PDA

View Full Version : Yams HMRC - Still Investigating The Yams (Merged)?

Pages : [1] 2

Sergey
05-07-2009, 10:01 PM
They're seemingly still looking at the accounts for the last 2-3 years dealings.

Their accountants are refusing to comment (despite numerous reminders) :wink:.

Them's the Vagaries.

RoYO!
05-07-2009, 10:03 PM
source?

Sergey
05-07-2009, 10:25 PM
source?

Yes. Brown, please!

degenerated
06-07-2009, 10:23 AM
They're seemingly still looking at the accounts for the last 2-3 years dealings.

Them's the Vagaries.

:singing: you may have to rescue me, from limestone quarries frequently :singing:

:hijack: again, by the use of HMHB lyrics :greengrin

Mon1875
06-07-2009, 11:22 AM

Them's the Vagaries.

I quite believe this. HMRC are like pitbulls. They don't let go.

:greengrin

MB62
06-07-2009, 11:55 AM
I quite believe this. HMRC are like pitbulls. They don't let go.

Then there should be plenty for them to get their teeth into with this one.

Although as no sauce has been revealed, it is probably another non story dreamt up by a hobo. :wink:

CropleyWasGod
06-07-2009, 11:58 AM

Them's the Vagaries.

Not doubting you, Sergey, but I would be interested in your source either.

From a purely professional interest, of course :devil:

Mon1875
06-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Maybe Vlad's keeping a bit of dosh in the bank account referred to here

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=54832

just in case he can't meet the bill!

jgl07
08-07-2009, 02:27 PM
This seems to have surfaced on Kickback.

The poster claimed that a petition was lodged yesterday by HM Inland Revenue v Heart of Midlothian PLC.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55004

Peevemor
08-07-2009, 02:35 PM

The poster claimed that a petition was lodged yesterday by HM Inland Revenue v Heart of Midlothian PLC.

:******:

CropleyWasGod
08-07-2009, 02:37 PM

That would be separate from the investigation, which is ongoing. The petition will probably be for unpaid debts.

As an aside, the woman in HMRC who spilt the beans on the previous action should get her jotters. (which is also one of the reasons I was interested in the source for the OP).

PaulSmith
08-07-2009, 02:46 PM
any chance of a copy and paste onto here from KB?

matty_f
08-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Noticed this wonderful piece of irony.

I am sure it will all be sorted out whether the courts have to step in or not. Maybe shouldn't have come this far but it has.

As for the wee mob from Leith - anything negative about us is on par for them of winning the big cup. Their biggest success is our failure.

They should stick to signing Falkirk frees and looking forward to the return of total football.

108 years!! :trumpet:

jgl07
08-07-2009, 03:07 PM
"OK, we all know that talk of cases being raised always flutter around.

All I know is a petition HM Inland Revenue v Heart of Midlothian PLC was lodged yesterday, don't know the finer details but I could find out.

Don't ask where I work
Or how I know, neither can be disclosed on here.

It will no doubt be for something we will cough up for before the case gets anywhere near court but thought I would share the info."

CropleyWasGod
08-07-2009, 03:08 PM

This is one....

Cropleywasaco*k - you are a ******. Move on.

I am finally named on the Big Team's site!! I am beside myself with glee. Now, if I could only work out what the asterisks stand for :confused:

bighairyfaeleith
08-07-2009, 03:12 PM
This is one....

I am finally named on the Big Team's site!! I am beside myself with glee. Now, if I could only work out what the asterisks stand for :confused:

it stands for

Cropleywasaco*k - you are a ******.Move on.

CropleyWasGod
08-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Love this one:-

"Seemingly football clubs pay NI & tax every other year as a lump sum or at dates pre-agreed by HMRC but we failed to meet our payments when due."

Oh really? I'm sitting here wondering how many of my clients would LOVE to have that sort of arrangement with the Revenue.

It must be a big company thing. "19th of every month without fail? Wee businesses only, mate." :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
08-07-2009, 03:13 PM
it stands for

Cropleywasaco*k - you are a ******.Move on.

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that one up.

poolman
08-07-2009, 03:17 PM
This is one....

There should be rosettes or something handed out for getting named on the Yam site

They dont like it up em Sir, they dont like it up em

bighairyfaeleith
08-07-2009, 03:20 PM
There should be rosettes or something handed out for getting named on the Yam site

They dont like it up em Sir, they dont like it up em

Actually I think they do, they just don't like to admit it

damn, no yam in the closet smilie, FFS petrie get it sorted!!!!!! :grr:

PaulSmith
08-07-2009, 03:23 PM
"OK, we all know that talk of cases being raised always flutter around.

All I know is a petition HM Inland Revenue v Heart of Midlothian PLC was lodged yesterday, don't know the finer details but I could find out.

Don't ask where I work
Or how I know, neither can be disclosed on here.

It will no doubt be for something we will cough up for before the case gets anywhere near court but thought I would share the info."

Don't the petitions appear on the Scottish Courts web pages, had a quick scan and cant find anything

Mibbes Aye
08-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Credit to Vlad and his team. They've more or less kept the plates spinning long enough that the spineless halfwits over there have stopped questioning things like why their debts remain astronomical, or why they get told to shut it when they ask what happened to millions of their club's money.

As the plates start to fall there's going to be an almighty scramble over there as they reverse gears and try and backtrack on how utterly imbecilic they've been with their "If we close our eyes, it's not really happening" mindset though.

Mon the HMRC. Gie them it tight. :agree:

Sergey
08-07-2009, 03:30 PM
It looks like I've found a reliable new source :smug:

IWasThere2016
08-07-2009, 03:31 PM

:thumbsup:

Tick Tock :bye:

spudgun
08-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Just had a look at the Court of Session Rolls for today and the only case concerning HMFC I could see was this:-

4. Steven Coquhoun v Heart of Midlothian plc Andersons Solictors LLP

No idea what it's about though. :Ummm:

Hank Schrader
08-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Noticed this wonderful piece of irony.

Originally Posted by H.A.N.S
I am sure it will all be sorted out whether the courts have to step in or not. Maybe shouldn't have come this far but it has.

As for the wee mob from Leith - anything negative about us is on par for them of winning the big cup. Their biggest success is our failure.

They should stick to signing Falkirk frees and looking forward to the return of total football.

108 years!! :trumpet:

What an absolute and utter ring :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
08-07-2009, 03:55 PM

Aye, one who (a) canny get the Revenue's name right and (b) calls herself Sharon Stone and then puts up a pic of some other burd.

Attention seeker or what? :rolleyes:

degenerated
08-07-2009, 04:22 PM

it'll be interesting to see what spin dexter puts on this. it's that time of year when there's a couple of new strips and season tickets with his name on them, i'm sure.

degenerated
08-07-2009, 04:25 PM
This is one....

you need to work harder on this PTBCAL isn't really one of the big hitters over there :greengrin. he's just a ringpiece that pretends to be in the know about certain things, i think he's dating one of the players :agree:

Barney McGrew
08-07-2009, 04:26 PM
it'll be interesting to see what spin dexter puts on this

He'll put whatever spin he's told to put on it by the club.

As per usual.

--------
08-07-2009, 04:30 PM
According to Gambo (post #4) they raised some cash for kids in Bosnia 2 years ago, and Vlad said he would match the total so they could send it off.

But he hasn't been heard from since, and the cash is still in HBoS (that'll be right - more like in Ally Dear's trousies pocket, I'd say) gathering dust.

Meanwhile, the Bosnian kids who were supposed to benefit are a' either grown up or deid....

Couldnae organise a beerfest in a brewery, that lot.

degenerated
08-07-2009, 04:33 PM
According to Gambo (post #4) they raised some cash for kids in Bosnia 2 years ago, and Vlad said he would match the total so they could send it off.

But he hasn't been heard from since, and the cash is still in HBoS (that'll be right - more like in Ally Dear's trousies pocket, I'd say) gathering dust.

Meanwhile, the Bosnian kids who were supposed to benefit are a' either grown up or deid....

Couldnae organise a beerfest in a brewery, that lot.

so it's not just pensioners in bosnia that he's ripped off then.

StevieC
08-07-2009, 05:25 PM

I remember some Hearts fan contacting me about that at the time, based on my Dnipro Kids involvement.

The idea was to bring a handful of kids over to Scotland and it was apparently Vlad himself that had the idea to choose Bosnian kids.

I offered them a bit of advise at the time but tried to explain that the cost of bringing kids here would not be cost effective.

I felt at the time that, whilst it was probably a genuine enough idea, it was a bit of a PR exercise (similar to the way McRae's has gone) and that I didn't feel comfortable about it.

JT Fae The Toon
16-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Just had a look at the Court of Session Rolls for today and the only case concerning HMFC I could see was this:-

4. Steven Coquhoun v Heart of Midlothian plc Andersons Solictors LLP

No idea what it's about though. :Ummm:

That's the guy that chucked his ST at Phil Anderton some years ago - probably suing to get it back? He used to post as WilyBoo.

marinello59
16-07-2009, 04:07 PM
That's the guy that chucked his ST at Phil Anderton some years ago - probably suing to get it back? He used to post as WilyBoo.

More likely to be suing because he DID get it back.:greengrin

down the slope
16-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Looks like the yams have coughed up £1.37 million to the tax man so sayeth keekback, that's the end of Stephen Hughs meethinks !.

Hibs07p
16-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Looks like the yams have coughed up £1.37 million to the tax man so sayeth keekback, that's the end of Stephen Hughs meethinks !.

That's a fair chunk of the season ticket money used up before a ball is kicked!

Dashing Bob S
16-07-2009, 05:01 PM

"Like a £1.37 m new signing." -Dexter

Unfortunately for us though. S******, s******.

CyberSauzee
16-07-2009, 05:53 PM
"Like a £1.37 m new signing." -Dexter

Unfortunately for us though. S******, s******.

This is the second time in 9 or so months that HMRC has had to take court action under the Insolvency Act to get monies due to them.

You would think that after letting it happen once, and knowing that a further payment is due, you would just pay it without the need to incur extra costs in court charges. But then common sense disappeared from that side of the city a long time ago.

Dashing Bob S
16-07-2009, 05:57 PM
This is the second time in 9 or so months that HMRC has had to take court action under the Insolvency Act to get monies due to them.

You would think that after letting it happen once, and knowing that a further payment is due, you would just pay it without the need to incur extra costs in court charges. But then common sense disappeared from that side of the city a long time ago.

I think they're too desperate. I wonder if that's the Berra dosh or the advance ST monies *****ed away?

Kato
16-07-2009, 06:35 PM
common sense disappeared from that side of the city a long time ago.

Yup - Circa 1874.

greenginger
16-07-2009, 07:10 PM

Over on Kickback they are congratulating each other on earning interest on the £1.37 million by making a late payment to the HMRC.

Also,they are confident that any money due was allowed for in their accounts.
Page 20 of their accounts confirmed an HMRC investigation was ongoing and that there was "no indication of the extent of any potential liability".

Deluded since 1874.

Bostonhibby
16-07-2009, 07:29 PM
If only we were a big team with mega banking knowledge and backing, we could get ourselves into this impressive strong position like the professionals do. Had to laugh at the interest point though. Know for a fact that the revenue impose penalties on late payers and also there could well be legal costs. Doubt they would get more than 1 or 2 % p.a on their money if indeed they had it - more likely waiting for some to come in so they could pay.

Still move along now, nothing to see here........

Merchant bankers, the lot of them.

hibbybrian
16-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Doubt they would get more than 1 or 2 % p.a on their money if indeed they had it - more likely waiting for some to come in so they could pay.

Still move along now, nothing to see here........

but you forget that the money will offset the interest they are paying for the debt to Ukios bankass at much more than 2% :greengrin

Still move along now, nothing to see here.......

Bostonhibby
16-07-2009, 07:58 PM
but you forget that the money will offset the interest they are paying for the debt to Ukios bankass at much more than 2% :greengrin

Still move along now, nothing to see here.......

