PDA

View Full Version : Benji Back At Hibs (from 2009)

silverhibee
04-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Was told today that Benji was back at Hibs training ground today.

Barney McGrew
04-08-2009, 04:25 PM

Oh joy :rolleyes:

Sergey
04-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Just in time for his annual 4 week sabbatical.

Ozyhibby
04-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Even a half-fit, disinterested Benji would have been better than Colin Nish last week. Lets just wait and see what happens.

JimBHibees
04-08-2009, 04:36 PM

Was he training? If so, good as we arent well enough off to be knocking back quality players.

forthhibby
04-08-2009, 04:37 PM
yogi sounded really pissed off with benji, so if he manages to convince yogi to give him another chance, think the rest of us should follow suit.

welcome back benji

PISTOL1875
04-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Welcome back Benji.. We now have the right manager to get him back to his best.....

mentalhibee
04-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Hope this is true, we're short of options upfront. Even if Benji is back i'd still like us to sign another striker. He better get his head down and work!

iwasthere1972
04-08-2009, 04:41 PM

Any mention of the hepatitis?

Golden Bear
04-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Time will tell but I have my doubts.

Seems to me he's only come back because he has no other options open to him.

Barney McGrew
04-08-2009, 04:46 PM

:agree:

KeithTheHibby
04-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Even a half-fit, disinterested Benji would have been better than Colin Nish last week. Lets just wait and see what happens.

I have to agree unfortunately.

Broken Gnome
04-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Still a striker miles ahead of what we could actually afford to buy....

I'm willing to totally drop my standards of professionalism and loyalty for now.

ancienthibby
04-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Time will tell but I have my doubts.

And that's when you very often produce your best!!

Happens in all walks of life!:agree:

Jack
04-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Ah! Just in time for Ramadan; 21st of August, 2009 to 19th of September, 2009 :rolleyes:

flash
04-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Quite simple for me. If he is picked by John Hughes he gets my full backing as long as he is putting it in.

If we can tolerate some of our other players' antics then i am sure we are all big enough to welcome Benji back into the Hibernian family.

PeterboroHibee
04-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Still a striker miles ahead of what we could actually afford to buy....

I'm willing to totally drop my standards of professionalism and loyalty for now.

Really cant agree. The guy is an ********, clearly thinks we are there as a last resort, and has tried nearly everything he can to get out of the club so hope I never see him in a Hibs shirt again.

And tbh, he may have the ability but he doesnt have the drive or the respect for the club to reach his potential; too many huffs etc, really not good enough. The last few years have been a joke concerning him.

Would much rather have players like Nish than someone like Benji.

GloryGlory
Ah! Just in time for Ramadan; 21st of August, 2009 to 19th of September, 2009 :rolleyes:

:agree: Having also missed 4 weeks of pre-season training. So should be fit by about February next year then!

livi hibbee 187
:thumbsup:just want to know if this is def true or just a rumour:thumbsup:

Cod Boy
04-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Really cant agree. The guy is an ********, clearly thinks we are there as a last resort, and has tried nearly everything he can to get out of the club so hope I never see him in a Hibs shirt again.

And tbh, he may have the ability but he doesnt have the drive or the respect for the club to reach his potential; too many huffs etc, really not good enough. The last few years have been a joke concerning him.

well said

Broken Gnome
04-08-2009, 05:30 PM

On the 50/50 or 40/60 chance that Colin Nish is rank rotten, then I'd rather have Benji filling in.

PeterboroHibee
04-08-2009, 05:36 PM
At least you know Nish is always going to try for the team, he may have off games but usually gives 100%.

Benji isnt even here half the time and rarely gives his all.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2009, 05:36 PM
He quite clearly does not want to be anywhere near easter road, and with ramadan coming up, this is the last thing we need, another unhappy unfit footballer drawing a wage.:grr:

Greenblood70
04-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Unfortunately the reality is he might still be worth a few quid in the long run to us so as much as I would like to see him punted as far as possible it aint gonna happen.

Feel a bit sorry for Hughes over this, I didn't get the impression he has any time for wasters lke Benji.

Clock is aleady ticking on his next tantrum..the toys will be out the pram before long no doubt.

Wilson
04-08-2009, 05:43 PM
It shows how small time we are. If we had any self respect he wouldn't be anywhere near the club after the way he has acted - and certainly not in time to be wet nursed through ramadan. What a joke.

livi hibbee 187
04-08-2009, 05:44 PM
does anyone else know if this is deff true the guy has been a total ass but dont want to get in a panic if is alot of piss:jamboak:

half.time.draw.
04-08-2009, 05:51 PM
I will support any player who plays for Hibs, however I might have a wee moan if they are of the Quality of AOB.:agree:

Judas Iscariot
04-08-2009, 05:57 PM
does anyone else know if this is deff true the guy has been a total ass but dont want to get in a panic if is alot of piss:jamboak:

Defo true :agree:

ancient hibee
04-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Came to get his boots or was it books?

PeterboroHibee
04-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I will support any player who plays for Hibs, however I might have a wee moan if they are of the Quality of AOB.:agree:

Even one who has shown as much disrespect to the club as Benji has?

Elephant Stone
04-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Even one who has shown as much disrespect to the club as Benji has?

I think his 'disrespect' is well exagerated. He chose to sign for Al Ahly after being pretty much unwanted of late and being loaned out; whats wrong with that?

WindyMiller
04-08-2009, 06:25 PM

Did someone call you on their CELL-phone?

bingo70
04-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Just saw Benji and Zemmama at the top of leith walk so he's definately back in the country, dunno if he was training or not but happy to take the OP's word for it.

I'm a bit bored by the whole affair to be honest, if he comes back, he won't be right back into the first team as apart from anything else he's way behind in his pre-season so if he's going to get anywhere near the first team he'll have to prove himself in the reserves first, if he does this then that indicates his attitude may have improved.

There's been a few mentioned ramadan though, there's thousands of muslim footballers throughout the world that are completely unaffected by this and i'm sure it'll be no different for him and Zemmama, the only time it was a problem was when JC made it one. (ive always been a defender of JC but this one made no sense to me)

Also find it quite funny that so many are willing to get benji tae **** because he's got a bad attitude yet a lot of the same people are happy to tolerate Riordans equally huffy attitude on the park and unprofessional behaviour off it.

PeterboroHibee
04-08-2009, 06:28 PM
I think his 'disrespect' is well exagerated. He chose to sign for Al Ahly after being pretty much unwanted of late and being loaned out; whats wrong with that?

Didnt Yogi say he wanted Benji back, that he was looking forward to working with him etc... Then we get pictures of Benji trying to sort out a deal with another club, without the clubs permission?

Along with everything else dont think thats very respectful to the club. Also, he was loaned out because of his attitude towards Mixu and the stuff he said in the papers no?

Elephant Stone
04-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Didnt Yogi say he wanted Benji back, that he was looking forward to working with him etc... Then we get pictures of Benji trying to sort out a deal with another club, without the clubs permission?

