PDA

View Full Version : Bowlers – Scottish Finals in Ayr, who’s going?

Jack
16-06-2009, 01:32 PM
I know nowt about bowling but Mrs Jack, or Jackie as she’s otherwise known, is a fine wee bowler. :agree:

On Sunday, after watching the Legends, I popped round to see her in the District Finals at Leith Bowling Club. She's in the 4 ball pairs or the double foursomes or something – she and her mother play with 4 balls each!

Anyway when I arrived she, they, were 8-10 down but went on to win 16-10 or something like that and will now be going to the Scottish :saltireflagFinals in Ayr. Well done Mrs A and Mrs As mum Mrs H!!! :cup:

Anyone else going to Ayr as a player or spectator – I might need a pub mate!!! :party:

Sunny Leith
16-06-2009, 02:35 PM
I know nowt about bowling but Mrs Jack, or Jackie as she’s otherwise known, is a fine wee bowler. :agree:

On Sunday, after watching the Legends, I popped round to see her in the District Finals at Leith Bowling Club. She's in the 4 ball pairs or the double foursomes or something – she and her mother play with 4 balls each!

Anyway when I arrived she, they, were 8-10 down but went on to win 16-10 or something like that and will now be going to the Scottish :saltireflagFinals in Ayr. Well done Mrs A and Mrs As mum Mrs H!!! :cup:

Anyone else going to Ayr as a player or spectator – I might need a pub mate!!! :party:

Not me sadly, got beat in the final of the u'25's :boo hoo:

Always next year tho.

Speedy
16-06-2009, 09:57 PM
The reps for district 12 are:

Singles - Slateford(Rab Marshall)

Pairs - Sighthill

Triples - Gorgie

Fours - Slateford

U25 Singles - Juniper(Russell Wilson)

Seniors - ?

Craig_in_Prague
18-06-2009, 07:14 AM
When are the finals??

tanfield
18-06-2009, 07:25 AM
Week beginning 29th July. Mens and ladies joined finals for the first time.