PDA

View Full Version : The new home top

lyonhibs
04-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Being unemployed, and ergo having way too much spare time on my hands, I found myself wandering down to the club shop with buying the new home top in mind for Bolton. I was slightly undecided re: the home top, having only really seen it on the club website and on other people from afar at games. I wasn't too sure if the font of the McEwan Fraser logo looked good or if the dark green strip up one side worked.

Having parted ways with my £35 (well done Hibs on it not being £40 :agree:) I can safely say that it is - and this is somewhat belated as its been out for a good month or so now - a great looking kit. Obviously "green and white" is pretty hard to mess up, but - for example - last seasons home kit didn't particularly impress me. Not that I would actually dream of wearing a football top outwith a playing/watching context (in the UK anyway), but if I did, I would seriously consider wearing it to go shopping up town/down the pub (at my end of town anyway). It must be gutting for the Jambos to have to wear that shiny, two-tone 1980's vomitrocious shellsuit effort with the dodgy, dodgy collar, all the while knowing that if their kit had the same classy and simple design as ours, with the obvious colour change (immediately detracting from the "class" element) it would be an acceptable Hearts top (insofar as that's possible, if it even is???)

Our best looking home top since McCleish was in charge IMO

Top Marks LCS and Hibs on this one :top marks

Oh, and as an aside, in the club shop if you want to use their changing rooms, they aren't ACTUALLY "unavailable" despite the signs, they are just there to dissuade pikey shoplifters who they'd apparently been having problems with.

HibbyScott
05-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Being unemployed, and ergo having way too much spare time on my hands, I found myself wandering down to the club shop with buying the new home top in mind for Bolton. I was slightly undecided re: the home top, having only really seen it on the club website and on other people from afar at games. I wasn't too sure if the font of the McEwan Fraser logo looked good or if the dark green strip up one side worked.

Having parted ways with my £35 (well done Hibs on it not being £40 :agree:) I can safely say that it is - and this is somewhat belated as its been out for a good month or so now - a great looking kit. Obviously "green and white" is pretty hard to mess up, but - for example - last seasons home kit didn't particularly impress me. Not that I would actually dream of wearing a football top outwith a playing/watching context (in the UK anyway), but if I did, I would seriously consider wearing it to go shopping up town/down the pub (at my end of town anyway). It must be gutting for the Jambos to have to wear that shiny, two-tone 1980's vomitrocious shellsuit effort with the dodgy, dodgy collar, all the while knowing that if their kit had the same classy and simple design as ours, with the obvious colour change (immediately detracting from the "class" element) it would be an acceptable Hearts top (insofar as that's possible, if it even is???)

Our best looking home top since McCleish was in charge IMO

Top Marks LCS and Hibs on this one :top marks

Oh, and as an aside, in the club shop if you want to use their changing rooms, they aren't ACTUALLY "unavailable" despite the signs, they are just there to dissuade pikey shoplifters who they'd apparently been having problems with.

Hence this post as well? :wink: I may be buying it on Friday before I roll up to yours I think :thumbsup:

heretoday
05-08-2009, 10:14 AM
It's the best strip they've had for many a year, mainly due to the comeback of white shorts and proper socks. I can rest easy in my bed now.

lyonhibs
05-08-2009, 10:20 AM
It's the best strip they've had for many a year, mainly due to the comeback of white shorts and proper socks. I can rest easy in my bed now.

:tsk tsk: to give it its full and rightful title "Advanced Dynamic Kit System" (or something like that).

Also known as "having the same shorts for the home and away kit"

A revolutionary concept according to the Hibs PR Department :greengrin

(((Fergus)))
05-08-2009, 10:52 AM
Anyone know what they're going to wear at Celtic Park?

JE89
05-08-2009, 11:10 AM

Probably both sides in the away top. Could be the same at ER. At least it gives us and them a chance to wear the second kit.

LancashireHibby
05-08-2009, 11:16 AM
First time in a couple of years that I've bought both strips for myself, though I'm still waiting for the home strip to come through the post after ordering it last Thursday (always buy the home strip for my lad and his cousin anyway).

Seany HFC 7-0
05-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Home strip is a belter! Defo be getting that :thumbsup:

lyonhibs
05-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Probably both sides in the away top. Could be the same at ER. At least it gives us and them a chance to wear the second kit.

What with there being no clash between our home top and their abomination of a "Bumble Bee" away top, I'd like to think we'll wear our home top against them at ER??

cabbageandribs1875
05-08-2009, 11:54 AM
well i like my new hibs away top :clapper:

ian cruise
05-08-2009, 12:25 PM
i'm sure i read on another thread that if both home and away tops clashed hibs would be wearing the black keepers top?

(((Fergus)))
05-08-2009, 12:48 PM
i'm sure i read on another thread that if both home and away tops clashed hibs would be wearing the black keepers top?

good idea, the red one would be better though

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Although the marketing people need to change one or two wee things now and again, I think that green top with white sleeves should be cast in stone and never altered. I am sure that sales of retro strips must have gone up since the McLeish team-strip got changed. Do what you like with the second top, but the first team strip is a icon that doesn't need changed. On the subject of changing rooms, I would advise everyone to try the strip on first. Altough LC stuff is a bit generous, where as I was a 40-42 for my Scotland top [ for Norway next week], my new Hibs top is 38-40 and still feels a bit roomy.

LancashireHibby
05-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Although the marketing people need to change one or two wee things now and again, I think that green top with white sleeves should be cast in stone and never altered. I am sure that sales of retro strips must have gone up since the McLeish team-strip got changed. Do what you like with the second top, but the first team strip is a icon that doesn't need changed. On the subject of changing rooms, I would advise everyone to try the strip on first. Altough LC stuff is a bit generous, where as I was a 40-42 for my Scotland top [ for Norway next week], my new Hibs top is 38-40 and still feels a bit roomy.

Might just be me who needs a bigger size than usual with LCS then :duck:

heretoday
06-08-2009, 07:47 AM

How about green with white sleeves? Wouldn't have been a problem in the 60s and 70s.

Okay I'm not daft! I know we need to maximise profit.