PDA

View Full Version : The Hibernian

McKinley
02-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi there,

Bought the Hibernian yesterday and was quite impressed with it :agree:. Didn't get to many matches last season but as far as I knew Goal Mouth was still the official programme. Has it just changed for this season? And will it still be around for the start of the season?

Not saying there was anything wrong with GM, but always nice for a wee change.

What did everyone else think?

M

hibsboy90
02-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Just the new name for the programme, nothing particularly wrong with Goalmouth, just chosen a different name for this year's program by the look of it. Was informative, not full of adverts, and full colour. Not bad for a quid.

Bunter
02-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Price rising to £3 for the season proper.

erin go bragh
02-08-2009, 09:19 PM
:grr:
Hi there,

Bought the Hibernian yesterday and was quite impressed with it :agree:. Didn't get to many matches last season but as far as I knew Goal Mouth was still the official programme. Has it just changed for this season? And will it still be around for the start of the season?

Not saying there was anything wrong with GM, but always nice for a wee change.

What did everyone else think?

M
:grr: no programes left when we got to the game {how i dont no cause the crowd wiz pish:grr:

rainman
03-08-2009, 04:52 AM
Had a few Goalmouths from last season sent over to me. Thought they were absolute garbage to be honest.

I understand we've been trying out a few different ideas in recent seasons, with the paper version at a cheaper cost etc.

Hopefully The Hibernian will be a bit different and give the fans what they want.

jarre1875
03-08-2009, 06:55 AM
They are going to have make sure the programme covers loads as at £3 a pop a lot of people will be looking for a read not a 10 minute half time troll through. The new name was ok as was the slightly bigger size but you have to fold it to get it into your pocket though. Dont mind a slight crease in my programme but not into origami :wink:

As for availability the last couple of friendlies played at Easter Road seem to sell out quite quick, dont know if they don't print as many for friendlies or if it's just a price (eg £1) that shifts them a bit quicker.

McKinley
03-08-2009, 07:02 AM
:grr:
:grr: no programes left when we got to the game {how i dont no cause the crowd wiz pish:grr:

I got one quite late on - maybe about 2.50pm.

Hibs90
03-08-2009, 08:12 AM
I assume it will be more full instead of a palty 14 pages or so, as it was just a pre-season friendly.

The design looked smart. Much better :agree:

number 27
03-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Price rising to £3 for the season proper.

No danger of buying it for that price. I thought it was fine for a pound but I cant imagine what they could put in it to make it worth 3 quid.

Stoney Hibee
03-08-2009, 09:16 AM
There was a guy trying to buy 50 copies in the programme shop just after 2.00 - No idea iof he got them though.

If they are charging £3.00 they better be improving the quality significantly - that almost magazine prices.

Martin
03-08-2009, 09:27 AM
The new programme 'The Hibernian' will have 64 pages and will cost £3 :agree:
Will also take the same shape/design as the pre-season challenge edition.

RoxburghHibs
03-08-2009, 09:35 AM
The new programme 'The Hibernian' will have 64 pages and will cost £3 :agree:
Will also take the same shape/design as the pre-season challenge edition.

Sounds like good news to me. I'd far rather pay £3 for something decent that I would keep than £2 on something that gets flicked through and thrown away as per last seasons Goalmouth.

Jonnyboy
03-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Had a few Goalmouths from last season sent over to me. Thought they were absolute garbage to be honest.

I understand we've been trying out a few different ideas in recent seasons, with the paper version at a cheaper cost etc.

Hopefully The Hibernian will be a bit different and give the fans what they want.

As a former contributor I have to say it saddens me to read that rainman. I know how much time and effort is put into the creation of the match programme and personally I think it's a lot better than many of its competitors :agree:

Hibee_Rab
03-08-2009, 02:37 PM
I always liked goalmouth paticularly the classic matchs and player interviews. The manager bit at the start and the things for players who got 50 goals were also good.

Martin
03-08-2009, 02:52 PM
As a former contributor I have to say it saddens me to read that rainman. I know how much time and effort is put into the creation of the match programme and personally I think it's a lot better than many of its competitors :agree:

Agreed :agree:

However everything needs a new lick of paint now and again and i'm sure the Hibernian will cater to all the supporters.

rainman
04-08-2009, 02:06 AM

Your never going to keep everybody happy John. I actually thought the cheap paper version was a good idea. No ads, nothing fancy and a good price. Not many people agreed though. :wink:

Now with ads spread right the way through it, 6 pages dedicated to the opposition, long drawn out articles about teams of yesteryear, the youth set up and Hibernian ladies, it's not my cup of tea.

As a youngster i liked the action pictures, player profiles, short snappy articles that you could flick through at half time or on the drive home.

I can't imagine me sitting at 10 years old reading the long articles on the woman's team, player interviews, historical trust and youth set up.

It's obvious that a lot of work goes into it, and the content is very well researched and informative. This is no slight on the work they put in. Personally, I'd prefer it simpler with shorter, easier to read pages.