PDA

View Full Version : Yams HMRC - Still Investigating The Yams (Merged)?

Pages : 1 [2]

crash
01-08-2009, 06:34 AM
If a football club goes into administration they can sack the players without having to pay up their contracts in full. Newcastle have a shedload of players on Premiership wages that they can't afford now.

Does Mike Ashley not lose everything if the club goes into administration? Surely he can't just take the reigns again post admin?:confused:

s.a.m
01-08-2009, 06:49 AM
Is that not what happened to Leeds and whatshisname a few years ago? Basically used admin to get rid of his creditors, and started again?

MSK
01-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Does Mike Ashley not lose everything if the club goes into administration? Surely he can't just take the reigns again post admin?:confused:That didnt happen with Boyle at Motherwell did it ..?...i think the decks were cleared by the Administrators with a few players losing their income as well as the remainder of their contracts but he (Boyle) remained in charge with his (millions) still tucked away in his bank account....what exactly did he/Motherwell lose ..?....nowt imo...they are still functioning as an SPL club..they still have their ground..they still have a team..they can still pay transfer fee's (albeit small)....they are still in europe ...

Vlad ...is & has been screwing hearts for millions..he will continue to do so until he decides his pockets cant take anymore then he will walk...he (unlike Boyle) doesnt give a flying one for yams..they though will face similar fate to what Well did (should Vlad walk)...however other than a possible 10 point deduction i think they will continue to function...pretty much as Motherwell have ..

Or ..am i way off ...i bloody hope so ..i honestly hope the yam tramps get the book thrown at them & they get shown up for being the crooked desperate club they are ...

crash
01-08-2009, 07:30 AM
That didnt happen with Boyle at Motherwell did it ..?...i think the decks were cleared by the Administrators with a few players losing their income as well as the remainder of their contracts but he (Boyle) remained in charge with his (millions) still tucked away in his bank account....what exactly did he/Motherwell lose ..?....nowt imo...they are still functioning as an SPL club..they still have their ground..they still have a team..they can still pay transfer fee's (albeit small)....they are still in europe ...
Vlad ...is & has been screwing hearts for millions..he will continue to do so until he decides his pockets cant take anymore then he will walk...he (unlike Boyle) doesnt give a flying one for yams..they though will face similar fate to what Well did (should Vlad walk)...however other than a possible 10 point deduction i think they will continue to function...pretty much as Motherwell have ..

Or ..am i way off ...i bloody hope so ..i honestly hope the yam tramps get the book thrown at them & they get shown up for being the crooked desperate club they are ...

I can't understand how these clubs are allowed to hold on to their stadiums.
Don't the admins have a duty to sell the assets in order to pay creditors?

MSK
01-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Don't the admins have a duty to sell the assets in order to pay creditors?I would think that would be the case should the club own their ground..i dont think Motherwell do thus them remaining at Fir park...as for the yams..well theres so many sticky fingers associated wi that shambles o a club so i honestly dont know who actually owns the dump...:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
01-08-2009, 08:14 AM
While I don't think for a moment that anything will come of this (how many times have we been down this road before with the Yams?), I have to say this thread has had me laughing out loud at points.

Laughing out loud at the skint Yam fuds.:thumbsup:

But that's the fun of it all. In the old cliche: "they have to be proven right every single time, we only have to be proven right once."

Dashing Bob S
01-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Dashing Bob S will be impressed !!! :cool2:

The satchel could never be deemed acceptable.

Phil D. Rolls
01-08-2009, 08:18 AM
While I don't think for a moment that anything will come of this (how many times have we been down this road before with the Yams?), I have to say this thread has had me laughing out loud at points.

Laughing out loud at the skint Yam fuds.:thumbsup:

I fear that they will continue to slip the net of justice for some time to come. I've been waiting for them to meet justice since the FTB took over, but the slimy gets always seem to slither out - albeit with a few more zeros on the debts.

RoYO!
01-08-2009, 08:54 AM
I fear that they will continue to slip the net of justice for some time to come. I've been waiting for them to meet justice since the FTB took over, but the slimy gets always seem to slither out - albeit with a few more zeros on the debts.

seem to remember that the only thing that they could get Al Capone for was tax evasion, even with all his scores of shady illegal dealings/ mob hits etc :wink:

as many have said, these are not the guys you want on your case...

