PDA

View Full Version : New to the board

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Hi all, im new to the board, I will say first of all

Im not a hibs fans just a football fan and interested to know what supporter of different teams think about the scottish game, I hope this is allowed, I do expect it to be a rough ride but im willingto take the chance.

Sean1875
03-08-2009, 06:18 PM
From your name im taking a guess at Hun?

Gatecrasher
03-08-2009, 06:19 PM

blue is the colour is a chelsea song :agree:

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Im no german nazi if thats what you mean.

Ringothedog
03-08-2009, 06:30 PM

Nope, he just means that you might be a "hun".Anyway welcome to the board...enjoy while it lasts:greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
03-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Lthf

Sean1875
03-08-2009, 06:33 PM
blue is the colour is a chelsea song :agree:
My bad :greengrin

No dont worry im not accusing you of that, Huns are what we tend to call Rangers fans up here :agree:

blueisthecolour
Nope, he just means that you might be a "hun".Anyway welcome to the board...enjoy while it lasts:greengrin
Im sure i will.:wink:

howdenthehibby

Im not a hibs fans just a football fan and interested to know what supporter of different teams think about the scottish game, I hope this is allowed, I do expect it to be a rough ride but im willingto take the chance.
good day bluenose

libernian
03-08-2009, 06:34 PM
so lets see, your english, come on our board after the huns get humped off arsenal, then ask us what we think of scottish football? hows my aim as hank would say...?

not that i'm being defensive :wink:

andyhibeefan15
03-08-2009, 06:42 PM
how do u start a new thread

lapsedhibee
03-08-2009, 06:42 PM
so lets see, your english, come on our board after the huns get humped off arsenal, then ask us what we think of scottish football? hows my aim as hank would say...?

How so? :dunno:

Ringothedog
03-08-2009, 06:43 PM
QUOTE=blueisthecolour;2117918]Im sure i will.:wink:[/QUOTE]

i'll bet:hnetinq::stirrer:

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 06:44 PM

Im a rangers fan, I know most folk like to call us huns but lets be honest would you like to be called after a nazi, im happy to listen to reasons of why you call us huns.

libernian
03-08-2009, 06:45 PM
How so? :dunno:

na could be from anywhere, just he never knew what a hun was - guessing its not germany tho!

Cabbage East
03-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Welcome :rolleyes:

iwasthere1972
03-08-2009, 06:46 PM
how do u start a new thread

Try the big NEW THREAD button at the top of the main page. :wink:

libernian
03-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Im a rangers fan, I know most folk like to call us huns but lets be honest would you like to be called after a nazi, im happy to listen to reasons of why you call us huns.

:embarrass

lapsedhibee
03-08-2009, 06:47 PM
What makes you think it wasn't nazis that were called after you? :dunno:
You've been around a lot longer, after all. Weren't you formed in 1790 or something like that? :dunno:

iwasthere1972
03-08-2009, 06:48 PM

Welcome aboard.

What response did you get on the Man U and Man City messageboards?

ArabHibee
03-08-2009, 06:49 PM

The Scottish game would be a better place if Rantic would GTF and go play somewhere else (IMO).

Barney McGrew
03-08-2009, 06:49 PM

:tee hee:

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 06:54 PM
You've been around a lot longer, after all. Weren't you formed in 1790 or something like that? :dunno:

Ive no idea what happened in that year:confused:

ArabHibee
03-08-2009, 06:57 PM

Wrong century mate. :nerd:Good try though.

Jack
03-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Were the huns not a group of rampaging barbarians [possibly] who fought their way around Europe?

It’s a description that well suits Scotland’s disgrace. Don’t you think?

I'm_cabbaged
03-08-2009, 07:01 PM
The Scottish game would be a better place if Rantic would GTF and go play somewhere else (IMO).

:agree:

Now jog on (or borrow a zimmer from one of your players) and take the other half of Glasgow with you.

Albanian Hibs
03-08-2009, 07:05 PM

:agree: and the other lot too

Pedantic_Hibee
03-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Welcome to the board, I don't see any problem whatsoever in any fan of any club coming on here, nailing their colours to the mast from the start and indulging in some sensible posting without getting too uppity.

Enjoy your stay :thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
03-08-2009, 07:14 PM

We've never had a pet hun before.

Wait until you meet our pet lesser green Jack Regan though :greengrin

blueisthecolour

Thats the thing, if rangers and celtic where to gtf as you say, yes the spl would be a closer run thing but what sort of money would be in the scottish game and what standard of player would you be watching, the standard is bad enough just now but without rangers and celtic there would be less tv money which would mean no money for hald decent players never mind good players.

Thats just my thoughts im not expecting you to agree with them though

Ed De Gramo
Welcome to the board, I don't see any problem whatsoever in any fan of any club coming on here, nailing their colours to the mast from the start and indulging in some sensible posting without getting too uppity.

Naked Subbuteo time....:cool2:

Pedantic_Hibee
03-08-2009, 07:15 PM

We've never had a pet hun before.

