PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Guys

Dazzler
03-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi guys,
Just to say a big thank you to all the Hibs fans who made us feel so welcome before the game on Saturday. We were invited to the supporters club where the atmosphere was warm and welcoming. The beer went down a treat and we enjoyed the Scotch Pies as well as the craik!
The game was one of two halves. You guys shaded the first half and we did better in the second.
Can we have your number 7.
Hope you have a good season. We will look out for your results
With every good wish
Dazzler and Oshor
PNE FC

Gatecrasher
03-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Hi guys,
Just to say a big thank you to all the Hibs fans who made us feel so welcome before the game on Saturday. We were invited to the supporters club where the atmosphere was warm and welcoming. The beer went down a treat and we enjoyed the Scotch Pies as well as the craik!
The game was one of two halves. You guys shaded the first half and we did better in the second.
With every good wish
Dazzler and Oshor
PNE FC

you can have him for £2 million + Mellor :agree:

glad you guys enjoyed the day

cwilliamson85
03-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Hi guys,
With every good wish
Dazzler and Oshor
PNE FC

no.:greengrin

Golden Bear
03-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Hi guys,
With every good wish
Dazzler and Oshor
PNE FC

Glad you enjoyed yourselves and I'll be looking at your results over the season with some interest.

It was certainly a very impressive second half performance.

PS Hands off wee Zouma (our number 7)!

Dazzler
03-08-2009, 04:35 PM
you can have him for £2 million + Mellor :agree:

glad you guys enjoyed the day

Now ther's a thought! Mellor played well on Saturday when he came on. He has a habit of doing that in friendlies, but when it comes to the crunch he is often found wanting. I think he will start the match against Bristol City on Saturday, probabaly partnered by 'The Beast' (Jon Parkin the number 10 in the first half). Chris Brown, Mellor's partner played well though and his headed goal was excellent. Glad I'm not a manager!

Gatecrasher
03-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Now ther's a thought! Mellor played well on Saturday when he came on. He has a habit of doing that in friendlies, but when it comes to the crunch he is often found wanting. I think he will start the match against Bristol City on Saturday, probabaly partnered by 'The Beast' (Jon Parkin the number 10 in the first half). Chris Brown, Mellor's partner played well though and his headed goal was excellent. Glad I'm not a manager!

hmmm, im having second thoughts now :greengrin

the 1st thing we said when we entered the ground was "that guys massive" about your NO.10 he looks more like a rugby player!

Golden Bear
03-08-2009, 04:41 PM

Who was your number 4? - he looked a player and a half.

Dazzler
03-08-2009, 04:50 PM

I think it was Richard Chaplow (we don't wear squad numbers for friendlies) - if he had a completely bald head it was him.
We bought Chaplow from West Brom and at the beginning of last season -he was superb. He then got injured (hamstring). When he came back after the injury, he was awful and you could visibly see the confidence draining from him. He went back on the sick list and Al Irvine has used him sparingly in friendlies. I think he is going to be the 'main man' in our central mid field this season - IF HE CAN STAY FIT!! Thought Barry Nicholson played well alongside him. We got him from Aberdeen. I got the impression that you guys aren't over keen on Aberdeen!

Hibernian Verse
03-08-2009, 04:50 PM

Richard Chaplow, only 23. He'll be, and I presume is, a great player.

Golden Bear
03-08-2009, 04:55 PM
I think it was Richard Chaplow (we don't wear squad numbers for friendlies) - if he had a completely bald head it was him.
We bought Chaplow from West Brom and at the beginning of last season -he was superb. He then got injured (hamstring). When he came back after the injury, he was awful and you could visibly see the confidence draining from him. He went back on the sick list and Al Irvine has used him sparingly in friendlies. I think he is going to be the 'main man' in our central mid field this season - IF HE CAN STAY FIT!! Thought Barry Nicholson played well alongside him. We got him from Aberdeen. I got the impression that you guys aren't over keen on Aberdeen!

That's the guy. He looked strong in the tackle and he read the game superbly.

(and I can think of at least 3 more teams in Scotland whom us Hibbies detest more than Aberdeen!):wink:

stubru59
03-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Hi guys,
With every good wish
Dazzler and Oshor
PNE FC

Have you thought of joining the Diplomatic Services? PNE shaded it the first half and took us to the cleaners the second.

Good team, hope you make it to the EPL.

LancashireHibby
03-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Thought Barry Nicholson played well alongside him. We got him from Aberdeen. I got the impression that you guys aren't over keen on Aberdeen!
Thought he was bobbins when I saw PNE play at Chorley the other week, to be honest. Always rated Chaplow ever since he first broke in to the first team at Burnley a few years ago.