Along with everything else dont think thats very respectful to the club. Also, he was loaned out because of his attitude towards Mixu and the stuff he said in the papers no?

Are you sure Yogi did say he wanted to work with Benji? If so, I can appreciate that some might be a bit upset with him. I can understand that Benji might have a bit of distaste to Hibs though after being shipped out for ages and it does make sense that he would want to give it a go somewhere else, especially with quite a few strikers being at Hibs already.

With his attitude to Mixu, it's never nice to see a player moaning about the club in the paper but I think that a lot of Hibs fans held Mixu in similar regard.

I'd rather be going into the season with Benji in the squad than with Benji not in the squad.

The_Sauz
04-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Just saw Benji and Zemmama at the top of leith walk so he's definately back in the country, dunno if he was training or not but happy to take the OP's word for it.

I'm a bit bored by the whole affair to be honest, if he comes back, he won't be right back into the first team as apart from anything else he's way behind in his pre-season so if he's going to get anywhere near the first team he'll have to prove himself in the reserves first, if he does this then that indicates his attitude may have improved.

There's been a few mentioned ramadan though, there's thousands of muslim footballers throughout the world that are completely unaffected by this and i'm sure it'll be no different for him and Zemmama, the only time it was a problem was when JC made it one. (ive always been a defender of JC but this one made no sense to me)

Also find it quite funny that so many are willing to get benji tae **** because he's got a bad attitude yet a lot of the same people are happy to tolerate Riordans equally huffy attitude on the park and unprofessional behaviour off it.

:top marks

Spike Mandela
04-08-2009, 06:48 PM
As long as he doesn't lead Zemamma astray. Zoumma is an important player for us this year.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Time for RP to tell him to GTF and never ever come back. I would think that both Byrne and Galbraith would be mightily pizzedaff if Benji makes the starting 11 or the bench.

ski1875
04-08-2009, 06:56 PM

I must say i have to agree. we just let him do what he wants, then when all fails he comes crawlin back. however like yogi said we all make mistakes and evry1 deserves a second chance, so we should just wait and see how hard he works and how commited he is.

:lolyam:

cad
04-08-2009, 07:08 PM
The saga continues .
TBH after watching Saturdays game ,I dont think he would have to do to much to get the nod up front ,hsitty as it may be .
Him getting fouled, Deek and Zoomer free-kicks goals goals goals .
Yogi wants to succeed hes no going to get faffed about ,but Benji is the talent that could just swing 3rd place for us ,I think a very understanding statement will come from John Hughes publicly ,privately I dont think Benji wants to go there .:wink:

iwasthere1972
04-08-2009, 07:11 PM

I've already posted my views on DR's latest involvement with the police and do think it's about time he grew up and started to realise his potential before it's too late.

I can only guess the tolerance level from fans regarding Deeks and Benji is that the latter is weeks late in arriving back in Edinburgh after apparently having passport/visa issues. Add that to his on/off signing for Ali's Cave (or whatever they are called) and then the hepatitis claim and you can see why lots of netters don't want Benji back. It's pretty apparent that he didn't want to come back to Hibs but has had to as he couldn't engineer a move away. Deeks on the otherhand is playing, scoring for us and an important member of the squad. Because of this the backlash is not coming from all corners.

Should Benji manage to get himself fit and start to repay the wages that Hibs have been shelling out to him then some fans may start to forgive him for his actions lately. Good performances and goals work wonders. I hope he can do it.

Well that's my tuppence worth.

sahib
04-08-2009, 07:15 PM
I think Yogi will scare the proverbials out of Benji. He has been used to uncle Tony, the aloof Mixu and "I can speak french,you can be my only pals", Collins.

stubru59
04-08-2009, 07:16 PM
In order for Benji to fulfil his end of an employment contract he needs to turn up and make himself available for selection.

He will need to do other things like participate in training and generally display the right attitude.

What happens beyond that is anyone's guess.

Franck Stanton

Have to agree with this post, Benji has treated the Club/Supporters with a total lack of respect and should never wear the jersey again, anyway, alough he was/is a good player he isn't THAT good so, bye-bye Benji.:bye:

bingo70
I've already posted my views on DR's latest involvement with the police and do think it's about time he grew up and started to realise his potential before it's too late.

I can only guess the tolerance level from fans regarding Deeks and Benji is that the latter is weeks late in arriving back in Edinburgh after apparently having passport/visa issues. Add that to his on/off signing for Ali's Cave (or whatever they are called) and then the hepatitis claim and you can see why lots of netters don't want Benji back. It's pretty apparent that he didn't want to come back to Hibs but has had to as he couldn't engineer a move away. Deeks on the otherhand is playing, scoring for us and an important member of the squad. Because of this the backlash is not coming from all corners.

Should Benji manage to get himself fit and start to repay the wages that Hibs have been shelling out to him then some fans may start to forgive him for his actions lately. Good performances and goals work wonders. I hope he can do it.

Well that's my tuppence worth.

Absolutely agree, and i think that's all he could possibly ask for. All i'm saying is that if he does come back and works hard he should be given the same chance as other players.

oconnors_strip
04-08-2009, 07:20 PM
well benji will be at the training centre this week working on his fitness and some match practice with the players who didnt travel to england. i hope he works on his attitude aswell.

CRAZYHIBBY
04-08-2009, 08:01 PM
is he actually back or is everyone jumping the gun:confused:??

ScottB
04-08-2009, 08:04 PM
We've welcomed back other players in recent years who turned their backs on the club, and others who have dragged the clubs name through the mud with their off field behaviour...

IF Benji screws the nut, is fit, plays well and doesn't moan I will give him another chance, but that chance must be earned, anymore nonsense and I'd hope the club would bin his contract.

surreyhibbie
04-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Can't see it myself, but if he keeps his head down and does the business, at least we might get some money for him. OR he could go on to become a Legend!!!

supershotmo
04-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Defo true :agree:

Some hols you are having Fentos.

On this site 24/7

GRANTON_HIBS
04-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Did anybody other than me think that on Saturday Nish contributed zero to the team, yet again. In my opinion we are are starved of players with ability and if we have one on the books and he's in a huff then he plays in a huff.
Nish out Benji in for me, a no-brainer.:bye:Colin, mind the door behind you on the way out.

erin go bragh
04-08-2009, 08:59 PM
:top marksthe guy has quality something that we dont have alot of at the moment

iwasthere1972
04-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Did anybody other than me think that on Saturday Nish contributed zero to the team, yet again. In my opinion we are are starved of players with ability and if we have one on the books and he's in a huff then he plays in a huff.
Nish out Benji in for me, a no-brainer.:bye:Colin, mind the door behind you on the way out.

Still managed 12 goals last season. With the strikeforce we have at our disposal right now we can't afford to lose another striker, especially one who is capable of getting into double figures.

erin go bragh
04-08-2009, 09:05 PM

cup final peach with the right foot then peach with the left {when was the last time a hibs player [or any player]done that in a cup final

PeterboroHibee
04-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Still managed 12 goals last season. With the strikeforce we have at our disposal right now we can't afford to lose another striker, especially one who is capable of getting into double figures.

Yeah in Benjis 1 good season with us he managed 14 goals, over a season Nish should get around that; people are too critical of him at times imo.

I really dont understand why people are so desperate for Benji to be back; he clearly tried as hard as he could not to come back yet we are all for giving him a second chance :confused:? Hes not even that good a player, 16 goals in 69 games and hes likely to be out for a while at the start of the season due to Ramadan...

erin go bragh
04-08-2009, 09:11 PM

what he said about mixu and the hoofball was spot on no

iwasthere1972
04-08-2009, 09:13 PM
cup final peach with the right foot then peach with the left {when was the last time a hibs player [or any player]done that in a cup final

Can't really be the basis for him commanding a first team place. If he works hard, gets his head down and realises that Real Madrid are not interested in him then he may have a chance of redeeming himself to club and fans.

Benji thanks for the cup final (and semi final at Tynie) memories hope you can repeat them soon.

Judas Iscariot
04-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Some hols you are having Fentos.

On this site 24/7

And in your sister, so?

iPhone keeps you logged in pal!

PeterboroHibee
04-08-2009, 09:14 PM
what he said about mixu and the hoofball was spot on no

It was true but a player shouldnt be slagging the manager off in the papers.

Jim44
04-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Yeah in Benjis 1 good season with us he managed 14 goals, over a season Nish should get around that; people are too critical of him at times imo.

I really dont understand why people are so desperate for Benji to be back; he clearly tried as hard as he could not to come back yet we are all for giving him a second chance :confused:? Hes not even that good a player, 16 goals in 69 games and hes likely to be out for a while at the start of the season due to Ramadan...

To be fair, half of these games were as substitute. But I agree with you that Benji is grossly overrated and if he somehow worms his way back into the team I'll be amazed if he doesn't let us down.

bingo70
04-08-2009, 09:17 PM

why will that effect him? it doesn't effect any other muslim player.

IMO Nish benefited a lot from Fletchers ability last season, i know his stats say he's effective, however if we're playing with one up front through the centre with Deeks and Zemmama coming in from wide positions, then that person needs to be able to hold the ball up, have the ability to bring other players into the game and preferrably have a bit of pace to get in behind defences. Realistically on our budget we're not going to get a forward that does all of those things, however none of those attributes could you associate with Nish.

That said, if he's playing with a good player up front, he does know where the back of the net is so he's definately worth keeping as part of the squad, i just don't want us to be relying on him as our main striker.

PeterboroHibee
04-08-2009, 09:19 PM
why will that effect him? it doesn't effect any other muslim player.

I dont know, it affected him last he was here though. He was out for a while and it took him ages to get back to fitness.

bingo70
04-08-2009, 09:22 PM
I dont know, it affected him last he was here though. He was out for a while and it took him ages to get back to fitness.

That was down to JC, Benji and Zemmama both said at the time that they could train and play throughout ramadan.

jiggerman
04-08-2009, 09:24 PM
I think the slagging of Nish is ignorant im afraid.

Like it has already been alluded to - Nish got into double figures last season and will do so much more for the team than Benji ever would.

How would benji contribute more? I would be interested to so if anyone doesnt say 'he will score more goals' - I honestly dont htink he would score that many more. Too inconsistent, disinterested and lazy. I know who I want up front away to Hamilton mid-winter.

J

iwasthere1972
04-08-2009, 09:25 PM
That was down to JC, Benji and Zemmama both said at the time that they could train and play throughout ramadan.

IIRC Zemmama trained and played through Ramadan but Benji didn't. Doesn't sound right to be honest. Why one and not the other? I know they're not joined at the hip but strange nonetheless.

down-the-slope
04-08-2009, 09:26 PM

Could be a quote for Riorden :rolleyes:

bingo70
04-08-2009, 09:28 PM
I think the slagging of Nish is ignorant im afraid.

Like it has already been alluded to - Nish got into double figures last season and will do so much more for the team than Benji ever would.

How would benji contribute more? I would be interested to so if anyone doesnt say 'he will score more goals' - I honestly dont htink he would score that many more. Too inconsistent, disinterested and lazy. I know who I want up front away to Hamilton mid-winter.

J

Surely it's just a difference of an opinion rather than ignorance?

Maybe people just feel that an on-form Benji is a better player than Nish, whether Benji would ever actually be on form is a different matter but i'd say that if Hughes works with him in training and felt he could get the best out of him then there might be a chance.

I don't want to be relying on either of them though, we need someone else brought in IMO.

bingo70
04-08-2009, 09:32 PM
IIRC Zemmama trained and played through Ramadan but Benji didn't. Doesn't sound right to be honest. Why one and not the other? I know they're not joined at the hip but strange nonetheless.

Remember speaking to a morrocan guy at the time of that, i asked why that was and he said........"Ah but Benji has always been a fat lazy *******" :greengrin

IIRC Zemmama started off ramadan the same as Benji but after a couple of weeks Zemmama forced his way into the team, could be wrong with that though.

sauzee_4
04-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Is it not just common sense that it's difficult to play during Ramadan, atleast to your potential?

You don't eat all day, how you supposed to perform as a professional athlete?

hibsdaft
04-08-2009, 09:49 PM
I think Yogi will scare the proverbials out of Benji. He has been used to uncle Tony, the aloof Mixu and "I can speak french,you can be my only pals", Collins.

lol

i'll trust Yogi on this, he respects and nurtures talent but he doesn't suffer fools gladly. as you've suggested previous managers haven't been able to do both. being around the players 6 days a week he'll make the right call imo and i'll support him however he chooses to play this.

jgl07
04-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Stephen Fletcher?

Only joking!

iwasthere1972
04-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Is it not just common sense that it's difficult to play during Ramadan, atleast to your potential?

I don't think that's strictly true. I believe that there are times when they are allowed food but I am no Ramadan expert. I expect one will be along soon. :wink:

heretoday
04-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Just get on the pitch and knock in a couple of goals Benji! They'll love you forever!

sevenil
04-08-2009, 10:44 PM
He clearly wants to be somewhere else, why waste any more money or time on him - it's not as if he's Denis Law or something.
Ship him out, find someone who's not high maintenance and interested in actually playing.

passionatehibby
05-08-2009, 01:28 AM

:top marksHere,here :agree:

jgl07
05-08-2009, 01:57 AM
I don't think that's strictly true. I believe that there are times when they are allowed food but I am no Ramadan expert. I expect one will be along soon. :wink:
It is during the hours of daylight only.

They can eat and drink after dark.

GreenCastle
05-08-2009, 02:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

When he's in the mood he's one of the best in the league.

If he comes back and gets his head sorted and starts playing -

1. He will help the team progress up the league

2 We may get more money than we were before for him if we are going to sell him.

Beefster
05-08-2009, 05:01 AM

Yaya Toure, Abidal, Benzema, Kanoute, Ribery and many more manage it without major problems, as far as I'm aware.

PaulSmith
05-08-2009, 05:50 AM
Back to do a 'Bobo Balde'?

RIP
05-08-2009, 06:49 AM
Maybe he's been asked back by Rod so he can play in the 'shop window' games against Blackburn and Bolton :devil:

Moulin Yarns
05-08-2009, 06:52 AM
When Benji went on loan, was he not also told he was free to find another club? In which case the his dealings with the Egyptian club were above board, although out of courtesy he should have kept Hibs informed.

I'd like to see him back playing (with the right attitude) but if he doesn't want to play release him 'by mutual consent'

Steve-O
05-08-2009, 06:59 AM

Did he actually participate in this during his first season? I don't actually recall it even being an issue until Collins came along :confused:

hibsbollah
05-08-2009, 07:04 AM
Burn the witch:yawn:

RIP
05-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Benji back at Hibs - best news I've had since Zouma returned

" I don't give a hoot what he does off the park as long as he does the business on it" :cool2:

Jack
05-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Did he actually participate in this during his first season? I don't actually recall it even being an issue until Collins came along :confused:

That’s my recollection too but it did have a big effect.

mjhibby
05-08-2009, 08:01 AM

" I don't give a hoot what he does off the park as long as he does the business on it" :cool2:

Im sure that as with a lot of stories in the press a lot of what has been written is either stretching the truth or not entirely true to put it mildly.The fact that zemmamma stated he had spoken to benji last week and said that benji was unsure about his future seems to me to be saying that mixu probably did ask him to find another club and that benji thought that was the way it still stood.Benji himself said that he was under the impression that hibs were wanting a fee for him and if they were able to get £400,000 for him i dont think mouser would be saying no,in fact he would have taken in in a flash.Remember under collins and mixu benji has had problems(of his own making)so he would seem to have accepted that moving on would be best for all concerned.
It still remains to be seen whether benji will pull on the green again but as he is probably well behind in fitness he will be a while anyway.I would hope that if he does he gets the backing of the fans because if he is booed regularly his performance will drop and he will be no use to anybody.Yes he has attitude problems.Yes he behaves like a wee kid but unlike deek we dont forgive him.Just remember the cup final and the goals against aberdeen in the cup.If he can get near that form we have a very exciting partnership of deek and benji with young byrne pushing them all the way as the season progresses.
I hope benji does return and i for one will feel a lot better about the season ahead if he is at hibs rather than away to another club.Rant over.

Leith Green
05-08-2009, 10:52 AM

I agree with your point, however after seeing the way Hughes sets up his team and after watching Hibs on Saturday then I would rather have Benji than Nish.

Nish just cannot hold the ball in and bring others into play, he has no strength whatsoever.. Benji is pretty strong and will link up well with Riordan and Zemamma ...

Hibs90
05-08-2009, 11:24 AM
I agree with your point, however after seeing the way Hughes sets up his team and after watching Hibs on Saturday then I would rather have Benji than Nish.

Nish just cannot hold the ball in and bring others into play, he has no strength whatsoever.. Benji is pretty strong and will link up well with Riordan and Zemamma ...

I actually agree with this, but only a Benji that is determined to play well. Otherwise he can **** off.

Leith Green
05-08-2009, 11:55 AM
I actually agree with this, but only a Benji that is determined to play well. Otherwise he can **** off.

For sure mate, only if he is willing to commit to giving his all in training and matches should he be considered..

However if this does happen then he would breeze into the team ahead of Nish, as he is the only striker we have who I would consider as being capable of playing as a lone striker, by this I mean, holding up the ball, linking play with att midfielders, and also being able to score from close and long range..

For all of Nish's hard work and effort, I dont see him as being anywhere near a lone striker or ever being deployed successfully as one..

Think the best for Benji and Hibs would be for him to give his all this season,and then an ammicable parting of the ways next summer, and this gives Hughes almost a year to identify his own man to bring into what for me is the most important role in the team when playing this formation..

Could concentrate our efforts into bringing the commanding centre half that we all know is required this summer..

hibs1875aye
05-08-2009, 11:55 AM

The trouble with him is, he didn't/doesn't always do the business on the pitch either. Taking huffs on the pitch isn't good form. It's embarassing when your own team mates tell you to get up and stop your diving pish.

I remember Big Jones on more than 1 occassion telling him to get to his feet and him taking the huff and stropping about it.

If he comes back and scores and stops his crap, he'll be welcomed. If he does anything else, he can piss off as far as I am concerned. We dont have the capacity to pay the wages of huffy big heads who treat us with little respect off the pitch and don't necessarily always perform to their best on it.:agree:

HFC07
05-08-2009, 11:58 AM
The trouble with him is, he didn't/doesn't always do the business on the pitch either. Taking huffs on the pitch isn't good form. It's embarassing when your own team mates tell you to get up and stop your diving pish.

I remember Big Jones on more than 1 occassion telling him to get to his feet and him taking the huff and stropping about it.

If he comes back and scores and stops his crap, he'll be welcomed. If he does anything else, he can piss off as far as I am concerned. We dont have the capacity to pay the wages of huffy big heads who treat us with little respect off the pitch and don't necessarily always perform to their best on it.:agree:

I agree, if he quits his huffing on his day could be a good asset to hibs. Time will tell

basehibby
05-08-2009, 11:58 AM

Am I the only one that's wondering whether the Hepatitis rumour and Benji's Ramadan noshows and subsequent "laziness" might be connected???

Conjecture of course as the H thing is no more than a rumour but it might explain a few things. Hope Hibs are doing the blood tests etc to see if he's over it.

Anyway - the past is in the past - if Benji shows willing and Hughes selects him then I'll be watching with great interest and HOPE that he shows the sort of form he's capable of - if we're getting the full package then it's a definate welcome back Benji from me :agree:

Andy74
05-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Can anyone list all of Benji's misdemeanours for me please?

And maybe all those games where he clearly wasn't giving a toss and performed poorly?

I'd just like to be on the same page as everyone else. Thanks.

3pm
05-08-2009, 12:05 PM

And maybe all those games where he clearly wasn't giving a toss and performed poorly?

There are none. This nonsense all began after the Gareth Evans episode - some might say that was a big deal, I wouldn't.

Bring him back.

HibeeSince82
05-08-2009, 12:20 PM
If he comes back, gets his head down and works hard for the team i wont have a problem with him back in the team.

Im sure he could score some important goals and win us matches.....if hes in the right frame of mind

PeterboroHibee
05-08-2009, 12:23 PM

But is there any evidence to suggest that he is going to come back and give his all; whether he feels he has been pushed out of the club or just doesnt want to be here anymore, he has tried to create a deal with another club, which doesnt suggest to me that he wants to be at Hibs, and thus I doubt hes going to give everything.

I might be wrong but in Yogis first interviews, did he not say he was looking forward to getting both Zemmama and Benji back to work with, and the fact he was so annoyed with Benji in one of the latest interviews suggests to me that Benji was in the wrong, despite what some people are saying.

He may have ability, but its his attitude that lets him down, and why I wouldnt see him as a huge loss.

wee 162
05-08-2009, 12:26 PM

Including when he pulled his calf muscle at Parkhead and was pulled to his feet by Jones iirc.

God Petrie
05-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Including when he pulled his calf muscle at Parkhead and was pulled to his feet by Jones iirc.

One of many reasons why Jones was a poor captain. Good player but terrible attitude.

basehibby
05-08-2009, 01:22 PM
There are none. This nonsense all began after the Gareth Evans episode - some might say that was a big deal, I wouldn't.

Bring him back.

Nonsense! There were plenty games I attended where Benji didn't seem to be trying a leg and would just stand there moaning if the ball wasn't played straight to his feet - during this period his return in front of goal was proportionate to the effort he put in - ie very poor.

On top of this there was the 3 month ramadan lay off (which admittedly may have had more to it) and the come and get me Real Madrid/Smeltic quotes any time he put in a good bit of form.

So to say that there were no misdemeanors and that the fans are all imagining it is garbage IMO.

That said I'm all for giving him a chance, but he'd better be prepared to try a leg as the support will have very little patience for him this time round.

Holmesdale Hibs
05-08-2009, 01:45 PM
I'll welcome him back when he shows us some enthusiasm and starts playing well - its been a while since we've seen either of those. Until then, I'd rather have a commited Colin Nish. Benji definitely has the quality to be Hibs class but we're right to be a bit sceptical.

sadtom
05-08-2009, 01:47 PM

There is no doubt that Benjis effort dropped after the cis final he thought he was better than Hibs and that his cup final performance entitled him to a 'big' move.

Despite having special arrangements put in place for his religious observance and being allowed to observe ramadan, which JC felt left him unfit to perform to 100%. (which i appreciate was JC's call) the club were also sympathetic to his problems when his dad died and his marrage breakup.
However, he then became injured and was out for several weeks, failing to return from his homeland (on more than one occasion IIRC) when requested. Then, despite direct instruction from JC that if he was not fit enough to play for his employers that he should NOT play for his country, he blatantly defied this and played, got 'injured' again and repeated the same process once again. Turning out for his country when he claimed he unable to do so for the people who were paying his wages.
Add in a number of comments (signing for R Madrid and Celtic IIRC) that appeared in the press. Of course they were 'lost in translation' (surprise surprise) and a few "i love/owe the fans/club" type comments saw him accepted back. Yet his performances did not match his pledges.
Remember this all happend before Mixu and was in total disresect of his 'friend' JC.
Then came the disgraceful incident when he accused Evans of being a racist because Evans was demanding a bit of effort.

Also despite stating the obvious that Mixu was clueless this should not be said by a player about his manager.

RickyS
05-08-2009, 02:30 PM
is he actually back or is everyone jumping the gun:confused:??

ive read through all the posts here and apart from a sighting in Leith Walk, I cant see any proof that this is actually true?

jst1875
05-08-2009, 02:32 PM
It is during the hours of daylight only.

They can eat and drink after dark.

why dont they hold ramadan in jan/feb when its only light
between 9am - 3pm .......... makes sense to me ...... :duck:

petrie get it sorted .................

Barney McGrew
05-08-2009, 02:37 PM
ive read through all the posts here and apart from a sighting in Leith Walk, I cant see any proof that this is actually true?

He is back in Edinburgh - 100% accurate

RickyS
05-08-2009, 02:41 PM
He is back in Edinburgh - 100% accurate

OK mate, thanks. has it been reported/picked up anywhere?

RIP
05-08-2009, 03:09 PM

SilverHibee was the first one to tell us Deek had been nicked - it appears he's the man in the know

RickyS
05-08-2009, 03:19 PM
SilverHibee was the first one to tell us Deek had been nicked - it appears he's the man in the know

:thumbsup:

silverhibee
05-08-2009, 04:04 PM

Whats that got to do with Benji.:confused:

snooky
05-08-2009, 06:45 PM

Source.

BTW, is this the first time on Hibs net where "Source" has been used as a statement and not a question? :hmmm:.

WindyMiller
05-08-2009, 06:55 PM
There is no doubt that Benjis effort dropped after the cis final he thought he was better than Hibs and that his cup final performance entitled him to a 'big' move.

Despite having special arrangements put in place for his religious observance and being allowed to observe ramadan, which JC felt left him unfit to perform to 100%. (which i appreciate was JC's call) the club were also sympathetic to his problems when his dad died and his marrage breakup.
However, he then became injured and was out for several weeks, failing to return from his homeland (on more than one occasion IIRC) when requested. Then, despite direct instruction from JC that if he was not fit enough to play for his employers that he should NOT play for his country, he blatantly defied this and played, got 'injured' again and repeated the same process once again. Turning out for his country when he claimed he unable to do so for the people who were paying his wages.
Add in a number of comments (signing for R Madrid and Celtic IIRC) that appeared in the press. Of course they were 'lost in translation' (surprise surprise) and a few "i love/owe the fans/club" type comments saw him accepted back. Yet his performances did not match his pledges.
Remember this all happend before Mixu and was in total disresect of his 'friend' JC.
Then came the disgraceful incident when he accused Evans of being a racist because Evans was demanding a bit of effort.

Also despite stating the obvious that Mixu was clueless this should not be said by a player about his manager.

Excellent summary mate, but I think you'll find that Andy74 didn't really want an answer.

hibsbollah
05-08-2009, 06:55 PM

Benji was allegedly at the scene. He started the pagger in the first place.:agree:

sahib
05-08-2009, 07:22 PM

Despite having special arrangements put in place for his religious observance and being allowed to observe ramadan, which JC felt left him unfit to perform to 100%.

I don't mind him observing Ramadan but I don't think he should be taking part when he is a Hibs player.

silverhibee
05-08-2009, 10:44 PM
:As i said Benji is back at Hibs, but has not started training yet, looks very thin indeed, and my source said that he does not look in the best condition and looks like he may look unwell.
I doubt Hibs fans will see Benji pull a Hibs top on again while he is at the club.
Pity as Hibs need another striker and benji could do a job for us in the
league, but i just get the feeling that he does not want to be at Hibs.:agree:
Just my opinion, i just hope i am allowed my opinion people.:agree::greengrin:hnet:.

Pedantic_Hibee
05-08-2009, 10:49 PM
:As i said Benji is back at Hibs, but has not started training yet, looks very thin indeed, and my source said that he does not look in the best condition and looks like he may look unwell.
I doubt Hibs fans will see Benji pull a Hibs top on again while he is at the club.
Pity as Hibs need another striker and benji could do a job for us in the
league, but i just get the feeling that he does not want to be at Hibs.:agree:
Just my opinion, i just hope i am allowed my opinion people.:agree::greengrin:hnet:.

Can't we just give him a McDonald's Happy Meal and a training top?

Problem sorted.

Andy74
06-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Excellent summary mate, but I think you'll find that Andy74 didn't really want an answer.

I did, but was hoping for something a bit more concrete if I'm to hate him properly.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2009, 07:47 AM
I did, but was hoping for something a bit more concrete if I'm to hate him properly.

What about this bit though andy?:confused:

Andy74
06-08-2009, 07:52 AM
What about this bit though andy?:confused:

There's a fair bit of assumption there and things stated as blatant facts when they are not.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2009, 07:56 AM
There's a fair bit of assumption there and things stated as blatant facts when they are not.

I remember collins being very angry when benji played for his country, when he couldnt play for us because of injury. And this did happen twice from my recollection.

McIntosh
06-08-2009, 07:57 AM
Suspension in terms of salary will resolve the problem in the short-term, once you stop paying players they usually remember who they play for!

Alternatively, suspension by the neck "until dead" may be a more effective solution.

oneone73
06-08-2009, 07:57 AM

Could there be something in the hepatitis story then? If so, I'm prepared to cut him plenty slack.

RIP
06-08-2009, 07:58 AM

SH - You were the first one to tell us that Benji was back as well - maybe Ricky should trust what you tell us - no?

CRAZYHIBBY
06-08-2009, 07:59 AM
its all pish:agree:

Andy74
06-08-2009, 08:00 AM
I remember collins being very angry when benji played for his country, when he couldnt play for us because of injury. And this did happen twice from my recollection.

I remember him being angry too, but at the Moroccan FA. FIFA rules meant that he was compelled to go out there for the games and be assessed by the Moroccan medical staff who ruled that he could play.

A difficult situation for Benji really when you've been ruled fit to play and they have the backing of FIFA.

Does he turn his back on his country and cause issues there?

As I recall he also felt he was fit to play at times that JC disagreed so if he felt he was okay to play for his country then that's a tricky one.

We are pretty quick to have a go at Old Firm players pulling out of international games when they could probabaly play but we've turned this one around to have a go at Benji.

sadtom
06-08-2009, 08:14 AM
I remember him being angry too, but at the Moroccan FA. FIFA rules meant that he was compelled to go out there for the games and be assessed by the Moroccan medical staff who ruled that he could play.

A difficult situation for Benji really when you've been ruled fit to play and they have the backing of FIFA.

Does he turn his back on his country and cause issues there?

As I recall he also felt he was fit to play at times that JC disagreed so if he felt he was okay to play for his country then that's a tricky one.

We are pretty quick to have a go at Old Firm players pulling out of international games when they could probabaly play but we've turned this one around to have a go at Benji.

Sorry but thats utter drivvel.
Name ONE old squirm player who had been out injured for over a month for his club and played for Scotland against the wishes of the their club. Not once but twice.

Andy74
06-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Sorry but thats utter drivvel.
Name ONE old squirm player who had been out injured for over a month for his club and played for Scotland against the wishes of the their club. Not once but twice.

That is the point I am making.

We get angry because they don't play when maybe they could have.

Neither the club nor the player have much leeway when the local medical team say the player can play.

It's a difficult situation for him and I think it's a bit harsh to use this type of thing as a reason why he shouldn't be welcome at Hibs.

hibs1875aye
06-08-2009, 11:31 AM

Neither the club nor the player have much leeway when the local medical team say the player can play.

It's a difficult situation for him and I think it's a bit harsh to use this type of thing as a reason why he shouldn't be welcome at Hibs.

Sorry mate but thats a lot of crap.

Benji could have feigned injury for his international duties. God knows he managed to try and feign injury enough times when playing for us and incidentally, rarely fooled anyone.

--------
06-08-2009, 11:59 AM

:agree: I think it's a mistake to look for consistency or reason on a football website, though.

Benji's a talented player.

We don't have too many talented players right now.

He obviously fell out big time with Collins, and Paatelainen wasn't going to win him over with wall-to-wall hoofball and foghorn bellowing from the dug-out.

But they're gone, and there's a new boss who's said publicly he wants to make the attempt to work with Benji with a view to getting him playing for us again.

Which IMO is a good thing. Regardless of what has been in the past.

As far as I can see, Benji had got himself painted into a corner. Things had been said and done which were making it very hard for him to play football for anyone. Hughes has been trying to offer him a reasonable way out of the corner. Benji needs to take Hughes at his word and knuckle down and play for the team for whom he remains a registered player.

Everything else is horsefeathers.

Sorry mate but thats a lot of crap.

Benji could have feigned injury for his international duties. God knows he managed to try and feign injury enough times when playing for us and incidentally, rarely fooled anyone.

The past is the past - another country.

The initial bust-up occurred ebtween Collins and Banji around Ramadan three years ago.

Whether Benji was injured and couldn't play, or had a minor knock and wanted to play but wasn't allowed to by Collins, or whether it was all about his religion and the fast allegedly preventing him from playing, or whether he just went right off Collins (I know I did) I don't really care.

The only questions relevant right now are (a) whether John Hughes will be allowed to make the attempt to bring Benji back into the team without a clique of 'supporters' booing him as soon as he appears, and (b) whether John Hughes will succeed in doing so.

If we can get Benji playing for us even for one season it'll be a huge positive.

Those who feel he shouldn't be 'welcome' - though I entirely fail to see the relevance of THAT question - should have the commonsense to keep quiet and wait for results. Barracking him and abusing him woiuld be just about the LEAST helpful thing they can do.

hibs1875aye
06-08-2009, 12:06 PM
:agree: I think it's a mistake to look for consistency or reason on a football website, though.

Benji's a talented player.

We don't have too many talented players right now.

He obviously fell out big time with Collins, and Paatelainen wasn't going to win him over with wall-to-wall hoofball and foghorn bellowing from the dug-out.

But they're gone, and there's a new boss who's said publicly he wants to make the attempt to work with Benji with a view to getting him playing for us again.

Which IMO is a good thing. Regardless of what has been in the past.

As far as I can see, Benji had got himself painted into a corner. Things had been said and done which were making it very hard for him to play football for anyone. Hughes has been trying to offer him a reasonable way out of the corner. Benji needs to take Hughes at his word and knuckle down and play for the team for whom he remains a registered player.

Everything else is horsefeathers.

The past is the past - another country.

The initial bust-up occurred ebtween Collins and Banji around Ramadan three years ago.

Whether Benji was injured and couldn't play, or had a minor knock and wanted to play but wasn't allowed to by Collins, or whether it was all about his religion and the fast allegedly preventing him from playing, or whether he just went right off Collins (I know I did) I don't really care.

The only questions relevant right now are (a) whether John Hughes will be allowed to make the attempt to bring Benji back into the team without a clique of 'supporters' booing him as soon as he appears, and (b) whether John Hughes will succeed in doing so.

If we can get Benji playing for us even for one season it'll be a huge positive.

Those who feel he shouldn't be 'welcome' - though I entirely fail to see the relevance of THAT question - should have the commonsense to keep quiet and wait for results. Barracking him and abusing him woiuld be just about the LEAST helpful thing they can do.

