PDA

View Full Version : Hibs main web site

Allant1981
04-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Is this run by volunteers or do they employ people to run this site. Just been on and it hasnt been updated since before the preston game. Fair enough if done by volunteers who have little time to update

Darth Hibbie
04-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Is this run by volunteers or do they employ people to run this site. Just been on and it hasnt been updated since before the preston game. Fair enough if done by volunteers who have little time to update

Err yes it has at 07:12 this morning last story

Hibs90
04-08-2009, 10:31 AM

Refresh your page.

OtterHibee
04-08-2009, 10:33 AM

:confused:

There's been about 6 articles published since then.

See here (http://www.hibs.co.uk/index1.php). What is the first headline you can see on that page?

Could there possibly be a problem with the browser you're using?

marinello59
04-08-2009, 10:33 AM

Refresh your page.

Sorry superhibi but :faf:

RIP
04-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Often when you visit a website and your browser e.g. Internet Explorer, is not set to check for new versions of stored pages you are not seeing the latest content of the website or page, as your computer is reading the information from the cache, not the website.

Here is how to make sure you always see the latest version of updated web pages:

Microsoft Internet Explorer 6

Step 1: Click on Tools
Step 2: Click Internet Options
Step 3: Click Settings button
Step 4: Verify that Automatically is selected
Step 5: Click the OK button and then OK again

Microsoft Internet Explorer 7

Step 3: Under Browsing History section, Click Settings button

Jack
04-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Refresh your page.

:confused:

There's been about 6 articles published since then.

See here (http://www.hibs.co.uk/index1.php). What is the first headline you can see on that page?

Could there possibly be a problem with the browser you're using?

Often when you visit a website and your browser e.g. Internet Explorer, is not set to check for new versions of stored pages you are not seeing the latest content of the website or page, as your computer is reading the information from the cache, not the website.

Here is how to make sure you always see the latest version of updated web pages:

No point of telling him any of that. If his browser isn’t refreshing then he’ll only get his original post and think no-one is speaking to him :faf:

Biffa Bacon
04-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Anyone know if the official website is due to be re-designed anytime soon? Don't get me wrong, the content and quality of the articles are generally very good, however it looks like it was designed in the late nineties.

Baba O'riley
04-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Anyone know if the official website is due to be re-designed anytime soon? Don't get me wrong, the content and quality of the articles are generally very good, however it looks like it was designed in the late nineties.

yep, being worked on just now. I know the plan was for it to be up and running before the St Mirren game, but not sure how likely that will be.

Allant1981
04-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Sorry superhibi but :faf:

Sorry but what was funny about that? Me thinks someone needs to get a life

Allant1981
04-08-2009, 03:15 PM

Cheers hopefully that has sorted the problem out

marinello59
04-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Sorry but what was funny about that? Me thinks someone needs to get a life

Apologies if I upset your sensitivities. I will head out now and endeavour to get a life.:agree:

Allant1981
04-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Apologies if I upset your sensitivities. I will head out now and endeavour to get a life.:agree:

Did not upset me in the slightest, just didnt see what was funny. Maybe I have a crap sense of humour

marinello59
04-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Did not upset me in the slightest, just didnt see what was funny. Maybe I have a crap sense of humour

Or maybe I have.:greengrin