PDA

View Full Version : British Grand Prix in Trouble

Gatecrasher
24-04-2009, 04:04 PM
its one of my ambitions to go to this. i was going to go this year but things didnt work out and now it coulb be the last - for a while anyway:boo hoo::bitchy:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8015028.stm

OtterHibee
25-04-2009, 06:14 PM
its one of my ambitions to go to this. i was going to go this year but things didnt work out and now it coulb be the last - for a while anyway:boo hoo::bitchy:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8015028.stm

I'm the same :agree:. My pal managed to get a ticket for this year's race through one of his fellow marshall's at Knockhill. Not that I'm jealous or anything :greengrin.

It would be a great shame to lose the British GP, however even with this annoucement I'm quite optimistic that it will go ahead next year. IIRC, there were question marks raised about the future of the race several years ago before a new deal was struck with Silverstone. Surely someone will step in and guarantee it's place on the calendar. Richard Branson perhaps? :dunno:

Darth Hibbie
25-04-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm the same :agree:. My pal managed to get a ticket for this year's race through one of his fellow marshall's at Knockhill. Not that I'm jealous or anything :greengrin.

It would be a great shame to lose the British GP, however even with this annoucement I'm quite optimistic that it will go ahead next year. IIRC, there were question marks raised about the future of the race several years ago before a new deal was struck with Silverstone. Surely someone will step in and guarantee it's place on the calendar. Richard Branson perhaps? :dunno:

Certainly seems to have developed a like for F1

Interestingly the Download music festival is held a Donington every year and has had to be moved from the race track to the castle grounds for the upgrade of the track for F1. I would be very surprised given how far on they are with the upgrade if they were not able to sort something out.

On an aside always wanted to go to Silverstone it it is sad that I will never get the chance.

Gatecrasher
26-04-2009, 08:28 PM
IMO i cant see Branson putting that much money into F1 although i think he will pump more money into brawn,