Wait until you meet our pet lesser green Jack Regan though :greengrin

Ah, Regan, he's not so bad for a Celtic fan. Sometimes.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Naked Subbuteo time....:cool2:

Fo' sho' :agree:

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 07:21 PM

Cheers mate, thats the reason i got im a rangers fan out the way fast, im here to get the views from rival fans and hopefully give views from a reasoned rangers fans point of view.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Cheers mate, thats the reason i got im a rangers fan out the way fast, im here to get the views from rival fans and hopefully give views from a reasoned rangers fans point of view.

What's your views on Rangers this summer so far? Happy to see Barry the Crab go? Can you see any new signings before the season kicks off in a fortnight?

Mendes and Davis in the midfield should be enough in itself to keep things ticking over.

Ringothedog
03-08-2009, 07:28 PM

Theres a contradiction in terms if i have ever read one:wink:

jacomo
03-08-2009, 07:31 PM

Well, took you a little while...

Still, welcome to the board - I'm all up for discussion with a reasoned hun. :wink:

Ringothedog
03-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Thats the thing, if rangers and celtic where to gtf as you say, yes the spl would be a closer run thing but what sort of money would be in the scottish game and what standard of player would you be watching, the standard is bad enough just now but without rangers and celtic there would be less tv money which would mean no money for hald decent players never mind good players.

Thats just my thoughts im not expecting you to agree with them though

I agree....not!! We currently get the square root of **** all for tv so what would change ?

da-robster
03-08-2009, 07:39 PM
These I'm new threads are all the rage right now :greengrin.

Anyway welcome to the board :greengrin

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 07:42 PM
What's your views on Rangers this summer so far? Happy to see Barry the Crab go? Can you see any new signings before the season kicks off in a fortnight?

Mendes and Davis in the midfield should be enough in itself to keep things ticking over.
Fergie was better going before he outstayed his welcome, he was a great player but his best years are behind him, we have Kevin Thomson back now who is more than able to fill the boots of BF and long as his knee holds out, Davis is a great player and Mendes can be class at times but he also has days when he looks like he can't be bothered, we should be getting a lot more goals from him.

Im think we will sign a CB if celtic don't get through to champions league as we would get another 2 million plus in tv rights, we badly need one for cover for Davie Weir he can't go on forever.

kano
03-08-2009, 07:43 PM

Would ur english team be chelsea by anychance going by ur name?

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 07:47 PM
I agree....not!! We currently get the square root of **** all for tv so what would change ?
Athough there is not a lot of money from tv without rangers and celtic do you really think the tv company would give half the cash they are giving, the reason we are always on the tv for away games is the tv companys know how much the grounds hold and how many rangers/celtic fans there is wanting to see the game, other that a hibsv hearts game what would the vewing figures be for a hibs v hamilton game for example?

Silversand
03-08-2009, 07:49 PM
there would be less tv money which would mean no money for hald decent players never mind good players.

Yes - we would not have had O'Connor, Riordan, Thomson, Whittaker & Fletcher without the fantastic TV money.

:wink:

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 07:51 PM

Funny enough no, im not a big fan of other teams but if i had to choose it would be spurs, the song was on the tv when i put in the user name and being a rangers fan blue is the colour for me.:wink:

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Yes - we would not have had O'Connor, Riordan, Thomson, Whittaker & Fletcher without the fantastic TV money.

:wink:

I mean scottish football in general not just hibs, There is barely enough good players in the spl to make a couple of teams, what i will say for hibs is they are excellent at producing youngsters i watch a bit of reserve and u19 football also and the hibs team at u19 fully deserved the double from what i seen, how long will you be able to hold on to these players once they make the break through, a couple of seasons at most without tv money you would be lucky to keep them a season.

Davy Mac
03-08-2009, 08:12 PM
I mean scottish football in general not just hibs, There is barely enough good players in the spl to make a couple of teams, what i will say for hibs is they are excellent at producing youngsters i watch a bit of reserve and u19 football also and the hibs team at u19 fully deserved the double from what i seen, how long will you be able to hold on to these players once they make the break through, a couple of seasons at most without tv money you would be lucky to keep them a season.

Welcome, personally dinnae have a problem with current buns or any other fitba fan coming on here as long as you dinna spout your Rool Brittania pash...:yawn:

Used to be quite close with the Greig family, especially John's son Murray during the 80's & 90's.

A wee story for you, occassionaly went to ipox and sat in the directors box always made sure I wore my Hibs top underneath :greengrin

Anyway, I don't think we are the only team who will be lucky to keep their star players either....:wink:

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 08:19 PM

Welcome, personally dinnae have a problem with current buns or any other fitba fan coming on here as long as you dinna spout your Rool Brittania pash...:yawn:

Used to be quite close with the Greig family, especially John's son Murray during the 80's & 90's.

A wee story for you, occassionaly went to ipox and sat in the directors box always made sure I wore my Hibs top underneath :greengrin

Anyway, I don't think we are the only team who will be lucky to keep their star players either....:wink:

Im sure your right there.

half.time.draw.
03-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Lthf

What He Said:greengrin

weecounty hibby
03-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Athough there is not a lot of money from tv without rangers and celtic do you really think the tv company would give half the cash they are giving, the reason we are always on the tv for away games is the tv companys know how much the grounds hold and how many rangers/celtic fans there is wanting to see the game, other that a hibsv hearts game what would the vewing figures be for a hibs v hamilton game for example?

How then do you explain some of the Scandanavian clubs who continually outperform you and your twin ugly sister in Europe. They don't have the finances that you get from tv and your hordes of "the best fans in the world" copyright the old firm. It wasn't all that long ago that Hibs were taking 9 off of Rosenberg in Europe but they now constantly qualify for CL group stages.

The OF have been a burden around the neck of Scottish football for decades and the only people who dont see that are the OF and their pet poodles in the press.

The only reason you are still here is that no one else wants you no matter how hard you both whore yourselves to the EPL or any where else

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 08:31 PM
How then do you explain some of the Scandanavian clubs who continually outperform you and your twin ugly sister in Europe. They don't have the finances that you get from tv and your hordes of "the best fans in the world" copyright the old firm. It wasn't all that long ago that Hibs were taking 9 off of Rosenberg in Europe but they now constantly qualify for CL group stages.

The OF have been a burden around the neck of Scottish football for decades and the only people who dont see that are the OF and their pet poodles in the press.

The only reason you are still here is that no one else wants you no matter how hard you both whore yourselves to the EPL or any where else
The Scandanvians have done well in europe but have they done much better, both Rangers and celtic have made the last 16 in the champions league and both teams have also been in the uefa cup final in the last 6 years, that something I never thought i would see in my lifetime, and i don't imaine i will see again, you can'tsay Rangers didn't put out some really good teams in that run tothe final.

LancashireHibby
03-08-2009, 08:36 PM

Bet he supports Linfield as well :wink:

BEEJ
03-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Welcome! :thumbsup:

And how do you think you and your fello Hu ... Gers fans would take to several seasons midst the splendour of English mid-table mediocrity and with no mid-week European 'adventures' to lighten the mood?

ancient hibee
03-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Over the last 10 years the OF have consistently been in the top 20 in the WORLD for annual revenue.Given that why do you think they do not do better?Is it financial or football mismanagement?

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Welcome! :thumbsup:

And how do you think you and your fello Hu ... Gers fans would take to several seasons midst the splendour of English mid-table mediocrity and with no mid-week European 'adventures' to lighten the mood?

If Rangers got in to England we would have plenty of cash to spend and im sure we would be able to lure some big name talent. it would take time but im sure within 5 years we would be up chere challenging.

ancient hibee
03-08-2009, 08:51 PM
If Rangers got in to England we would have plenty of cash to spend and im sure we would be able to lure some big name talent. it would take time but im sure within 5 years we would be up chere challenging.

See earlier post -you've had mega cash to spend-where's it gone?In the 2008 Deloitte list there were only 6 English clubs with higher revenue than Rangers.

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Over the last 10 years the OF have consistently been in the top 20 in the WORLD for annual revenue.Given that why do you think they do not do better?Is it financial or football mismanagement?

We have no cash to spend on players that is no seceret, the level of players we can bring to ibrox is english championship players like Boogie or if preimership players its from the lower half like davis, Boogie is like a superstar up here but if you seen if against arsenal it showed he was way out his depth, Cuellar was great up here nothing special at villa Boumsong was great then look what happened when he left, although we got a tidy sum.

Wheather we like it or not players use us a steping stone to the premiership.

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 08:58 PM
See earlier post -you've had mega cash to spend-where's it gone?In the 2008 Deloitte list there were only 6 English clubs with higher revenue than Rangers.
We have never had mega bucks, we made a good bit of money in our run to the eufa final but the teams that got relegated from the premiership made more.

weecounty hibby
03-08-2009, 08:58 PM

This is the utter garbage trotted out time after time by the likes of you and your pals at Darkheid. What are you basing this on, there are at least 10 clubs in England who have as many ST holders, would have the same tv revenue and probably have as much interest from abroad as you have. In my opinion you would probably be as close to relegation as to winning the league in England

ArabHibee
03-08-2009, 09:00 PM
We have no cash to spend on players that is no seceret, the level of players we can bring to ibrox is english championship players like Boogie or if preimership players its from the lower half like davis, Boogie is like a superstar up here but if you seen if against arsenal it showed he was way out his depth, Cuellar was great up here nothing special at villa Boumsong was great then look what happened when he left, although we got a tidy sum.

Welcome to our world mate, except we nurture young talent that's then mostly taken off our hands by the OF. :grr:

johnbc70
03-08-2009, 09:12 PM
We have never had mega bucks, we made a good bit of money in our run to the eufa final but the teams that got relegated from the premiership made more.