Aye mate, I would agree with a lot of what you say.

It comes down to, for me whether or not Benji turns up and puts in a shift or not. I thnk its fair to say all players will want to move on in the end if they are ambitious - I dont really have a problem with this bit. My problem is him turning up and doing bugger all but huffing and diving.

I would however, be delighted if Benji comes back, gets his backside in gear and plays the football he CAN clearly play.

--------
06-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Aye mate, I would agree with a lot of what you say.

It comes down to, for me whether or not Benji turns up and puts in a shift or not. I thnk its fair to say all players will want to move on in the end if they are ambitious - I dont really have a problem with this bit. My problem is him turning up and doing bugger all but huffing and diving.

I would however, be delighted if Benji comes back, gets his backside in gear and plays the football he CAN clearly play.

:agree: There's been so much speculation surrounding the guy.

Personally I reckong Collins' man-management 'skills' would qualify him for a Darwin Award - I suspect (no more than that) that Yogi's still having to sort out rubbish originating in some of the fallings-out that happened when Dear John was in control. (I use the term 'in control' very loosely indeed, btw,)

Benji's a registered player with us. His place is therefore at East Mains, training with the rest of our registered players. It's up to Yogi whether he's selected for match duties, and the Moroccan FA whether they want him for Morocco.

If he DOES play for us again, I agree 100% with you - I don't want to see the tantrums and petulance and falling about and diving we saw last time out.

Andy74
06-08-2009, 12:48 PM
:
If he DOES play for us again, I agree 100% with you - I don't want to see the tantrums and petulance and falling about and diving we saw last time out.

I'm assuming Ronaldo wouldn't be welcome here then?

I reckon it is being overplayed a bit, he can take the odd dive but I've seen worse! I've only also seen him being particulalry huffy in one game v Queens Park and quite frankly the whole team were a disgrace that night.

iwasthere1972
06-08-2009, 12:55 PM

I reckon it is being overplayed a bit, he can take the odd dive but I've seen worse! I've only also seen him being particulalry huffy in one game v Queens Park and quite frankly the whole team were a disgrace that night.

:agree: I've seen much worse simulation than that. It happened one Saturday night when I erm..accidentally pressed 909 on my Sky remote control instead of 101. I remember thinking Match of the Day has improved. :hilarious

--------
06-08-2009, 01:09 PM

Andy, I'm getting cheesed off witht his idea of 'welcome here', tbh.

Not getting at you - you don't do it - but there are two concepts that are really beginning to tick me off big-time.

One is the 'do a job for us' thing. Posts beginning with, 'Do you think X could do a job for us' almost always refer to some no-hope deadhead numpty has-been who just happens to have been freed by his club, Excremental Athletic, on grounds of chronic and terminal ineptitude.

The same posters who post these meanderings, oddly enough, are the same posters who complain unendingly about players we DO sign when they fall short of emulating the brilliance of the said Ronaldo. 'He's a journeyman,' they say, not realising that 'journeyman' is an apt and fitting descriptive term for a 'player who could do a job for us' - 'jobs' is what 'journeymen' do, for crying out loud.

The other one is, 'Will he be welcome?' which thanks to the boo-boys and purveyors of abuse we now have to consider. Did he play for Rangers? Not welcome. Did he play for Hearts? Not welcome. Airdrie? Not welcome. Does he have a reputation for diving? Not welcome. Did he once foolishly stay on his feet in the opposition penalty area in a Cup Final? Not welcome. Did he once mention Hibs with negative spin in an interview for the Daily Record? Not welcome. Is his Significant Other/Life-Partner a waiter called Brendan? Not welcome. I could go on. And on. And on.

The only real question should be - is he an asset to the team or not?

You're absolutely right. Benji didn't fall over nearly as often as he's made out to have - not as often, perhaps, as one St**en Fl****er used to?

And if perchance he were to take the most outrageous dive of the season to gain us the winning penalty in next year's Scottish Cup Final, it would not trouble me one little bit. Especially if the opposition were in royal blue, green-and-white hoops, or dirty maroon. NOT ONE LITTLE BIT. :devil:

JimBHibees
06-08-2009, 01:11 PM
:agree: I've seen much worse simulation than that. It happened one Saturday night when I erm..accidentally pressed 909 on my Sky remote control instead of 101. I remember thinking Match of the Day has improved. :hilarious

The 1s and the 9s are so close together right enough. :greengrin

RIP
06-08-2009, 01:49 PM

I remember a couple of incidents. In the St Johnstone Semi at SlimeCastle he deliberately fouled a guy trying to track his run into the box. Said guy ended up on his erchie leaving Benji free for a tap in roond the goalie. When Benji started to celebrate the guy barged into him in a rage

In the CIS Final a ball came in for Scotty Broon that should have been cut out by a defender. He would have done so except Benji had hooked his arm into the guys elbow. That was the near miss where Scotty ended up in the net. The ref spotted that one but didn't twig to it being so deliberate.

--------
06-08-2009, 02:05 PM
I remember a couple of incidents. In the St Johnstone Semi at SlimeCastle he deliberately fouled a guy trying to track his run into the box. Said guy ended up on his erchie leaving Benji free for a tap in roond the goalie. When Benji started to celebrate the guy barged into him in a rage

In the CIS Final a ball came in for Scotty Broon that should have been cut out by a defender. He would have done so except Benji had hooked his arm into the guys elbow. That was the near miss where Scotty ended up in the net. The ref spotted that one but didn't twig to it being so deliberate.

:confused:

Are we complaining about these?

This is football, surely? :cool2:

ahibby
06-08-2009, 02:16 PM
I for one am happy that Benji can be cute at times ( using cute as an idiom for cheating basically). I'd rather someone on our side is doing it and getting away with it than someone else getting away with it against us. Sometimes you need to have that in your locker to get through a game. Don't anyone tell me that Celtic players past and present aren't capable of it and haven't done that, because I have seen it happen against us to many times. (Just using Celtic as an example because they have been the best at cheating that I have witnessed anyway).

Andy74
06-08-2009, 02:18 PM

RIP
06-08-2009, 02:34 PM

--------
06-08-2009, 02:34 PM
I for one am happy that Benji can be cute at times ( using cute as an idiom for cheating basically). I'd rather someone on our side is doing it and getting away with it than someone else getting away with it against us. Sometimes you need to have that in your locker to get through a game. Don't anyone tell me that Celtic players past and present aren't capable of it and haven't done that, because I have seen it happen against us to many times. (Just using Celtic as an example because they have been the best at cheating that I have witnessed anyway).

Corinthian spirit, old chum. :devil:

I remember a cup-tie years ago against Aberdeen when the unspeakable Harper was banging them in for them, and we were much the underdogs.

We were leading 1-0, but under the cosh.

The Dons' right-winger broke very fast down the slope and crossed the ball hard and low for the Adipose One, who fortunately missed it.