:agree:Aye, right enough silly me, and I am sure they are playing the money markets with the cash they are holding as well so it all mounts up. When it comes to actually syphoning it off though, I am not so sure how the pound is doing against the Lituanian Goat, or whatever the unit of exchange is.

lapsedhibee
16-07-2009, 08:15 PM
If only we were a big team with mega banking knowledge and backing, we could get ourselves into this impressive strong position like the professionals do. Had to laugh at the interest point though. Know for a fact that the revenue impose penalties on late payers and also there could well be legal costs. Doubt they would get more than 1 or 2 % p.a on their money if indeed they had it - more likely waiting for some to come in so they could pay.

HMRC also charges interest (http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/rates/interest-late.htm) on late payment of tax. If the £1.37m covers a period going back two years, some of that interest charged may be at a rate of 8.5% :faf:

8.5% of £1.37m is £319 a day. Lucky Vlad is a financial genius, otherwise the yams would be running short of money by now. :agree:

hibbybrian
16-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Lucky Vlad is a financial genius, otherwise the yams would be running short of money by now. :agree:

dinnie be daft - how can a mint run out of money :greengrin

Sergey
16-07-2009, 08:40 PM

It was commonly known that the Yams defaulted on a payment due to HMRC at the tail-end of last year. The amount then was £1.2m. This was "a due payment" and may not have been full and final settlement of monies due. The Berra sale paid this and left them with a few quid to send to Lithuania.

6 months have since elapsed and today another similar figure has been paid to HMRC. We could surmise that the £1.37m coughed up is another £1.2m installment, + costs and interest. Again, there is no indication that this is full and final payment, nor is it reported that HMRC have concluded their investigation. The season ticket income for 09/10 paid todays bill.

I'd imagine that as of today, they have exceded their £40m agreed debt level.

Caversham Green
16-07-2009, 09:40 PM
I think there are two separate issues here.

The investigation - This was serious enough to warrant a mention in the accounts, but as of 8th April, no liability had been determined and no provision was made for it in the last set of accounts. That means it certainly would not have got to the stage of a winding up petition already. HMRC investigations can go on for years (a colleague concluded one recently that had taken more than five years) and it's impossible to assess the impact of this one on the information available.

The debt - The acounts showed a liability of £1.386m at 31 July 2008. This is on the high side, but not far off what you would expect for ongoing PAYE/VAT costs. However, it would not take much less than a year for HMRC to get angry enough to raise a WU petition, so it would not surprise me if the amount they were chasing is included in that debt. This also ties in with what Sergey says in that the default that came to light at the tail-end of last year would have been outstanding for a number of months prior to that. Interest and late payment penalties would accrue on the debt so there is no saving in failing to pay it on time.

One final point is that wherever possible HMRC allocate payments received against the earliest debt first, so the fact that this liability has been outstanding for long enough to produce a WU petition suggests that HOMFC have made no subsequent payments to HMRC and still owe PAYE and VAT for a number of months. I don't think the Revenue saw any of the Berra money.

Skynet
16-07-2009, 10:09 PM
You may laugh and scoff.

However, Hearts have never went bust in 135 years and will not be going to the wall anytime soon, sorry to burst your little bubble.

Hibs went bust in 1892 and nearly went bust again in the 1990's, as you all know well if it hadn't have been for Wallace Mercer's intrest, Hibs would cease to exist.

I'd never like to see Hibs go bust, ever, I enjoy the rivalry too much, I enjoy the banter too much.

We compete every season to see who will finish above each other. It is that competitiveness that keeps us on top of our game, it raises the bar and thats how it should be.

Would Hibs fans really like Hearts to go bust?
Would you not miss the drubbings, the agony of watching Hearts lifting a cup (twice in a decade) which you haven't won since the turn of the 'last' century?

You lot have been tick, tocking us for the last 4 years, your dream has yet to come true.

Do you wish Hearts to implode because you cannot handle being the competition?

Do you somehow feel that if Hearts weren't here, that Hibs would become a better team?

The truth is both clubs need each other to compete against just like the Old Firm need each other, otherwise the bar drops.

I one day hope to see the day when Hearts are winning the treble and Hibs are finishing second place in the league and are runners-up in two cup finals.

:hnet:

lapsedhibee
16-07-2009, 10:14 PM

Yes, that's it. :agree:

Peevemor
16-07-2009, 10:15 PM
You may laugh and scoff.

However, Hearts have never went bust in 135 years and will not be going to the wall anytime soon, sorry to burst your little bubble.

Hibs went bust in 1892 and nearly went bust again in the 1990's, as you all know well if it hadn't have been for Wallace Mercer's intrest, Hibs would cease to exist.

I'd never like to see Hibs go bust, ever, I enjoy the rivalry too much, I enjoy the banter too much.

We compete every season to see who will finish above each other. It is that competitiveness that keeps us on top of our game, it raises the bar and thats how it should be.

Would you not miss the drubbings, the agony of watching Hearts lifting a cup (twice in a decade) which you haven't won since the turn of the 'last' century?

You lot have been tick, tocking us for the last 4 years, your dream has yet to come true.

Do you somehow feel that if Hearts weren't here, that Hibs would become a better team?

The truth is both clubs need each other to compete against just like the Old Firm need each other, otherwise the bar drops.

I one day hope to see the day when Hearts are winning the treble and Hibs are finishing second place in the league and are runners-up in two cup finals.

How do you know?

And have HoMoFC ever had debt in excess of 5 times their annual turnover (including the debt for equity swap)?

I one day hope to see the day (sic) when you naff off and give us peace. :bye:

Peevemor
16-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Yes, that's it. :agree:

Indubitably :agree:

Caversham Green
16-07-2009, 10:43 PM
You may laugh and scoff.

Sadly, you've decided to leave us, so you won't be replying to this. I'm intrigued at the idea that Hearts will not go bust because they haven't in the past. Surely that is true of any company that "goes bust".

The truth is that they are already bust, and by a long way. They are being propped up by an organisation that withheld its own accounts from the auditors for reasons I can only guess at. They have been on the verge of administration at least six times in the last 18 months only to be rescued at the last minute by their parent. On current evidence they have no hope of trading their way out of the hole they're in, so what is the alternative?

You point out that Hibs "went bust" once and nearly did so a second time. Bigger clubs than Hearts and Hibs have gone into administration in the past and will undoubtedly do so again in the future. I wonder why you think Hearts are somehow immune from it all.

Kato
16-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Hearts have went bust before - once maybe twice. They were kicked out the SFA for professionalism (cheats) sometime in the early 1890's amnd couldn't make ends meet for a while. Even earlier the original HoMFC "ceased functioning" and the name was resurrected by Four Toed Jake and some other "ballroom dancers" (think that was rhyming slang to tell the truth.

Danderhall Hibs
17-07-2009, 09:44 AM
the agony of watching Hearts lifting a cup (twice in a decade)

Twice in 2 decades or 3 times in a hundred years. Whichever suits best.

Stats are barry.

Mibbes Aye
17-07-2009, 12:30 PM

Stats are barry.

Which is also Nade's goalscoring record, funnily enough......

bighairyfaeleith
17-07-2009, 12:37 PM
You may laugh and scoff.

Keep hoping fuddly :faf:

Admins: was his email address stevie@fail.com?

KeithTheHibby
17-07-2009, 12:48 PM

This one would and the sooner the better - all things Yam disgust me, especially the name and the colour.:bye:

Big Frank
17-07-2009, 01:04 PM

Stats are barry.
:faf::faf::top marks

paul1966
30-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Just saw the cover of the Evening News and it says the taxman has been at court to recover money due, could be administration for them

Phil D. Rolls
30-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Just saw the cover of the Evening News and it says the taxman has been at court to recover money due, could be administration for them

Oh come on! Vlad is the richest man in the world. It's surely another glitch isn't it?

Anyway I'll get the full story when I buy a paper - I'm away out to buy some sweet potatoes anyway.

jgl07
30-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Oh dear.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Trouble-at-Hearts-as-tax.5507979.jp

And to think they are still talking about signing a £1 million striker.

GordonR
30-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Must be an administrative glitch. I just got a pretty nice rebate from the IR - turned out I'd paid them too much in tax in previous years, and they were paying it back to me.

I expect something similar will be going in with the jambos. :fibber:

poolman
30-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Oh come on! Vlad is the richest man in the world. It's surely another glitch isn't it?

Anyway I'll get the full story when I buy a paper - I'm away out to buy some sweet potatoes anyway.

Yam off then :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
30-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Oh dear.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Trouble-at-Hearts-as-tax.5507979.jp

And to think they are still talking about signing a £1 million striker.

Chairman of the Hearts Supporters Trust, Derek Watson said: "For many years Hearts under different regimes have always paid bills at the last minute and I think most people know that, so it would have to go a bit further before people got worried – they're used to it by now."

:hilarious

This in the article followed by "non-story" comments. How stupid and blinkered are they?

Craig_in_Prague
30-07-2009, 10:21 AM
You may laugh and scoff.

Not for much longer :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
30-07-2009, 10:25 AM
You may laugh and scoff.

Bit harsh binning this bloke. We could have had a bit of fun - what's happened the SSPCA been on the phone again?

Anyway, IIRC Hearts did go bust right at the start, and had to be bailed out by St Andrew's FC, hence the saltire on their badge. Of course no-one can say for certain when this was, as records were a bit dodgy. Plus ca change....

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2009, 10:26 AM
I loved this quote from farty foulkes.

Most fans have always had mixed feelings about Romanov, but he has given (manager] Csaba Laszlo a relatively free hand to choose players and pick the team.

I wonder if this will catch on, and teams like hibs will adopt it in the future?

poolman
30-07-2009, 10:27 AM

This in the article followed by "non-story" comments. How stupid and blinkered are they?

Here's another blinkered choob :faf:

1 jordijammo,Edinburgh 30/07/2009 10:19:06
Ah the good old "Hearts in Financial Trouble" story dredged out by the Hobo editors when things look gloomy down ****** Road and not so gloomy at Tynecastle. How come it's always an un-named spokesperson they speak to at Financial Institutions? - Do the journos really speak to these people or just the voices in their heads? Must be another slow news day. Glad I don't pay for this rubbish.

Things are "gloomy" at ER and not so "gloomy" at the pink hut :faf:

Maybe he's been on his hols and not kept up with their pre-season shambles :faf:

DaveF
30-07-2009, 10:27 AM

There's nothing else they can do but laugh it off, cross their fingers and hope for the best.

The Hearts spokeman's comments where he\she\it tries to tar every other club with the same brush is typical yammish PR, but the sheep will lap that bull**** right up :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
30-07-2009, 10:32 AM

Ah the good old "Hearts in Financial Trouble" story dredged out by the Hobo editors when things look gloomy down ****** Road and not so gloomy at Tynecastle. How come it's always an un-named spokesperson they speak to at Financial Institutions? - Do the journos really speak to these people or just the voices in their heads? Must be another slow news day. Glad I don't pay for this rubbish.

Maybe he's been on his hols and not kept up with their pre-season shambles :faf:

Hearts owe money to themselves (and paying money late is what all big companies do), jeez :rolleyes:

hibs0666
30-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Looks like the immediate future of that club again rests with this completely non-transparent entitity UBIG and it's ability to readily access cash.

I'm just glad it's not us.

IWasThere2016
30-07-2009, 10:35 AM
TICK TOCK .. :bye:

Phil D. Rolls
30-07-2009, 10:37 AM
I think this whole thing is a tragedy I really do. Football fans follow their club and show unswerving loyalty. This goes to the extent that when the owner rips them off and puts the thing they love the most in danger they still back him to the hilt.

The Yams trying to defend him are like characters from Chicken Licken, or the Emperors new clothes. They are too **** scared to face the reality that they have shut out for so long. Instead they come up with increasingly bizarre stories as to why everyone is out to get them.

In the scheme of things, this Revenue story is typical Hearts. They have avoided paying bills for as long as I can remember. What is really pathetic is the way the strut around like they are a rich club, when in fact the only thing the only big money they have is their debt.

If only they could take a reality check, they would see they are well and truly Donald Ducked, and there is no way out of this for them. But no, they'll still be shouting "conspiracy" and "jealousy" when the bulldozers move in and level Tynecastle.

Hearts fans have got it all wrong. People don't dislike them because of their success, it's their delusions and deceit that stick in my craw.

Liberal Hibby
30-07-2009, 10:43 AM
The way I'm reading it is that they have agreed a payment plan with HMRC for their tax liability and have missed one or more payments. Having done so the whole liability becomes payable.

It's like the Council Tax - you get to pay it in monthly installments, but if you default you have to pay the whole year in one go.

Or have I got this wrong?

If so - how much are Hearts liable for and won't it take up most of their season ticket revenue?

Sprouleflyer
30-07-2009, 10:57 AM
The way I'm reading it is that they have agreed a payment plan with HMRC for their tax liability and have missed one or more payments. Having done so the whole liability becomes payable.

It's like the Council Tax - you get to pay it in monthly installments, but if you default you have to pay the whole year in one go.

If so - how much are Hearts liable for and won't it take up most of their season ticket revenue?

Hence the reason they have been scouring holiday resorts for players and not paying a penny for them.

Phil D. Rolls
30-07-2009, 11:00 AM

If they fall short, they could also start selling tickets for all this season's games in advance. As if!

brog
30-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Their self delusion is astonishing, one tube with inside info advises us the bill was paid a couple of weeks ago. Aye right, that's why HMRC went to court this week.
There's a common fraud, known as carryover, or teeming & lading, where you basically divert funds for your own use but use advance monies paid to ( apparently ) keep the books straight. Its always intended as a short term loan until the perpetrator receives funds & can then pay them back without anyone being aware of the " loan". Of course it never happens, the value owed grows larger by the day & the perpetrator has an exploding heid trying to balance the books. Finally the music stops, the gap in the accounts is apparent & the perpetrator usually does a runner.
Watch this space! :wink:

Sprouleflyer
30-07-2009, 11:03 AM
If they fall short, they could also start selling tickets for all this season's games in advance. As if!

Or play Rangers at Easter Road!

Baader
30-07-2009, 11:04 AM
If this was us I think we'd all be a lot more concerned than the typical Yammish laissez faire attitude of 'it's alright, it's what we always do.' The club has a debt of £30 MILLION POUNDS FFS yet their fans just cannae be ar$ed - too busy boycotting The Scotsman or playing the fiddle about the treatment they receive from the SFA.

Don't for a minute think they'll go bust though - if it actually did get that bad I'm sure the Jambo loving Edinburgh Council would help them out!

RyeSloan
30-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Wow, this is not good news for Hearts.....the monies due could be significant and HMRC are the one organisation that has the power to put Hearts out of business.

Yet the comments after the story all about non stories and business as usual....jeez there is nothing more threatening to a business than HMRC taking you to court for money, it tends to mean a) it's a significant sum b) they have tried and failed many times to get you to pay it and c) they don't give a toss about the long term viability of the business just that they want their money.

To say this is a non story is simply amazing, just total and utter delusion. As for Fatty Foulkes pretending it's not so bad as Robinson would have had them at Murrayfield....c'mon how worn and tired an excuse for Vlads madcap actions is that!?! Pathetic.

He did finally say something accurate tho "Everybody just crosses their fingers and hopes it goes away." that ladies and gentlemen is their approach to all of the continual sheeit in a nutshell.

Baader
30-07-2009, 11:16 AM
"Everybody just crosses their fingers and hopes it goes away."

That's their accountant's mantra!

Yet mair hot air from Fatty - he has to convince everyone (including himself) that Romanov was right for the club and he acted in their best interests by pleading with the shareholders to sell to Vlad. Truth is Lord Fool-kes was done up like a kipper and well he knows it!

Phil D. Rolls
30-07-2009, 11:17 AM
I often imagine the average Jambo Joe (or Julie) sitting in a flat with a stack of unopened envelopes blocking the front door. They have been cut off from reality long ago due to the phone being cut off and they have no electricity to watch TV.

However, they still put on a dinner suit every night and set the table for a four course meal. After they've polished off the Farmfoods cheese cake, and are onto the cigars and brandy, the conversation turns to finance.

"How can we afford this luxury, Joe", asks Mrs Yam.

"Why easliy Callum", replies Joe (not his real name). By buying Russian hats in the former Soviet Union, and selling them in the EU, we can make a substantial profit, thus meeting the spending requirements of established members of the gentry, like ourselves, ken?".

"But Wullie, I mean Joe, Mrs Methadone from Lochend says that you have to bring in more money than you spend, else you will end up in poverty, like her neighbours The Hobos".

"Pay no attention to the Hobos, or Mrs Methadone, my sweet. You see they haven't been brought up to expect the best. Faced with the choice of a lifetime of drudgery, they pay their bills out of fear. They do not have the imagination to see that you have to specualte to accumulate".

"Oh, but...."

"And another thing - don't interrupt me whilst I'm talking - or I'll be getting wee Robbo out of his cage, and you won't like that".

"Wouldnae be sae sure Joe, it's been a while since the back of the net rippled round here like it used to".

"Aye well, ah work hard ye ken, anyway. Thae Hobos believe everything they read in the papers. It's how the likes of us establishemnt types keep them down, through fear. Thir so feart of what might happen, they dinnae take chances, us on the other hand".

"Take whatever ever chance we git, oh a do love you Callum, hoos about washing wee robbo, and we'll go and have a wee game ower the park?"

"Ah wid wullie, it's jist thit ah cannae get oot the front door for aw they bills."

The Baldmans Comb
30-07-2009, 11:40 AM
I often imagine the average Jambo Joe (or Julie) sitting in a flat with a stack of unopened envelopes blocking the front door. They have been cut off from reality long ago due to the phone being cut off and they have no electricity to watch TV.

However, they still put on a dinner suit every night and set the table for a four course meal. After they've polished off the Farmfoods cheese cake, and are onto the cigars and brandy, the conversation turns to finance.

"Why easliy Callum", replies Joe (not his real name). By buying Russian hats in the former Soviet Union, and selling them in the EU, we can make a substantial profit, thus meeting the spending requirements of established members of the gentry, like ourselves, ken?".

"But Wullie, I mean Joe, Mrs Methadone from Lochend says that you have to bring in more money than you spend, else you will end up in poverty, like her neighbours The Hobos".

"Pay no attention to the Hobos, or Mrs Methadone, my sweet. You see they haven't been brought up to expect the best. Faced with the choice of a lifetime of drudgery, they pay their bills out of fear. They do not have the imagination to see that you have to specualte to accumulate".

"Oh, but...."

"And another thing - don't interrupt me whilst I'm talking - or I'll be getting wee Robbo out of his cage, and you won't like that".

"Wouldnae be sae sure Joe, it's been a while since the back of the net rippled round here like it used to".

"Aye well, ah work hard ye ken, anyway. Thae Hobos believe everything they read in the papers. It's how the likes of us establishemnt types keep them down, through fear. Thir so feart of what might happen, they dinnae take chances, us on the other hand".

"Take whatever ever chance we git, oh a do love you Callum, hoos about washing wee robbo, and we'll go and have a wee game ower the park?"

"Ah wid wullie, it's jist thit ah cannae get oot the front door for aw they bills."

Magnificent.:greengrin

Hank Schrader
30-07-2009, 11:43 AM

What an absolute welt :faf:

Winston Ingram
30-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Chairman of the Hearts Supporters Trust, Derek Watson said: "For many years Hearts under different regimes have always paid bills at the last minute and I think most people know that, so it would have to go a bit further before people got worried – they're used to it by now."

:ostrich:

down the slope
30-07-2009, 11:50 AM
It seems the article has been published because Celtic got beaten by a Russian team last night !!!!!!!!! , can you believe the deluded paranoid drivel that comes out of their supporters.

davemcbain
30-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Total overreaction on this site again, it's perfectly simple and the non payment was an honest mistake. Please see the press release below which will explain all...

"Dear Sirs,

A letter arrived at Tynecastle stadium several weeks ago. One of the junior members of staff for whom English is a second language saw that it was from HMRC and understandably deduced that this stood for Heart of Midlothian, Romanov's Club.
Knowing that this was true, he then realised that the demand was nothing more than an internal transfer of funds and therefore nowhere near as urgent (or as large) as paying Christian Nade's weekly bill from the Gorgie Pie shop.
Sorry if this is confusing, but the transfer of Christian Nade was part of the long term deal for the purchase of the club from Chris Robertson - the deal involved a fairly small amount of cash but a large regular order for Nade specials (Double crust, tattie and tripe if you're interested).
The pie bill was duly settled and the other letter was somehow buried under 399,563 season ticket applications. Slightly reduced from last year due to an expansion of the press box.
Heart of Midlothian football club trust that this explanation fully outlines the reasons for the delay in payment and would like to assure all of you that once all of the season ticket applications have been processed, the small matter of purchasing the tax office and thus avoiding further meaningless payments will be duly considered.
Yours Sincerely,
R. Romanov"

EskbankHibby
30-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Wow, this is not good news for Hearts.....the monies due could be significant and HMRC are the one organisation that has the power to put Hearts out of business.

Yet the comments after the story all about non stories and business as usual....jeez there is nothing more threatening to a business than HMRC taking you to court for money, it tends to mean a) it's a significant sum b) they have tried and failed many times to get you to pay it and c) they don't give a toss about the long term viability of the business just that they want their money.

To say this is a non story is simply amazing, just total and utter delusion. As for Fatty Foulkes pretending it's not so bad as Robinson would have had them at Murrayfield....c'mon how worn and tired an excuse for Vlads madcap actions is that!?! Pathetic.

He did finally say something accurate tho "Everybody just crosses their fingers and hopes it goes away." that ladies and gentlemen is their approach to all of the continual sheeit in a nutshell.

This is what i find amazing.

Even with the most positive spin on this HMRC taking you to court is news and it's not good news.

Their new caveat is that Romanov wont put them into administration as it's not in his interests to do so as he will not get any money back.

Oh really?

Can ANYONE actually say they have any clue as to what Romanov has put in and taken out of that shambolic club? The smoke and mirrors with their funding structure and accounting allows for absolutely anything to have happened.

One thing is for sure that when the music stops it wont be submariner Vlad without a chair. Yet the minions just grease up and bend over, dissenting voices are dismissed as "hobo's", just wait for a new level of revisionism further down the line when we are informed that administration is actually a GOOD thing as it gets rid of Vlad:blah::blah:.

Petrie's Tache
30-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Original by Filled Rolls: Scotsman Today

Nursery Times 30/7/09

IF I COVER MY FACE YOU CAN'T SEE ME!

Police, and animal experts were called to West Edinburgh today, following what appears to have been the abduction of several farm yard animals from am establishement in Gorgie Road.

Relatives were becoming increasingly worried as to the whereabouts of their loved ones. One, who didn't want to be named (but has not been made up by us either) said, "we got a visit from a Mr Loxy, saying that the sky was going to fall and that he had a shelter for us over at Murrayfield, personally I had my doubts, but several of the others seem to have gone off with him".

One worried mother, Mrs. Marjorie Licken said, "it seems you can't trust anyone these days, the newspapers are full of lies, so when Mr Loxy said he was on our side, we had to believe him".

Another, Mrs. Lucy Goosey (is this right - ed) of Wardlaw Street, said "things have been a bit dodgy round here for a long time, I remember the days when you could leave your door open all night, and providing Hearts didn't have any outstanding summonses, you knew your stuff would still be there in the morning".

But, some of her neighbours were less charitable, Mr George Faux-Pas of the Friends of Gorgie Farm, spluttered. He then coughed, threw up and spluttered again, before stating "fuggin Romanov, fuggin baxter, he fuggin fugged up the whole fuggin thing when he sacked me ya fuggin kent".

Whether more comes of this tale of everyday family animals is a matter of speculation. It is not the first time there has been speculation on whether the sky in gorgie is falling, and it may not be the last. What is clear is that the animals in Gorgie love Mr. Loxy, and no-one can tell them different.

OTHER BREAKING NEWS
Tarts stolen, knave blames Nade.
Miss Muffet Molested On Tuffet By Rix the Spider
Old King Cole Calls for Three Fiddlers but Visa Problems Cause Delays
Nade Sits in Corner With Finger in a Pie - Claims
Filled Rolls is online now Report Po

:greengrin:thumbsup:

EuanH78
30-07-2009, 12:02 PM

Even with the most positive spin on this HMRC taking you to court is news and it's not good news.

Their new caveat is that Romanov wont put them into administration as it's not in his interests to do so as he will not get any money back.

Oh really?

Can ANYONE actually say they have any clue as to what Romanov has put in and taken out of that shambolic club? The smoke and mirrors with their funding structure and accounting allows for absolutely anything to have happened.

One thing is for sure that when the music stops it wont be submariner Vlad without a chair. Yet the minions just grease up and bend over, dissenting voices are dismissed as "hobo's", just wait for a new level of revisionism further down the line when we are informed that administration is actually a GOOD thing as it gets rid of Vlad:blah::blah:.

I'm fairly certain its not really in anyones interest to go into administration. In fact I would go as far to say as most times its not really a choice.

Or have I misunderstood how big teams operate?

Hank Schrader
30-07-2009, 12:06 PM

Oh really?

I had a look at the reaction over on KB and the total lack of any sort of concern is mindboggling. In fact quite a few of them are sure it will be paid anyway and its just Vlad paying his bills at the last minute as all big businesses do. :rolleyes:

I see our former pet Shaun Lawson waded into that thread pretty early and signed off with a little dig at us "fuds". Just for you Shaun, if your banned arse can still somehow read this site, you are still a boring, uninteresting, overelaborate fandan and probably the best insomnia cure that I have ever encountered. :bye:

Sergey
30-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Given that it was myself who actually broke this story on the 5th of the month (several days before it was confirmed on Knockedback :smug:), I find it strange that the press have only published the story today.

The most plausible reason is that the Yams have defaulted on payment and HMRC are now in for their whole wedge.

MyJo
30-07-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm fairly certain its not really in anyones interest to go into administration. In fact I would go as far to say as most times its not really a choice.

Or have I misunderstood how big teams operate?

Administration involves the club being handed over to someone with no connections or emotional ties to club, they then run the club in the way that they see fit without taking the fans into consideration and sell everything that isn't nailed down to bring some money in that won't get anwhere near being used on the squad.........:hmmm:..........hang on a minute :dizzy:

ScottB
30-07-2009, 12:11 PM
You have to wonder if / when the penny will finally drop.

If this was us we'd have taken to the streets in protest long ago, at least the Livi fans attempted a fight before their demise!

PaulSmith
30-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Given that it was myself who actually broke this story on the 5th of the month (several days before it was confirmed on Knockedback :smug:), I find it strange that the press have only published the story today.

The most plausible reason is that the Yams have defaulted on payment and HMRC are now in for their whole wedge.

There was definately an amount mentioned in their last published accounts showing monies due within XX months to HMRC...sure of it. Can anyone find it

matty_f
30-07-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm cringing with jealousy about all this.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2009, 12:16 PM
You have to wonder if / when the penny will finally drop.

If this was us we'd have taken to the streets in protest long ago, at least the Livi fans attempted a fight before their demise!

:confused: I disagree.
I had to laugh when the other day. If that had been hibs, he'd have been banjoed into next week within 5 yards of getting out his car.

timebomb
30-07-2009, 12:19 PM
I had a look at the reaction over on KB and the total lack of any sort of concern is mindboggling. In fact quite a few of them are sure it will be paid anyway and its just Vlad paying his bills at the last minute as all big businesses do. :rolleyes:

I see our former pet Shaun Lawson waded into that thread pretty early and signed off with a little dig at us "fuds". Just for you Shaun, if your banned arse can still somehow read this site, you are still a boring, uninteresting, overelaborate fandan and probably the best insomnia cure that I have ever encountered. :bye:

Possibly the most accurate statement I've ever read on this website!!

EuanH78
30-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Some kickback nutter writes

Today, 12:55 #121
scott_jambo
Squad Member

It is quite simple. The longer the money is kept in Hearts accounts, the more time the money has to collect interest from the bank. We will not pay it back until we are threatened with court action.

This is poor business etiquette, but when has big business ever been about morality before?

Rightly or wrongly this is how Romanov works. We have to get used to it and so do the hibsman journalists.

:tee hee:

Can you earn interest on money you dont have?

Can account interest ever be more than debt interest?

Hold on a sec....let me re-phrase, can you earn interest on money you dont have that is greater than the penalties + interest on the money you are due out?

If so, seems I have been missing a trick. Why did no-one tell me?

:shhhsh!:

Shaggy
30-07-2009, 12:24 PM
TAXMAN SUES HEARTS...........

If the worst case scenario happens .......... wots the chances of a new Heart of WEST LOTHIAN emerging ????????

Nice new stadium in Livi going a begging for a big team.... 10000 seater.

Would love that ........:faf:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Trouble-at-Hearts-as-tax.5507979.jp

1875er
30-07-2009, 12:27 PM

scott_jambo
Squad Member

It is quite simple. The longer the money is kept in Hearts accounts, the more time the money has to collect interest from the bank. We will not pay it back until we are threatened with court action.

This is poor business etiquette, but when has big business ever been about morality before?

Rightly or wrongly this is how Romanov works. We have to get used to it and so do the hibsman journalists.

Hold on a sec....let me re-phrase, can you earn interest on money you dont have that is greater than the penalties + interest on the money you are due out?

Because my friend you are just a Hobo Peg Selling Aids Ridden Jakey from Leith and not the supporter of a "Big" Club that takes 78 fans to a pre season friendly.... oh and you are probaly in cahoots with the SFA, MI5, SPL, CIA and FBI against the magnificient HOMFC.... Comprende!!

PaulSmith
30-07-2009, 12:34 PM
http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1738104,00.html

Basically according to Hearts the HMRC have issued a petition against them and this has came as a surprise as they were up to date on the planned payment scheme and have funds in place.

To cut it another way the HMRC are incompetant and have issued a petition in the courts in error?

robinp
30-07-2009, 12:36 PM

scott_jambo
Squad Member

My thoughts also. :faf:

Any amount not paid will attract interest for each day until payment is received.

In addition to the interest, a penalty surcharge of 5 per cent of the tax owing will be imposed on any balance remaining unpaid 28 days after the due date. An additional 5 per cent penalty surcharge will be added if the tax owing has not been paid within six months of the due date.

Interest is charged at 2.5% at the moment. Surely that is more than the interest rates that businesses receive.

EuanH78
30-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Because my friend you are just a Hobo Peg Selling Aids Ridden Jakey from Leith and not the supporter of a "Big" Club that takes 78 fans to a pre season friendly.... oh and you are probaly in cahoots with the SFA, MI5, SPL, CIA and FBI against the magnificient HOMFC.... Comprende!!

Ah, that explains it then.

I'm away back to my caravan to ooze cringe and share a needle with my sister. If I cant get any drives to tarmac on the way back from the public access computers at the library that is.

Danderhall Hibs
30-07-2009, 12:38 PM
To cut it another way the HMRC are incompetant and have issued a petition in the courts in error?

TBF if it's the Child Tax Credit department that deal with these petitions they might have a case. This could end up with Hearts getting some cash back from HMRC.

EskbankHibby
30-07-2009, 12:40 PM

It's oozing out of you man, oozing out you like a wounded sore.......or something like that.

col02
30-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Every penny that Hearts earn should be used to pay bills surely and anything else is dubious to say the least!

Chuckie
30-07-2009, 12:57 PM

:faf:

hibs0666
30-07-2009, 01:00 PM
http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1738104,00.html

Basically according to Hearts the HMRC have issued a petition against them and this has came as a surprise as they were up to date on the planned payment scheme and have funds in place.

That's what the Livingston guy said too was it not? :wink:

Mikey
30-07-2009, 01:09 PM
The timing of this isn't good. It would wreck the SPL for this season if it loses a team in the first few months. The SPL/SFA/Whoever should get assurances from Hearts that they'll see the season out. If they don't get those assurances they should be demoted to divison 3 before the season starts and the teams that just missed out on promotion last season can be bumped up a league.

To allow Hearts to go into the new season with HMRC on their tail and no way of paying the bill would be gross incompetence by those who run football in this country.

Sergey
30-07-2009, 01:21 PM
The timing of this isn't good. It would wreck the SPL for this season if it loses a team in the first few months. The SPL/SFA/Whoever should get assurances from Hearts that they'll see the season out. If they don't get those assurances they should be demoted to divison 3 before the season starts and the teams that just missed out on promotion last season can be bumped up a league.

To allow Hearts to go into the new season with HMRC on their tail and no way of paying the bill would be gross incompetence by those who run football in this country.

Good point, Mikey, especially since their own auditors couldn't sign-off the accounts.

Woody1985
30-07-2009, 01:23 PM

Nursery Times 30/7/09

Police, and animal experts were called to West Edinburgh today, following what appears to have been the abduction of several farm yard animals from am establishement in Gorgie Road.

Relatives were becoming increasingly worried as to the whereabouts of their loved ones. One, who didn't want to be named (but has not been made up by us either) said, "we got a visit from a Mr Loxy, saying that the sky was going to fall and that he had a shelter for us over at Murrayfield, personally I had my doubts, but several of the others seem to have gone off with him".

One worried mother, Mrs. Marjorie Licken said, "it seems you can't trust anyone these days, the newspapers are full of lies, so when Mr Loxy said he was on our side, we had to believe him".

Another, Mrs. Lucy Goosey (is this right - ed) of Wardlaw Street, said "things have been a bit dodgy round here for a long time, I remember the days when you could leave your door open all night, and providing Hearts didn't have any outstanding summonses, you knew your stuff would still be there in the morning".

But, some of her neighbours were less charitable, Mr George Faux-Pas of the Friends of Gorgie Farm, spluttered. He then coughed, threw up and spluttered again, before stating "fuggin Romanov, fuggin baxter, he fuggin fugged up the whole fuggin thing when he sacked me ya fuggin kent".

Whether more comes of this tale of everyday family animals is a matter of speculation. It is not the first time there has been speculation on whether the sky in gorgie is falling, and it may not be the last. What is clear is that the animals in Gorgie love Mr. Loxy, and no-one can tell them different.

OTHER BREAKING NEWS

Am all for ripping the pish out the jambos but I think that may possibly be the most unfunny piss take I've ever seen on here.

Phil D. Rolls
30-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Am all for ripping the pish out the jambos but I think that may possibly be the most unfunny piss take I've ever seen on here.

Yeah, I suppose it deserves the worst put down I've seen on the board.

Anyway, duly noted.

And ignored.:greengrin You've obviously never seen my earlier stuff.

Loved this one on the EEN:

Ulysses,
30/07/2009 13:06:07
There's probably a perfectly good reason why we've not settled the bill.

We have no money.

How do guys like that get through the week, when it must seem like they are the only ones with a scooby what's going on. The believers are truly scary, and blaming Celtic's defeat is about as loopy as you can get.

Apparently, journalists really want to take a pop at the Old Firm, but they are scared because of religious bias accusations. So, instead they go for the biggest of the rest (3 Scottish Cups in 100 years!) and make their lives a misery with totally untrue stories about people suing their club for money that is owed. It must take it's toll psychologically eventually.

Phil D. Rolls
30-07-2009, 01:58 PM
TAXMAN SUES HEARTS...........

If the worst case scenario happens .......... wots the chances of a new Heart of WEST LOTHIAN emerging ????????

Nice new stadium in Livi going a begging for a big team.... 10000 seater.

Would love that ........:faf:

Might make sense, if they are only able to provide seats for 10,000 out of their 400,000 fans, they can sell seats for £100 per match. That means it wouldn't be long before they repaid their debts (if they were that sort of club) and when you add in the 3 grand that selling the PBS, they would soon be as well off as a small club like us.

marinello59
30-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Has anybody on Keechback asked how much Hearts owe the taxman?

CropleyWasGod
30-07-2009, 03:22 PM

Does it matter? HMRC are owned by us, the taxpayer. So if HMFC owe HMRC money, then they effectively owe it to themselves.

You lot have no business acumen. :rolleyes:

down the slope
30-07-2009, 03:30 PM
It was reported to be £1.3 million -nothing to a man of Vlads wealth and a club with 400,000 supporters.

Hank Schrader
30-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Nice to see the Vladsheep over the road have swallowed the announcement on the official site that everything is fine and there is no problem with HMRC. Its just the Yam hating Evening News and their pro Hobo agenda making up naughty stories to stir up trouble.

You get the feeling that if all Jambos relocated to the Antarctic you would have no problem selling icecubes to them.

Baw187
30-07-2009, 03:41 PM

"Oh, but...."

Very amusing.. :faf:

Gatecrasher
30-07-2009, 03:48 PM
its on SSN now :bye:

Phil D. Rolls
30-07-2009, 03:49 PM
It was reported to be £1.3 million -nothing to a man of Vlads wealth and a club with 400,000 supporters.

Ach, they'll get that money when they sell Driver, and they'll have enough for fish suppers all round. Non story, move along there's nothing to see here, conspiracy etc

Phil D. Rolls
30-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Nice to see the Vladsheep over the road have swallowed the announcement on the official site that everything is fine and there is no problem with HMRC. Its just the Yam hating Evening News and their pro Hobo agenda making up naughty stories to stir up trouble.

You get the feeling that if all Jambos relocated to the Antarctic you would have no problem selling icecubes to them.

Aye, but it would be a different story when it came to them paying for them.

Booked4Being-Ugly
30-07-2009, 03:54 PM
its on SSN now :bye: Bloody Hobo producers no doubt :grr: the whole media is conspiring against them! :3wise smi

Part/Time Supporter
30-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Ach, they'll get that money when they sell Driver, and they'll have enough for fish suppers all round. Non story, move along there's nothing to see here, conspiracy etc

Injured for six weeks (ie he won't be fit until the window shuts). No readies from that direction.

Tick tock

:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
30-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Injured for six weeks (ie he won't be fit until the window shuts). No readies from that direction.

Tick tock

Or they could sell him at a knock down £200m due to his injury.

Barney McGrew
30-07-2009, 04:04 PM

You're kidding right? :rotflmao:

They never ask difficult questions about things like that, they're all too busy getting chubbies over the thought of signing another player from the Spanish eighth division who once scored a goal four years ago and has played two games since.

Anyone who asks a question like that will have been labelled a hobo and launched by Dexter anyway.

Phil D. Rolls
30-07-2009, 04:06 PM

Tick tock

So trying to put this sequence of events into a logical order we have:

1) Yams agree payment schedule for outstanding debt to HMRC.
2) Driver gets injured.
3) Yams try to stimulate cash flow by selling entire season's tickets in August.
4) Revenue file court order asking for cash.
5) Yams say they've already paid (or words that might seem like that's what they mean).

Is this right?

Cabbage East
30-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Total non-story from a pro-Hibs media :rolleyes:

matty_f
30-07-2009, 04:08 PM
You're kidding right? :rotflmao:

They never ask difficult questions about things like that, they're all too busy getting chubbies over the thought of signing another player from the Spanish eigth division who once scored a goal four years ago and has played two games since.

Anyone who asks a question like that will have been labelled a hobo and launched by Dexter anyway.

:agree: Got to get free tickets somehow!

monktonharp
30-07-2009, 04:44 PM
we rebelled ,they shut us down,...........now it's lonely down in Tyncastle these days...............low lie the fields of tyncastle.............where once a big team played with pace........along came Vladimir,with his henchmen and his son............now the jambos are all hiding in disgrace.............low lie the fields....:singing: loved the wee bit on the front of EEN ,with the crown above the hertz badge:greengrin

Cabbage East
30-07-2009, 04:54 PM
They won't like this......:greengrin

H18sry
30-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Non story, quiet newsday, hobo journo's yada yada yada:greengrin

MrSmith
30-07-2009, 05:08 PM
This whole episode completely baffles me from the perspective of: what the heck are the jumbo fans thinking and doing?

It's crystal clear what is going on with Vlad and Hearts, yet they are all sitting on their hands doing absolutely nothing!!

I would be fairly pissed if they went under because as much as I love beating them at ER, there is nothing better than beating them at Tynie! The derby is, for me, simply the best game in Scottish football.

Administration would be the best way to go for the Jumbos but ye cannae tell them anyhing because they know best!!

Chuckie
30-07-2009, 05:28 PM
A wee karaoke tune for down Gorgie way...

To the tune of Blur - Tender

Tenner for the side
Dying by our side
Tenner is not much
For someone that you love too much
Tenner please today
The demons will go away
Lord I need to find
Someone who can pay my fines

Come on, come on, come on
Get through it
Vlads the greatest thing
Get through it
Vlads the greatest thing
That we have
Im waiting for that payment
Waiting for that payment to come

Oh my Vlady
Oh my Vlady
Oh why
Oh my

Tenner for some pills
For hiding from our bills
Waiting for the tax man to come
Tenner for the hearts
For screwing up my life
Lord I need to find

Get through it
Vlads the greatest thing
Get through it
Vlads the greatest thing
That we have

Oh my Vlady
Oh my Vlady
Oh why
Oh my
X2

iwasthere1972
30-07-2009, 05:34 PM
its on SSN now :bye:

Are the wheels still on or are they in for a quick repair at Kwikfit?

Are we speaking doomed yet?

:bye: Ticky Tocky :thumbsup:

One Day Soon
30-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Unbelievably good. Just exceptionally funny.Take a bow.

Nursery Times 30/7/09

OTHER BREAKING NEWS

Sergey
30-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Other than a post castigating, Shaun Lawson, there seems to be a dearth of our pink friends willing to contribute on this thread.

:trumpet::trumpet:

Reveille.

hibs0666
30-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Other than a post castigating, Shaun Lawson, there seems to be a dearth of our pink friends willing to contribute on this thread.

:trumpet::trumpet:

Reveille.

Too busy in the lavvy shiitin themselves mate.

lapsedhibee
30-07-2009, 05:46 PM

Pedantic_Hibee
30-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Just had a read over on JKB to gauge reaction to today's news.

******ing staggering.

Barney McGrew
30-07-2009, 06:06 PM

******ing staggering.

:agree:

They seem happy to believe that there's actually nothing amiss and that HMRC must have it all wrong because a spokesman for Hertz says they've been paying their bills.

I'm assuming this is the same spokesman that told them about world cup stars arriving, new stands getting built and a world class DoF being appointed just before Jim Duffy strolled out from behind the curtain - so they're right to treat it as a non story.

MSK
30-07-2009, 06:10 PM

They seem happy to believe that there's actually nothing amiss and that HMRC must have it all wrong becuase a spokesman for Hertz says they've been paying their bills.

I'm assuming this is the same spokesman that told them about world cup stars arriving, new stands getting built and a world class DoF being appointed just before Jim Duffy strolled out from behind the curtain - so they're right to treat it as a non story.Or the same person who paid the cash & carry their bill after their bog roll delivery had been cancelled !!..the order was held up for two weeks ....yam tramps !!!!! :faf:

marinello59
30-07-2009, 06:12 PM

They seem happy to believe that there's actually nothing wrong and that HMRC must have it all wrong becuase a spokesman for Hertz says they've been paying their bills.

I'm assuming this is the same spokesman that told them about world cup stars arriving, new stands getting built and a world class DoF being appointed just before Jim Duffy strolled out from behind the curtain - so they're right to treat it as a non story.

EEN reports on their problems. A Hobo driven rag spouting pesh. And the newspaper will soon go bust.:confused:

STV reports on their problems. Merely trying to divert attention from the Celtic score. And the reporter is probably gay. :confused:

Their Official Website says it's all OK. They all bend over with their pants down. :bitchy:

MSK
30-07-2009, 06:15 PM
EEN reports on their problems. A Hobo driven rag spouting pesh. And the newspaper will soon go bust.:confused:

STV reports on their problems. Merely trying to divert attention from the Celtic score. And the reporter is probably gay. :confused:

Their Official Website says it's all OK. They all bend over with their pants down. :bitchy:Aye..now they have their bogroll !!!!

forthhibby
30-07-2009, 06:18 PM

Their Official Website says it's all OK. They all bend over with their pants down. :bitchy:

can someone remember what there official website said when the problem first arose with wages not being paid :ostrich:

down the slope
30-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Or the same person who paid the cash & carry their bill after their bog roll delivery had been cancelled !!..the order was held up for two weeks ....yam tramps !!!!! :faf:
On the hole it disnae matter.

matty_f
30-07-2009, 06:21 PM

Tenner for the side
Dying by our side
Tenner is not much
Tenner please today
The demons will go away
Lord I need to find

Get through it
Vlads the greatest thing
Get through it
Vlads the greatest thing
That we have

Oh my Vlady
Oh my Vlady
Oh why
Oh my

Tenner for some pills
Tenner for the hearts
For screwing up my life
Lord I need to find

Get through it
Vlads the greatest thing
Get through it
Vlads the greatest thing
That we have

Oh my Vlady
Oh my Vlady
Oh why
Oh my
X2

:thumbsup: Great tune! Lovin' the new lyrics :faf:

Barney McGrew
30-07-2009, 06:26 PM
can someone remember what there official website said when the problem first arose with wages not being paid :ostrich:

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1398189,00.html

matty_f
30-07-2009, 06:27 PM
http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1398189,00.html

Did the 'beginning of next week' not turn into the week after?:confused:

MSK
30-07-2009, 06:27 PM

Tenner for the side
Dying by our side
Tenner is not much
Tenner please today
The demons will go away
Lord I need to find

Get through it
Vlads the greatest thing
Get through it
Vlads the greatest thing
That we have

Oh my Vlady
Oh my Vlady
Oh why
Oh my

Tenner for some pills
Tenner for the hearts
For screwing up my life
Lord I need to find

Get through it
Vlads the greatest thing
Get through it
Vlads the greatest thing
That we have

Oh my Vlady
Oh my Vlady
Oh why
Oh my
X2Bruno /ecosse..(yams looking in)...come on sing along ...:thumbsup:

Hank Schrader
30-07-2009, 06:34 PM

******ing staggering.

They seem more concerned with the fact that us Hobos will be getting "chubbies" and stroking ourselves at this news.:rolleyes:

Barney McGrew
30-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Did the 'beginning of next week' not turn into the week after?:confused:

It did indeed (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Double-your-money-for-Hearts.4517517.jp)

Just as well the next time was a blip rather than a glitch (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/nov/28/hearts-scottishpremierleague)

Hank Schrader
30-07-2009, 06:35 PM

Tenner for the side
Dying by our side
Tenner is not much
Tenner please today
The demons will go away
Lord I need to find

Get through it
Vlads the greatest thing
Get through it
Vlads the greatest thing
That we have

Oh my Vlady
Oh my Vlady
Oh why
Oh my

Tenner for some pills
Tenner for the hearts
For screwing up my life
Lord I need to find

Get through it
Vlads the greatest thing
Get through it
Vlads the greatest thing
That we have

Oh my Vlady
Oh my Vlady
Oh why
Oh my
X2

Top effort Chuckster :top marks

matty_f
30-07-2009, 06:36 PM
It did indeed (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Double-your-money-for-Hearts.4517517.jp)

Just as well the next time was a blip rather than a glitch (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/nov/28/hearts-scottishpremierleague)

Still, if I was a Yam I'd happily trust the PR from their website. After all, that must be the only fib that's been told on there, surely?

