PDA

View Full Version : NHC Hi I'm new.

half.time.draw.
03-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Hello All,
I am new to posting on the Forum, although I have been following for a few years.
Any way hope to get invloved in some decent discussion.

Mon the Hibees:hnet:

H18sry
03-08-2009, 10:16 AM
You better get used to doubting Thomases for your first few posts :devil:
But welcome aboard :wink:

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Ltyf.

half.time.draw.
03-08-2009, 10:18 AM
You better get used to doubting Thomases for your first few posts :devil:
But welcome aboard :wink:

I Know, I expect the odd YAM comment, and rightly so, nothing worse than having the place hijacked by THEM.

Cheers

half.time.draw.
03-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Ltyf.

I take it that's not a welcome:confused:

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2009, 10:23 AM

i'm surprised a hibs fan, who's been following this forum for a few years does not know what it means? :confused:

I'm_cabbaged
03-08-2009, 10:23 AM

Love to you forever. :agree:

BH being one of the most sensitive souls on here.

ArabHibee
03-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Welcome aboard the love train.

half.time.draw.
03-08-2009, 10:28 AM
i'm surprised a hibs fan, who's been following this forum for a few years does not know what it means? :confused:

I took the last bit to mean YAM FUD as I said I expect the treatment until I become more familiar here.

HIBEES......

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2009, 10:29 AM
I took the last bit to mean YAM FUD as I said I expect the treatment until I become more familiar here.

HIBEES......

Only messing, welcome aboard.:wink:

MyJo
03-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Welcome to the madhouse, please leave all sharp implements at the entrance and its recommended you wear slip-ons as you might be tempted to hang yourself with your shoelaces after reading the boards for a while.

half.time.draw.
03-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Only messing, welcome aboard.:wink:

Cheers thanks for the welcome.:top marks

iwasthere1972
03-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Hello All,
I am new to posting on the Forum, although I have been following for a few years.

Welcome aboard the good ship lollipop. :agree:

Speedway
03-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Hello All,

Hibs.Net Induction Crash Course:

- You cannot post, sensible, logical, reasoned, well thought out posts. You must either be insanely ecstatic about stringing three passes together, with references to the Leith San Siro; or you must be on suicide watch where everyting is a 'disgrace', every player is 'not good enough' (until they are sold, then they are the crown jewels which the board is selling off so that Rod can build the moat for his house)

- No signing is ever 'Hibs class'. Those that become Hibs Class will have been predicted by 270 individual posters on here, who told us all along from the beginning what great quality the player would be. You will not be able to trace their posts to confirm this.

- All players ability improve dramatically during a victory or once sold. Our squad is increasingly weakened every season yet rather than be relegated as a result, our league placings and crowds are reasonably and consistently mediocre despite whoever is in the squad at any given time.

- Some posters on here have miserable lives, jobs and marriages. They don't have the guts nor self esteem to address those issues so Hibs become 'a ****** disgrace' instead. This depresses the rest of us. Misery loves company.

- Every manager we've ever had since the advent of the Internet Messageboard is 'Tactically Naive' Even if they then go on to be tactical geniuses elsewhere, they were devoid of that ability at ER.

- During a poor run of form, we hark back to any player that ever played ok for us once or twice, and insist that this player should return to the club and play in the 'Matty Jack Role'. When this does not happen, we use it as evidence that our board 'lack ambition'.

- LTYF does indeed mean 'Love To You Forever' Blackpool Hibs posted it whilst wearing a 'Kiss Me Kwik' hat. BH is our most sensitive poster, and enjoys nothing more than a spanking good discussion with other users.

- TQM, Scoopyboy, Derek HFC and myself are sometimes considered to be 'in the know' with regard to transfer news. Only two of us actually are and one of them isn't me. We tend to get news of deals a lot quicker than the majority of posters here however, because of our lines of work/contacts.

- You must make fun of the Yams, even when it's hypocritical and even when we're a much bigger laughing stock ourselves. Laughing at ourselves only depresses us. We are Bi-Polar.

- Rod Petrie, stands for all things good as a man of integrity and unimpeachable fiscal responsibility.

- The only goalkeepers who are good goalkeepers are bald goalkeepers. This means Stack, our new goalkeeper will become a bumbling inept journeyman when he makes his first mistake in Hibs colours. The accuracy of this prediction could allow you to reasonably conclude that he has already made his first mistake by agreeing to join the club in the first place. The coaching will be blamed once he has left the club, however.

Any other Hibs.Net fundamental principles and doctrines that I've missed lads and lasses?

lapsedhibee
03-08-2009, 12:30 PM

- Some posters on here have miserable lives, jobs and marriages. They don't have the guts nor self esteem to address those issues so Hibs become 'a ****** disgrace' instead. This depresses the rest of us. Misery loves company.

Any other Hibs.Net fundamental principles and doctrines that I've missed lads and lasses?

Would like to see this module expanded to cover the role of individual scapegoats within the Hibs team, as well as the need for the whole team/club to be branded a ****** disgrace from time to time.

ArabHibee
03-08-2009, 12:30 PM
:faf:

You must pick a Hibs player and dislike him immensly and berate his performance at every opportunity on the board.

(There are a lot of .netters looking for a new player at the moment after Alan O'Brien was released.) :tee hee:

Speedway
03-08-2009, 12:35 PM
:faf:

You must pick a Hibs player and dislike him immensly and berate his performance at every opportunity on the board.

(There are a lot of .netters looking for a new player at the moment after Alan O'Brien was released.) :tee hee:

Maybe there's a source of revenue for the club there in getting a 'sponsor the scapegoat' programme launched. The sponsors can have their names in the matchday magazine.

Current contenders:

Maka, DVZ, Hogg, McBride, Rankin, Nish.

aberhibsfc
03-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Welcome to the board

Biggie
03-08-2009, 12:39 PM

- You cannot post, sensible, logical, reasoned, well thought out posts. You must either be insanely ecstatic about stringing three passes together, with references to the Leith San Siro; or you must be on suicide watch where everyting is a 'disgrace', every player is 'not good enough' (until they are sold, then they are the crown jewels which the board is selling off so that Rod can build the moat for his house)

- No signing is ever 'Hibs class'. Those that become Hibs Class will have been predicted by 270 individual posters on here, who told us all along from the beginning what great quality the player would be. You will not be able to trace their posts to confirm this.

- All players ability improve dramatically during a victory or once sold. Our squad is increasingly weakened every season yet rather than be relegated as a result, our league placings and crowds are reasonably and consistently mediocre despite whoever is in the squad at any given time.

- Every manager we've ever had since the advent of the Internet Messageboard is 'Tactically Naive' Even if they then go on to be tactical geniuses elsewhere, they were devoid of that ability at ER.

- During a poor run of form, we hark back to any player that ever played ok for us once or twice, and insist that this player should return to the club and play in the 'Matty Jack Role'. When this does not happen, we use it as evidence that our board 'lack ambition'.

- LTYF does indeed mean 'Love To You Forever' Blackpool Hibs posted it whilst wearing a 'Kiss Me Kwik' hat. BH is our most sensitive poster, and enjoys nothing more than a spanking good discussion with other users.

- TQM, Scoopyboy, Derek HFC and myself are sometimes considered to be 'in the know' with regard to transfer news. Only two of us actually are and one of them isn't me. We tend to get news of deals a lot quicker than the majority of posters here however, because of our lines of work/contacts.

- You must make fun of the Yams, even when it's hypocritical and even when we're a much bigger laughing stock ourselves. Laughing at ourselves only depresses us. We are Bi-Polar.

- Rod Petrie, stands for all things good as a man of integrity and unimpeachable fiscal responsibility.

- The only goalkeepers who are good goalkeepers are bald goalkeepers. This means Stack, our new goalkeeper will become a bumbling inept journeyman when he makes his first mistake in Hibs colours. The accuracy of this prediction could allow you to reasonably conclude that he has already made his first mistake by agreeing to join the club in the first place. The coaching will be blamed once he has left the club, however.

Speedway, you forgot Sergey knows everything about the yams finances that we'd need to know.....

Zimmy
03-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Welcome Dude, hope you enjoy the ride. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2009, 12:45 PM

Very good. And also very true (apart from TQM being in the know).

Speedway
03-08-2009, 12:56 PM

Did I say he was? :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Did I say he was? :wink:

No you didn’t – I thought he was one of the 2 when I 1st read it. :greengrin

da-robster
03-08-2009, 01:38 PM

You must have at least 5000 posts to say anything remotely negative failure to do so will result in being called a "yam fud".Posting anything positive with less than 5000 posts will result in being called a "happy clapper".

iwasthere1972
03-08-2009, 01:56 PM
You must have at least 5000 posts to say anything remotely negative failure to do so will result in being called a "yam fud".Posting anything positive with less than 5000 posts will result in being called a "happy clapper".

Me too. :thumbsup:

:doh: Wrong thread

bighairyfaeleith
03-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Hello All,

Let me just say one thing

GTF ya yam fud!!!!!!!

half.time.draw.
03-08-2009, 04:54 PM

GTF ya yam fud!!!!!!!

Thats what I expected cheers for the banter lads..:greengrin

andyhibs
03-08-2009, 05:04 PM

GTF ya yam fud!!!!!!!
soarce:greengrin

iwasthere1972
03-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Thats what I expected cheers for the banter lads..:greengrin

What banter. It ain't kicked off yet.

Ed De Gramo
03-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Welcome mate :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Keep yer head down and your stretch will fly by....dinnae be making wild threats if former players rejoin the club :wink:

Pedantic_Hibee
03-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Greetings, I am the board's resident bottom jockey.

It's roughly about this time that I send you a private message and invite you down south for a game of naked Subbuteo. :aok:

Barney McGrew
03-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Greetings, I am the board's resident bottom jockey.

It's roughly about this time that I send you a private message and invite you down south for a game of naked Subbuteo. :aok:

Has the sock and eight ball initiation been discontinued now?

Pedantic_Hibee
03-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Has the sock and eight ball initiation been discontinued now?

Only if he loses at Subbuteo. Or fails to pay his share of the leccy for the floodlights I installed around the pitch.

For what it's worth, I am the first man in Hampshire to have floodlights on a Subbuteo pitch :cool2:

Bangkok Hibby
08-02-2019, 01:16 AM

Found this gem from years ago whilst having a wee rummage through the old posts. Nothing changed I see 😂😂😂

HoboHarry
08-02-2019, 01:23 AM
Another two posters consented lol. Admins are on the rampage so you better watch oot new guy :greengrin

Carheenlea
08-02-2019, 07:21 AM
Seen the OP post lots of times? 700 odd posts as well?

FilipinoHibs
08-02-2019, 07:40 AM

Very funny post, this in particular is so true:

Some posters on here have miserable lives, jobs and marriages. They don't have the guts nor self esteem to address those issues so Hibs become 'a ****** disgrace' instead. This depresses the rest of us. Misery loves company.

I was at derby game in lower west and Fletcher scored a kinda muffed header up the slope. Two men in their early forties were there with teenage sons. They hugged each other and one said I hate my job but I love Hibs. That summed up to me what Hibs meant. I once suffered from terrible depression and lay in bed for most of the day. I listened to the Hibs games on the radio, it was one thing keeping me alive apart from my youngest sum. Remember listening to the 3-0 cup win at Ibrox and jumping out of bed to celebrate each goal.

Hibeesmad
08-02-2019, 07:46 AM
Very funny post, this in particular is so true:

Some posters on here have miserable lives, jobs and marriages. They don't have the guts nor self esteem to address those issues so Hibs become 'a ****** disgrace' instead. This depresses the rest of us. Misery loves company.

I was at derby game in lower west and Fletcher scored a kinda muffed header up the slope. Two men in their early forties were there with teenage sons. They hugged each other and one said I hate my job but I love Hibs. That summed up to me what Hibs meant. I once suffered from terrible depression and lay in bed for most of the day. I listened to the Hibs games on the radio, it was one thing keeping me alive apart from my youngest sum. Remember listening to the 3-0 cup win at Ibrox and jumping out of bed to celebrate each goal.

Sometimes football is more than just a game, it’s a way of life. Hope things are going well for you now, thanks for sharing. 👍💚

FilipinoHibs
08-02-2019, 07:57 AM
Sometimes football is more than just a game, it’s a way of life. Hope things are going well for you now, thanks for sharing. 👍💚

Thanks going great. See my Scottish Cup story.

BILLYHIBS
08-02-2019, 08:01 AM
Welcome aboard ya Hearts b******!

Im the comedy and apprentice historian second only to Jonnyboy :greengrin

If you have been observing for a wee while your ignore list should already be substantial

Seriously a warm welcome and welcome aboard

Lets hope for a win tomorrow or it will all kick off on here

You cannae beat it

This place is nuts!

:hibees

MSK
08-02-2019, 08:05 AM

If you have been observing for a wee while your ignore list should already be substantial

You cannae beat it

This place is nuts!

:hibeesIt was 10 years ago Billy 😆

Bangkok Hibby
08-02-2019, 08:06 AM

You cannae beat it

This place is nuts!

😂😂😂😂😂😂
I was quoting/bumping a post from 2009. Thought it was so similar to posts we read 10 years later

ian cruise
08-02-2019, 08:19 AM
Found this gem from years ago whilst having a wee rummage through the old posts. Nothing changed I see 😂😂😂

Has Speedway ever topped this post? Has he turned to the darkside and become one of these miserable posters he talks about? What about TQM, Was he even there in 2016?

These are things we must know, I blame Petrie!

Bangkok Hibby
08-02-2019, 08:45 AM
Has Speedway ever topped this post? Has he turned to the darkside and become one of these miserable posters he talks about? What about TQM, Was he even there in 2016?

These are things we must know, I blame Petrie!

Haha will these questions remain unanswered...🙂

BILLYHIBS
08-02-2019, 08:47 AM
It was 10 years ago Billy 😆

Yeah! Just noticed that 2009 .... still half asleep......think he’s a yam troll?

:dunno:

MyJo
08-02-2019, 09:15 AM
Welcome to the madhouse, please leave all sharp implements at the entrance and its recommended you wear slip-ons as you might be tempted to hang yourself with your shoelaces after reading the boards for a while.

the more things change the more they stay the same :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2019, 09:27 AM

10 years on and still spot on :hilarious

Box 17
08-02-2019, 09:28 AM
Thought this would be a good opportunity to make my first post also.

Been an observer for years but now looking forward to getting involved in the action.

Especially enjoy the threads that descend into punnery!! :wink:

IWasThere2016
08-02-2019, 09:30 AM
10 years on and still spot on :hilarious

Right! Ootside you! :take that

Bangkok Hibby
08-02-2019, 09:33 AM

Been an observer for years but now looking forward to getting involved in the action.

Welcome 👍🏻

BILLYHIBS
08-02-2019, 09:36 AM

A warm welcome

I hope you have read Speedways rules and regulations

Get stuck into the forum

Box 17
08-02-2019, 10:28 AM
Thanks guys.:thumbsup:

One Day Soon
08-02-2019, 10:38 AM
Hello All,

Run, run as fast as you can and don't look back.

One Day Soon
08-02-2019, 10:44 AM

Excellent work. :agree:

It's important to decide whether you're going to be a Happy Clapper or a Bedwetter early on - and preferably which clique you are in.

Don't be conned into thinking Ponzi is some potential gem signing we may have unearthed in the Italian lower leagues.

If you read 'lol, he's gonna pump her' in the middle of some thread without explanation just accept it.

One Day Soon
08-02-2019, 10:47 AM

That's an impressive start. Can't recall too many occasions when a newbie has managed right off the bat in their first post to instantly provoke a small but vocal group of posters. Those who don't like pun pollution, really don't like it...

LTYF

Chuck Rhoades
08-02-2019, 12:33 PM
Right! Ootside you! :take that

Posted from the wrong account 😂?

hibsfan7
08-02-2019, 01:02 PM
welcome to the madhouse

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2019, 02:01 PM
Posted from the wrong account 😂?

Name change as his credibility as TQM had fallen I understand. Can you confirm TQM? :hilarious

Eyrie
08-02-2019, 06:51 PM

That's an impressive start. Can't recall too many occasions when a newbie has managed right off the bat in their first post to instantly provoke a small but vocal group of posters. Those who don't like pun pollution, really don't like it...

LTYF
But on the other hand the newbie has already identified himself as a man of wit and taste.

Welcome!