PDA

View Full Version : NHC Fabian Delph - the world's gone mental

FrankDiscussion
01-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Acccording to the BBC, Man City are prepared to pay £6million for Delph. Good as he undoubtedly is, he's a League 1 player, for a team that needs all the dosh they can get.

I'm not having a go at City, because undoubtedly that's the going rate, nor the player himself, but Christ on a bike, that is a lot of money for a 19 year old lower league player.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/8143153.stm

What's your thoughts?

PISTOL1875
01-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Acccording to the BBC, Man City are prepared to pay £6million for Delph. Good as he undoubtedly is, he's a League 1 player, for a team that needs all the dosh they can get.

I'm not having a go at City, because undoubtedly that's the going rate, nor the player himself, but Christ on a bike, that is a lot of money for a 19 year old lower league player.

What's your thoughts?

This guy is meant to be the next big thing in English football.. Anybody who is decent will go for big money due to the over inflated prices that are being payed in the English market... A lot of people have being that FD will go onto big thing's in football so the big clubs are trying to get in there first.....

Randerson_4
01-08-2009, 11:15 PM
I dont think the fact he plays for a league 1 club makes that much of a difference. As has been said, this boy is just about the highest rated young English player, apart from Wilshere at Arsenal. Hes a first team player at Leeds, and due to the overinflated transfer market 6m isnt all that bad. was quoted more than that in January when he was linked with a move. Would think he would be stuck on the bench at best at Man City, so for the sake of the lads career, would hope he doesnt move to them

El Gubbz
02-08-2009, 12:42 AM
The boy is Sh*t hot on football manager, one of the best players at barca in 2014 :wink::greengrin

ronaldo7
02-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Sunday papers are quoting £10 million for him:bitchy:

libernian
02-08-2009, 10:57 AM
he looks about forty!

PeterboroHibee
02-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Hes highly rated and English, so £6 million wouldnt be too much for him in EPL terms. Hes already made a fair few first team appearances and only 19, dont think it really matters that hes at Leeds.

He would be a really good signing for Man City, they can develop him into a top player, and hes prob already as good as some of the midfielders they are paying silly money for.

stubru59
02-08-2009, 11:35 AM
A players worth is set by what potential buyers are willing to pay.

Whether any player is worth (objectively speaking) the figures quoted is another matter.

This crazy market for players will ultimately crash and when it does there are going to be a number of big time casualties.

Randerson_4
04-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Aparentely Villa have agreed a fee with Leeds for Delph. He is expected to discuss personal terms with them later today. Been speaking to a leeds fan/friend of mine who tells me this guy is the best young player he has seen for years. Could be biased but Im not sure as I have never seen this guy once

HibeeB
04-08-2009, 11:28 AM

What's your thoughts?

What did Arenal pay for Walcott?

Was it not something like £16M???

Crazy times indeed.

Keith_M
21-04-2015, 04:34 PM
So, he starred in the match against Liverpool at the weekend for Villa.

At six million pound, was he actually overrated after all?

OK, I admit it, I just wanted an excuse to resurrect the oldest thread I could find on DotNet

:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2015, 04:40 PM
So, he starred in the match against Liverpool at the weekend for Villa.

At six million pound, was he actually overrated after all?

OK, I admit it, I just wanted an excuse to resurrect the oldest thread I could find on DotNet

Reported, ye bam :-D

Keith_M
21-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Reported, ye bam :-D

Oi!

It is actually relevant, considering

Billy Whizz
21-04-2015, 04:44 PM
Some posters I remember from way back then, that I don't see on here much now

Keith_M
21-04-2015, 05:09 PM
Some posters I remember from way back then, that I don't see on here much now

:agree:

It's quite nostalgic looking through some of the old posts.

Although they only seem to go back to 2009.

Nameless
21-04-2015, 05:53 PM
Still think he is over rated...and Wiltshire is mince anaw.