Cabbage East
30-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Oh my sides :greengrin

Barney McGrew
30-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Still, if I was a Yam I'd happily trust the PR from their website. After all, that must be the only fib that's been told on there, surely?

Aye, it's all truth on there

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Tynecastle2010Detail/0,,10289~1091729,00.html

Mibbes Aye
30-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Why am I not surprised?

Homfc trying to stiff HMRC over taxes :bitchy:

Hold on though, that tax money pays for schools, hospitals, equipment for the armed forces and the suchlike.....

So basically Hearts are welching on money that should be getting spent on our children's future, on the sick and the frail and vulnerable, on helicopters for the guys in Afghanistan....

Sickening :bitchy:

Barney McGrew
30-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Homfc trying to stiff HMRC

Makes a change from them trying to stiff Genk, Arbroath, the den mothers and their own staff I suppose

DC_Hibs
30-07-2009, 06:56 PM
These filthy tramps have held off paying as long as possible as they were relying on a transfer fee for Driver to cover it. Even they aren't stupid enough to have been hoping for dough from qualifying for Europa League as they need to beat a decent team to get there and that aint going to happen.

Now Driver is injured for up to 6 weeks (4 weeks till transfer windows closes) that should **** up the chance of flogging him so its squeaky bum time at the Paedos Republik of Gorgie. If only they hadnt put the ridiculous £4m price tag on him they might have already pocketed around £2m and thats more than fair for someone that was gash against 3rd tier Southampton which will have reduced his worth further.

To summarise, they still have outrageous debt, still have a sky high wages to turnover ratio, Lee Wallace is now only player they could get a £1m+ fee for and they've signed a collection of dildos from lower leagues including a deckchair salesman from Tenerife.

Amazingly enough those spineless gimps still havent taken their heads out the sand and think everything is fine.

For the record - Hibs arent looking to clever for next season as it stands but hopefully there are 2 or 3 still to come in that will go straight into first eleven.

oregonhibby
30-07-2009, 07:06 PM
It just isn't the bill to Her Majesty that is the issue, it is the nature allegedly that is an issue.

A winding up order is a serious issue and the Revenue seldom back down unless they start to see serious money.

Whilst we may s******, they are our biggest customer and losing them damages us as well as them. What really surprises me is that there is not anarchy down Tynie way. If the same happened at ER there would be a pressure group and serious grief. Maybe they just don't care!

Phil D. Rolls
30-07-2009, 07:08 PM
It just isn't the bill to Her Majesty that is the issue, it is the nature allegedly that is an issue.

A winding up order is a serious issue and the Revenue seldom back down unless they start to see serious money.

Whilst we may s******, they are our biggest customer and losing them damages us as well as them. What really surprises me is that there is not anarchy down Tynie way. If the same happened at ER there would be a pressure group and serious grief. Maybe they just don't care!

You know, I got used to the pain of losing that particular customer long ago. I hope they rot the arrogant baxters.

Coco Bryce
30-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Did this very same thing not happen to Southend Utd a few weeks back?

I was sure I read somewhere they had a 'winding up' order placed on them.

Www1875hfc
30-07-2009, 07:25 PM

Been saying this for ages now.
If this happened at any other club in scotland there would be a more hands on approach,but all you get is the usual remarks from across the road,and you wonder why ALL other supporters dislike them?
I for 1 wouldnt miss them in the slightest,let them go :bye:
BIG club ma e rse.:jamboak:

Cabbage East
30-07-2009, 07:26 PM
It's now spilled over on to Football365.

Classic yam post after getting noised up by a couple Hibbys.

Oh dear. take it hobo.net is awash with smack heads predicting our demise again? You relaise (sic) the story today is not only nonsense but also about 3 months old? Trotted out to take away from yet another European night of disgrace last night.

:faf::faf:

ScottB
30-07-2009, 07:32 PM

You would think that, but the fact is they now just swallow up each disaster with some historical revision and spin that would have Alastair Campbell blushing.

Go back a few weeks, if we had predicted the official end of the uber stand, the succession non league huddies, HMRC taking them to court etc they'd have spouted nonsense, yet here we are and it's all part of the plan all along...

They didn't care when Burley was punted, they didn't care when the paedo took over, are we surprised they still don't care now?

Best thing in a way will be the demise of the club and then resurrected by the real fans once the believers have scurried back when they came from...

poolman
30-07-2009, 07:35 PM

They seem happy to believe that there's actually nothing amiss and that HMRC must have it all wrong because a spokesman for Hertz says they've been paying their bills.

In the same article he says

We are cutting our costs and reducing our debt while delivering a winning team on-field

lyonhibs
30-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Is this not normal business practice, all part of the long term plan and proof of Vlad's commitment to Hearts??

:dunno:

Barney McGrew
30-07-2009, 07:47 PM
while delivering a winning team on-field

Which is kind of hard to do when the score in their recent run of matches reads 'Hearts 0' :wink:

MrSmith
30-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Why am I not surprised?

Homfc trying to stiff HMRC over taxes :bitchy:

Hold on though, that tax money pays for schools, hospitals, equipment for the armed forces and the suchlike.....

So basically Hearts are welching on money that should be getting spent on our children's future, on the sick and the frail and vulnerable, on helicopters for the guys in Afghanistan....

Sickening :bitchy:

but this is ok according to the jumbo fans because this is the way 'big' business works?? :dummytit:

ancient hibee
30-07-2009, 08:17 PM
1.There is no fuss -big clubs always delay paying their bills because everyone is so grateful for their business.

2.Everyone knows that HMRC is run by Hibees.

3.The cheque's in the post.

FranckSuzy
30-07-2009, 09:42 PM

Nursery Times 30/7/09

OTHER BREAKING NEWS

This is probably (in a Carlsberg sense :greengrin) the funniest thing I have ever read on this board. You're no' right likes :wink:

jacomo
30-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Poor Yams will be up all night trying to explain to themselves how this is just yet another "non-story".

I look forward to reading the excuses in the morning. :greengrin

Sergey
30-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Poor Yams will be up all night trying to explain to themselves how this is just yet another "non-story".

There might be another story to break :wink:

jacomo
30-07-2009, 10:32 PM

Driver's transfer?

Oh wait...

jgl07
30-07-2009, 10:34 PM

What puzzles me is the timing of the crisis.

Football clubs can often experience cash flow problems but in July?

If you examine the cash in cash out profile for a club such as Hearts you would expect that a very high proportion of income would be generated in June and July when most of the season ticket cash will come in. Over 10,000 season tickets have been sold even though 1,500 were practically given away.

The cash out will be spead fairly evenly over the year with wages being the major element.

There will be some late season ticket sales in August plus cash from visiting and walk up supporters over the season. There will be sponsorship money and TV cash coming in installments.

So if Hearts cannot lay their hands on £1.4 million now what will their financial position be come February and March?

This 'payment plan' must involve an element of hope?

iwasthere1972
30-07-2009, 10:36 PM

The new press boxes are bugged?

Is it the unveiling of the new super duper fax machine?

Peevemor
30-07-2009, 10:44 PM
What puzzles me is the timing of the crisis.

Football clubs can often experience cash flow problems but in July?

If you examine the cash in cash out profile for a club such as Hearts you would expect that a very high proportion of income would be generated in June and July when most of the season ticket cash will come in. Over 10,000 season tickets have been sold even though 1,500 were practically given away.

The cash out will be spead fairly evenly over the year with wages being the major element.

There will be some late season ticket sales in August plus cash from visiting and walk up supporters over the season. There will be sponsorship money and TV cash coming in installments.

So if Hearts cannot lay their hands on £1.4 million now what will their financial position be come February and March?

This 'payment plan' must involve an element of hope?

Remember too that tickets for all their home games during the coming season are already on sale.

It simply reeks of desperation.

iwasthere1972
30-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Remember too that tickets for all their home games during the coming season are already on sale.

It simply reeks of desperation.

:agree: Not too unlike Farepak (Christmas hamper company) getting all the money up front from their 170,000 customers and going bust shortly before they were due to deliver.

I agree something smells fishy down Gorgie way.

Anyway must go as there's someone knocking on my caravan window. :greengrin

ScottB
30-07-2009, 11:09 PM
The new press boxes are bugged?

Is it the unveiling of the new super duper fax machine?

It's one of those Amstrad E-Mail phones, only the best at HOMFC.

hibs0666
30-07-2009, 11:22 PM
The Scotsman is claiming that the yams paid £3 million to the taxman in the last year or so.

Add £2 million in interest payments, £8 million in wages and £4 million in other costs and it's clear that the yams are on their merry way to losing at least another £5 million this year.

What a total and utter mess.

FranckSuzy
30-07-2009, 11:27 PM
HMRC v HMFC = HMRCFC????

poolman
30-07-2009, 11:53 PM
:agree: Not too unlike Farepak (Christmas hamper company) getting all the money up front from their 170,000 customers and going bust shortly before they were due to deliver.

I agree something smells fishy down Gorgie way.

Anyway must go as there's someone knocking on my caravan window. :greengrin

Huv ye paid yer plot rent ya jakie aids ridden peg-seller :greengrin

CentreLine
31-07-2009, 06:07 AM
Now it is all very well for the Tax Man to be taking that sorry club to court but what about all of the other companies due money. You can imagine a lot of company accountants looking very hard at the need to get in there early for their debts. Hahahearts are in for a rough ride but I for one do not want to see them go under.
We need each other in this small city and we need to be careful what we wish for.

EskbankHibby
31-07-2009, 06:37 AM
Now it is all very well for the Tax Man to be taking that sorry club to court but what about all of the other companies due money. You can imagine a lot of company accountants looking very hard at the need to get in there early for their debts. Hahahearts are in for a rough ride but I for one do not want to see them go under.
We need each other in this small city and we need to be careful what we wish for.

Have never wanted them to go under, got a few decent jambo pals and wouldn't wish that on them.

An enormous slice of humble pie washed down with a gallon of humiliation with realism tops however would do just fine.

Happy to watch them crawl up the leagues from division 3 over the next 10 years or so.

Craig_in_Prague
31-07-2009, 06:43 AM

Who's to say Hibs wouldn't thrive under being the only side from the capital :confused:

I don't buy this 'we need each other' *****.

Whatever happens to them is their own doing, they've became an unbearable club in every aspect (incl. the supporters) over the last 5-10 years, so hope they end up hitting rock bottom and if they can't climb back up, tough cookies :greengrin

Mikey
31-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Remember folks, this story is separate from the HMRC investigation mentioned in their latest accounts. That's a different thing altogether and is still ongoing.

PaulSmith
31-07-2009, 06:56 AM
Remember folks, this story is separate from the HMRC investigation mentioned in their latest accounts. That's a different thing altogether and is still ongoing.

Are you able to expand Mikey..is one for NI, PAYE or whatever and the other another HMRC issue such as VAT? Any amounts involved?

degenerated
31-07-2009, 06:59 AM

this sounds fun :greengrin

Hank Schrader
31-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Are you able to expand Mikey..is one for NI, PAYE or whatever and the other another HMRC issue such as VAT? Any amounts involved?

I would guess the investigation is to do with their annual accounts. Perhaps a review of what is being claimed as expenditure in those accounts. Items such as "registration fees" maybe? :dizzy:

Mikey
31-07-2009, 07:04 AM

No!

:)

hibbie02
31-07-2009, 07:47 AM
Could be. I've no idea what the timescale is but I am told that Hearts are dragging their heels at every opportunity.

As well as dragging their knuckles. I always thought Jambos walked funny!:greengrin

I am sure Salty could illustrate this for us...... :cool2:

Craig_in_Prague
31-07-2009, 07:49 AM
5 pages on a no-news story. :rolleyes:

Surprised Hibbies have the time with all the peg selling and drug usage going on.

