PDA

View Full Version : Question Time Travel signing (who would it be)

iwasthere1972
02-08-2009, 07:35 PM
The scenario. You are Dr Emmett Brown and have been summoned to Rods office in the bowels of Easter Road. You arrive in the West Stand car park having safely landed in your De Lorean DMC-12 and are ushered into the stadium by the waiting Hibs officials.

You soon learn that your mission is to go back in time and bring back a former Hibs player and deliver him to Sir Rod Petrie's office in time for our opening SPL game. This movement would not have any affect on the past as he would be time travelled back in order for history to remain unchanged.

So here we are.

Who would you bring back in your De Lorean and why.

Me - Simple. The guy in my avatar. 81 goals in 209 games for Hibs and against better teams that are around today. He would have played and scored a barrowload more but got punted and replaced by some numpty. :grr:

matty_f
02-08-2009, 07:37 PM
The scenario. You are Dr Emmett Brown and have been summoned to Rods office in the bowels of Easter Road. You arrive in the West Stand car park having safely landed in your De Lorean DMC-12 and are ushered into the stadium by the waiting Hibs officials.

You soon learn that your mission is to go back in time and bring back a former Hibs player and deliver him to Sir Rod Petrie's office in time for our opening SPL game. This movement would not have any affect on the past as he would be time travelled back in order for history to remain unchanged.

So here we are.

Me - Simple. The guy in my avatar. 81 goals in 209 games for Hibs and against better teams that are around today. He would have played and scored a barrowload more but got punted and replaced by some numpty. :grr:

Sauzee - love the guy.:top marks

falkirk_cabbage
02-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Tough one - Stanton or Edwards or Cropley for their creative skills or O'Rourke or Gordon for putting the ball in the back of the net (and leading a forward line in Gordon's case)

Pedantic_Hibee
02-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Alan O'Brien :gun:

whereswallace?
02-08-2009, 07:57 PM

So here we are.

Have to be Sauzee for me aswell,best player iv seen in my lifetime. :sauzee::not worth

Who is the player in your avatar? Sorry for not recognising your hero!!

hibsbollah
02-08-2009, 08:01 PM
As much as I love Franck, our big need just now is a right midfielder, so I'd say Scott Brown. or George Best...

crash
02-08-2009, 08:05 PM
George Best, aptly named. Petrie wouldn't have to worry about funding a new stand if Best was back.

thebakerboy
02-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Would have to be the fabulous Baker boy more goals per games than any Hibs player in history and pretty near top at Arsenal and Forest

iwasthere1972
02-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Have to be Sauzee for me aswell,best player iv seen in my lifetime. :sauzee::not worth

Who is the player in your avatar? Sorry for not recognising your hero!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSaY75jHC-4

2min 48 secs and you will find out. :thumbsup:

AndyP
02-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Where do you start.....Marinello, Schaedler, Blackley, Brownlie, Leighton, Baker, Smith (or anybody from that famous five side) would all walk into this current squad.

But I think that we need to look at our defenders so for me Onion (and if I'm being greedy Shades as well)

WindyMiller
02-08-2009, 08:43 PM

If you watch the video or were ,like me, at the match, then, with all due respect to Jimmy O, the only man to bring through in this time-machine is PAT STANTON.

He'd play in any central or right position and would give 100% every week.

whereswallace?
02-08-2009, 08:43 PM

:thumbsup:

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Steve Archibald. Not just for his goals but I have rarely seen a forward with better positional sense. Our younger players would lap that up and learn loads.

erin go bragh
02-08-2009, 09:26 PM

So here we are.

easy one has to be gordon smith{why cmon 300plus goals for us on the wing} but why only one now if it were three [baker boy and mr stanton] breaks my heart to leave out mr sauzee]:devil:

Irish_Steve
02-08-2009, 09:44 PM

i`ll never forget the time my boss ask me to pick him up at his house one day. I got to the door and he told me to come in, I heard his wife talking to someone in the front room and my boss ushered me in - and there was Jimmy sitting down drinking tea and eating biscuits.

He got up and said you must be Steve, to which i blurted out, aye, and you`re Jimmy O`Rourke to which he and my boss fell about laughing - seems he goes way back with my boss and the pair of them planned it - still gives me goosebumps just thinking about it tho

whiskyhibby
02-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Willie Hamilton :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Even Stanton said he was the best player he had ever come across

iwasthere1972
02-08-2009, 09:50 PM
i`ll never forget the time my boss ask me to pick him up at his house one day. I got to the door and he told me to come in, I heard his wife talking to someone in the front room and my boss ushered me in - and there was Jimmy sitting down drinking tea and eating biscuits.

He got up and said you must be Steve, to which i blurted out, aye, and you`re Jimmy O`Rourke to which he and my boss fell about laughing - seems he goes way back with my boss and the pair of them planned it - still gives me goosebumps just thinking about it tho

:greengrin

Remember seeing him in a pub in the Royal Mile in 1992. In fact I think he may have been running it at the time. A great guy.

Jonnyboy
02-08-2009, 10:49 PM
I'd say one from each generation please :wink:

Gordon Smith

Pat Stanton

Scotty Broon

Ta :greengrin

iwasthere1972
02-08-2009, 11:25 PM

Gordon Smith

Pat Stanton

Scotty Broon

It's a De Lorean you have at your disposal not a Range Rover. :wink:

P.S. You can't use the boot either as it's loaded with cash and drugs.

ScottB
02-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Sauzee, exactly what we need right now.

Not sure about going further back than that, obviously our legends are just that, but how would they handle the modern game? Probably very well, I just want big Franck back :agree:

villager
03-08-2009, 12:35 AM
hartley, i'd stick him in the d'lorean just before the semi final kick off.

Barney McGrew
03-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Gordon Smith

Hibs90
03-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Russel Latapy.

Just Jimmy
03-08-2009, 09:52 AM
I'd just go back myself and watch the Famous Five, knowing that the Tornado's were still to come, as was Sauzee and Mowbray's team.

O'Rourke3
03-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Never having seen any of the FF play I'd have to put the one in the car guaranteed to score goals, it's "gie the seat to Reilly".

From the Tornadoes, we need someone to play along side Zemmama - so Alex Cropley for me, simply for the passing.

From the present era, I'd go back a year and bring big Jones back, replacing him with him would seem like a fine plan. :wink:

basehibby
03-08-2009, 10:54 AM
It's a De Lorean you have at your disposal not a Range Rover. :wink:

P.S. You can't use the boot either as it's loaded with cash and drugs.

First I'd nip back to the 70's and pick up Pat Stanton - he could play either sweeper or midfield in our current lineup. Then fast forward to the early nineties and stuff Mickey Weir in the glove compartment :agree:

aberhibsfc
03-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Joe Baker for me.

cwilliamson85
03-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Would have to be Leighton for me. sort out the GK situation...:wink:

cwilliamson85
03-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Or David Murphy. Loved him at LB.

iwasthere1972
03-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Or David Murphy. Loved him at LB.

FFS We're talking time travel here not City Link. :greengrin

Sean1875
03-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Amadou Konte. :wink:

Andy74
03-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Taking into account the modern game and also the players we currently have in the team I'd have to go for Sauzee and play him sitting in front of the back 4.

heretoday
03-08-2009, 01:10 PM
We could do with Baker to run at the opposition and unsettle them.

ancient hibee
03-08-2009, 05:12 PM
It would have to be Joe because he proved then that even surrounded by numpties he could win games on his own-just what we need.

Dashing Bob S
03-08-2009, 05:42 PM
You've answered the question in the title. Who indeed. But which Who? I'd opt for Chris Eccelston as he's tall and would fill in the Rob Jones role. Whenever things were getting sticky he could take us back to games like 7-0 in 73, or land the tardis at Dens in 86 so we could witness the scenes at first hand and laugh at Los Yambolinos.

snooky
03-08-2009, 06:05 PM

Gordon Smith

Pat Stanton

Scotty Broon

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :top marks

oregonhibby
03-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Stalin - matching face hair.
:duck: