PDA

View Full Version : NFL draft

Haymaker
06-05-2009, 05:43 PM
how do people feel their teams did?

Im a patriots fan and im quite pleased but im not too clued up on the college kids tbh other than what has been posted on the patriots website. Any other pats fans got some comments?

Sylar
06-05-2009, 06:01 PM
We've picked up some really good young acquisitions who will bolster our squad, whilst providing a balance of experience (in the existing squad) with some really good prospects!

Steve Williams (the Defensive Line) is a cracking young player who was with Missouri State (?) last year.

Robert Ortiz (WR) was at San Diego State last year and had a cracking season.

Overall, the balance and quality of the picks will go a long way to ensuring the Superbowl returns home this year. :thumbsup:

Haymaker
06-05-2009, 07:23 PM
We've picked up some really good young acquisitions who will bolster our squad, whilst providing a balance of experience (in the existing squad) with some really good prospects!

Steve Williams (the Defensive Line) is a cracking young player who was with Missouri State (?) last year.

Robert Ortiz (WR) was at San Diego State last year and had a cracking season.

Overall, the balance and quality of the picks will go a long way to ensuring the Superbowl returns home this year. :thumbsup:

I hope so. I was disappointed to hear Hobbs has left what can you do?

Apparently Favre to the vikings?!

Houchy
25-05-2009, 08:23 AM
I see that Betfair are offering 7/1 at the moment for the Pats.
I've not kept up with who's in and who's out, but it seems a cracking price to me. I'm sure that it's been rare in the past to see them above 4/1?

Sylar
25-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Acht, you just made a wee fortune on Sabbatini yesterday, so you have the spare cash to stick a few bob on them :wink:

I'm apprehensive as it will take a while to get so many young collegiate drafts up to NFL calibre - the moves are good for the future of the franchise, but might not reap immediate rewards. There is also a lot of pressure on Brady next year, and we all know how regularly footballers fail to be the same player when they return from cruciate injuries.