PDA

View Full Version : F1 - Australian GP

robinp
28-03-2009, 06:23 AM
Wow that was fantastic - cars even closer than last year and Jense on P1.

After driving a complete dog of a car for the last 2 seasons it is well deserved! There is no coincidence whenever there was talk of Mclaren getting rid of Heiki last season there was only really 1 name getting linked to the seat - him!

Hopefully the planned appeal next week doesn't turn this upside down.

Gatecrasher
28-03-2009, 06:27 AM
Wow that was fantastic - cars even closer than last year and Jense on P1.

After driving a complete dog of a car for the last 2 seasons it is well deserved! There is no coincidence whenever there was talk of Mclaren getting rid of Heiki last season there was only really 1 name getting linked to the seat - him!

Hopefully the planned appeal next week doesn't turn this upside down.
:agree:

Brawn GP looked superb, you can tell the amount of time went on that car, and now have a good sponser as well.

the KERS teams were poor.

also so far so good for beebs coverage despite losing the signal for a minute, but could happen to anyone

tomorrows race is lining up to be a cracker :top marks

robinp
28-03-2009, 06:45 AM
:agree:

Brawn GP looked superb, you can tell the amount of time went on that car, and now have a good sponser as well.

the KERS teams were poor.

also so far so good for beebs coverage despite losing the signal for a minute, but could happen to anyone

tomorrows race is lining up to be a cracker :top marks

I can't wait to see what the fuel loads are like.

I see Autosport are reporting Branson hopes to make Virgin the main team sponsor in the next few weeks and going by his comments on BBC, I got the impression he chose to do it only because they are a british team, based in britain with british staff. In the current climate thats massive and great to hear (and his investment will not be cheap!).

Have to agree - I really like Legard from the radio rather than James Allan!

hibiedude
28-03-2009, 06:50 AM
Brawn GP looked out of this world the fact Richard Branson was in the background mite has something to do with it.

Have to say that was the best start to a GP season ever and the race hasn't started yet. :greengrin

Well done to the BBC and the new GP commentary team for only using Hamilton's name 5-6 times

Gatecrasher
28-03-2009, 07:01 AM
I can't wait to see what the fuel loads are like.

I see Autosport are reporting Branson hopes to make Virgin the main team sponsor in the next few weeks and going by his comments on BBC, I got the impression he chose to do it only because they are a british team, based in britain with british staff. In the current climate thats massive and great to hear (and his investment will not be cheap!).

Have to agree - I really like Legard from the radio rather than James Allan!

Brawn GP looked out of this world the fact Richard Branson was in the background mite has something to do with it.

Have to say that was the best start to a GP season ever and the race hasn't started yet. :greengrin

Well done to the BBC and the new GP commentary team for only using Hamilton's name 5-6 times

i wasnt sure about DC at first but he and Eddie Jordan seem to go well together. and i liked the way they went with the same sort of theme as ITV as i thought their coverage was good but they also had their own way of doing it.

im so happy its back, i didnt realise how much i missed it!

(((Fergus)))
28-03-2009, 07:58 AM
i wasnt sure about DC at first but he and Eddie Jordan seem to go well together. and i liked the way they went with the same sort of theme as ITV as i thought their coverage was good but they also had their own way of doing it.

im so happy its back, i didnt realise how much i missed it!

Great coverage from the BBC, Legard, Maurice Hamilton, Brundle are brilliant. No disrespect to James Allen, but he got a bit draining after a while. :bitchy: The Jordan/Coulthard double act is a nice set of contrasts and wll no doubt provide insights from both the team and driver perspective. The presenter gadgie is a bit of a risk but might throw up some fresh angles after the silky old pros they had on itv. Ted Kravitz is still the man with no personality, but at least you can make out what he's saying I suppose.

As for Brawn GP - after all the doom and gloom about F1 being sold to manufacturers as a marketing tool for boring saloons (Mercedes, Toyota, BMW), it's fantastic to see some DIY-style ingenuity come back into the sport. :top marks

(yes, I know they have Merc engines but then so do McLaren and they're pants ;o)).

LancsHibs
29-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Well done Jenson & Brawn GP:thumbsup:, bit lucky for Rubens to get P2 but he deserves it, nice bloke! This result can only be good for F1.
Where were Farrari & Mclaren, ha ha:bye:

Gatecrasher
29-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Well done Jenson & Brawn GP:thumbsup:, bit lucky for Rubens to get P2 but he deserves it, nice bloke! This result can only be good for F1.

i agree with the top part, but mclaren and ferrari will no doubt be up there once the kinks and all the stuff with the defuser is established.

well done to Brawn GP

and lewis hamilton done superb as well coming from 18th to 4th and thats with a car that is supposed to be struggling with downforce

if this weekend is anything to go by then this season is shaping up to be a good one

Barney McGrew
29-03-2009, 08:53 AM
lewis hamilton done superb as well coming from 18th to 4th and thats with a car that is supposed to be struggling with downforce

And Trulli did even better starting in the pit lane and finishing third :greengrin

Looks like it could be a really competitive season this year :thumbsup:

Gatecrasher
29-03-2009, 09:04 AM
And Trulli did even better starting in the pit lane and finishing third :greengrin

Looks like it could be a really competitive season this year :thumbsup:

i agree. surprisingly didnt get a lot of mention during the actual race,

it looks to be competitive with red bull, brawn GP, williams, bmw and toyota all looking like they have good cars

BroxburnHibee
29-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Brilliant race from start to finish :thumbsup:

Well worth getting up early for :greengrin

Brawn has certainly breathed some new life into F1 as I felt the last few years have been a bit stale (apart from Hamilton's last gasp win of course).

Looks like the competition will be a lot tighter this year.

Gatecrasher
29-03-2009, 09:53 AM
trulli been given 25 sec penalty for passing hamilton on yellow flag according to SSN

toyota have appealed

hibiedude
29-03-2009, 10:26 AM

Have to say that was a great race, talking off being lucky Hamilton has been upgraded to 3rd spot, don't worry about Farrari & Mclaren because they will come good once the European races start in Spain in June

Darth Hibbie
29-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Missed the first half of the race (hangover). Brawn looked really good and Richard Branson was interviewed on BBCi afterwards and he is already talking about pumping a load more money into them. Still early days though a few teams have one or two kinks to sort out.

Looking forward to next week already.:thumbsup:

Gatecrasher
29-03-2009, 12:12 PM
vettel in trouble as well now

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7970668.stm

Ed De Gramo
29-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Good to see Jensen winning :agree:

Also good to see Brawn GP doing well :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The biggest thing about the new F1 season is the theme tune :top marks:top marks

(((Fergus)))
29-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Good to see Jensen winning :agree:

Also good to see Brawn GP doing well :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The biggest thing about the new F1 season is the theme tune :top marks:top marks

No adverts as well - going to be a great season :thumbsup:

Might take Ferrari/McLaren a while longer to get up to speed as they will probs have to redesign the whole gearbox and rear suspension. :greengrin

Jack
29-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Just glad its started again :woohoo::

hibsbollah
29-03-2009, 05:14 PM
I refuse to get behind any sportsman with such a ludicrous name:grr: