PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray

Gus
29-06-2009, 06:14 PM
best get his act together......getting spanked at the mo (well not that spanked) but getting beat

H18sry
29-06-2009, 06:16 PM
best get his act together......getting spanked:slipper::slipper: at the mo (well not that spanked) but getting beat

1 set down at the mo :grr:

Speedy
29-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Wawrinka 3/1 on Betfair at the moment. Decent Value

Barney McGrew
29-06-2009, 07:02 PM
1 set down at the mo :grr:

Ye of little faith :greengrin

Murray levels it up, 6-3 in the second set

Barney McGrew
29-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Murray wins the third 6-3

:partyhibb

Sir David Gray
29-06-2009, 07:47 PM
2-1 Murray. :thumbsup:

Never in doubt! :rolleyes:

:greengrin

Barney McGrew
29-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Going to the wire.

2-2 :grr:

Ed De Gramo
29-06-2009, 09:17 PM
'mon Wawrinka :cool2:

Think the match is Murray's though

Sir David Gray
29-06-2009, 09:23 PM
He was 3-1 up, now back to 3-3. :brickwall

jonty
29-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Yeah.

But the new roof looks good :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
29-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Moonlight tennis....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

over 3hrs this match has went on...well played to both players....defo value for money

Sir David Gray
29-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Moonlight tennis....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

over 3hrs this match has went on...well played to both players....defo value for money

:agree:

I'm gutted that I'm not there. :grr:

Sir David Gray
29-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Game, set, match, Murray! :thumbsup:

2-6, 6-3, 6-3, 5-7, 6-3.

He now plays Juan Carlos Ferrero in the quarter finals on Wednesday! :thumbsup:

Fantastic courage to come through that.

Well done, Andy!

jonty
29-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Fantastic match with some outstanding play.
You'd think he'd won the semi's with that response from the crowd and he's only just through to the quarters!

The lad is knackered! Thanks to the roof it's all done and dusted tonight.

chorley_fm
29-06-2009, 09:44 PM
he's no the only one knackered !

Well played, great match, makes a change from the usual serve / volley fayre

Pretty Boy
29-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Great result for Murray. Not the best performance technically at times perhaps but what grit and determination he showed.

It still surprises me how many people don't get behing Murray in Britain. the typical British mentality scorn the winning mindset, think Murray, Fergie, Calzaghe, Mansell etc etc yet have an unwavering support for the lovable losers and nice guys think Bruno, Henman etc etc.

Ed De Gramo
29-06-2009, 09:49 PM
he's no the only one knackered !

Well played, great match, makes a change from the usual serve / volley fayre

Agreed...

Altho I must confess that I switched over at 9 to watch a programme about false footballers :cool2:

Do people think Murray has what it takes to win?

My money is still on Fed :agree:

bingo70
29-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Great result for Murray. Not the best performance technically at times perhaps but what grit and determination he showed.

It still surprises me how many people don't get behing Murray in Britain. the typical British mentality scorn the winning mindset, think Murray, Fergie, Calzaghe, Mansell etc etc yet have an unwavering support for the lovable losers and nice guys think Bruno, Henman etc etc.

I think it took a while but i'd say pretty much everyone is behind Murray now

CallumLaidlaw
29-06-2009, 09:51 PM
I think it took a while but i'd say pretty much everyone is behind Murray now

hmm, I still have friends, both english and scottish that dont like him "cos he is boring and has no personality"

It's amazing how people pick up on something 3 years ago, and keep that same thought. Andy has matured since he first came on the scene, and his interviews are much better, and he shows a humourous side to him most of the time. Seemed (quite rightly) very emotional in his after match interview tonight

Ed De Gramo
29-06-2009, 09:58 PM
hmm, I still have friends, both english and scottish that dont like him "cos he is boring and has no personality"

It's amazing how people pick up on something 3 years ago, and keep that same thought. Andy has matured since he first came on the scene, and his interviews are much better, and he shows a humourous side to him most of the time. Seemed (quite rightly) very emotional in his after match interview tonight

I'm also not a fan of AM...just think (as you stated) he's very boring...I know the old 'but he's a Hibby' line will get thrown in but makes no difference. As for his mother...she's a pr!ck who hopefully receives a stray tennis ball in the mush sometime in the near future...it's just as well she's in the seating area...because at times she looks like she just wants to run up to his opponent and do her usual 'gritted teeth' style 'GIRFUY' at them.

Repulsive woman :agree:

Still think AM is making silly errors which would be punished by a better player but then Wimbledon is unpredictable and AM is nothing like that wuss Henman so mibbaes aye...mibbaes no on him winning

bingo70
29-06-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm also not a fan of AM...just think (as you stated) he's very boring...I know the old 'but he's a Hibby' line will get thrown in but makes no difference. As for his mother...she's a pr!ck who hopefully receives a stray tennis ball in the mush sometime in the near future...it's just as well she's in the seating area...because at times she looks like she just wants to run up to his opponent and do her usual 'gritted teeth' style 'GIRFUY' at them.

Still think AM is making silly errors which would be punished by a better player but then Wimbledon is unpredictable and AM is nothing like that wuss Henman so mibbaes aye...mibbaes no on him winning

He's a tennis player, what do you want him to do? wear a wacky tie, loud shirt and tell hilarious jokes?

If you ever see any of his press conferences he's actually quite a funny guy, extremely dry sense of humour though.

With regards to his mum, she's done a huge amount for tennis in Scotland, i've met her on quite a few occasions and in my experience she's not a prick at all, i know someone thats known her for a number of years and she's not changed despite her sons fame which i'm sure a lot of people would, of course she gets passionate about her sons games, wouldn't you :confused:

Pretty Boy
29-06-2009, 10:08 PM

I don't get this 'he's boring' nonsense though, he's a tennis player not a stand up comedian. He has a winning mentality and is focused when it comes to tennis. I've never understood why people want sportsmen to entertain them, i'd probably have nothing much to say either if i had to answer some of the stupid questions Murray gets asked.

Ed De Gramo
29-06-2009, 10:09 PM
He's a tennis player, what do you want him to do? wear a wacky tie, loud shirt and tell hilarious jokes?

If you ever see any of his press conferences he's actually quite a funny guy, extremely dry sense of humour though.

With regards to his mum, she's done a huge amount for tennis in Scotland, i've met her on quite a few occasions and in my experience she's not a prick at all, i know someone thats known her for a number of years and she's not changed despite her sons fame which i'm sure a lot of people would, of course she gets passionate about her sons games, wouldn't you :confused:

I'm not doubting what she's done for tennis....i'm talking about the way she conducts herself during matches. You see other tennis players family celebrating normally rather than the whole gritted teeth nonsense.

As for AM...not my cup of tea....more of a Roddick fan meself

Westie1875
29-06-2009, 10:10 PM

Based on what, how many times have you met her? Please tell me you are not basing your opinion on her facial expressions?

As for Murray being boring, I disagree, he is focussed when he plays and there is nothing wrong with that.

Go onto his website and read some of the random stuff he posts on there or actually listen to him when he is interviewed, boring he is not.

I think it is very sad that some people still refuse to support him, how often do we get a Scot who is genuinely world class at their sport? Embrace it!

Hibby D
29-06-2009, 10:12 PM
That was the most entertaining match so far in the tournament and I've not screamed as loud as that since Alan Wells won his first 100m Gold in the Commonwealth Games.

As for Andy's Mum - she's immense. I love her passion for her boy - Go Mrs Murray :thumbsup:

bingo70
29-06-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm not doubting what she's done for tennis....i'm talking about the way she conducts herself during matches. You see other tennis players family celebrating normally rather than the whole gritted teeth nonsense.

As for AM...not my cup of tea....more of a Roddick fan meself

Andy Roddick :confused:

i've not heard him tell one funny joke yet, plus have you not noticed how he always wears a white shirt and hat? Not exactly wacky or crazy is it?
He's boring :yawn:

I like peter kaye, dunno if he's good at tennis though :wink:

Ed De Gramo
29-06-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't get this 'he's boring' nonsense though, he's a tennis player not a stand up comedian. He has a winning mentality and is focused when it comes to tennis. I've never understood why people want sportsmen to entertain them, i'd probably have nothing much to say either if i had to answer some of the stupid questions Murray gets asked.

Murray, like Henman and Rusedski in the past, is the tennis equivilant of the England football team....they get bigged up so much that when it ends in glorious failure....everybodies speechless....happens every year

marinello59
29-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Murray, like Henman and Rusedski in the past, is the tennis equivilant of the England football team....they get bigged up so much that when it ends in glorious failure....everybodies speechless....happens every year

Keep digging.............................:greengrin

Ed De Gramo
29-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Keep digging.............................:greengrin

Just my opinion likesay....but given what it's been like the last few days of so...I expect to be rounded on because my views differ from other peoples:greengrin:cool2:

The_Horde
29-06-2009, 10:19 PM
That was the most entertaining match so far in the tournament and I've not screamed as loud as that since Alan Wells won his first 100m Gold in the Commonwealth Games.

As for Andy's Mum - she's immense. I love her passion for her boy - Go Mrs Murray :thumbsup:

Is it just me who has spotted something potentially quite undermining for a Mr.Hibby D in this?...

:duck:

Pretty Boy
29-06-2009, 10:20 PM

The difference is Henman failed every year consistently, Murray is still young and unlike Henman many non British pundits seem genuinely excited by him.

In a way i actually agree with you i hate the whole British obsession with glorious failure and putting down winners. A great example is Ricky Hatton, when he was unbeaten and a 2 weight champion the press were out to get him hence the whole 'Fatton' jibes and so on. He then lost to Floyd Mayweather and suddenly was a hero for being 'brave' and showing 'British spirit'. Bizzare.

Hibby D
29-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Is it just me who has spotted something potentially quite undermining for a Mr.Hibby D in this?...

:hilarious:

My own wee personal faux pas there :greengrin

Jay
29-06-2009, 10:32 PM

There's only one thing repulsive here and thats your comments about AM's mum - I'd like to see you say them to his face.Tennis ball in the mush? You also haven't seen me watching my boy play footy - replusively celebrating every goal vile woman that I am!

Jay
29-06-2009, 10:34 PM

:hilarious

you're a brave boy ben-jelloun :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
29-06-2009, 10:35 PM
There's only one thing repulsive here and thats your comments about AM's mum - I'd like to see you say them to his face.Tennis ball in the mush? You also haven't seen me watching my boy play footy - replusively celebrating every goal vile woman that I am!

I'm sure your not as mental as AM's mother....

Sir David Gray
29-06-2009, 10:39 PM

:confused: Have you ever met her?

I haven't met her personally but I know people who have and "prick" and "repulsive" aren't words they have ever used to describe her.

I'm also pretty fed up with this constant myth that Andy is boring and has no personality. When he is with his friends and family, he is extremely laid back and humorous, anyone who knows him well will tell you that. He is just not the most comfortable in front of the press.

At the end of the day, he is a tennis player and is paid to win tennis matches. I would say he does a pretty good job at doing just that.

Andy Murray is a winner, he has a winning mentality and there's not many British or Scottish sports people that you could say that about. We normally produce people that are quite content with mediocrity and valiant failures.

That's not good enough for Murray, he wants to be number one. It's extremely refreshing to see a Scottish sportsman who refuses to settle for second best.

If people don't want to support him, that is their choice but they could at least base their opinion on facts, instead of the English constantly going on about a tongue-in-cheek remark that was made three years ago when he was actually ribbed first about Scotland's football team and simply replied in a similar joking fashion (that part of the conversation is conveniently forgotten about by the media) and a perception that he is somehow boring.

As for Roddick.

Ace
Ace
Ace
Ace
Game, Roddick :zzzzz!:

And you think Murray's boring!?

Jay
29-06-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm sure your not as mental as AM's mother....

She didn't look mental to me, she was celebrating like everybody else, in fact probably a little more refined than anybody else and I certainly never saw her look like she wanted to run up to his opponent with her 'usual' GIRFUY' However there have been a few football coaches over the years that I have been very close to doing that to but like Mrs M I have managed to restrain myself.

However this threads not about me its about you being controversial again :rolleyes:

Saorsa
29-06-2009, 10:40 PM
http://www.3simplerules.com/images/digging.jpg

Gramo, would you like a ladder :dunno:

Jay
29-06-2009, 10:42 PM
http://www.3simplerules.com/images/digging.jpg

Grammo, would you like a ladder :dunno:

:faf::faf::faf:

The_Horde
29-06-2009, 10:42 PM
:hilarious:

My own wee personal faux pas there :greengrin

:hilarious

you're a brave boy ben-jelloun :greengrin

She reacted well

I think..

To be honest though, i could pretty much say anything on this thread, every mother on this board will be hunting down Garmo who clearly has no intentions of seeing in his 24th Birthday.

Jay
29-06-2009, 10:45 PM

She reacted well

I think..

To be honest though, i could pretty much say anything on this thread, every mother on this board will be hunting down Garmo who clearly has no intentions of seeing in his 24th Birthday.

Who is to say AM doesn't read this board? if he wants I will personally hand deliver Gramo to him for a chat and when he is finished with him his mum may want to grit her teeth and GIRFUH (H being him) :greengrin

The_Horde
29-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Who is to say AM doesn't read this board? if he wants I will personally hand deliver Gramo to him for a chat and when he is finished with him his mum may want to grit her teeth and GIRFUH (H being him) :greengrin

Or maybe AM will catch up with him at Easter Road for the new year derby and have a wee chat.

It won't be too hard to find him, he'll be the only person in the stadium sitting on his hands the whole match.

Jay
29-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Or maybe AM will catch up with him at Easter Road for the new year derby and have a wee chat.

It won't be too hard to find him, he'll be the only person in the stadium sitting on his hands the whole match.

Aye with his mouth tightly shut in case AM tries the tennis ball trick Gramo so desperately wants to see :greengrin

--------
29-06-2009, 11:01 PM

If you think Murray's tennis is boring, you know absolutely nothing about the game. There was nothing whatsoever boring about that game. But then, you do have a history of deliberately picking the opposite side of the argument from everyone else.

As for your comments about Judy Murray, all you're doing is demonstrating your own immaturity and lack of judgement, IMO. Of course she wanted Andy to win - she's his mum, for goodness' sake. All things considered, I'd say she was pretty restrained in her reactions.

As for the "GIRFUY" business - don't assume that other people would display the same childish and abusive responses to stress that you yourself would.

"She's a pr!ck who hopefully receives a stray tennis ball in the mush..." - "that wuss Henman..." - that just about accurately demonstrates the level you're operating at.... :bitchy:

There's only one thing repulsive here and thats your comments about AM's mum - I'd like to see you say them to his face. Tennis ball in the mush? You also haven't seen me watching my boy play footy - replusively celebrating every goal vile woman that I am!

Bad, bad, BAD Jill! You're supposed to applaud the opposition, don't you know?

I think we should stop feeding the Troll, hm? He's only doing it to get attention from the grown-ups.... :wink:

The_Horde
29-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Aye with his mouth tightly shut in case AM tries the tennis ball trick Gramo so desperately wants to see :greengrin

I'd like to see that one, would top the bean bath. :greengrin

No offence Garmo, but if you'd said the same about my mum..

--------
29-06-2009, 11:03 PM

You want me to do the funeral?

Tell me when and I'll put it in the diary. :devil:

The_Horde
29-06-2009, 11:04 PM
If you think Murray's tennis is boring, you know absolutely nothing about the game. There was nothing whatsoever boring about that game. But then, you do have a history of deliberately picking the opposite side of the argument from everyone else.

As for your comments about Judy Murray, all you're soing is demonstrating your own immaturity and lack of judgement, IMO. Of course she wanted Andy to win - she's his mum, for goodness' sake. All things considered, I'd say she was pretty restrained in her reactions.

As for the "GIRFUY" business - don't assume that other people would display the same childish and abusive responses to stress that you yourself would.

"She's a pr!ck who hopefully receives a stray tennis ball in the mush..." - "that wuss Henman..." - that just about accirately demonstrates the level you operate at.... :bitchy:

Bad, bad, BAD Jill! You're supposed to applaud the opposition, don't you know?

I think we should stop feeding the Troll, hm? He's only doing it to get attention from the grown-ups.... :wink:

Normally a good idea, but theres no football on so we need something to debate about. :greengrin

Hibbie_Cameron
29-06-2009, 11:04 PM
God almighty gramo, i respect differing opinons on this and every other message board i read but your postings on this are complete and utter tripe and out of order.

You dont like Murray, fair enough but your reasons for not liking him are scraping the barrell to the extreme. His mother comes over as classy woman, someone who follows her son all over the world at every oppertunity whilst also working her ass off to create future successes in what you could call a minority sport.

If there were more mothers/parents in this country with the passion she has, whilst also giving something back to the sport, then Scotland would do a dam sight better at producing talented WINNERS. If that was my son playing there tonight i would be doing a hell of a lot more than grit my teeth i tell you, i would be hanging over the balcony or even trying to get on the court

Some of the stories you here about Murray during practice are refreshing to hear. Someone who takes his sport seriously but also has the time for a laugh whilst performing dares etc.

Tonight i was leaping about when Murray won. I never thought he was going to for some time. I am a huge fan of his and of any other Scottish sportsman or woman. What pride they fill me with when they win, whether its Chris Hoy, Andy Murray, Elena Baltacha or the Womens curling team of years gone by, I dont care. To many people slate Scottish sport in this country but when a rare success arises people still get on their back.

Congrats Andy, lets look forward to Wednesday but hopefully less nerves and more celebrating

Jay
29-06-2009, 11:06 PM
You want me to do the funeral?

Tell me when and I'll put it in the diary. :devil:

I'll let you know when Andy gets in touch :wink:

The_Horde
29-06-2009, 11:06 PM
God almighty gramo, i respect differing opinons on this and every other message board i read but your postings on this are complete and utter tripe and out of order.

You dont like Murray, fair enough but your reasons for not liking him are scraping the barrell to the extreme. His mother comes over as classy woman, someone who follows her son all over the world at every oppertunity whilst also working her ass off to create future successes in what you could call a minority sport.

If there were more mothers/parents in this country with the passion she has, whilst also giving something back to the sport, then Scotland would do a dam sight better at producing talented WINNERS. If that was my son playing there tonight i would be doing a hell of a lot more than grit my teeth i tell you, i would be hanging over the balcony or even trying to get on the court

Some of the stories you here about Murray during practice are refreshing to hear. Someone who takes his sport seriously but also has the time for a laugh whilst performing dares etc.

Tonight i was leaping about when Murray won. I never thought he was going to for some time. I am a huge fan of his and of any other Scottish sportsman or woman. What pride they fill me with when they win, whether its Chris Hoy, Andy Murray, Elena Baltacha or the Womens curling team of years gone by, I dont care. To many people slate Scottish sport in this country but when a rare success arises people still get on their back.

Congrats Andy, lets look forward to Wednesday but hopefully less nerves and more celebrating

Amen. :top marks

Hank Schrader
29-06-2009, 11:26 PM
So Gramo, if that was your son/daughter playing an exciting game of Tennis at the worlds premier tournament, would you be able to sit on your hands the whole way though the game?

How else is she supposed to react? Jeezo lad!!! :greengrin

--------
29-06-2009, 11:29 PM
I'll let you know when Andy gets in touch :wink:

We can cremate him (Morga, I mean) in a bath-tub shaped casket filled with baked beans and tastefully ornamented with decorative tennis balls.

