PDA

View Full Version : the season ahead

andyhibs
11-07-2009, 08:31 PM
new manager, new signings, players away, are you excited for the season ahead,if i am honest i would hope for a couple more sighnings to really get the juices flowing:rolleyes: cheers

The_Todd
11-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Even if Mixu were still here I'd vote yes.

I love a new season, me.

H18sry
11-07-2009, 08:35 PM
ALWAYS DO :agree:

andyhibs
11-07-2009, 08:35 PM

I love a new season, me.
you romantic you:greengrin

Sir David Gray
11-07-2009, 08:50 PM
At this precise moment, I think the best we can hope for is better football being on show every week. I'm not certain that our squad, as it is right now, is capable of mounting a challenge for 3rd or even 4th.

With the loss of Fletcher and Jones, we are significantly weaker than we were last season, although the anticipated return of Zemmama will hopefully strengthen our midfield.

We need a goalkeeper who is capable of being our first choice, a new centre half, full backs on both sides, a right sided midfielder and possibly another striker.

If we can make those signings (particularly a CH, RM and a LB) then I think 3rd place should be an attainable target.

Mibbes Aye
11-07-2009, 09:00 PM

I love a new season, me.

:agree: Me too.

Always so much potential. And I've lost count of the number of great starts to a season we've had.

On the other hand the last season I remember us getting steadily and steadily better was 98-99 in the First :confused: :greengrin

ChrissyG1875
11-07-2009, 09:52 PM
At this precise moment, I think the best we can hope for is better football being on show every week. I'm not certain that our squad, as it is right now, is capable of mounting a challenge for 3rd or even 4th.

With the loss of Fletcher and Jones, we are significantly weaker than we were last season, although the anticipated return of Zemmama will hopefully strengthen our midfield.

We need a goalkeeper who is capable of being our first choice, a new centre half, full backs on both sides, a right sided midfielder and possibly another striker.

If we can make those signings (particularly a CH, RM and a LB) then I think 3rd place should be an attainable target.

You could say that but i'd say that Benji is better than Fletcher so for me Jones has been the only BIG loss.

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2009, 09:59 PM
You could say that but i'd say that Benji is better than Fletcher so for me Jones has been the only BIG loss.

One's playing in the EPL and the other is where exactly?:confused:

Sir David Gray
11-07-2009, 10:18 PM

Benji is POTENTIALLY as good as Fletcher, possibly better in terms of a goalscoring threat, but unless he adopts a completely different mindset to the one that he had when he was last with us, his contribution will be nothing in comparison to Steven Fletcher.

basehibby
12-07-2009, 01:08 AM
I'm happy that Yogi is the right man for the job and I'm looking forward to seeing Benji and Zemama grace the green and white again. Also I'm happy to see the midfield beefed up although Creg, Galbraith and McBride are still unknown quantities for me.
At the same time we've just sold two of our most influential players in Fletcher and Jones - these guys played a big part for us last season and we'll need some real quality coming in if we're to move forward - or even just to stand still!
I'll always look forward to a new season with anticipation but Rod will have to unlock the golden chains from the chequebook quite a bit more yet before I'll get really excited :cool2:

offshorehibby
12-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Benji is POTENTIALLY as good as Fletcher, possibly better in terms of a goalscoring threat, but unless he adopts a completely different mindset to the one that he had when he was last with us, his contribution will be nothing in comparison to Steven Fletcher.

Brnji's a nob and will prove again in the next few months he's a nob.

Anyway back to original ?
I always look forward anticipation and expectations that a new season brings.

LancsHibs
12-07-2009, 08:16 AM
Was up with the appointment of Yogi and the players he has released/blocked arriving, then uninspired by his signings so far, now down with the players sold. Will be up again as the season approaches and further new signings made!:dizzy:

Winston Ingram
12-07-2009, 09:38 AM
I am very excited about this season.

We already have a very good squad, better than most.

The only reason this squad performed badly was down to the fact our manager was an idiot

BEEJ
12-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Was up with the appointment of Yogi and the players he has released/blocked arriving, then uninspired by his signings so far, now down with the players sold. Will be up again as the season approaches and further new signings made!:dizzy:
Similar here.

Although Yogi wouldn't have been my choice, he will be a huge improvement on Mixu and to that extent his was by far the most important signing of the summer.

Player dealings were going along well until the signing of McBride (question mark over that one, but we'll see) and the departure of Jones (probably inevitable but a downer nonetheless).

On balance our prospects are much more positive as we stand just now. But much will depend on the remaining transfer activity over the next seven weeks, both in and out.

Expecting Rain
12-07-2009, 10:08 AM
At this point i have mixed feelings about next season, at the very least we should be more organised and with the introduction perhaps of a couple of experienced players we should have a better balance but what we may lose with the loss of Szamo,Jones and Fletcher worries me.

The_Todd
13-07-2009, 10:09 AM
A few more weeks of pre-season should have a few more Yes votes.

Even if we were in the 3rd division and in administration I'd be excited. Preseason kills me.

Russian Hibs Fan
13-07-2009, 10:34 AM
A couple of singings please. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
13-07-2009, 10:56 AM
A couple of singings please. :agree:

Whats new pussycat, woo oo wooo o o.
and
Crazy little thing called love, there goes my baby, she knows how to rock and roll.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-07-2009, 11:23 AM
I am excited enough to renew and that was never on the cards if we had not seen a change in manager. I will take sixth place again and hopefully better showings in the cup than the capitulations we seen last year. Decent fitba' for the first time in ages.

Russian Hibs Fan
13-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Whats new pussycat, woo oo wooo o o.
and
Crazy little thing called love, there goes my baby, she knows how to rock and roll.

Queen song? very good choice! But on what drugs you are now if you post this in a Hibs topic?

Oh, and btw, how is your beloved Blackpool FC are doing?

blackpoolhibs
13-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Queen song? very good choice! But on what drugs you are now if you post this in a Hibs topic?

:faf:

Russian Hibs Fan
13-07-2009, 01:04 PM
:faf:

I have always new that when if you are on drugs you are laughing even if you re looking stupid.

Hibs7
13-07-2009, 01:06 PM

Well you did ask for a couple of SINGings rather than signings :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
13-07-2009, 01:06 PM
I have always new that when if you are on drugs you are laughing even if you re looking stupid.

Thats me. :faf: 34-2=32

LancsHibs
13-07-2009, 01:07 PM

"Gary is a tangarene, tangarene, tangerene...." Tower Power, Up the 'Pool :devil::faf:

blackpoolhibs
13-07-2009, 01:21 PM
"Gary is a tangarene, tangarene, tangerene...." Tower Power, Up the 'Pool :devil::faf:

I'm glad all over you said that.:wink:

Russian Hibs Fan
13-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Well you did ask for a couple of SINGings rather than signings :greengrin

Well, I think, that we need SINGINGS as well! :greengrin Sorry my English is letting me down again...

Hibs7
13-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Well, I think, that we need SINGINGS as well! :greengrin Sorry my English is letting me down again...
No worries all good fun on the hibbies board :greengrin

basehibby
21-08-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm happy that Yogi is the right man for the job and I'm looking forward to seeing Benji and Zemama grace the green and white again. Also I'm happy to see the midfield beefed up although Creg, Galbraith and McBride are still unknown quantities for me.
At the same time we've just sold two of our most influential players in Fletcher and Jones - these guys played a big part for us last season and we'll need some real quality coming in if we're to move forward - or even just to stand still!
I'll always look forward to a new season with anticipation but Rod will have to unlock the golden chains from the chequebook quite a bit more yet before I'll get really excited :cool2:

I thought I'd drag up this old poll because with the signing of Stokes I've changed my mind and am now starting to get officially EXCITED!
:woohoo::partyhibb:woohoo: