PDA

View Full Version : Staying in Blackpool for Bolton game?

LancsHibs
27-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Any Hibbys staying over in Blackpool for the game?? If so going how getting to the Reebok? by train? Plenty of trains from Blackpool North station to Horwich Parkway (next to the Reebok) takes about 45-50mins.
Cant wait:thumbsup:

maturehibby
27-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Thanks for that- givescotlandfreedom and myself think this is the best option and will be talking to our group to go down this line and have a couple of days in the resort

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Any Hibbys staying over in Blackpool for the game?? If so going how getting to the Reebok? by train? Plenty of trains from Blackpool North station to Horwich Parkway (next to the Reebok) takes about 45-50mins.

I would normally,:wink: but i'm staying at boltonhibs house that weekend. My liver should be fine in a few weeks.:greengrin

LancsHibs
27-07-2009, 08:55 AM
See ya at the pub then, take care of that liver mate:wink:

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2009, 08:56 AM
See ya at the pub then, take care of that liver mate:wink:

Aye, see you at the pub. Who are you coming with?

LancsHibs
27-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Thanks for that- givescotlandfreedom and myself think this is the best option and will be talking to our group to go down this line and have a couple of days in the resort

Good idea mate, trains are regular leaving every 30 mins. Fare's about £11

LancsHibs
27-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Aye, see you at the pub. Who are you coming with?

The wife:cool2::thumbsup:

HH81
27-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Good idea mate, trains are regular leaving every 30 mins. Fare's about £11

Thats quite a big fare, Im coming from the better side of the country for about the same fare :wink:

penihibs
29-07-2009, 07:33 PM
hi,we are staying in blackpool friday&saturday,booked in to beechfield hotel near the tower and north train station.we are getting train from there at 10.45 on sat morning ,get to the beehive pub in bolton about 12.only cost £20 return for 4 of us all in.should be a great weekend.:thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
29-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Thats quite a big fare, Im coming from the better side of the country for about the same fare :wink:

It's so the Yorkies can have a one in a lifetime chance of observing civilisation. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2009, 08:03 PM
hi,we are staying in blackpool friday&saturday,booked in to beechfield hotel near the tower and north train station.we are getting train from there at 10.45 on sat morning ,get to the beehive pub in bolton about 12.only cost £20 return for 4 of us all in.should be a great weekend.:thumbsup:

I was in the beechfield for a funeral a couple of weeks ago, if its the same one that is. (hornby road) £2.80 a pint :grr:

penihibs
29-07-2009, 09:09 PM
yes thats it does it look ok, £2.80 a pint i can handle that , any decent places to go around that area on friday night? might be a few hibs about as well.

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2009, 09:22 PM
yes thats it does it look ok, £2.80 a pint i can handle that , any decent places to go around that area on friday night? might be a few hibs about as well.

What is the age of your party? The town is 5 minutes away for the young ones, and there is a working mans club 2 minutes away for the oldies.:wink:

penihibs
29-07-2009, 10:26 PM
hi, me and my mate kickin on for 50. and our two sons 17. they will prob dump us as soon as we arrive.:bye:

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2009, 10:31 PM
hi, me and my mate kickin on for 50. and our two sons 17. they will prob dump us as soon as we arrive.:bye:

Well as you come out the beechfield turn right, cross the road and first left is the stanley road social club. There's a lounge on the bottom floor, a concert room in the middle, and a games room at the top, with a couple of snooker tables. The cabaret is normally good, and worth the couple of quid entrance.
Enjoy your weekend, might see you in bolton.:thumbsup:

penihibs
29-07-2009, 10:46 PM
thanks for the advice, will try the club.might see you in the bee
hive in bolton. cheers!:dizzy:

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-07-2009, 09:32 AM
I'll be in Blackpool on the Sunday, can anyone recommend a good boozer to watch the Charity Shield game in? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2009, 10:17 AM
I'll be in Blackpool on the Sunday, can anyone recommend a good boozer to watch the Charity Shield game in? :confused:

I will be back in blackpool on the sunday, i will certainly need a hair of the dog, and will be watching it in the stanley road social club, off hornby road. You will be welcome in there if you want.:thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-07-2009, 11:15 AM
I will be back in blackpool on the sunday, i will certainly need a hair of the dog, and will be watching it in the stanley road social club, off hornby road. You will be welcome in there if you want.:thumbsup:

Cheers mate, I may well make an appearance! :thumbsup:

the happy hibee
30-07-2009, 09:53 PM

I am going down to blackpool on the wednesday staying till saturday taking my car but would like to get the train to the blacburn game any idea of train times and prices, and how far from the station at blackburn to the stadium, or would it just be better to take the car.

LancashireHibby
30-07-2009, 09:58 PM
I am going down to blackpool on the wednesday staying till saturday taking my car but would like to get the train to the blacburn game any idea of train times and prices, and how far from the station at blackburn to the stadium, or would it just be better to take the car.
Ewood is roughly a 20 minute walk from the station, but best to check trains back to Blackpool before going for that option.

the happy hibee
30-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Ewood is roughly a 20 minute walk from the station, but best to check trains back to Blackpool before going for that option.

thanks for that forgot about the train at that time of night will probably take the car

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-07-2009, 07:52 AM

I'm staying in Preston over these few days, the last train from Blackburn - Preston is 2330, don't know if you would get a connection in Preston when you arrive though.

As far as I can see the No.1 bus leaves from Blackburn Bus Station which is outside Blackburn Railway Station and passes by Ewood Park.

I hope this is of some use to people.

LancsHibs
31-07-2009, 09:44 AM
The nearest train station to Ewood Park is Mill Hill, just walk down the hill after exiting station and there's Ewood!
This station is on the Blackpool SOUTH to Colne line only. Trains leave Blackpool South at 44mins past the hour and arrive at Mill Hill at 43mins past the hour. All trains go via Preston, eg dept B'pool South 15:44>Preston 16:22>arrive Mill Hill 16:43 (hope that's not too confusing:dizzy:)

Blackburn station is quite a (depressing)walk to Ewood Park, about 30 mins, a few boozers on the way but none I would go in!

Trains back to Blackpool/Preston are the 22:27 from Mill Hill to Blackpool South, arrive 23:28 or the 22:24 to Blackpool NORTH, arrive 23:48. All trains stop at Preston

Hope this helps:greengrin

the happy hibee
31-07-2009, 11:40 AM
The nearest train station to Ewood Park is Mill Hill, just walk down the hill after exiting station and there's Ewood!
This station is on the Blackpool SOUTH to Colne line only. Trains leave Blackpool South at 44mins past the hour and arrive at Mill Hill at 43mins past the hour. All trains go via Preston, eg dept B'pool South 15:44>Preston 16:22>arrive Mill Hill 16:43 (hope that's not too confusing:dizzy:)

Blackburn station is quite a (depressing)walk to Ewood Park, about 30 mins, a few boozers on the way but none I would go in!

Trains back to Blackpool/Preston are the 22:27 from Mill Hill to Blackpool South, arrive 23:28 or the 22:24 to Blackpool NORTH, arrive 23:48. All trains stop at Preston

Thanks for the info i will try that way looking forward to the game.

LancsHibs
31-07-2009, 01:44 PM

EDIT: the 22:24 back to Blackpool North via Preston leaves from Blackburn station not Mill Hill (just noticed i missed that off)

LancsHibs
02-08-2009, 09:58 PM
FAO HibeeMcGinn1

O'Brien[11]
03-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Me and a mate staying in blackpool friday saturday, train to bolton on the saturday and then back for the saturday night in blackpool, and home sunday:thumbsup:. should be good!

Si_17
03-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Me and a couple of mates are staying in Blackpool from Friday to Monday(so we can get a day in at the Pleasure Beach on Sunday).:cool2:

maturehibby
03-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Kaimend has told me that there is a 4 day punk rocker event on in the Winter Gardens from the Wed to the Saturday that will be fun as tehy can mix it with the unwashed from the west .
Myself Calmac and Givescotlandfreedom have had a chenge of plan and have decided that we will drop anchor in Morecambe instaed and commute from there to Bolton

LancsHibs
04-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Kaimend has told me that there is a 4 day punk rocker event on in the Winter Gardens from the Wed to the Saturday that will be fun as tehy can mix it with the unwashed from the west .
Myself Calmac and Givescotlandfreedom have had a chenge of plan and have decided that we will drop anchor in Morecambe instaed and commute from there to Bolton

Go ahead punk...make my day:greengrin
Seriously tho' have you been to Morecambe recently, now a ghost town, the tourism trade died about 20 years ago with the closure of the fair and Mr.Blobbys Blobbyland theme park:faf: If you want to avoid Blackpool and want the lancashire seaside experience may I suggest Southport. Blackpool will be OK though the punks are quite a friendly lot, most of them in their 40/50's with receding mohawks:wink:

BoltonHibee
04-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Southport is brilliant and a great night out.

Morecambe as you say is a bit of a ghost town, and is more for the retired elderly person. ( There are a lot of them in Morecambe, not that that's an issue, but if its a wee bit of nightlife you are after.....it may not be there)

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2009, 10:21 AM
The punk week is fantastic, there is never any trouble, most are quite old now.:greengrin Its a good spectacle, they make a great effort with their costumes and make up. I wouldnt let it put anyone off coming, in fact its worth it just to see them.:thumbsup:

O'Brien[11]
04-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Me and a couple of mates are staying in Blackpool from Friday to Monday(so we can get a day in at the Pleasure Beach on Sunday).:cool2:

You be going to the syndicate etc?

kaimendhibs
04-08-2009, 12:03 PM

It will be fun, cant wait for the flogging molly set at the winter gardens on thurs night:greengrin:greengrin combining it with blackburn trip. not quite sure where you get the comparison from??:confused:

Jumbo
04-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Southport is brilliant and a great night out.

Morecambe as you say is a bit of a ghost town, and is more for the retired elderly person. ( There are a lot of them in Morecambe, not that that's an issue, but if its a wee bit of nightlife you are after.....it may not be there)

Old, decrepit and run down, sounds perfect for maturehibby :tee hee:

biggie1875
05-08-2009, 11:14 AM
anyone going out n blackpool after the game