£12M for Flo, £5M for Van Bronkhurst, £4.5M for Arthur Numan,plus the rest. You have certainly spend megabucks in the past and never achieved anything. Advocaat spend something like £36M in one season, that would rival alot of EPL sides at the moment.

Crazyhorse
03-08-2009, 09:15 PM

1790 was the year of the golden harp. Rantic are part of the problem with
Scottish football but, as many on here have said, a bigger problem is the ludicrous structure. It has not been copied by any other serious footballing nation which says it all really.

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 09:23 PM
This is the utter garbage trotted out time after time by the likes of you and your pals at Darkheid. What are you basing this on, there are at least 10 clubs in England who have as many ST holders, would have the same tv revenue and probably have as much interest from abroad as you have. In my opinion you would probably be as close to relegation as to winning the league in England

Rangers and celtic get the interest from abroad when our teams play away, because our fans take a healthy travelling support, folk cannot understand why so many folk travel for a game of football and believe me they then take an interest, have a look back when rangers played villareal it was like a home game the next round arsenal played there im sure it was a semi final and they where lucky if 3 thousand went, so there is a big difference from the support.
If rangers where to play the likes of Man utd chelsea liverpool ect every week we would need a bigger stadium.

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Welcome to our world mate, except we nurture young talent that's then mostly taken off our hands by the OF. :grr:
I know how you feel Hutton was a prime example, doesn't look like changing anytime soon.

hibs0666
03-08-2009, 09:30 PM
If rangers where to play the likes of Man utd chelsea liverpool ect every week we would need a bigger stadium.

So would every club in Scotland - not sure what your point is. :confused:

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 09:33 PM
£12M for Flo, £5M for Van Bronkhurst, £4.5M for Arthur Numan,plus the rest. You have certainly spend megabucks in the past and never achieved anything. Advocaat spend something like £36M in one season, that would rival alot of EPL sides at the moment.

There was no choice then we didn't have any players Advocaat needed to rebuild an entire team, everyone was spending cash then, murray got the cash and gave it to Advocaat and we have been suffering ever since.

weecounty hibby
03-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Rangers and celtic get the interest from abroad when our teams play away, because our fans take a healthy travelling support, folk cannot understand why so many folk travel for a game of football and believe me they then take an interest, have a look back when rangers played villareal it was like a home game the next round arsenal played there im sure it was a semi final and they where lucky if 3 thousand went, so there is a big difference from the support.

You may not have noticed but you don't get to play Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool every week. You also have to play Hull, Stoke, Wigan etc. Again another nonsensical argument from you.
As has been seen in the past when the OF go through a period of no success the crowds drop drastically. See Rangers just before Souness and Celtic pre McCann similar. There is no gaurantee of success or European qualification in England so a similar pattern may follow. A few years of this and you would be screaming for the good old days back in Scotland

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 09:37 PM
So would every club in Scotland - not sure what your point is. :confused:
How big a stadium would hibs need then?

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 09:39 PM
You may not have noticed but you don't get to play Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool every week. You also have to play Hull, Stoke, Wigan etc. Again another nonsensical argument from you.
As has been seen in the past when the OF go through a period of no success the crowds drop drastically. See Rangers just before Souness and Celtic pre McCann similar. There is no gaurantee of success or European qualification in England so a similar pattern may follow. A few years of this and you would be screaming for the good old days back in Scotland

Lets just see how many fans we take to Portmouth next week fo a friendly.

marinello59
03-08-2009, 09:41 PM

To be frank, who cares?

hibs0666
03-08-2009, 09:43 PM
How big a stadium would hibs need then?

35,000 would do for most games. As a club we are being held back by the duopoly behaviour of the ugly sisters.

LiverpoolHibs
03-08-2009, 09:44 PM

Are you planning on smashing up that city as well?

BroxburnHibee
03-08-2009, 09:51 PM

:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious

You've gotta love that statement.............made my night it fair did.

weecounty hibby
03-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Remember they weren't Rangers fans in Manchester, they were either fans of English clubs or just weegies down on the p155 who don't really follow them.

Just another reason why they will never be allowed to play down there. Scotlands shame.

blueisthecolour
03-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Put it this way there was more arrest at t in he park than in manchester and manchester had a lot more folk there, im not excusing the idiots who did shame the club but it was a minrority,I was lucky to have a ticket and did not see one bit of bother in manhester until i returned to my hotel and seen it on the news, Put that amount of folk in an area to watch a game (one of themost important games in the clubs history)then not show it, Can you say you would have been pleased. The media have been nothing but complentry about the bears in london over the weekend

LancashireHibby
03-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Put it this way there was more arrest at t in he park than in manchester and manchester had a lot more folk there, im not excusing the idiots who did shame the club but it was a minrority,I was lucky to have a ticket and did not see one bit of bother in manhester until i returned to my hotel and seen it on the news, Put that amount of folk in an area to watch a game (one of themost important games in the clubs history)then not show it, Can you say you would have been pleased. The media have been nothing but complentry about the bears in london over the weekend

Because I doubt the coppers at T in the Park were getting battered left, right and centre in the line of duty :rolleyes:

Keith_M
03-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Welcome to the board, you should get on quite well with a couple of guys on here who pretend to be Hibs fans but we have doubts about...

:duck:

My first question for you is this. If I went on Follow Follow and had the user name 'green is the colour', how do you think the natives would react? I think I might give it a try.

Oh, one footnote, the term Hun was commonly used to refer to Germans long before anyone had ever heard of Nazis. My wife's a 'Hun', in that sense, and she certainly wouldn't like the (probably unintended) inference that she's a Nazi. Sticks and Stones though, eh..... :wink:

weecounty hibby
03-08-2009, 09:56 PM

I work beside a number of guys who were there and have all said that there was trouble from morning to night. It ranged from p155ing all over the city, damaging cars, mobbing off licences and stealing booze to the full on riots seen later. If you are happy with that well it only confirms what every other non OF fan has known for years, you are an embarrassment to the country.

LiverpoolHibs
03-08-2009, 10:05 PM

I can't imagine it's very easy to arrest people in situations such as this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFyOxS5jL5o

Only a very small minority of bigotted, rampaging **** with an astonishingly misplaced sense of superiority mind... :rolleyes:

BroxburnHibee
03-08-2009, 10:12 PM

With you 100% there I would not have been pleased - mind you I can also say 100% I wouldn't have resorted to criminal activity to make me feel better either.

I can't imagine it's very easy to arrest people in situations such as this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFyOxS5jL5o

Only a very small minority of bigotted, rampaging **** with an astonishingly misplaced sense of superiority mind... :rolleyes:

Exactly..............same old pish............small minority my ****

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2009, 10:12 PM
I live in blackpool, and the place was infested by them, fighting and pissing everywhere. Not to mention the ***** songs, and sectarian insults for 3 days. Minority it certainly was not.

Sir David Gray
03-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Playing devil's advocate for a second, are people really sure that it wasn't a minority that were involved in the violence?

There were approximately 100,000 Rangers fans in and around Manchester for the UEFA Cup final so it would have needed 50,001 trouble makers for it to have been a majority. Are people really sure that it was as many as that who were causing the bother? :devil:

iwasthere1972
03-08-2009, 11:36 PM

That's the worst spell of whether we've had all year. :duck:

libernian
04-08-2009, 12:01 AM

totally agree with that tbh.

weecounty hibby
04-08-2009, 06:13 AM
It wasn't shown because the screen packed in and when the repair men turned up the Huns started to throw bottles at them, which made said repair men think that it may be safer out of there.
I always find that when someone is trying to help me a good bottling makes them work better!! Complete morons the lot of them

IWasThere2016
04-08-2009, 06:39 AM
Fergie was better going before he outstayed his welcome, he was a great player but his best years are behind him, we have Kevin Thomson back now who is more than able to fill the boots of BF and long as his knee holds out, Davis is a great player and Mendes can be class at times but he also has days when he looks like he can't be bothered, we should be getting a lot more goals from him.

Im think we will sign a CB if celtic don't get through to champions league as we would get another 2 million plus in tv rights, we badly need one for cover for Davie Weir he can't go on forever.

Your chairman is openly telling folks that one CB is all you can afford to sign.

Jack
04-08-2009, 06:42 AM
Playing devil's advocate for a second, are people really sure that it wasn't a minority that were involved in the violence?

There were approximately 100,000 Rangers fans in and around Manchester for the UEFA Cup final so it would have needed 50,001 trouble makers for it to have been a majority. Are people really sure that it was as many as that who were causing the bother? :devil:

Playing the devils devil advocate here.

Those who stood by and watched AND did nothing to prevent or quell the violence and general carnage are, IMO, just as guilty by colluding with the thugs or at least guilty by association. Therefore there may well be the 50,001 you are looking for. :devil: :devil:

Hiber-nation
04-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Your chairman is openly telling folks that one CB is all you can afford to sign.

What about McArthur? Thought that was a done deal?

MrSmith
04-08-2009, 09:16 AM
The OF TV rights issue eh?

This is the single problem with OF run Scottish fitba Rangers and Celtic always bleating about money!

Football is about the fans and the community the individual teams serve. Before the invention of the PREMIER lets make Rangers and Celtic money league and before the SFA and now the SPL office bearers realised they could live the high life while allowing this...our teams were doing well in all competitions:

Strong domestic league
European and UEFA Cups
British cups
World and European Cups

Then the mighty West of Scotland Brigade decided, utilising their tiny robbing mentality, that money could be made by changing the system to suit the OF and it didn't take much for the greedy chairmen at both clubs to realise this and agree.

The SFA/SPL and the OF have totally ruined Scottish football through their small minded bigotted sectarian agenda encompassing sheer greed!

