwing Badda (!!??!!) 42pts
The Hibernian Supprters Club (Team 2) 42pts
Hibees Bounce 41pts
Team Whelahan 41pts
The Hibernian Supporters Club (Team 1) 40.5pts
Yogi's Bears 40pts
Joe Tortolano's Dancing Shrews 40pts