Caversham Green
01-08-2009, 09:05 AM
I would think that would be the case should the club own their ground..i dont think Motherwell do thus them remaining at Fir park...as for the yams..well theres so many sticky fingers associated wi that shambles o a club so i honestly dont know who actually owns the dump...:greengrin

Motherwell have heritable property on their balance sheet at a cost of £2.7m, which can only be Fir Park. I'm puzzled about how they managed to keep the ground as well, but I wonder if the argument was that selling it for development would put them out of business and they couldn't find anyone to buy it on a leaseback arrangement.

I have a feeling that Boyle did take a big hit on the administration - as did Ken 'Master' Bates at Leeds.

I feel a research project coming on.

Mikey
01-08-2009, 09:08 AM
I have a feeling that Boyle did take a big hit on the administration - as did Ken 'Master' Bates at Leeds.

Yep, I'm sure I remember Boyle losing out on this.

Vlad's steered a sub through the Baltic Sea so I can't see him being daft enough to lose money. Whatever the cost :wink:

Caversham Green
01-08-2009, 09:22 AM

Vlad's steered a sub through the Baltic Sea so I can't see him being daft enough to lose money. Whatever the cost :wink:

Just had a look at the Football Finances website and according to them £5m of his loan ranked as an ordinary creditor and was paid off at 20%. So he lost about £4m on that.

I'm still of the opinion that a well-timed administration might not be a bad move for the Yams - the Motherwell story strengthens that view.

I'll give it some thought after my peg rounds - link to FF below.

http://www.football-finances.org.uk/motherwell/administration.htm

matty_f
01-08-2009, 11:06 AM

Just had a look at the Football Finances website and according to them £5m of his loan ranked as an ordinary creditor and was paid off at 20%. So he lost about £4m on that.

I'm still of the opinion that a well-timed administration might not be a bad move for the Yams - the Motherwell story strengthens that view.

I'll give it some thought after my peg rounds - link to FF below.

http://www.football-finances.org.uk/motherwell/administration.htm

Were Boyle and Bates not the major creditors at the time? Not sure about Bates, but I'm fairly sure Boyle was owed the most by Motherwell.

With the Yams though, they don't owe the money to Vlad, they owe it to the Bank, which has shareholders who won't want to write off that amount of money.

jgl07
01-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Does Mike Ashley not lose everything if the club goes into administration? Surely he can't just take the reigns again post admin?:confused:
John Boyle did at Motherwell as did Ken Bates at Leeds.

jgl07
01-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Don't the admins have a duty to sell the assets in order to pay creditors?
As I understand it the adminstrator will attempt to get the majority of creditors to accept a proportion of the sums owed, maybe 10 pence in the pound.

There were suggestions that Ken Bates used dirty tactics to pursuade key creditors to accept the deal by offering sweeteners. This left other creditors high and dry.

I can't see how Adminstration would work in Hearts case. They will carry on until the company is liquidated.

Phil D. Rolls
01-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Does anyone genuinely believe that they won't pay up? I would love it if they didn't, as I can't see how the taxman could have one rule for football clubs (albeit one of the biggest in the world), and one for the poor Joe who has been hit by the likes of the building trade crisis.

It just wouldn't be fair anywhere, anywhere except Gorgie, and I don't see why that would be enough. So that's why I think they will beg steal or borrow the money (notice I didn't say they'd earn it honestly) and will stumble on till mid season at least when they fail to pay wages for the sixth month running.

If I was a Yam I'd be thinking about setting up a new club now, so that they can get their application in for the East of Scotland League asap. I don't think anyone would object to them going back to first principles.

ps

Tick Tock

ScottB
01-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Does anyone genuinely believe that they won't pay up? I would love it if they didn't, as I can't see how the taxman could have one rule for football clubs (albeit one of the biggest in the world), and one for the poor Joe who has been hit by the likes of the building trade crisis.

It just wouldn't be fair anywhere, anywhere except Gorgie, and I don't see why that would be enough. So that's why I think they will beg steal or borrow the money (notice I didn't say they'd earn it honestly) and will stumble on till mid season at least when they fail to pay wages for the sixth month running.

