PDA

View Full Version : Are Brian Hamilton and Kevin McBride the same person???

lyonhibs
02-08-2009, 02:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB1uf6exUOo&feature=related

They look almost identical, and are they destined to play roughly the same role?? With other players taking the plaudits (McGinlay, Murdo etc in Hamilton's days) and Zemmamma + Cregg these days (I personally think Cregg has a lot more to offer than just a "midfield grafter" that runs about a lot), will McBride play the Hamilton role??? (assuming McBride avoids the unfortunate tail-end of career comments about the comparative merits of being a postie and playing for Hibs).

By the Hamilton role I mean, generally under-appreciated by the fans, playing a pretty unglamorous role and allowing more skillful/technical players the defensive cover they require to work their magic on the ball.

GGTTH

CropleyWasGod
02-08-2009, 07:10 AM
At full time, I heard the same view, except it was expressed thus "That's all we need, another *****in Brian Hamilton".

Opinions, eh?

Gala Foxes
02-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Please don't saddle McBride with these comparisons after a couple of games - give the guy a chance.

By the way everyone knows that Hamilton's first name was not Brian, it was "For f*c^s sake " Hamilton

lyonhibs
02-08-2009, 11:19 AM
I wasn't comparing him in a bad way necessarily, just saying midfield spade work seems to be both McBride and (was) Hamilton's principal job.

And they LOOK pretty similar :greengrin

Jim44
02-08-2009, 11:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB1uf6exUOo&feature=related
They look almost identical, and are they destined to play roughly the same role?? With other players taking the plaudits (McGinlay, Murdo etc in Hamilton's days) and Zemmamma + Cregg these days (I personally think Cregg has a lot more to offer than just a "midfield grafter" that runs about a lot), will McBride play the Hamilton role??? (assuming McBride avoids the unfortunate tail-end of career comments about the comparative merits of being a postie and playing for Hibs).

By the Hamilton role I mean, generally under-appreciated by the fans, playing a pretty unglamorous role and allowing more skillful/technical players the defensive cover they require to work their magic on the ball.

GGTTH

Good video clip. I still can't believe Boli wasn't sent off for that tackle.

basehibby
02-08-2009, 12:17 PM
I haven't noticed the physical resemblance but I think he's been signed with that sort of role in mind.

But given the universal dislike that Hibbies generally have for the would be post master Hamilton I think it's an unfortunate comparison - what you mean is the Matty Jack role surely :confused:

King Paddy
02-08-2009, 10:30 PM
their is a distinct resemblance, plus a similar work ethic. I thought that after Mcbride went off injured yesterday that we lost our shape. I have a feeling that he will either be loved or hated by our support. Personally i like that type of player, and he allows the Zemma's to flourish.

Si_17
03-08-2009, 02:05 AM
Kevin McBride is *****, or so I've heard frequently for the past year from a couple of Bairns I know. Currently, I'm leaning to agreeing with them.

rainman
03-08-2009, 03:06 AM
Good video clip. I still can't believe Boli wasn't sent off for that tackle.

:agree:

Quality Hibs team and a not bad Rangers team either.

Laudrup's turn of pace at one point was frightning.

As was Kevin Harper's. :wink:

McSwanky
03-08-2009, 09:39 AM
:agree:

Quality Hibs team and a not bad Rangers team either.

Laudrup's turn of pace at one point was frightning.

As was Kevin Harper's. :wink:

That game brings back memories. Some good (e.g. Michael O'Neill, wee Kevin Harper, even wee-er Mickey Weir), some others bad (e.g. "Hibs Substitution: McGraw on for Jackson." :bitchy:)

howdenthehibby
03-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Kevin McBride is *****, or so I've heard frequently for the past year from a couple of Bairns I know. Currently, I'm leaning to agreeing with them.
well on saturday he impressed me more than cregg

blackhibee
03-08-2009, 08:12 PM
well on saturday he impressed me more than cregg

maybe they're both pish then?