Take your teams to EPL and all the money you carry! I live in hope that Scottish Football will return to the fans and the communities enabling home grown talent to perform on a stage they so want to while genrating interest and a competative nature and performance proving the Scots are world class at football.

Money the OF the SFA/SPL gtf!:grr:

hibs1875aye
04-08-2009, 11:50 AM

Is this the same good players rangers and celtic tend to steal from us, for less than their value, mid-season (or ideally for the huns or smeltic just before we play you) then claim them to be a superior level of player just because they now play outwith their original club???

See above. The reason Scottish football is in a decline is largely due to celtic and rangers stiffling competition and taking all the best players, often via under hand tactics using newspapers and slimey agents, and then complaining there's nae competition!

Wrong. 5 years??? :faf: 5 decades!! If the huns got into england you would get gubbed regularly as, contrary to popular belief around Govan way, the world does not start and end in glasgow. Liverpool/Man Utd/Arsenal :greengrin/Chelsea etc would pound you on a regular basis with their superior spending power as would some of the "smaller" clubs who are, by definition (and accounts), "bigger" than the mighty old firm who regularly win nothing outside Scotland.

Then, contrary to another myth with your greatest fans in teh world pish, the most "loyal" fans in Britain (UK) or whatever you wish to call it, would desert you, on the hunt for easier glory.

Anyway, I do hope you lot get your wish and do get join an English League....and I do hope next season you are regularly gubbed by everyone.

Best Wishes

The rest of Scotland (non-huns) :thumbsup:

Lucius Apuleius
04-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Just a personal question blueismaybeacolourbuta*****oneanyway: where do you come from?

ancient hibee
04-08-2009, 02:47 PM

Sorry to appear rude to a guest such as yourself but what part of "being in the top 20 in the WORLD for revenue "do you not understand.The idea that clubs in the lower end of the EPL have more income is OF fantasy fed to gullible supporters by the sycophantic weegie press.Go and have a look at Deloittes football income lists for the past few years and have your eyes opened.

JimBHibees
04-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Personally think both the Old Firm teams would hold their own in the EPL which from middle down is choc full of pretty average but physically powerful teams. Just cant see it happening to be honest as why would the middle to bottom premiership teams and the middle to top Championship teams basically vote against their best interests. To suggest neither or them could do ok in England given their size, support and increased revenue is nonsense IMO.

blueisthecolour
04-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi all, there isl oads of questions to anwser, mostly on manchester so i will try and keep it to this post, Im not happy with the so called fans who caused trouble in manchester, there was about 200,000 folk there MOST behaved themselfs, as someone said folk where pissing on the streets, I would say it was up allys behind trees ect the reason simple they was not enough toilets put out litter in the street, yes there was very few bins and it was left in the designated squares, granted at 11pm after the game the spuare was a tip but by 7am you would never have known we were there, at T in the park the site is still being cleared 3 weeks later, the trouble folk say was happening all day, I can't really comment i was in the square where it all kicked off up to 6pm before leaving for the game and did not see 1 bit of trouble untill i got to my hotel an seen the news.
Manchester will be a day I will remember for the rest of my life apart from the performance on the park it was a fantastic day for me and i won't let the thugs who caused bother take away my memorys.

blueisthecolour
04-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Welcome to the board, you should get on quite well with a couple of guys on here who pretend to be Hibs fans but we have doubts about...

:duck:

My first question for you is this. If I went on Follow Follow and had the user name 'green is the colour', how do you think the natives would react? I think I might give it a try.

Oh, one footnote, the term Hun was commonly used to refer to Germans long before anyone had ever heard of Nazis. My wife's a 'Hun', in that sense, and she certainly wouldn't like the (probably unintended) inference that she's a Nazi. Sticks and Stones though, eh..... :wink:

That would be like me coming on here with a username maroon is the colour, there is a hibs fan who posts on followfollow username john robbo beleive it or not and hamilton fans ect, as long as you go on and respect the rules it's not a problem, if you start the crap calling folk huns ect then you will get banned.

blueisthecolour
04-08-2009, 04:33 PM
What about McArthur? Thought that was a done deal?

He wouldn't get in to the rangers team IMO, he is a really good hamilton player but most folk don't think he is any better than th likes of Charlie Adam (he is a good player by the way just not good enough for rangers.)

marinello59
04-08-2009, 04:33 PM
That would be like me coming on here with a username maroon is the colour, there is a hibs fan who posts on followfollow username john robbo beleive it or not and hamilton fans ect, as long as you go on and respect the rules it's not a problem, if you start the crap calling folk huns ect then you will get banned.

I find it seriously hard to believe that any Hibs fan would last more than a few posts on Follow Follow without being subjected to the usual guff.

blueisthecolour
04-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Just a personal question blueismaybeacolourbuta*****oneanyway: where do you come from?