If I was a Yam I'd be thinking about setting up a new club now, so that they can get their application in for the East of Scotland League asap. I don't think anyone would object to them going back to first principles.

ps

Tick Tock

It all depends as to how much cash there actually is at Hearts at the moment, some have suggested the failure to sell Driver as the trigger for this, which would suggest there is very little cashflow, as would the selling of game tickets for the season already. That in itself suggests the very real chance of trouble ahead, as they are reducing their income for the rest of the year to boost this month's, all these things suggest they are desperate for cash now, regardless of any damage ahead. So even if they do make this payment, we will be back here again soon, maybe even the next month.

Or whichever part of UKIO / UBIG bails them out, but how much cash does that group actually have going spare with their problems? When do the non Vlad elements of it's boards etc start demanding an exit strategy? When does it become a better idea to cut and run?

These are the problems they face. I think they will most likely survive this month, and it'll be met with much cheers and cries of 'non story' over the road when in actuality they will still be sleep walking towards the cliff edge.

Dashing Bob S
01-08-2009, 02:21 PM
It all depends as to how much cash there actually is at Hearts at the moment, some have suggested the failure to sell Driver as the trigger for this, which would suggest there is very little cashflow, as would the selling of game tickets for the season already. That in itself suggests the very real chance of trouble ahead, as they are reducing their income for the rest of the year to boost this month's, all these things suggest they are desperate for cash now, regardless of any damage ahead. So even if they do make this payment, we will be back here again soon, maybe even the next month.

Or whichever part of UKIO / UBIG bails them out, but how much cash does that group actually have going spare with their problems? When do the non Vlad elements of it's boards etc start demanding an exit strategy? When does it become a better idea to cut and run?

These are the problems they face. I think they will most likely survive this month, and it'll be met with much cheers and cries of 'non story' over the road when in actuality they will still be sleep walking towards the cliff edge.

I'm going to swim against the tide of misery and despair and be positive, upbeat and stick my neck out and say that they will be totally Donald Ducked by the 20th.

I hope I haven't jinxed anything!

Sergey
01-08-2009, 06:45 PM
The Yams desperation for quick cash continues unabated.

The Vatman is a Knocking (http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289%7E1740154,00.html)

matty_f
01-08-2009, 06:48 PM
The Yams desperation for quick cash continues unabated.

The Vatman is a Knocking (http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289%7E1740154,00.html)

You'd be pretty peed off if you had just bought the new kit at full whack, with it only being out a few weeks, only to see 10% lumped off it already.

Fair enough clubs cutting prices on stock as the season gets under way and they have stock not selling, but to do it already is shocking.

If I had just paid full whack for a shirt and the club did that, I'd make sure next season I wouldn't be shelling out early doors, that's for sure.

Sergey
01-08-2009, 06:54 PM
You'd be pretty peed off if you had just bought the new kit at full whack, with it only being out a few weeks, only to see 10% lumped off it already.

Fair enough clubs cutting prices on stock as the season gets under way and they have stock not selling, but to do it already is shocking.

If I had just paid full whack for a shirt and the club did that, I'd make sure next season I wouldn't be shelling out early doors, that's for sure.

Couldn't agree more, Matty. It reeks of utter desperation.

crash
01-08-2009, 07:02 PM

I heard it was BOGOF for any creditors:wink:

matty_f
01-08-2009, 07:04 PM
I heard it was BOGOF for any creditors:wink:

You probably heard right!:greengrin

Mikey
01-08-2009, 07:08 PM
What's the chance of there being a jumble sale at the local church on the day of their first home game of the season.

Cash only :wink:

BSEJVT
01-08-2009, 07:18 PM
The thing amongst all this that surprises me most is that businesses still continue to trade with them on a non cash basis as is evidenced by the continuing and increasing number of claims lodged.

You would have to be mad or for them to be your only client to continue to do so.

The other bit is that businesses dealing with them will be ripping them to the wire as they will either be building in the likelyhood of future losses or have a captive market being the only folk willing to continue to supply them.

Either way the clock is ticking.

richard_pitts
01-08-2009, 08:10 PM
The thing amongst all this that surprises me most is that businesses still continue to trade with them on a non cash basis as is evidenced by the continuing and increasing number of claims lodged.

You would have to be mad or for them to be your only client to continue to do so.

The other bit is that businesses dealing with them will be ripping them to the wire as they will either be building in the likelyhood of future losses or have a captive market being the only folk willing to continue to supply them.

Either way the clock is ticking.

:top marks Funnily enough I just said the same thing to my Yam-supporting partner. Even if they survive this, the massive credibility blow will do them a lot of damage. What I can't understand is we'd be rioting right now if it was us. What are they thinking? :confused: I am genuinely confused as even if it is all ok really, that is no way to run a football club:agree:

forthhibby
01-08-2009, 08:16 PM
:top marks Funnily enough I just said the same thing to my Yam-supporting partner. Even if they survive this, the massive credibility blow will do them a lot of damage. What I can't understand is we'd be rioting right now if it was us. What are they thinking? :confused: I am genuinely confused as even if it is all ok really, that is no way to run a football club:agree:

:ostrich:

jakki
01-08-2009, 08:18 PM

Exactly what I thought. What other club reduces the new kit before the season starts. Definately cash flow problems at the PBS

richard_pitts
01-08-2009, 08:30 PM
:ostrich:

Mind you, it avoids a pending family feud - grandad who dotes on my 2 year old wants to take him to Tynecastle :jamboak::panic: As I've just pointed out, not much chance of the yams being around when he's old enough to go :bye: Problem sorted :devil:

Sherlock Jones
01-08-2009, 08:58 PM
what's the chance of there being a jumble sale at the local church on the day of their first home game of the season.

A good chance :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
01-08-2009, 09:02 PM

I'd take mine back, get a refund then buy it again.

matty_f
01-08-2009, 09:05 PM

Aye, so would I, after I moaned about it to you and stole your idea.:greengrin

hibs0666
01-08-2009, 09:15 PM

After you've wiped your choccy starfish with it I hope. :wink:

jabis
01-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Couldn't agree more, Matty. It reeks of utter desperation.

the've been reekin for years !

thanks for all the Ashley @NUFC comments,especilly the motherwell conundrum. :confused:

(and the girlfiend wonders why I can't sleep at night !):greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
01-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Aye, so would I, after I moaned about it to you and stole your idea.:greengrin

We'll go next week then. :greengrin

After you've wiped your choccy starfish with it I hope. :wink:

I wouldn't wipe for days prior to the event. :greengrin

jacomo
01-08-2009, 09:48 PM

Come on now! All Big Clubs p*ss off their supplier base so that the only people who will deal with them will charge onerous terms to do so... oh wait, have I got this right?

:wink:

Sergey
06-08-2009, 10:40 PM
No payment received as of today, as per a post on Kickback.

The thread has been pulled for whatever reason.

matty_f
06-08-2009, 10:42 PM

Any truth in the rumour Dexter is sporting a new strip? :dunno::greengrin

wazoo1875
06-08-2009, 10:54 PM

The plot thickens :hmmm:

Heraghty's
07-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Curious about the visit of the Prime Minister of Bosnia (or was it just Republika Srpska? Can't be bothered checking) to Lithuania last week.
It included a meeting with Romanov . . .
And a plea for Lithuanian companies to continue investing in Bosnia.
This came just as catastrophic results for UBIG's Birac alumina plant in Zvornik were announced.
I would have imagined some tough talking was done . . .
Birac is a massive part of the UBIG empire but is in almost terminal financial trouble.
Hearts is a sideshow.

Wonder what one any spare cash will have to go into. :wink:

:bye:

jgl07
07-08-2009, 01:15 AM
If they have any spare cash after paying HMRC, Hearts will face an £80,000 fine from the SFA over their diabolical disciplinary record.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hearts-discipline-trouble.5532772.jp

CentreLine
07-08-2009, 06:11 AM

Not really a problem, don't they pay everything at the last minute?:duck:

degenerated
07-08-2009, 06:58 AM

was that all it said?

CropleyWasGod
07-08-2009, 07:27 AM
The plot thickens :hmmm:

Do you have a lithp?

(oh, see what i did there!)

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2009, 07:40 AM

Your making big assumptions there Matty, I don't think those in control of Hearts seem to be making the same ones. It seems to me they might be throwing in the towel and cutting their losses.

I just feel sorry* for the 11,000 decent football fans** who bought season tickets.