John Blackley was tracking back very quickly, and he just managed to avoid contact with the ball.

Jim Black wasn't so lucky. The ball came off his hand and went behind the goal.

The referee, Bill Mullen, blew the whistle. Consternation. Penalty. Jim was distraught. Then we all realised that Bill M was pointing to the corner flag.

He hadn't seen the handling offence.

Now what should Jim Black have done? Gone over and owned up? Scored an own-goal deliberately to make things right?

He did what he should have done. He walked quietly and calmly to the 6-yard box to mark Lardass. Shades went to attend the near post. Sloop picked up Drew Jarvie. And the corner was defended successfully (told you it was a long time ago) and the game ended 2-0 to us.

And at one point Sloop put the Tub of Lard smack on his not inconsiderable backside - hard and painfully, I'm pleased to say - without Bill Mullen (who was an excellent referee, btw) being any the wiser.

Football as it is, was, and always will be, world without end. :devil:

Like I say, if Benji were to con a referee into giving us a brace of penalties at Hampden next May, you'll hear no complaints from the Doddster. :cool2:

MADE IN LEITH
23-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Could Benji do a turn for us now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdessalam_Benjelloun

AlbertK86
23-08-2013, 09:48 PM

Yes

Purehibee_MYB
23-08-2013, 09:49 PM

Signing for Real Madrid unfortunately :cb

Bishop Hibee
23-08-2013, 09:55 PM
What a waste of talent since he left Hibs. Unstoppable on his day. Thanks for the memories.

Bobby's Cinema
23-08-2013, 09:58 PM
I seen the thread title and post count and got overexcited

MADE IN LEITH
23-08-2013, 09:59 PM
What a waste of talent since he left Hibs. Unstoppable on his day. Thanks for the memories.

Yeh mate, the archives certainly show true talents like our Benji

MADE IN LEITH
23-08-2013, 10:00 PM
i seen the thread title and post count and got overexcited

lol

brydekirk
23-08-2013, 10:02 PM

Are u ITK or are u on the glue ?

Saorsa
23-08-2013, 10:04 PM
What a waste of talent since he left Hibs. Unstoppable on his day. Thanks for the memories.Indeed but why has he wasted it? Attitude problem? Unstoppable on his day, absolutely, unfortunately lazy, disinterested and huffy when things were not going his way. Last thing we need IMO. Imagine what he'd be like in our current set up with things going as poorly as they are.

MADE IN LEITH
23-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Are u ITK or are u on the glue ?

:wink:

Chump
23-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Indeed but why has he wasted it? Attitude problem? Unstoppable on his day, absolutely, unfortunately lazy, disinterested and huffy when things were not going his way. Last thing we need IMO. Imagine what he'd be like in our current set up with things going as poorly as they are.

really....I must have missed that game!! His goal scoring record is awful and I wouldn't want another unprofessional footballer at ER....we have enough lazy numpties without another

hibeemikey21
23-08-2013, 10:25 PM
There was one pre season when he looked electric. Scored a screamer v Bolton in a 3-0 win amongst others. Faded away about 4 games into the season. Standard.

California-Hibs
23-08-2013, 10:30 PM
I seen the thread title and post count and got overexcited

This!

MADE IN LEITH
23-08-2013, 10:32 PM
This!
and.......that

(((Fergus)))
24-08-2013, 12:19 AM
He has the number 10 shirt in a team that finished second in the top division in Morocco last season.

More interesting, though, is the fact that Mr Zemmama is currently unemployed... :whistle:

Just_Jimmy
24-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Running the length of the pitch at ER after scoring against them.

The only save zibi ever made was stopping him jumping into them.

seanshow
24-08-2013, 12:33 AM
dredging up threads from 4 years ago should be banned lol

....oops i just kept it alive

zlatan
24-08-2013, 12:38 AM
One of our most underrated performances was a 5-1 win over St Mirren under Collins where Benji and Zemmama just clicked together perfectly. We scored some beautiful goals and played some wonderful football. Sadly it was all too rare from both.

LongshanksED
24-08-2013, 06:13 AM
Running the length of the pitch at ER after scoring against them.

The only save zibi ever made was stopping him jumping into them.

Running towards the mutants waving his hands above his head mocking them. Class!

MrRobot
24-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Will always love Benji. His reaction on the last game of the season when he was saying bye to the fans won't be forgotten. Would love him to be back at Hibs if he had the same form he had under Collins. Shame Mixu played a style of football that didnt suit him at all.

mmmmhibby
24-08-2013, 08:48 AM
On the 50/50 or 40/60 chance that Colin Nish is rank rotten, then I'd rather have Benji filling in.

Big Nishy took a lot of stick in his time at ER, and he took it on a weekly basis. But if your a trier and a nice guy is totally different. That's the spirit!!!

Gustavo Fring
25-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Running towards the mutants waving his hands above his head mocking them. Class!

benji's finest moment in a green and white shirt :aok: the goal wasnt too bad either

lyonhibs
25-08-2013, 05:48 PM
No no no no.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Really miss Benji, when he scored I don't think we ever lost:greengrin? Loved his goal vs them and in the cup vs St Johnstone at the PBS:thumbsup:

Onceinawhile
25-08-2013, 05:51 PM
benji's finest moment in a green and white shirt :aok: the goal wasnt too bad either

His double in the cup final??

hibsbollah
25-08-2013, 05:53 PM

The Cup final was his finest moment by far. Him and Fletcher were majestic. How he never built on that raw talent and made a great career for himself is a mystery. I still well up a bit thinking about his tears at Tannadice on his last game. Always wish him well.

HibbyAndy
25-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Benji eh..This was a guy that had it all imo.. The world at his feet...Technically outstanding, If his attitude was the same as his ability he would have went far..Reminds me of Tarrabt now at Fulham.

ancient hibee
25-08-2013, 08:02 PM

I believe he thought they were the home support.

Hiber-nation
25-08-2013, 08:19 PM
I believe he thought they were the home support.

He said it was common in Morocco to do that to opposition fans....

Billy McKirdy
25-08-2013, 09:28 PM
His double in the cup final??

This

Diclonius
25-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Given that Benji scored two outstanding goals in one of our oh so rare cup wins - is he a Hibs legend? :confused:

Pete
26-08-2013, 03:44 AM
really....I must have missed that game!! His goal scoring record is awful and I wouldn't want another unprofessional footballer at ER....we have enough lazy numpties without another

I'm not sure you could name one player on our books who could be considered lazy or unprofessional.:dunno:

We're missing what Benji offered us in small doses. That spark in the final third.

Hibrandenburg
26-08-2013, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the memories but no thanks. Let's move forward not back.

lord bunberry
26-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Given that Benji scored two outstanding goals in one of our oh so rare cup wins - is he a Hibs legend? :confused:

I would say he's a cult hero

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2013, 09:11 AM

Maybe not a legend, but he was part of a team that is legendary. :greengrin

jacomo
27-08-2013, 02:34 PM
I would say he's a cult hero

:agree:

Works for me.