PDA

View Full Version : NHC Amsterdam Tournament

Andy74
24-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Off to the Amsterdam Tournament tonight.

Two matches in a row, Sunderland v Benfica then Ajax v Atletico Madrid.

Should be a couple of good games but I'm not overly sure about sitting for two matches in a row!

Anyone been to this before or just been to the stadium - is the catering 'Hibs class' for example?

It's thunder, lightening and torrential rain here just now so the roof will come in handy to avoid any Raith type problem!

Ritchie
24-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Off to the Amsterdam Tournament tonight.

Two matches in a row, Sunderland v Benfica then Ajax v Atletico Madrid.

Should be a couple of good games but I'm not overly sure about sitting for two matches in a row!

Anyone been to this before or just been to the stadium - is the catering 'Hibs class' for example?

It's thunder, lightening and torrential rain here just now so the roof will come in handy to avoid any Raith type problem!

i've been but it was for white sensation the dance festival and not football.

you have to put money on a card which you use to buy food & drink, icluding bevvy.

the stadium isnt a scratch on ER though.... :devil:

Onceinawhile
24-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Been to the stadium twice, its bucking awesome!

Wish I was going to see SLB, I hope they gub everyone!

Andy74
24-07-2009, 10:31 AM
i've been but it was for white sensation the dance festival and not football.

you have to put money on a card which you use to buy food & drink, icluding bevvy.

the stadium isnt a scratch on ER though.... :devil:

I presume the card thing is available when you get in there?

Amsterdam in general is strange with their approach to payments!

Ritchie
24-07-2009, 10:49 AM
I presume the card thing is available when you get in there?

Amsterdam in general is strange with their approach to payments!

there are machines in the stadium which you put money in and then they give you a card

Randerson_4
24-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Anyone know if the tourney is on tv? Usually on Sky, but seems sky have got Wembley then Emirates sem to be on instead. Cheers

Albanian Hibs
24-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Smart stadium, been there before for the Scotland matches.

Keith_M
24-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Smart stadium, been there before for the Scotland matches.

Oh no, you're not one of those TA ars*h*les that flashes your ars* and pees in fountains are you?

:wink:

:offski:

Baw187
24-07-2009, 04:55 PM
there are machines in the stadium which you put money in and then they give you a card

Is it not the standard Chipnik card they make you use in the vending machines over there?

I'm out there working every now and then and unless you have a Chipnick card, you can't get any scran in our office. Apart from train ticket machines, I've not worked out anywhere else that takes the *****ers as payment !!

Andy74
27-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Is it not the standard Chipnik card they make you use in the vending machines over there?

I'm out there working every now and then and unless you have a Chipnick card, you can't get any scran in our office. Apart from train ticket machines, I've not worked out anywhere else that takes the *****ers as payment !!

Nah, it was an Arena Card, worked well, quick and easy payment when you get to the counter. It's amazing how quickly a 20 Euro card runs down when you can take beer to your seat and you have 2 games to watch!

What a stadium though, great set up from the train connections to all the facilities in the concourse.

I'd expected a few more fans in the stadium though, I had thoguht this was pretty well attended and that i might struggle to get a ticket for it but it was probably half full.

On to Dublin tonight. Slight change of stadium quality from Friday night!

heretoday
27-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Not bothered about pre-season games but I wouldn't mind going to Amsterdamster!

Phil D. Rolls
13-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Not bothered about pre-season games but I wouldn't mind going to Amsterdamster!

Prices are just getting silly, not helped by the state of the pound v. the Euro.

Typical city centre prices are 6 euros for a pint, 8 Euros for Bacardi and Coke. My advice is shop around.

Even outisde the centre (I was staying in De Pijp), it was 4.50 for a pint, 12 Euros for fish and chips in a pub.

What I don't get is that Bacardi is 10 Euros a bottle in the supermarkets. They are marking up a lot more than British bars are.

The football was good though (I am reliably informed).

Ritchie
13-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Nah, it was an Arena Card, worked well, quick and easy payment when you get to the counter. It's amazing how quickly a 20 Euro card runs down when you can take beer to your seat and you have 2 games to watch!

What a stadium though, great set up from the train connections to all the facilities in the concourse.

I'd expected a few more fans in the stadium though, I had thoguht this was pretty well attended and that i might struggle to get a ticket for it but it was probably half full.

On to Dublin tonight. Slight change of stadium quality from Friday night!

how did that go for you Andy??? :devil: