PDA

View Full Version : Carl Froch KO at the weekend

Steve-O
27-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Awesome stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKzBXf3j_8g

Doesn't get much more dramatic - needing the KO going into the last round, losing on points...

Hainan Hibs
27-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Was a great finish to what was a great match.

I think Taylor will have a sore neck after the way his neck snapped back after the punch that knocked him to the floor!

Godsahibby
27-04-2009, 11:09 AM
I watched the fight last night, It was shown in full on ITV 4, Froch was pretty average throughout the whole fight, he needs to work on keeping his hands up.

The last round was something else.

Bring on Calzaghe.............no chance Joe will fight him.

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2009, 11:19 AM

I don't think so either - although Froch does seem desperate to fight him. Probably so that a TV company will take some interest in him.

Imagine a fight involving a British World Champion against a well known American and at a fashionable weight limit not being shown on TV! ITV only got the highlights after they knew it was a good fight.

Killiehibbie
27-04-2009, 01:37 PM
The last round was like something out of Rocky.

Toaods
27-04-2009, 10:52 PM
you need to go back almost a year for a hot tip on FROCH:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=117653&highlight=froch

:cool2:

Allant1981
28-04-2009, 12:54 AM
If Calzaghe was to fight him there is no way Froch would last the 12 rounds

Mo!
28-04-2009, 01:18 AM
just watched the re-run on itv 4. What a fight!

Steve-O
28-04-2009, 07:08 AM
I don't think so either - although Froch does seem desperate to fight him. Probably so that a TV company will take some interest in him.

Imagine a fight involving a British World Champion against a well known American and at a fashionable weight limit not being shown on TV! ITV only got the highlights after they knew it was a good fight.

:no way:

Deal was done before the fight. Only by a matter of days though.

Not sure why it wasn't on Sky when they have covered his previous fights :confused:

Mon Dieu4
28-04-2009, 07:39 AM
I watched the fight last night, It was shown in full on ITV 4, Froch was pretty average throughout the whole fight, he needs to work on keeping his hands up.

The last round was something else.

Calzaghe has nothing left to prove, Froch would be better off trying to fight Kessler who I think would beat him.

Froch looks fairly limited to me and just kept trying to hit a big right hand on Taylor.

I think that if Calzaghe came of out retirement, he would at the very least outclass him and win on points, thats if he didnt knock him out first.

Danderhall Hibs
28-04-2009, 08:05 AM
:no way:

Deal was done before the fight. Only by a matter of days though.

Not sure why it wasn't on Sky when they have covered his previous fights :confused:

Did they – I didn’t realise and just assumed. I think ITV have shown his previous fights so I’m surprised they opted for delayed coverage of a world title fight.

Calzaghe has nothing left to prove, Froch would be better off trying to fight Kessler who I think would beat him.

Froch looks fairly limited to me and just kept trying to hit a big right hand on Taylor.

I think that if Calzaghe came of out retirement, he would at the very least outclass him and win on points, thats if he didnt knock him out first.

Calzaghe wouldn’t knock him out – not with those hands! He’d beat him by slapping him to boredom!

dHFCe
28-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Calzaghe wouldn’t knock him out – not with those hands! He’d beat him by slapping him to boredom![/QUOTE]

The Calzaghe slap is harder than it looks. :agree:
Theres not many people who can get to the top with his style.

Hibs Class
30-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Fight is being reshown on ITV4 this Saturday, 7.20pm