PDA

View Full Version : No Surprises, 2 weeks before season opener..

Ell_Chrisso
02-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Its become pretty obvious to me, that too many people, were getting far too overly excited, when we got a good result against a poor Pars side...

Since then, not many people have been very optimistic about our performances, which makes me think to myself, that i was right, along with a few on here, that surely Hibs fans have learned not too get far too excited, before a ball is even kicked when the season starts!

take the preston thread for example, already we have certain individuals pointing at maka, for ALL 3 goals yesterday?

People already slagging off numbers at a friendly, 2 weeks b4 the season starts, when most people are probably saving there pennys for the opener against St Mirren! :S

And that, we were all for backing Nish and co in a thread early last week, and now he is useless?

I think there is also alot of people, who are disrespecting Preston, as i think on there day they are one of the best teams in the championship, just maybe a little like us when it comes to consistency..

This is preseason folks! the time where u do try different things, the time where you do make mistakes etc.. so that you can learn from them before the all serious stuff starts again!

Il be down at Bolton next week myself, and tbh, the score is the least thing that is on my mind. i just want to go down there, watch a great game of football, and have a good time..

Surely we aint expected to be turning them over 4-0 ?

Your thoughts.... ?

Pedantic_Hibee
02-08-2009, 08:39 AM
Good points there.

I think, for pre-season friendlies, we just need to get a bit of balance on here.

We shouldn't get too excited about winning in pre-season but in the same token, we shouldn't be shaking with rage over a defeat either.

GlesgaeHibby
02-08-2009, 08:39 AM
Its become pretty obvious to me, that too many people, were getting far too overly excited, when we got a good result against a poor Pars side...

Since then, not many people have been very optimistic about our performances, which makes me think to myself, that i was right, along with a few on here, that surely Hibs fans have learned not too get far too excited, before a ball is even kicked when the season starts!

take the preston thread for example, already we have certain individuals pointing at maka, for ALL 3 goals yesterday?

People already slagging off numbers at a friendly, 2 weeks b4 the season starts, when most people are probably saving there pennys for the opener against St Mirren! :S

And that, we were all for backing Nish and co in a thread early last week, and now he is useless?

I think there is also alot of people, who are disrespecting Preston, as i think on there day they are one of the best teams in the championship, just maybe a little like us when it comes to consistency..

This is preseason folks! the time where u do try different things, the time where you do make mistakes etc.. so that you can learn from them before the all serious stuff starts again!

Il be down at Bolton next week myself, and tbh, the score is the least thing that is on my mind. i just want to go down there, watch a great game of football, and have a good time..

Surely we aint expected to be turning them over 4-0 ?

Your thoughts.... ?

I've never backed Nish. I gave him his chance when Mixu signed him but I can't stand watching him play.

When he's not on his arse, he's standing hand on hips puggled. He has no pace, he's useless in the air. We need somebody other than Colin Nish to lead our line.

Ell_Chrisso
02-08-2009, 08:44 AM
I've never backed Nish. I gave him his chance when Mixu signed him but I can't stand watching him play.

When he's not on his arse, he's standing hand on hips puggled. He has no pace, he's useless in the air. We need somebody other than Colin Nish to lead our line.

Yea im kinda in the same view also. although, he is our striker, and not some1 we can just get rid of, so we have to make use of him.

for someone with his height, he has no strength or heading ability, which is probably what his huge downfall is.

he spends most games giving away stupid free kicks, for climbing over even defenders who are smaller than him, or being offside.

he is good when he gets the ball at his feet, so possibly that should be more of our game plan? get him to take it into feet, and let players with good movement e.g. Zemama, Riordan, pick off passes.

Think weve got to learn to try and support our team a little bit better, more than just jumping right down there throats everytime we get a bad result..

we cant win every week..

Godsahibby
02-08-2009, 09:07 AM
As a target man last season Nish worked (ish) but he's not playing that role, with the way we are playing we need a cf who will fight to get the ball, moving the defenders working his arse off. Nish isn't that sort of cf. You saw the difference when Kurtis Byrne came on, he is that sort ofplayer but I think it's unfair to rely on him. I've not made up my mind yet about JJ, he might work, if no we need to bring someone in who can play that role.

Wilson
02-08-2009, 11:45 AM

I think we are being a bit unfair regarding the pars game. They have some decent players and have put together a decent run of results since that defeat.

We deserve more credit for that victory. It shows that when we field a strong 11 and everything clicks we can be quite potent.

We are still a couple of signings away from troubling the rest of the SPL over the course of the season mind you.

I just don't think we want to panic or write ourselves off after a couple of poor friendly results.

matty_f
02-08-2009, 12:15 PM
I think we are being a bit unfair regarding the pars game. They have some decent players and have put together a decent run of results since that defeat.

We deserve more credit for that victory. It shows that when we field a strong 11 and everything clicks we can be quite potent.

We are still a couple of signings away from troubling the rest of the SPL over the course of the season mind you.

I just don't think we want to panic or write ourselves off after a couple of poor friendly results.

:top marks

It's not surprising though, it's the folk who moan most about a defeat like yesterday that are the first to discredit the wins that we get. Someone said this was the worst Dunfermline team in history, FFS!

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Yogi's comments in the papers today about answers and the what is needed to put things right, can only mean new players. Not practical to think that it means different tactics, not in three weeks. I hope that the one question that he has asked the board, is do they think that we have a decent back four with the players we already have, and the answer to that is a thumping no.

sesoim
03-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Yogi's comments in the papers today about answers and the what is needed to put things right, can only mean new players. Not practical to think that it means different tactics, not in three weeks. I hope that the one question that he has asked the board, is do they think that we have a decent back four with the players we already have, and the answer to that is a thumping no.

Instead of signing journeymen midfielders (who we will probably released in a year or two), Hughes needs to go for the jugular - two good fullbacks and a quality CB (allowing Murray to play beside Bamba and Zemmama in midfield). We also need to offload Maka and get a GK on the level of Szama in. We still need a reliable main striker as well.

I know Petrie wont finance any extra spending, but if we could offload Maka, Van Zanten, Benji and possibly Stevenson, Nish, JJ, and Rankin, there should be enough funds available coupled with the wages left over from the players who have already left, plus a wee bit of the Fletch/Jones money, to sort the team out.

Speedway
30-07-2013, 12:00 PM
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Leishy1995
30-07-2013, 12:09 PM
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Did we then go on to sign stokes?