The jambo that wrote about them being light years ahead of the rest financially and management wise, :top marks .........great start to the day reading that, thank you :thumbsup:

Sergey
31-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Zapped!

Bingo!!

I can also categorically state, that despite what has been mentioned on other forums, that to date (last night), no payment has been made to HMRC and the outstanding monies are still due and the winding-up order is active and in place.

Suffice to say, the SPL are monitoring the situation extremely closely.

IWasThere2016
31-07-2009, 08:30 AM
Bingo!!

I can also categorically state, that despite what has been mentioned on other forums, that to date (last night), no payment has been made to HMRC and the outstanding monies are still due and the winding-up order is active and in place.

Tick Tock! Might have to bring my 7up clock avatar back! :greengrin

jacomo
31-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Have never wanted them to go under, got a few decent jambo pals and wouldn't wish that on them.

An enormous slice of humble pie washed down with a gallon of humiliation with realism tops however would do just fine.

Happy to watch them crawl up the leagues from division 3 over the next 10 years or so.

With the collapse of Setanta this summer, it brings to mind the last tv deal crisis in 2002/3.

Back then, both Hibs and Hearts were between £15m and £20m in debt, and contemplating a groundshare as one of the options to get out of trouble. We avoided that, but sold our most talented crop of players for a generation to get ourselves back on track.

Hearts just signed up to another never-never agreement and many of their fans laughed at us for being poor.

Don't you think we deserve some sort of justice? :wink:

McSwanky
31-07-2009, 09:16 AM
With the collapse of Setanta this summer, it brings to mind the last tv deal crisis in 2002/3.

Back then, both Hibs and Hearts were between £15m and £20m in debt, and contemplating a groundshare as one of the options to get out of trouble. We avoided that, but sold our most talented crop of players for a generation to get ourselves back on track.

Hearts just signed up to another never-never agreement and many of their fans laughed at us for being poor.

'MON THE JUSTICE!!!!! :greengrin

EskbankHibby
31-07-2009, 09:27 AM

I'm just happy to sit back and enjoy the show mate!

Nothing better than watching arrogant, spineless fuds get their comeuppance. I look forward to patronising all my jambo friends in a hugely irritating manner, that seems to annoy them more than ripping apart their skewed perspective which, frankly, is like shooting fish in a barrel.

JimBHibees
31-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Bingo!!

How much do they owe? plus when is the case being heard?

sambajustice
31-07-2009, 09:34 AM

'MON THE JUSTICE!!!!! :greengrin

Cheers!

Liberal Hibby
31-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Bingo!!

But this is consistent with what some of the more articulate kickback posters are saying. The winding up order is active as long as payment is due, but as the first payment is not scheduled to be made yet it is simply bureaucracy. Of course if they missed a payment...

I don't think we're at the end yet, but it's pretty embarrassing to be on a payment plan with HMRC and it means there is now no leeway for them. They have no choice but to meet their obligation to the taxman, so suppliers and employees will be down the pecking order. The question is - how soon will some other organisation with less draconian powers than HMRC seek court redress for non payment of bills/wages? That could be the beginning of the end.

Sergey
31-07-2009, 10:11 AM
How much do they owe? plus when is the case being heard?

I'd like to be able to confirm the amount, but I can't as I don't know for sure, and neither do those reporting on the story. Having said that, the figure of £1.37M has been mentioned. How accurate that is is anyone's guess.

As far a hearing. There isn't one. 21 days notice from the date of issue and then your bank accounts are frozen. There's no more ground for manoeuvring and re-negotiation. This is them at the cliff edge.

IWasThere2016
31-07-2009, 10:18 AM
I'd like to be able to confirm the amount, but I can't as I don't know for sure, and neither do those reporting on the story. Having said that, the figure of £1.37M has been mentioned. How accurate that is is anyone's guess.

As far a hearing. There isn't one. 21 days notice from the date of issue and then your bank accounts are frozen. There's no more ground for manoeuvring and re-negotiation. This is them at the cliff edge.

With a strong wind at their backs :cool2:

steakbake
31-07-2009, 10:40 AM

Still plenty of straws to clutch at if they end up over the edge, though?

mjhibby
31-07-2009, 10:41 AM
You would think that, but the fact is they now just swallow up each disaster with some historical revision and spin that would have Alastair Campbell blushing.

Go back a few weeks, if we had predicted the official end of the uber stand, the succession non league huddies, HMRC taking them to court etc they'd have spouted nonsense, yet here we are and it's all part of the plan all along...

They didn't care when Burley was punted, they didn't care when the paedo took over, are we surprised they still don't care now?

Best thing in a way will be the demise of the club and then resurrected by the real fans once the believers have scurried back when they came from...

I dont know why anybody is surprised at their behaviour.They live in their own wee world where there is a conspiracy from hibs,the old firm,the sfa,the police the council etc etc etc who are out to get them.The £30m debt will just go away and by believing romanov gives them a common purpose so when he asks them to jump off the cliff they will do it.Only problem is that when they leave this fantasy world and face what us other mortals call reality then not only will there be no football team but credotors chasing after them for millions of pounds.
Just a wee theory(cconspiracy if you like) but is it not the setanta crisis that has started this and the lack of games they got on tv last season.Im sure romanov will bluff it out but if they were relying on a fee for driver or getting to the europa league then it would seem to be fitting with the rest of the fantasy world where they all believe and all bringers of bad news are cast out of jamboland.You couldnt make it up how they behave.Big team in their own tiny little minds.Laughing stock and a huge embarassment to edinburgh for the rest of the universe(the real one that is not jamboland).

Phil D. Rolls
31-07-2009, 10:52 AM

So if we were all to take a deep breath at the same time.....

Keith_M
31-07-2009, 11:15 AM
There's no more ground for manoeuvring and re-negotiation. This is them at the cliff edge.

I vote we give up all other names for them, e.g. Yams, and just refer to them from now on as The Lemmings

Dashing Bob S
31-07-2009, 11:39 AM

So August 20th is the date by which they have to come up with the cash or they cannot trade?

If the SPL don't take action against them to clear this before the start of the season (before the Revenue's deadline), then they should stand charged guilty of making the league into a farce.

It's clear that they a) either can't pay this debt, or b) are guilty of business/admin practices that are bringing the game into (further) disrepute.

Sergey
31-07-2009, 11:54 AM
So August 20th is the date by which they have to come up with the cash or they cannot trade?

If the SPL don't take action against them to clear this before the start of the season (before the Revenue's deadline), then they should stand charged guilty of making the league into a farce.

It's clear that they a) either can't pay this debt, or b) are guilty of business/admin practices that are bringing the game into (further) disrepute.

This is what HMRC say about the matter.

Ouch (http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&q=cache:ePJd6n9Da1QJ:www.hmrc.gov.uk/factsheets/ef6-scot.pdf+winding+up+order+scotland&hl=en&gl=uk)

Green_one
31-07-2009, 12:05 PM

If Hearts 'cannot trade' then it must be curtains on the 20th

I bet the SPL will do everything it can, including ignoring its own rules (ala Livi) to keep the Jambos afloat. But if they are prevented from actualy trading then they are buttocks out the windae time. I usually ignore this type of story but annoying the Tax Man is not good.

Oh please let this story run. Can we have a count down to 20th August.

TIC TOC

GordonR
31-07-2009, 12:09 PM

Of course, Hearts don't really have much in the way of UK bank accounts, do they? There's a fairly meagre overdraft account at (I think) the BoS, and that's it.

We know that, as soon as money comes in, it's transferred over to Lithuania, and that the UK account limps along, dependant on cash transfers back from Lithuania, as and when they've got no other choice but to finally pay some bills.

So what effect would freezing any UK holdings do, if they could continue to operate banking facilities from abroad, outwith the reach of the IR?

Craig_in_Prague
31-07-2009, 12:09 PM
If Hearts 'cannot trade' then it must be curtains on the 20th

I bet the SPL will do everything it can, including ignoring its own rules (ala Livi) to keep the Jambos afloat. But if they are prevented from actualy trading then they are buttocks out the windae time. I usually ignore this type of story but annoying the Tax Man is not good.

Oh please let this story run. Can we have a count down to 20th August.

TIC TOC

erm,, 20 days and counting :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
31-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Of course, Hearts don't really have much in the way of UK bank accounts, do they? There's a fairly meagre overdraft account at (I think) the BoS, and that's it.

We know that, as soon as money comes in, it's transferred over to Lithuania, and that the UK account limps along, dependant on cash transfers back from Lithuania, as and when they've got no other choice but to finally pay some bills.

So what effect would freezing any UK holdings do, if they could continue to operate banking facilities from abroad, outwith the reach of the IR?

Theorectically, yes. But it would surely depend upon whether or not they could find suppliers willing to accept such arrangements, given their recent history. I'd doubt it. I'd also expect there are other sanctions the UK Revenue could apply under EC law to stop them from trading in this manner.

Baw187
31-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Theorectically, yes. But it would surely depend upon whether or not they could find suppliers willing to accept such arrangements, given their recent history. I'd doubt it. I'd also expect there are other sanctions the UK Revenue could apply under EC law to stop them from trading in this manner.

I'm not overly familiar with tax laws but surely if you're a UK based company, trading in the UK, you're capital is subject to UK tax laws regardless of where it resides?

degenerated
31-07-2009, 12:25 PM

Ouch (http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&q=cache:ePJd6n9Da1QJ:www.hmrc.gov.uk/factsheets/ef6-scot.pdf+winding+up+order+scotland&hl=en&gl=uk)

have you seen how many times those time wasting tits are in the edinburgh gazette for this sort of thing, its like they have their own column :greengrin

http://www.edinburgh-gazette.co.uk/issues/all=heart+of+midlothian;sort=newest/start=1

over by they reckoned that this couldn't be true because the witney virgin had established it had to be posted in the london gazette seven days before it was served, however the real facts of the matter are it has to be published in the edinburgh gazette up to seven days after.

perhaps shan lawson should stop using wikipedia as his fountain of knowledge.

Dashing Bob S
31-07-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm not overly familiar with tax laws but surely if you're a UK based company, trading in the UK, you're capital is subject to UK tax laws regardless of where it resides?

I think that's the case, and it explains why Hearts are allegedly subject to another investigation by the revenue, on the basis of tax evasion, through paying top players through overseas accounts and avoiding UK tax.

PapillonVert
31-07-2009, 12:29 PM

You can probably safely bet that none of the "assets" (e.g. land) which would come under the liquidation are in the name of the company to be wound up or that they are subject to standard or other securities in favour of Vlad (or, more likely, a nominee about 3 or 4 steps removed or family member).

brog
31-07-2009, 12:32 PM

OK, so Hibs Net & the Lemmings are in agreement for once.
This is definitely a wind-up!! :wink:

Gatecrasher
31-07-2009, 12:50 PM
You can probably safely bet that none of the "assets" (e.g. land) which would come under the liquidation are in the name of the company to be wound up or that they are subject to standard or other securities in favour of Vlad (or, more likely, a nominee about 3 or 4 steps removed or family member).

did southampton not try something like that and didnt get away with it?

Dashing Bob S
31-07-2009, 12:52 PM
did southampton not try something like that and didnt get away with it?

I'm sure the Revenue ahve seen it all and won't be overly impressed by Yamscams.

There's a new word for the Yamasauraus.

EskbankHibby
31-07-2009, 12:58 PM
have you seen how many times those time wasting tits are in the edinburgh gazette for this sort of thing, its like they have their own column :greengrin

http://www.edinburgh-gazette.co.uk/issues/all=heart+of+midlothian;sort=newest/start=1

over by they reckoned that this couldn't be true because the witney virgin had established it had to be posted in the london gazette seven days before it was served, however the real facts of the matter are it has to be published in the edinburgh gazette up to seven days after.

What an absolute disgrace they are. Small or large businesses that deal with HMFC need their head examined, how many companies on that list went through massive cash flow problems cos Hearts don't pay their dues until the last possible second.

Cashflow is king for small businesses and Vlad treats them with contempt, morally bankrupt from top to bottom.

MyJo
31-07-2009, 12:59 PM

HM Revenue & Customs will request that the liquidator investigate instances where the
company has

• deliberately withheld payments to the Crown
• failed to operate a PAYE scheme
• participated in wrongful trading
• reused the company name
• made transactions at undervalue.

This could result in the directors being disqualified from running a company for a period of between 2 and 15 years.

uh-oh :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
31-07-2009, 01:36 PM

I take it that it isn't written by George "Socialist" Fuchs then? Anyway the Edinburgh Gazette is just another Hobocentric member of the Journalistic hedgemony which seeks to maintain the status quo of left thinking running dogs taking a tilt at the Edinburgh establishment. See how often they attack the business owners, the wealth providers, who make this magnificent country go tick, er, and tock.

Anyway, as a frequent visitor to the Ancient City of Dunfermline (c. Dunfermline Press), I've renewed my love of the great bands that have come from that town. I stumbled on this one by Big (Team) Country, and thought it quite appropriate. It's called Chance(ers)

All the rain fell down
On the west side of town
As they carried them away
From the receiver's hand that always seemed like a fist
Reaching out to make them pay

Oh Lord, where did the money go
Oh Lord, how could they sink so lo-oh-oh

He came like a hero
From Lithuania's shores
With the cup and stars as gifts
But the only money they ever saw
Was the debt he left them with

Oh Lord, they never would be told
Oh Lord, even after he shot his bolt

So the moral of the story
If you can read
Is beware of friendly men
It's a mistake we all make once
But they do it again and again

Oh Lord, how far is Livingston
Oh Lord, can we play in Division 1

Jack
31-07-2009, 01:45 PM
IIRC a few years ago HMRC pulled up outside a football club in England not long after kick off and seized the gate money.

Could this be another reason for all the home tickets being made available now so that any seizure in the future will collect less money.

A friend (honest its not me I don’t earn enough) has been aware that the HMRC are becoming very cross with everyone who is not paying as, and what they should. Its as if UK PLC, because of its horrendous cash flow situation, has told HMRC to get off its ass and get as much of what it can very quickly.

ScottB
31-07-2009, 01:59 PM
As someone from a family that has several Hearts fans in it (actual fans, not believers mind you) and someone with several decent Hearts supporting mates I wouldn't enjoy their demise.

However, the sight of the moron element, responding to any chat relating to this with 'oh so you can be the big team by default' or 'non story' or 'how long since you won a cup?' makes me laugh long and hard about their current situation. It's amazing how blind they've become, every disaster is responded to by blaming and attacking everyone else, hell the bailiffs will be craning Nade out the stadium and it'll still be a non story for the Vlad Sheep.

By the time they pull their heads out the sand the tide will have come in.

Phil D. Rolls
31-07-2009, 02:04 PM
As someone from a family that has several Hearts fans in it (actual fans, not believers mind you) and someone with several decent Hearts supporting mates I wouldn't enjoy their demise.

However, the sight of the moron element, responding to any chat relating to this with 'oh so you can be the big team by default' or 'non story' or 'how long since you won a cup?' makes me laugh long and hard about their current situation. It's amazing how blind they've become, every disaster is responded to by blaming and attacking everyone else, hell the bailiffs will be craning Nade out the stadium and it'll still be a non story for the Vlad Sheep.

Suppose the alternative to blaming everyone else is to admit to their own arrogance that led to them believing Vlad's crock. It's their own fault so I find it hard to sympathise - until they own up.

Green_one
31-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Can we have a count down to 20th August.

erm,, 20 days and counting :greengrin

I was thinking about one of those fancy clock things some people can do but this is OK as a start. Thanks CiP:thumbsup:

20 days until :******:

MyJo
31-07-2009, 02:18 PM
A friend (honest its not me I don’t earn enough) has been aware that the HMRC are becoming very cross with everyone who is not paying as, and what they should. Its as if UK PLC, because of its horrendous cash flow situation, has told HMRC to get off its ass and get as much of what it can very quickly.

HMRC are attempting to kick ass big time on tax avoidance this year and while they are giving everyone an opportunity to pay whats due with payment plans and so on they are also keen to hammer tax cheats and reclaim the tax that hasn't been paid by scheisters like HoMFC.

IWasThere2016
31-07-2009, 02:25 PM

OUCH! Indeed! I hope it f*ucking hurts and hurts bad! Yams GTF! :bye:

Andy74
31-07-2009, 02:27 PM
the bailiffs will be craning Nade out the stadium and it'll still be a non story for the Vlad Sheep.

You have to remember though that ten men couldnae carry, couldnae carry Nade, ten men, nine men, eight men, seven men, six men, five men, four men, three men, two men, one man and his fork lift truck, couldnae carry Nade.

Hank Schrader
31-07-2009, 02:30 PM
You have to remember though that ten men couldnae carry, couldnae carry Nade, ten men, nine men, eight men, seven men, six men, five men, four men, three men, two men, one man and his fork lift truck, couldnae carry Nade.

:tee hee::tee hee:

Sherlock Jones
31-07-2009, 04:10 PM
As well as dragging their knuckles. I always thought Jambos walked funny!:greengrin

I am sure Salty could illustrate this for us...... :cool2:

One of the more upright of the species... 4806

Mikey
31-07-2009, 04:12 PM

MSK
31-07-2009, 04:23 PM
One of the more upright of the species... 4806That is so yam !!!....:faf::faf:

Cropley10
31-07-2009, 04:53 PM

Interesting! When was the date of issue of the order...

Tick b****y tock:greengrin

HibsNibs
31-07-2009, 05:11 PM
To all Yam interlopers,

Yes I am getting a chubby reading this thread. :thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
31-07-2009, 05:18 PM
One of the more upright of the species... 4806

is that the freak that tried to attack deeks and got a slappin from casper for his troubles :casper:

Dashing Bob S
31-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Taken from the Official Hearts Webstite:

HMFC Revised Fixture List 2009-10

Aug 17 Dundee United (A)
Aug 20 HMRC (A)
Aug 23 tbc

Season Preview

It looks like the difficult away fixture against the uncompromising HMRC outfit could go a long way to determining Hearts season and Vladimir Romanov's Champions League ambitions. "I don't want to call it a matter of life of life and death" said Casa, "but I think it's important for all that the club that we get a result in this one."

An HMRC spokesman said, "Hearts have spent heavily over the years, and some would question as to whether two Scottish Cups for an outlay of £40m really is good business. But I guarantee they won't be relishing a visit from our boys, we'll make it tough for them."

Vladimir Romanov however, was in a customarily bullish mood. "HMRC? Who are they? Some second rate outfit we don't really need to think about. We're beyond all that and have moved up to a different level, whereby we see only the World Bank as our real creditors."

Albanian Hibs
31-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Tick Tock Yam Fuds

:bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye:

20 days and counting.....

matty_f
31-07-2009, 07:54 PM
While I don't think for a moment that anything will come of this (how many times have we been down this road before with the Yams?), I have to say this thread has had me laughing out loud at points.

Laughing out loud at the skint Yam fuds.:thumbsup:

lyonhibs
31-07-2009, 08:01 PM
While I don't think for a moment that anything will come of this (how many times have we been down this road before with the Yams?), I have to say this thread has had me laughing out loud at points.

Could LOLATSYF become part of the Hibby text lexicon??

However skint they are, it's not affecting Plan F yet. Saw him strolling down George Street at lunchitme looking rather dapper (for a Yam) in the typical brown brogues and an almost acceptable leather man-satchel.

They'll dig up the money - presumably stiffing some slightly less important creditor in the process - with about 5 minutes to spare.

It's the Way of the Jambos these days. They must be proud. :rolleyes:

GGTTH

Mibbes Aye
31-07-2009, 08:06 PM

They're an embarrassment.

They've been ducking and diving, like the shady skinflints they are, for a good while now. How can you have any pride in your club when they bump everybody, your own players, den mothers FFS????

Even the most loyal of the loyal amongst them know that they have been unsustainable for a long time and any action to remedy that is far too little, far too late.

The end, when it comes, won't be with a big fanfare. No fireworks. It'll just be a simple case of someone following through on a claim. And they won't be able to meet it. And that will be that.

Never thought they'll go into administration. Always thought that Vlad knows what he's doing, the assets are spread out appropriately (:wink:) and it'll be a case of voluntary liquidation.

jabis
31-07-2009, 08:07 PM

on radio 5 live, about a week ago,they were talking about mike ashton,at newcastle.
some financial guru,commenting on the fact that Ashton hadn't got back to some genuine bid, stated that he would lose less money if the club went into administration :confused:
this has been bugging me all week ...........HOW ?

matty_f
31-07-2009, 08:26 PM
They're an embarrassment.

They've been ducking and diving, like the shady skinflints they are, for a good while now. How can you have any pride in your club when they bump everybody, your own players, den mothers FFS????

Even the most loyal of the loyal amongst them know that they have been unsustainable for a long time and any action to remedy that is far too little, far too late.

The end, when it comes, won't be with a big fanfare. No fireworks. It'll just be a simple case of someone following through on a claim. And they won't be able to meet it. And that will be that.

Never thought they'll go into administration. Always thought that Vlad knows what he's doing, the assets are spread out appropriately (:wink:) and it'll be a case of voluntary liquidation.

Part/Time Supporter
31-07-2009, 08:36 PM
on radio 5 live, about a week ago,they were talking about mike ashton,at newcastle.
some financial guru,commenting on the fact that Ashton hadn't got back to some genuine bid, stated that he would lose less money if the club went into administration :confused:
this has been bugging me all week ...........HOW ?

If a football club goes into administration they can sack the players without having to pay up their contracts in full. Newcastle have a shedload of players on Premiership wages that they can't afford now.

Badge
31-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Taken from the Official Hearts Webstite:

HMFC Revised Fixture List 2009-10

Aug 17 Dundee United (A)
Aug 20 HMRC (A)
Aug 23 tbc

Season Preview

It looks like the difficult away fixture against the uncompromising HMRC outfit could go a long way to determining Hearts season and Vladimir Romanov's Champions League ambitions. "I don't want to call it a matter of life of life and death" said Casa, "but I think it's important for all that the club that we get a result in this one."

An HMRC spokesman said, "Hearts have spent heavily over the years, and some would question as to whether two Scottish Cups for an outlay of £40m really is good business. But I guarantee they won't be relishing a visit from our boys, we'll make it tough for them."

Vladimir Romanov however, was in a customarily bullish mood. "HMRC? Who are they? Some second rate outfit we don't really need to think about. We're beyond all that and have moved up to a different level, whereby we see only the World Bank as our real creditors."

Superb. :top marks:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
31-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Could LOLATSYF become part of the Hibby text lexicon??

However skint they are, it's not affecting Plan F yet. Saw him strolling down George Street at lunchitme looking rather dapper (for a Yam) in the typical brown brogues and an almost acceptable leather man-satchel.

They'll dig up the money - presumably stiffing some slightly less important creditor in the process - with about 5 minutes to spare.

It's the Way of the Jambos these days. They must be proud. :rolleyes:

GGTTH

Dashing Bob S will be impressed !!! :cool2:

RoYO!
31-07-2009, 11:48 PM

there is something deeply unnerving about so many of their attitudes.

i really do think there would be a hardcore sitting in the one remaining stand at tynecastle at 3pm on a saturday, bulldozers and workies all around getting on with the flats that are getting built, with every expectation that at any moment the team will run out onto the pitch.

"i'll give it another 5 minutes"

Heraghty's
01-08-2009, 01:04 AM

I think I got the timescale wrong. But the final result has been clear as a bell for three years.

:thumbsup:

Now, please remind me, which UBIG offshoot actually owns the title deeds for the Pink Bus Shelter? :bye: