PDA

View Full Version : If Yogi - Darren Barr to replace Jones?

NW
08-06-2009, 08:15 AM
If Yogi does join us, I understand Darren Barr is keen to come along too.

Only about 5'11 but a reasonable centre half and given we should get decent wedge for Jones I hope we can splash the cash.

Not sure if there are any other decent players at Falkirk? Arfield and Cregg???

Who else may he swoop for?

Houchy
08-06-2009, 08:27 AM
If Yogi does join us, I understand Darren Barr is keen to come along too.
Only about 5'11 but a reasonable centre half and given we should get decent wedge for Jones I hope we can splash the cash.

Not sure if there are any other decent players at Falkirk? Arfield and Cregg???

Who else may he swoop for?

First part seems a bit of a non story really:agree:.

IF Yogi joins us, Darren Barr would maybe like to join us, but might not join us?:confused:

FWIW, I agree that he's a decent player:agree:

Perspective
08-06-2009, 08:38 AM
Arfield's a terrific prospect, but he would probably be outwith our price range.

Normally I'd take Barr too - another good player in the making - but I think Hogg needs a bigger, nastier partner.

Potentially Dani Mallo to compete with Maka. There's no-one else I think who would really enhance the squad.

Genuinely excited for the new season now. Firmly believe Yogi is the best man for the job.

Barney McGrew
08-06-2009, 08:38 AM
Darren Barr is probably one of the best CB in the SPL right now.

Whether it's Yogi or not, he'd be a tremendous signing for us :agree:

I'd have Arfield and Cregg in our midfield in a shot as well.

number 27
08-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Are Mallo and Cregg out of contract? I would take them :agree:

I cant see us being able to afford Arfield or Barr.

Ceske Bairn
08-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Are Mallo and Cregg out of contract? I would take them :agree:

I cant see us being able to afford Arfield or Barr.

Yes to the Mallo/Cregg question.

re Arfield/Barr, I think they will end up down south if anywhere. I know Burnley had a 650k bid turned down for Barr in January and that they wanted to be kept informed of any interest in the pair.

Petrie's Tache
08-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Ceske,

What is your thoughts on Yogi as a manager?

rebhar07
08-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Darren Barr is a fantastic player i'll be delighted if he comes. Hopefully Arfield will come too.:greengrin:thumbsup:

Broken Gnome
08-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Would Arfield command the same interest (from the OF in particular) that he did a while back? Seems playing for relegation candidates has stifled the hype he was getting anyway, to the extent that a bid from Hibs or England wouldn't necessarily lead to automatic overtures from Glasgow. Worth a punt if Hibs had the money, similar to the Naismith bid under Collins. A guaranteed profit at the very least you'd imagine.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Maybe McCann and Pressley would not be too high on our list?

col02
08-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Tam Scobbie is a guy not mentioned so far and a good prospect imho too.

sauzee=legend
08-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Scobbie :bitchy:
Infront of stevenson, hanlon or murray... no thanks.

Ceske Bairn
08-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Ceske,

What is your thoughts on Yogi as a manager?

I appreciate big time what he has managed to do at Falkirk in his 6 years. We are a provincial club with a support of around 4500-5000. He has done very well in what he has achieved and what he has helped establish, ie World class training facilities at Stirling Uni and the Acadamy.

In terms of here and now, I think both parties could do with a change. Yogi has a certain type of football style that is very pleasing to watch but doesnt alwayss get the results. He has said himself, he would rather go to Ibrox/Parkhead and lose 7-2 (which we did) than sit in play for a draw.

Hibs have better strikers than we do so he may fair better at ER.

My main gripe with Yogi is that he never seems to have a plan B. If the opposition suss out his game plan we are ****ed.

greenlex
08-06-2009, 11:23 AM
I appreciate big time what he has managed to do at Falkirk in his 6 years. We are a provincial club with a support of around 4500-5000. He has done very well in what he has achieved and what he has helped establish, ie World class training facilities at Stirling Uni and the Acadamy.

In terms of here and now, I think both parties could do with a change. Yogi has a certain type of football style that is very pleasing to watch but doesnt alwayss get the results. He has said himself, he would rather go to Ibrox/Parkhead and lose 7-2 (which we did) than sit in play for a draw.

My main gripe with Yogi is that he never seems to have a plan B. If the opposition suss out his game plan we are ****ed.
Aw Naw. That has a familiar ring to it. :boo hoo:

Expecting Rain
08-06-2009, 11:31 AM
I don`t think that Barr is that good, though he would be an improvement on the former under 21 England captain.

--------
08-06-2009, 11:35 AM

Aw Naw. That has a familiar ring to it. :boo hoo:

Be fair, greenlex. Mixu didn't even, ever, have a Plan A. :cool2:

JimBHibees
08-06-2009, 11:41 AM
We couldnt afford Barr or Arfield IMO. Arfiled looks an excellent prospect.

Cregg more likely being out of contract.

Billychaotic182
08-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Would love to see Barr at hibs but i cant see hibs buyin him

3pm
08-06-2009, 12:40 PM
If Fletcher goes, I wonder if Stokes might make an appearance? Obviously not at Falkirk now but he Hughes was the one who gave him a platform.

Tomsk
08-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Be fair, greenlex. Mixu didn't even, ever, have a Plan A. :cool2:

He did have a Plan A. He just couldn't see that it wasn't working. The tragedy was that because he thought Plan A was working he never moved on to Plan B, which by all accounts was masterly. :devil:

Cod Boy
08-06-2009, 01:11 PM
falkirk have a good young player mark stewart i would like to see him at hibs

cleanyman
08-06-2009, 01:18 PM
No, these are players who nearly got relegated for God sake. I aree on Arfield however, he has talent but bigger clubs will be interested.

hibztilltheend
08-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Maybe McCann and Pressley would not be too high on our list?

he's retired

maybe he could bring Anthony Stokes

Sean1875
08-06-2009, 03:47 PM
No, these are players who nearly got relegated for God sake. I aree on Arfield however, he has talent but bigger clubs will be interested.
Completely irrelevant if they nearly got relegated, just because of the fact that the rest of their team wasnt as a high standard of player as him why should that put us off signing him? :confused:

Ceske Bairn
08-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Stokes is on 15k a week. He wont return north of the border

Edinburgh Green
08-06-2009, 03:51 PM
I don`t think that Barr is that good, though he would be an improvement on the former under 21 England captain.

I'd agree, his first few seasons in the SPL he looked a real talent, he seems to have leveled off a bit in terms of progress......reminds me of Fletchers progress, or non progress.

3pm
08-06-2009, 03:52 PM

Best way for Sunderland to get a fee is for him to score goals. He'll score more up here than he will down there so I wouldn't rule it out.

Ceske Bairn
08-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Best way for Sunderland to get a fee is for him to score goals. He'll score more up here than he will down there so I wouldn't rule it out.

Your right but I still cant see it. I believe its been Stokes himself who has ruled out several loan deals back north rather than the club.

From memory he doesnt think the SPL is big enough for him

3pm
08-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Your right but I still cant see it. I believe its been Stokes himself who has ruled out several loan deals back north rather than the club.

Fairy Nuff! :thumbsup:

Potty78
08-06-2009, 03:56 PM

Whats your goalkeeper like,rumour on bounce he will sign for us this week?

hibbybrian
08-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Whats your goalkeeper like,rumour on bounce he will sign for us this week?

I think he just signed a new 2 year extension to his contract - so unlikely if that's the case

London Hibs FC
08-06-2009, 04:06 PM
I'd truly love to see Jackie McNamara at ER next year.

He was PPOY at Falkirk this year, still has the legs to carry on for another good season and could give the squad cover in a few positions.

He's a fantastically experienced player who leads by example in terms of the way he conducts himself on and off the park, important for a side as young as ours and especially if Jones does go.

He was just finishing off his A Licence last week in Belfast and I could honestly see him playing a vital role in the development of our young players for many years to come.

He's made no secret of his desire to finish off his playing career at Easter Road and, I for one, hope that Yogi gives him the opportunity.

Judas Iscariot
21-08-2009, 02:18 PM

:blah:

Will he not..

:faf:

monktonharp
21-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Best way for Sunderland to get a fee is for him to score goals. He'll score more up here than he will down there so I wouldn't rule it out.:wink:got it spot on mate

Ceske Bairn
21-08-2009, 08:00 PM
:blah:

Will he not..

:faf:

To be fair, he was on 15k a week.

Fair play if hes now choosing football over money. Best of luck to Stokesy, just not tomorrow :wink:

BroxburnHibee
21-08-2009, 08:08 PM

An almost Gramoesque faux pas..........:wink:

Shame we didn't have a bet on it.

Hibs07p
22-08-2009, 06:52 AM
An almost Gramoesque faux pas..........:wink:

Shame we didn't have a bet on it.

Peter Douglas post 58

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=158670&page=2

might be up for a bet? :greengrin