Sir David Gray
03-08-2009, 06:42 PM

Not particularly but that's more to do with his Rangers connections from earlier in his career. We're not too fond of them but then, who is? :greengrin

Anyway good performance from you guys on Saturday, particularly in the second half. It was a good test for us to play a team like Preston as it lets us know how much we need to improve.

All the best for the coming season.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Hi guys,
With every good wish
Dazzler and Oshor
PNE FC

Zemmama will cost you your keeper, that baldy player who was oustanding and 2 million, plus a sell on fee of 75% and even then you would be stealing him. If you want the next best thing........get your board to bid for Benjelloun. We won't be hard to deal with.

LancashireHibby
03-08-2009, 08:32 PM
We also want the Tom Finney Stand dismantled brick-by-brick and transported to ER to be rebuilt as the new East Stand. Willing to accept the Alan Kelly Stand, if only because he's wearing a green top. :wink:

Hiber-nation
03-08-2009, 10:04 PM

Thought Chaplow was excellent and your big strikers would trouble most defences....although ours wasn't the sternest test :greengrin

Mind you I thought Michael Hart was poor, dunno how he could make it as a regular in the Championship. Anyway all the best for the season.

Dazzler
04-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Thanks for all those replies guys. Interesting that we are having the Hart/Jones debate.
Will pass on some of your thoughts to our fellow 'Nobbers'
Dazzler

Tollhouse Hibee
04-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Chaplow (no4) was an animal, an animal we badly need.

the keeper had an excellent game too as did your centre half (no 5).

we could swap those 3 for zouma!

Phil D. Rolls
04-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Have you thought of joining the Diplomatic Services? PNE shaded it the first half and took us to the cleaners the second.

Good team, hope you make it to the EPL.

Have to disagree, we had more shots on target, and it was their goalie who kept them in the game.

In the second half they beefed up their midfield, and exposed our biggest flaw - the team is too wee. They also took off that striker who looked like he'd just come out of the boozer (I genuinely wondered if it was a fan who had won a place in the team in a competition), and when they had fitter forwards, were able to keep us occupied.

Not surprised people want Zemama, he's clearly playing for a move out of Easter Road.

Dazzler
04-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Have to disagree, we had more shots on target, and it was their goalie who kept them in the game.

In the second half they beefed up their midfield, and exposed our biggest flaw - the team is too wee. They also took off that striker who looked like he'd just come out of the boozer (I genuinely wondered if it was a fan who had won a place in the team in a competition), and when they had fitter forwards, were able to keep us occupied.

Not surprised people want Zemama, he's clearly playing for a move out of Easter Road.

Known as the 'Beast'. Actually not a bad player. Scored some big goals for us last season. On Saturday I think he'll start with Mellor. If you think he's big, he's actually trimmed down!!

Hibee_Rab
04-08-2009, 11:44 AM

So if a player is impressive and exciting it means they are playing for a move> Zouma's own words were that he wanted to pay back hibs for the compassionate loan.

Phil D. Rolls
04-08-2009, 11:49 AM
So if a player is impressive and exciting it means they are playing for a move> Zouma's own words were that he wanted to pay back hibs for the compassionate loan.

Specualtion of course, but methinks the scenario is like this.

Yogi: Come back to Hibs Zoonmer, cos if you do we can put you in the shop window, and we'll get a transfer fee.

Zoomer: Thanks Yogi, I can't stand the weather in Scotland, nor can my wife, but at least you're a good bloke, and it was good of the club to let me go somewhere warm on loan.

Yogi: You could be away again by the end of August.

BonnieFitbaTeam
04-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Specualtion of course, but methinks the scenario is like this.

Yogi: Come back to Hibs Zoonmer, cos if you do we can put you in the shop window, and we'll get a transfer fee.

Zoomer: Thanks Yogi, I can't stand the weather in Scotland, nor can my wife, but at least you're a good bloke, and it was good of the club to let me go somewhere warm on loan.

Yogi: You could be away again by the end of August.

I think (and certainly hope) that your timescale is somewhat skewed, but if we're brutally honest any decent player with real ambition should be playing for a move. There are bigger and better places than Hibs, reluctant although we are to admit it sometimes.

And, if the wee man keeps up his pre-season form once we're up and running then he'll get that move. He's looked incredibly sharp from the off.

cabbageandribs1875
04-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Known as the 'Beast'.

i always think of wee airdrie jambo when i see that word

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Known as the 'Beast'. Actually not a bad player. Scored some big goals for us last season. On Saturday I think he'll start with Mellor. If you think he's big, he's actually trimmed down!!Trimmed down to a brick *****house, well impressive! :greengrin