PDA

View Full Version : Bahrain GP

Barney McGrew
26-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Looking like it could be a belter with Toyota on the front row and Vettel and Button right behind them.

Hopefully they can get a safety-car-free race today.

My money's on Vettel again.

Ed De Gramo
26-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Looking like it could be a belter with Toyota on the front row and Vettel and Button right behind them.

Hopefully they can get a safety-car-free race today.

My money's on Vettel again.

Close but no cigar :greengrin

Well done Jenson :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
26-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Close but no cigar :greengrin

Well done Jenson :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:agree:

A good drive and Brawn got their tactics just right

Gatecrasher
26-04-2009, 08:26 PM
:agree:

A good drive and Brawn got their tactics just right

Brawn were spot on today, although the other teams are starting to catch them i feel button and brawn are still serious title contenders

OtterHibee
26-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Brawn were spot on today, although the other teams are starting to catch them i feel button and brawn are still serious title contenders

:agree:. The start Brawn have made has been astonishing, but very well deserved. Good to see Red Bull and Vettel on the podium again as well, and finally Ferrari managing to finish in the points with a pretty solid drive by KR to boot.

It'll be interesting to see how things have developed after the Spanish GP in 2 weeks time. With most teams bringing new updates onto their cars by that point, we'll get a better indication of where everyone is relative to each other. I'm not entirely sure about Brawn winning the championship, but they should certainly be up there come the end of the season.

McSwanky
27-04-2009, 10:32 AM
I would say Brawn (Button in particular) were more than slightly lucky yesterday. They have been caught and passed for pace by Red Bull, and possibly Toyota as well.

Fair dos to the Brawn team for managing to put Button in clear air after both his stops, but there is no way they could have predicted that Trulli would hold up Vettel in the 2nd 'stint' and Vettel would do likewise to Trulli in the third. If either one of these situations hadn't arisen, I don't think they would have won the race.

Barichello's strategy didn't quite work out as they'd hoped either...

They were lucky.

I'll be interested to see what happens in Barcelona.

Barney McGrew
27-04-2009, 07:04 PM
I'll be interested to see what happens in Barcelona.

It's certainly going to be a lot more competitive IMO, with all the updates due it's hard to fathom out who's going to come out on top.

The great thing is it's far more exciting than it's been for years, and coupled with the BBC coverage it's like a different sport this season.

Gatecrasher
27-04-2009, 10:12 PM
look at these pictures of fernando Alonso after the race suffering from heat exhaustion :bitchy:

his water bottle wasnt working during the race, how he managed to finish is beyond me, IMO thats the difference between the top and the rest of the pack, thats dedication for you,

http://forum.planet-f1.com/index.php?t=msg&th=75577&start=0&

4th post down :bitchy:

OtterHibee
27-04-2009, 10:40 PM
look at these pictures of fernando Alonso after the race suffering from heat exhaustion :bitchy:

his water bottle wasnt working during the race, how he managed to finish is beyond me, IMO thats the difference between the top and the rest of the pack, thats dedication for you,

http://forum.planet-f1.com/index.php?t=msg&th=75577&start=0&

4th post down :bitchy:

:shocked:

That is seriously scary. I notice that thread is reporting that he suffered burns to his back as well :bitchy:

Credit to Alonso for driving as well as he did, and getting the car to the finish, that's extreme commitment for you. However, I cannot fathom why Renault decided to keep the car out on track without a functioning water bottle in Bahrain of all places. In the interest of the driver's safety he should have been ordered to come in once it became apparent that there was a serious problem there. Surely Alonso would have let them know over the radio that he had no access to water.

Gatecrasher
27-04-2009, 10:45 PM
:shocked:

That is seriously scary. I notice that thread is reporting that he suffered burns to his back as well :bitchy:

Credit to Alonso for driving as well as he did, and getting the car to the finish, that's extreme commitment for you. However, I cannot fathom why Renault decided to keep the car out on track without a functioning water bottle in Bahrain of all places. In the interest of the driver's safety he should have been ordered to come in once it became apparent that there was a serious problem there. Surely Alonso would have let them know over the radio that he had no access to water.

i have no doubt in my mind that this is the case, the only conclusion i came to was it was his choice, driver safety is paramount to all teams in f1.