PDA

View Full Version : Ice Hockey's Homecoming - If you are an Ice Hockey fan, don't miss this!

PC Stamp
13-06-2009, 03:59 PM
A good few hockey fans on here who might be interested in this.

http://www.hockeyshomecoming.com

The AHL is a mere one level below the NHL and this may be the only chance you'll ever get to see teams of this calibre in Scotland. For Toronto Marlies and Hamilton Bulldogs read Toronto Maple Leafs Reserves v Montreal Canadiens Reserves!

Tickets I'm told are already going fast with great interest from over the Pond. There will be beer tents selling not only a good selection of ales, wines and spirits but also no doubt selling copious amounts of the famous Murrayfield Stovies!

This tournament is a huge with a capital HUGE coup for Edinburgh, so hockey fans ... get out and support it. That also goes for non hockey fans too. Introduce yourself to the fastest team sport on the planet in a great family atmosphere!

stu in nottingham
14-06-2009, 08:26 AM
That is great news for hockey fans in the Capital (and those of us a bit futher afield). I'm definitely thinking about coming up for a piece of that.

Well done to all concerned.

mglancy23
14-06-2009, 09:22 AM

The AHL is a mere one level below the NHL and this may be the only chance you'll ever get to see teams of this calibre in Scotland. For Toronto Marlies and Hamilton Bulldogs read Toronto Maple Leafs Reserves v Montreal Canadiens Reserves!

Tickets I'm told are already going fast with great interest from over the Pond. There will be beer tents selling not only a good selection of ales, wines and spirits but also no doubt selling copious amounts of the famous Murrayfield Stovies!

This tournament is a huge with a capital HUGE coup for Edinburgh, so hockey fans ... get out and support it. That also goes for non hockey fans too. Introduce yourself to the fastest team sport on the planet in a great family atmosphere!

i will be going! i was over in toronto not that long ago and tried to see the maple leafs! but they where away when i was free.

went to see the marlies and was a great game! very good team and played some excellent ice hockey. one player mark bell was brilliant, dont think he touched the puck once! he just went about fighting and charging into the opposition :greengrin

GhostofBolivar
14-06-2009, 06:43 PM

That might be a bit misleading. This tournament is taking place a week before the NHL and AHL seasons start. In other words - right at the end of training camp, before the NHL teams finalise their rosters. The teams they're going to send over aren't going to be full strength AHL squads.

The parent clubs are still going to be carrying players; they're going to bring over unsigned free agents to take a look at them; and they might bring over draft picks to give them some experience before sending them back to junior. According to Slam Sports, the Marlies plan on bringing 15 players cut from the Leafs training camp and then fill out the team with tryouts. Meaning a third of their team may not get a job with them, while the guys who'll be the backbone of their team next year will likely still be with the Leafs.

GhostofBolivar
14-06-2009, 06:47 PM
i will be going! i was over in toronto not that long ago and tried to see the maple leafs! but they where away when i was free.

went to see the marlies and was a great game! very good team and played some excellent ice hockey. one player mark bell was brilliant, dont think he touched the puck once! he just went about fighting and charging into the opposition :greengrin

Bell got waived. He's with the Rangers now. Just as well. He wasn't good and the coach - who's coincidentally jsut been fired - gave him too much ice time.

But we'll always have Alfie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI3HmItdbvM)