PDA

View Full Version : Le Tour

CropleyWasGod
24-07-2009, 06:15 PM
No one else has posted on this, but I don't believe I am the only one interested.

After almost 3 weeks, and with "only" Mont Ventoux left to sort them out, the men of the Tour for me are:-

Wiggins..... what a transformation from track star to climber. Never in trouble until the other day.

Armstrong..... what a comeback. At his age. Nuff said.

Cavendish.... what a sprinter. 5 stage wins, with Paris to come?

Contador. El God. Unbeatable in climbing and time trialling.

Ghaax
24-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Wiggo :faf: (to quote armstrong) has been a revelation.
he will only get stronger in the mountains as the years go on - he will be a big threat by next year. Remember Vandevelde will also be much stronger next year if he is fit. Garmin also have good domestiques in Miller and Zabriskie. If they could get a couple of good climbing domestiques or a super domestique (someone equivalent to Levi Leipheimer or Frank Schleck) then they could win the tour next year. a Us team so Levi is a possibility.

Will be interesting to see who Armstrong and Bruyneel nick from Astana (assuming that Johan goes) - Leipheimer? Kloeden? Popovych?? Who will Astana get to back Contador??

Also - look at the white jersey! Schlek, Martin, Kreuziger, Feillu, Nibali and even Roche, there is plenty of talent around. Not that the likes of Contador is exactly knocking on!! Makes for good viewing over the next few years.....

Marabou Stork
26-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Good thread.

Chapeau to Contador. He's looked completely unbeatable in this tour. His TT and Climbing have both been superb.

Well done to Hushovd as well. What a ride into Le Grand Bornand. A fully deserved Maillot Vert for him. Despite Cavendish outsprinting him in the real sprints, I think Thor's shown who's the better rider.

Also, 100% agreed about the Young Rider's classification this year. Schleck, Nibali and Kreuziger will all win Grands Tours in their careers, with Feillu likely to win the King of the Mountains at some point.

Overall, it's been a fantastic tour, and after a disappointing Tour last year, hopefully there'll be more of the same next year.