Glasgow and rangers is my local team if thats what you getting at:wink:

blueisthecolour
04-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Sorry to appear rude to a guest such as yourself but what part of "being in the top 20 in the WORLD for revenue "do you not understand.The idea that clubs in the lower end of the EPL have more income is OF fantasy fed to gullible supporters by the sycophantic weegie press.Go and have a look at Deloittes football income lists for the past few years and have your eyes opened.

I don't know how they go about making this list, but trust me rangers don't have money, would you be able to check what number rangers were on the list last season, at one stage there was talk of us going bust but im sure we where still above loads of the english teams on the list.

Barney McGrew
04-08-2009, 04:44 PM
I don't know how they go about making this list, but trust me rangers don't have money, would you be able to check what number rangers were on the list last season, at one stage there was talk of us going bust but im sure we where still above loads of the english teams on the list.

That's completely different from the revenue you bring in.

Like our maroon friends across the city, you have money coming in (and in your case, massive amounts) but unfortunately it gets pished up the wall on useless players from Lithuania (or Adam/Gow etc. in your case).

The reason Rangers are so far in debt is because you've been overspending against your income for years, and it's now coming home to roost.

blueisthecolour
04-08-2009, 04:46 PM
I find it seriously hard to believe that any Hibs fan would last more than a few posts on Follow Follow without being subjected to the usual guff.

john robbo http://forum.followfollow.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

resident of the leith san siro

Thats the guys username he has over 2000 posts.
As I said mate he goes on and talks football if folk have any questions regarding games at easter rd or about hibs he's usally the one they ask.

marinello59
04-08-2009, 04:47 PM
john robbo http://forum.followfollow.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

resident of the leith san siro

Thats the guys username he has over 2000 posts.
As I said mate he goes on and talks football if folk have any questions regarding games at easter rd or about hibs he's usally the one they ask.

Link doesn't work. Funny that.

blueisthecolour
04-08-2009, 04:52 PM
That's completely different from the revenue you bring in.

Like our maroon friends across the city, you have money coming in (and in your case, massive amounts) but unfortunately it gets pished up the wall on useless players from Lithuania (or Adam/Gow etc. in your case).

The reason Rangers are so far in debt is because you've been overspending against your income for years, and it's now coming home to roost.
That what ive said mate, hence the reason we can't buy players, the best chance we have got of bringing in a CB is if celtic go out of champs league tomorrow night and that gives us an extra 2 million which i would hope would go on players, we have got rid of a few earners Fergie, Hemdani ect so things should hopfully get better.

Mikey
04-08-2009, 04:54 PM

Welcome. We haven't had a resident Rangers fan for a while.

blueisthecolour
Link doesn't work. Funny that.
Well the name is john robbo and the leith san siro is what he has under his user name, there is nothing I can do if you don't believe me mate.

iwasthere1972

Glasgow and rangers is my local team if thats what you getting at:wink:

I'm all for fans supporting their local team. It's the gloryhunting barstewards that get my goat. :agree:

Mikey
04-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Well the name is john robbo and the leith san siro is what he has under his user name, there is nothing I can do if you don't believe me mate.

A Hibs fan called John Robbo. Never thought I'd see the day :tee hee:

:devil:

blueisthecolour
04-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Welcome. We haven't had a resident Rangers fan for a while.

Cheers mate, Im enjoying my time so far.

marinello59
04-08-2009, 04:59 PM
A Hibs fan called John Robbo. Never thought I'd see the day :tee hee:

:devil:

:greengrin

iwasthere1972
04-08-2009, 05:09 PM

You should be able to copy and paste one of his posts on here then. :wink:

I would but I can't remember my log in for follow follow. It may be nadeispish but I seriously don't know. :duck:

StevieC
04-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Athough there is not a lot of money from tv without rangers and celtic do you really think the tv company would give half the cash they are giving

If they did give just half the cash ...

... then it would be an improvement ...

... given that the OF take at least 60% of the current cash on offer!

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2009, 05:40 PM
If they did give just half the cash ...

... then it would be an improvement ...

... given that the OF take at least 60% of the current cash on offer!

If you did not know better, some people would think we were just here to make the numbers up eh.:grr:

ancient hibee
04-08-2009, 05:54 PM

Due to my technological ineptitude these are the most up to date figures I can find.

Season 2005/6 Rangers est. 88.5M euro-18th in list

2006/7 Place taken by Celtic 111.8M euro

attendances over a 4 year period Celtic 8th in Europe-Rangers 13th

If you google Deloittes football income list you may get more info.

Hibee_Rab
05-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Haha why does follow follow has a banner saying rangers fc, the most succesful club in the world? There is bigging up your club and their is blatant lieing and that is the second :greengrin

blueisthecolour
05-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Haha why does follow follow has a banner saying rangers fc, the most succesful club in the world? There is bigging up your club and their is blatant lieing and that is the second :greengrin
Who has won more silverware?

hibs1875aye
05-08-2009, 03:58 PM

You are kidding eh? Or do you really believe the huns are the most successful club in the world?

Regards success, remind us all how many European Cups youse have won when compared to other minnows such as liverpool, man u, barca, milan etc....closer to home, remind us when you last dominated the SPL regularly.

Deluded huns...priceless. for everything else, there is reality.

Barney McGrew
05-08-2009, 04:08 PM
You are kidding eh? Or do you really believe the huns are the most successful club in the world?

To be fair to him, I think (and I may be wrong) that they have won more trophies than any other team in the world.

iwasthere1972
05-08-2009, 04:25 PM
To be fair to him, I think (and I may be wrong) that they have won more trophies than any other team in the world.

:agree: Believe they said that on Sky Sports during their game against PSG at the weekend. Based on trophies they are probably the most successful team in the world but they would probably prefer to have the cash and a few Champions League titles instead of all those domestic ones.

blueisthecolour
05-08-2009, 05:02 PM

Regards success, remind us all how many European Cups youse have won when compared to other minnows such as liverpool, man u, barca, milan etc....closer to home, remind us when you last dominated the SPL regularly.

Deluded huns...priceless. for everything else, there is reality.

NO

I didn't say we have won the big european cup but we have won more cups than any other club in the world.

ChooseLife
05-08-2009, 05:32 PM
:slipper:

Could it be?

hibs1875aye
05-08-2009, 05:56 PM
NO

I didn't say we have won the big european cup but we have won more cups than any other club in the world.

Sorry. There was me stupidly considering success in the real world where we all live I.e. winning things that are WORTH winning and therefore making you successful.

Let's turn that around then and ask the liverpools, man u's, barcas if they would prefer THEIR success instead of that odd branch of success that exists in govan but is ultimately worth bugger all.

hibee_nation
05-08-2009, 06:46 PM
That what ive said mate, hence the reason we can't buy players, the best chance we have got of bringing in a CB is if celtic go out of champs league tomorrow night and that gives us an extra 2 million which i would hope would go on players, we have got rid of a few earners Fergie, Hemdani ect so things should hopfully get better.

Bang goes another 2 million. :greengrin

Diclonius
05-08-2009, 06:53 PM

Linfield.

blueisthecolour
05-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Sorry. There was me stupidly considering success in the real world where we all live I.e. winning things that are WORTH winning and therefore making you successful.

Let's turn that around then and ask the liverpools, man u's, barcas if they would prefer THEIR success instead of that odd branch of success that exists in govan but is ultimately worth bugger all.

Doesn't matter no one has won more tropheys and thats why we are in the most succesful team.

Some folk will say Linfied has won more, they count cups that are the same as the glasgow cup and the likes so when rangers add them to the list we have won more than Linfied,

blueisthecolour
05-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Bang goes another 2 million. :greengrin

They still have another qualifier to play and have you seen the teams they will face, Its a choice from A. Madrid, Arsenal,Lyon and 2 others that i don't fancy there chances against, but thats why i said IF they fail to progress:wink:

Im away to talk about the mighty rangers beating the moneybags man city 3-2:top marks

hibs1875aye
05-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Doesn't matter no one has won more tropheys and thats why we are in the most succesful team.

Some folk will say Linfied has won more, they count cups that are the same as the glasgow cup and the likes so when rangers add them to the list we have won more than Linfied,

Ok so your mass of cups is more important even tho in every respect you are less successful than all the clubs I noted a good few more I could mention. And you cannot see the irony in your post citing linfield as less successful due to what they have won which was my point with your lot all along!!!!

Hibee_Rab
06-08-2009, 12:04 AM

Yeah which is silly because they don't compare. Just like the scottish cup doesn't compare to the champions league trophy.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2009, 07:17 AM
Yeah which is silly because they don't compare. Just like the scottish cup doesn't compare to the champions league trophy.

You are wasting your time, huns will manipulate everything fact for their own benifit,

marinello59
06-08-2009, 07:20 AM
They still have another qualifier to play and have you seen the teams they will face, Its a choice from A. Madrid, Arsenal,Lyon and 2 others that i don't fancy there chances against, but thats why i said IF they fail to progress:wink:

Im away to talk about the mighty rangers beating the moneybags man city 3-2:top marks

Contempt for a team relying on financial muscle rather than sporting endeavour. From an Infirm fan? :faf:

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2009, 07:22 AM
Contempt for a team relying on financial muscle rather than sporting endeavour. From an Infirm fan? :faf:

:faf:Irony is not a word this pet understands.:rolleyes:

blueisthecolour
06-08-2009, 02:12 PM
No what im saying is if we had won the Arsenal tournament at the weekend(I know we didn't), you wouldn't put that in your list of honours as it was a friendly tournament, the same a celtic won't add the wembly cup to there official honours list, (well they might they have a history of things like this:cool2:)

blueisthecolour
06-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Ok so your mass of cups is more important even tho in every respect you are less successful than all the clubs I noted a good few more I could mention. And you cannot see the irony in your post citing linfield as less successful due to what they have won which was my point with your lot all along!!!!

Do tell.