*Patronising opposing fanspeak for 'couldn't give a rat's ass'.
** Ironic term for 'lemming-like paedo worshipers.'

Barney McGrew
07-08-2009, 07:46 AM
The bit that gets me about all of this is that they've clearly got behind on their payments to HMRC because they couldn't afford to pay them (despite what some Yams claim about deliberately leaving it until the last minute).

They've now got a payment plan in place to clear that debt on top of the current tax liablities that they'll need to pay. As far as I can see, they haven't made any signifcant reductions to what they're paying out or taken in any huge cashflow injections in the last twelve months that would allow them to keep up with their current payments, let alone service the debt payments.

And remember they're due a rather large payment to the parent company in February...........

Still, I'm sure the £1m plus they invested in starting the process for their fantasy stand was money well spent and not simply £1m pished away, eh? Especially when it would have covered the vast majority of the debt to HMRC.

bingo70
07-08-2009, 07:54 AM
The bit that gets me about all of this is that they've clearly got behind on their payments to HMRC because they couldn't afford to pay them (despite what some Yams claim about deliberately leaving it until the last minute).

They've now got a payment plan in place to clear that debt on top of the current tax liablities that they'll need to pay. As far as I can see, they haven't made any signifcant reductions to what they're paying out or taken in any huge cashflow injections in the last twelve months that would allow them to keep up with their current payments, let alone service the debt payments.

And remember they're due a rather large payment to the parent company in February...........

Still, I'm sure the £1m plus they invested in starting the process for their fantasy stand was money well spent and not simply £1m pished away, eh? Especially when it would have covered the vast majority of the debt to HMRC.

40/1 for hearts to get relegated is becoming more and more appealing by the day :wink:

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2009, 08:21 AM

You're forgetting that the boxes the application came in are still, presumably, owned by HoMFC, and can therefore be put to alternative uses. So the picture perhaps isn't quite as bleak as some critics of Hearts would have us all believe.

O'Rourke3
07-08-2009, 09:05 AM
You're forgetting that the boxes the application came in are still, presumably, owned by HoMFC, and can therefore be put to alternative uses. So the picture perhaps isn't quite as bleak as some critics of Hearts would have us all believe.

:faf:

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2009, 09:37 AM
I think our sponsors need to get with the times, their advert at the top of the page is surely out of debt now? 21 days, I bet the Yams wish that they had that long.

TICK TOCK

wazoo1875
07-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Do you have a lithp?

(oh, see what i did there!)
Yeth , now thtop mocking me :greengrin

Dan Sarf
07-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S

What do you think those glamorous new press boxes were made of? :greengrin

Tomsk
07-08-2009, 10:41 AM

What do you have in mind, Bob. Something like this, maybe? :hide: It's a long shot, but it might buy some time.

poolman
07-08-2009, 10:42 AM
What's the chance of there being a jumble sale at the local church on the day of their first home game of the season.

The queues are building up :agree:

http://www.gorgieparishchurch.org.uk/Outside%20Church.jpg

ScottB
07-08-2009, 11:24 AM

A barrier to keep out the bailiffs?

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2009, 02:12 PM
i was thinking about the way children at Christmas, with their vivid imaginations, and in their endearingly immature way, always discard the expensive gift and play with the packaging it comes in.

Why not simply raze the asbestos-ridden death trap to the ground, and line up the boxes the planning application came in, adjacent to the touchline opposite the Wheatfield, and then tell the window-lickers that it's the new £51 million stand? They would queue for miles to buy a season ticket for it.

Puts a whole new meaning on the smug, corporate boast, 'actually I have a box at Tynecastle.' If Vlad is reading this i'm sure he'll be tempted.

Tomsk
07-08-2009, 03:10 PM
i was thinking about the way children at Christmas, with their vivid imaginations, and in their endearingly immature way, always discard the expensive gift and play with the packaging it comes in.

Why not simply raze the asbestos-ridden death trap to the ground, and line up the boxes the planning application came in, adjacent to the touchline opposite the Wheatfield, and then tell the window-lickers that it's the new £51 million stand? They would queue for miles to buy a season ticket for it.

Puts a whole new meaning on the smug, corporate boast, 'actually I have a box at Tynecastle.' If Vlad is reading this i'm sure he'll be tempted.

Might be too late for that cunning plan.

Yams introduce their new signing:

http://www.geekologie.com/2007/11/26/lifesize-lego.jpg

Tomsk
07-08-2009, 03:19 PM
It would appear the new press boxes are not all they've been made out to be ....

http://cotswoldbookseller.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/cardboard-boxes.jpg

Dan Sarf
07-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Gentlemen. Since the Yams seem unable to save themselves, is it not time for us to take up their cause? Hawrts must not be allowed to disappear! This thread alone proves it. Life would be so DULL without them! :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Gentlemen. Since the Yams seem unable to save themselves, is it not time for us to take up their cause? Hawrts must not be allowed to disappear! This thread alone proves it. Life would be so DULL without them! :greengrin

Save the Jambos, tuppence a bag.

surreyhibbie
07-08-2009, 03:50 PM

Nope, the fun we would have watching them disappear up their own ********s would keep us amused for a very long time.:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Nope, the fun we would have watching them disappear up their own ********s would keep us amused for a very long time.:greengrin

They are like rats, they will always be with us. :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2009, 05:44 PM
It would appear the new press boxes are not all they've been made out to be ....

http://cotswoldbookseller.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/cardboard-boxes.jpg

Typical Yams, fighting amongst themselves again.

jacomo
07-08-2009, 07:05 PM

I've been assured by many Yams that their club will never die... it's simply too important.

As any offer of help would no doubt be rejected as a condescending gesture, and rejected, it's probably best to leave them to it.

Green_one
07-08-2009, 07:10 PM
40/1 for hearts to get relegated is becoming more and more appealing by the day :wink:

That my man could be the tip of the year.

Imagine the double celebration :greengrin

CentreLine
07-08-2009, 07:20 PM

Does anyone know if this money has actually been paid to the local authority or is it one of those unpaid bills?

Mibbes Aye
07-08-2009, 07:36 PM
I've been assured by many Yams that their club will never die... it's simply too important.

As any offer of help would no doubt be rejected as a condescending gesture, and rejected, it's probably best to leave them to it.

That's my understanding :agree:

Seemingly, because they've won the Scottish Cup three times in the last hundred years (like Clyde and St Mirren) and because they won the First World War all by themselves, Ban Ki-Moon has promised them that if necessary, the UN will step in and save them.

Unfortunately I don't think Ban realises the full extent of the mess they're in and may ultimately rescind the offer.

Fortunately, Homfc fans love being promised something then having it completely not delivered :agree:

They just can't get enough of it, as their subservience to Vlad proves. They'll just let it ride and then redirect their hurt and anger by pretending the SFA has it in for them :faf:

(As opposed to the truth, which is they play dirty football with dirty football players)

So there we have it - Homfc, chuffed with themselves because they think they've equalled Clyde, but not quite as financially viable.

matty_f
07-08-2009, 09:04 PM
That's my understanding :agree:

Seemingly, because they've won the Scottish Cup three times in the last hundred years (like Clyde and St Mirren) and because they won the First World War all by themselves, Ban Ki-Moon has promised them that if necessary, the UN will step in and save them.

Unfortunately I don't think Ban realises the full extent of the mess they're in and may ultimately rescind the offer.

Fortunately, Homfc fans love being promised something then having it completely not delivered :agree:

They just can't get enough of it, as their subservience to Vlad proves. They'll just let it ride and then redirect their hurt and anger by pretending the SFA has it in for them :faf:

(As opposed to the truth, which is they play dirty football with dirty football players)

So there we have it - Homfc, chuffed with themselves because they think they've equalled Clyde, but not quite as financially viable.

:greengrin The Yams - a poor man's Clyde. Love it!:thumbsup:

Mibbes Aye
07-08-2009, 09:27 PM
:greengrin The Yams - a poor man's Clyde. Love it!:thumbsup:

That's what they are :agree:

YehButNoBut
08-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Looks like they've coughed up :jamboak:...................for now anyway.

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-off-the-hook.5536454.jp

matty_f
08-08-2009, 10:32 AM

Think everyone expected this to be the way it panned out. Hopefully though, that bill will have robbed Plan F of any chance of bringing in any more players.

--------
08-08-2009, 10:37 AM

Lothians MSP George Foulkes, a former Hearts chairman, said HMRC's approach appeared to be "better late than never".

He said: "This is what I expected to happen and follows the previous pattern of how these things are dealt with.

"It shows (club director) Sergejus Fedotovas is true to his word.

"I have been looking into this issue and it would be wrong to single out Hearts as the only ones who let things go to the wire. I'm afraid HMRC have got a protocol they work on now with football clubs. The philosophy can be summed up as 'better late than never'."

So, this is the way Hearts always pay their bills - only after the creditor threatens them with court action.

And Chairman Fetid-off is telling the truth when he says that the cheque's in the post - only it's second-class post from Vilnius, via Vladivostok and Burkina Faso, and it'll take six months to arrive.

And everyone else is doing it too, so it's really OK.

Chairman Watson seems to agree:

Derek Watson, chairman of the Hearts Supporters Trust, said supporters were satisfied with the way the club had handled the threat of legal action.

He said: "I was quite happy with what Mr Fedotovas said at the time. It's not just the current regime that acts like this, Hearts over the years have paid bills at the last minute. This just seems to be the way football is at the moment.

"I'm concerned about the whole state of the Scottish game, as most people are, because we can't compete with teams south of the border.

"It's about trying to do the best we can in the current circumstances."

"We've been late paying our bills for years, so I don't see why HMRC were getting their knickers in a twist. Everyone else does it, so it must be OK."

Nice of them to be so concerned about the state of the rest of us, mind. :devil:

iwasthere1972
08-08-2009, 10:37 AM

Well that's their Europa group stages money gone.

Maybe they won't be so lucky the next time the HMRC come calling. Is there a pray smilie somewhere?

--------
08-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Well that's their Europa group stages money gone.

Maybe they won't be so lucky the next time the HMRC come calling. Is there a pray smilie somewhere?

What Europa group stages? They ain't there yet. :cool2:

iwasthere1972
08-08-2009, 10:54 AM
What Europa group stages? They ain't there yet. :cool2:

:agree: I know - they only paid the HMRC because they are pinning their hopes on getting to the big money stages.

--------
08-08-2009, 11:23 AM
:agree: I know - they only paid the HMRC because they are pinning their hopes on getting to the big money stages.

OOOOOHHHH DEARRRRR...... :devil:

CentreLine
08-08-2009, 11:30 AM
I like the little ditty some hahahearts fan has appended to his comment

"Hughes chased all the boys"

We should adopt that as one for the terraces, Yogi would be delighted and certainly not offended

:flag:

CentreLine
08-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Oh! and I wonder who is not gettig paid so that they could pay the tax man. Watch out for the rush of companies chasing them now

jgl07
08-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Does anyone know if this money has actually been paid to the local authority or is it one of those unpaid bills?
I am not convinced that anything has been paid yet.

HMRC have accepted Hearts proposed payment schedule and have withdrawn the document. For now!

iwasthere1972
08-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I like the little ditty some hahahearts fan has appended to his comment

"Hughes chased all the boys"

We should adopt that as one for the terraces, Yogi would be delighted and certainly not offended

:flag:

And the :ostrich: who writes

Why would they force Administration, even in the unlikely event of non payment, why would they do that to any company if they wanted their money, surely the business would still have to be trading to get it to them.

The taxman waits for nobody. Doesn't matter if your Champions League holders with 400,000 supporters or a wee corner shop. When they want their money they tend to get it or else.

Ticky tocky. :devil:

--------
08-08-2009, 11:49 AM
And the :ostrich: who writes

Why would they force Administration, even in the unlikely event of non payment, why would they do that to any company if they wanted their money, surely the business would still have to be trading to get it to them.

The taxman waits for nobody. Doesn't matter if your Champions League holders with 400,000 supporters or a wee corner shop. When they want their money they tend to get it or else.

Ticky tocky. :devil:

:agree: If there's no other way, they'll sell you down the river for what they can get, and make it as painful as possible.

Pour encourager les autres.... :devil:

--------
08-08-2009, 12:00 PM
And companies have been going out of business for years because of late payers, hence legislation regarding the payment of accounts.

Still, they are fine, all's well that ends well.
Must be some lump in the carpet in the PBS with all the stuff swept under it.

No carpet left, mate - they sold it to pay off the tax-man.