"We now commit his body to the elements, ashes to ashes, beans to beans, ketchup to ketchup....."

Have I taken that too far? :devil:

--------
29-06-2009, 11:31 PM

EXACTLY what you said, mate. :top marks

Hank Schrader
29-06-2009, 11:36 PM

Post of the day Cameron. :top marks

sleeping giant
29-06-2009, 11:50 PM
She didn't look mental to me, she was celebrating like everybody else, in fact probably a little more refined than anybody else and I certainly never saw her look like she wanted to run up to his opponent with her 'usual' GIRFUY' However there have been a few football coaches over the years that I have been very close to doing that to but like Mrs M I have managed to restrain myself.

However this threads not about me its about you being controversial again :rolleyes:
Oh ya bitch:greengrin

shamo9
30-06-2009, 02:18 AM
I'm surprised that Murray can still muster a smile every once and a while when he's interviewed. The questions he's asked are just so tedious and repetitive: "How was training, Andy?", "Think you'll win Wimbledon, Andy?", "What about the possible final against Roger, Andy?", "So... how do you think you played?"

You can tell by the way he squirms that he's just looking for a way out... I don't blame him! Hell, they even interviewed him about 40 seconds after the match yesterday, give him a chance to breathe! People need to realise that the press are an unwanted obligation, it's natural that there may be a lack of enthusiasm on the interviewee's part.

Just Jimmy
30-06-2009, 04:13 AM

if someone else posted that I'd say well done, but you did, so I won't :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
30-06-2009, 07:38 AM
I like Murray and find his mother sexy in an older 'Mrs Robinson' sort of way.

Mind you, I'm 40 now, so have to stop thinking like a 21 year old.

Jay
30-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Oh ya bitch:greengrin

Who me? :devil:

--------
30-06-2009, 11:21 AM
I like Murray and find his mother sexy in an older 'Mrs Robinson' sort of way.

Mind you, I'm 40 now, so have to stop thinking like a 21 year old.

MMMMMMM..... :hmmm:

Anne Bancroft...... :devil:

:blushie:

Jonnyboy
30-06-2009, 07:40 PM

You don't just look like a 12 year old Gramo, you post like one. The most ill informed, juvenile pash I've read in ages

Judas Iscariot
30-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Garmo you are 100% THE Champion Flange on here..

Not even in a good way though..

I bet you wouldn't be so disrespectful to AM or his mother in person..

I'd love for someone to be so rude and judgemental about 1 of your parents without even meeting them, then see how you react!

:bye:

HibbyScott
01-07-2009, 12:39 AM
Garmo you are 100% THE Champion Flange on here..

Not even in a good way though..

I bet you wouldn't be so disrespectful to AM or his mother in person..

I'd love for someone to be so rude and judgemental about 1 of your parents without even meeting them, then see how you react!

:bye:

I think Garmo's mum deserves a good baked bean in the mush...

--------
01-07-2009, 09:40 AM
I think Garmo's mum deserves a good baked bean in the mush...

You'd want to take it out of the tin first, though.... :wink:

I've come to the opinion that A-Gorm should be officially designated "Troll".

It's summer, and the schools are out, and the bairns get bored and start trying to get attention from the grown-ups.

Maybe if his MUM would buy him one of those trampolines with the high net sides and just put him in there for the duration, well away from the computer, we'd all get a bit of piece.

Wait till we get the Official Gomar "Alan O'Brien Is Our Best Player And Should Be Given An Extended Contract Now" thread..... :rolleyes:

Hibby D
01-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Notice he's been very quiet since he let this one off.

I liken it to farting in an airtight room full of people and leaving everyone else to deal with the smell as you sit back and watch the carnage enfold.

Or trolling :agree:

Jay
01-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Notice he's been very quiet since he let this one off.

I liken it to farting in an airtight room full of people and leaving everyone else to deal with the smell as you sit back and watch the carnage enfold.

Or trolling :agree:

:agree:

I like your analogy - Gramo and farts. maybe thats why he chose a bath full of beans :greengrin

greenlex
01-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Murray has just came from 3-1 down in the second set against Ferrero to win 20 out of 21 points to win the set 6-3!!!!! Absolutely awsome. 2 nil up in sets. Cruising. :thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
01-07-2009, 03:38 PM
Absolutely awsome. 2 nil up in sets. Cruising. :thumbsup:

It's certainly not the difficult QF many were predicting :greengrin

da-robster
01-07-2009, 03:40 PM
You don't just look like a 12 year old Gramo, you post like one. The most ill informed, juvenile pash I've read in ages

There's nothing wrong with 12 year olds. :greengrin

Barney McGrew
01-07-2009, 03:57 PM
All over in three sets, 7-5 6-3 6-2. Absolutely steamrollered him.

Roddick or Hewitt next up in the semi on Friday :cool2:

sleeping giant
01-07-2009, 03:59 PM
All over in three sets, 7-5 6-3 6-2. Absolutely steamrollered him.

Roddick or Hewitt next up in the semi on Friday :cool2:
Eh ?

I am meant to be watching it "live" right now on the pc:confused:

The bassas:grr:

Barney McGrew
01-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Eh ?

You need to get faster broadband :greengrin

sleeping giant
01-07-2009, 04:02 PM
You need to get faster broadband :greengrin

Somethings not right !! The match is still at 5-2 in the 3rd but i can hear Murray being interviewed.:grr:

davym7062
01-07-2009, 04:22 PM
brilliant from andy. the boy is quality:thumbsup::thumbsup:

--------
01-07-2009, 04:45 PM

There's nothing wrong with 12 year olds. :greengrin

Orgma isn't anything like a 12-year-old.

Nothing like as mature.

Silly wee troll is what he is. :devil:

Ed De Gramo
01-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Orgma isn't anything like a 12-year-old.

Nothing like as mature.

Silly wee troll is what he is. :devil:

:yawn:

So because I refuse to support Murray...i'm a troll....highly original :yawn:

jonty
01-07-2009, 08:47 PM

:bitchy: Thats not all you did. You slated his mother.

Opinions - yes. Being completely disrespectful of a non-yam- non.

Cmon Garmo - you know the rules of being a sensible hibee :wink:

Ed De Gramo
01-07-2009, 08:51 PM
:bitchy: Thats not all you did. You slated his mother.

Opinions - yes. Being completely disrespectful of a non-yam- non.

Cmon Garmo - you know the rules of being a sensible hibee :wink:

Das ist true squire....mibbae I was cruel towards his mother....she just annoys when i'm trying to watch the tennis :grr:

Never saw the match today but caught the Roddick match...the semi's are gonna be amazing :thumbsup:

--------
01-07-2009, 09:56 PM

No - it's your unpleasant and immature comments about Judy Murray I objected to.

And your deep and enduring wish to always appear in a minority of one.

iwasthere1972
01-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Eh ?

:faf:

That reminds me of the time I was watching a match and had paused it on my Sky+ for about half and hour while I was making dinner. The match ended in a draw after 90 minutes and the BBC1 announcer said that extra time would be shown on BBC2. I turned it over looking forward to watching the finale but the match had actually ended. I forgot I had paused the game.

:grr:

Ed De Gramo
01-07-2009, 10:00 PM
No - it's your unpleasant and immature comments about Judy Murray I objected to.

And your deep and enduring wish to always appear in a minority of one.

Think you'll find i've never supported Murray and it's been quiet a few years now :agree:

Jay
01-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Das ist true squire....mibbae I was cruel towards his mother....she just annoys when i'm trying to watch the tennis :grr:

Never saw the match today but caught the Roddick match...the semi's are gonna be amazing :thumbsup:

I watched her closely for you today Gramo - she must have read your comments as she was wearing one of these :tin hat: Not once did she celebrate her son winning even one point.

Much more reasonable and only whats to be expected I thought :rolleyes:

I actually couldn't care less what you think of AM but your comments about his mum were vile and totally unnecessary, not that I need to tell you that as I am sure you knew what you were doing when you posted it.

Ed De Gramo
01-07-2009, 10:15 PM
I watched her closely for you today Gramo - she must have read your comments as she was wearing one of these :tin hat: Not once did she celebrate her son winning even one point.

Much more reasonable and only whats to be expected I thought :rolleyes:

I actually couldn't care less what you think of AM but your comments about his mum were vile and totally unnecessary, not that I need to tell you that as I am sure you knew what you were doing when you posted it.

If thats what you really think then fair enough....

Jay
01-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Think you'll find i've never supported Murray and it's been quiet a few years now :agree:

Maybe you need to see an ENT specialist :dunno:

Jonnyboy
01-07-2009, 10:44 PM

You watched the Roddick match

Hmmmm

I'd be interested to read your views on Hewitt's little group of supporters?

HibbyScott
01-07-2009, 11:00 PM
You watched the Roddick match

Hmmmm

I'd be interested to read your views on Hewitt's little group of supporters?

I thought they were vile :greengrin How DARE they even consider supporting their country's current biggest tennis star :agree:

Jonnyboy
01-07-2009, 11:13 PM
I thought they were vile :greengrin How DARE they even consider supporting their country's current biggest tennis star :agree:

Do you think maybe they deserved a tennis ball in the mush each? :greengrin

Nando™
02-07-2009, 12:23 AM

Mate sometimes I think you say these things just for the sake of saying it.

HibbyScott
02-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Do you think maybe they deserved a tennis ball in the mush each? :greengrin

New balls please :greengrin

Jonnyboy
02-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Mate sometimes I think you say these things just for the sake of saying it.

That sounds about right Nando :agree:

Sir David Gray
02-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Anyone else see Murray's press conference on the STV sport?

The English media really will not let it drop when it comes to Murray's allegiances when England are playing team sports.

Today he was asked by one reporter if he liked cricket and, if so, who he would be supporting in the Ashes this year.

Murray then dropped his head against the desk in front of him for a few seconds and then said "Let's move on to the next question".:greengrin

Give him his due, after the disgraceful treatment that he received from the English media three years ago, it would have been very easy for him to have said that he would be supporting England in the Ashes just to keep the peace and maybe gain more support, but he didn't.

Well done, Andy! :thumbsup:

All I can say is, they must be very insecure within themselves if they keep asking a Scottish tennis player whether or not he is supporting them at football and cricket.

sauzee_4
02-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Maybe off topic, but who's the bird who always wears the saltire facepaint and A N D Y painted across her chest? :drool: :drool: been there all week she's actually lush :cool2:

HibbyScott
02-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Anyone else see Murray's press conference on the STV sport?

The English media really will not let it drop when it comes to Murray's allegiances when England are playing team sports.

Today he was asked by one reporter if he liked cricket and, if so, who he would be supporting in the Ashes this year.

Murray then dropped his head against the desk in front of him for a few seconds and then said "Let's move on to the next question".:greengrin
Give him his due, after the disgraceful treatment that he received from the English media three years ago, it would have been very easy for him to have said that he would be supporting England in the Ashes just to keep the peace and maybe gain more support, but he didn't.

Well done, Andy! :thumbsup:

All I can say is, they must be very insecure within themselves if they keep asking a Scottish tennis player whether or not he is supporting them at football and cricket.

And people still say he doesn't have a sense of humour? I've seen a couple of his press things this week where he's answered some questions with what I consider (not sure how good a yard stick that is :greengrin) to be funny answers. After his QF, he was asked about the current and former Miss Scotland's watching him, one of whom was in Andy's class at school, and his answer was "Yeah, she's really rather annoying" which I thought to be very funny.

Anyway - Mona Andy tomorrow :thumbsup: And I hope Judy gets it right up A-Rod :wink: Edit: Ooo-eer mrs

vein
02-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Maybe off topic, but who's the bird who always wears the saltire facepaint and A N D Y painted across her chest? :drool: :drool: been there all week she's actually lush :cool2:

Andys ma, the one that Gramo hates :agree: