PDA

View Full Version : Fishing - Spinning Advice

Sylar
18-03-2009, 07:16 PM
I first tried spinning when I was in the US last year - we used a nearby State Park and the local reservoir and caught Walleye and Crappie using spinning roads/lures.

I bought a spinning road the last time I was in Florida (Shakespeare telescopic rod) and I want to try spinning again in Scotland, as I really enjoyed it, and would love to have a source of proper fresh fish through the summer.

Can anyone who fishes/has fished and knows my area of Scotland (Perthshire, Tayside or Angus) maybe recommend anywhere I could try spinning?

Thanks in advance.

Pheona
20-03-2009, 09:12 PM
I first tried spinning when I was in the US last year - we used a nearby State Park and the local reservoir and caught Walleye and Crappie using spinning roads/lures.

I bought a spinning road the last time I was in Florida (Shakespeare telescopic rod) and I want to try spinning again in Scotland, as I really enjoyed it, and would love to have a source of proper fresh fish through the summer.

Can anyone who fishes/has fished and knows my area of Scotland (Perthshire, Tayside or Angus) maybe recommend anywhere I could try spinning?

Thanks in advance.

I am no expert, the only place I really go spinning is off the pier in Fort William for Mackerel. Which is great fun. As long as you use something shiney they pretty much go for anything.

You can spin in most rivers as well I think, but you should check with local authorities.

Some, but I don't think very many, fisheries allow spinning, but I couldn't tell you where except Newmill in Lanark.

DOn't suppose I have been much help. I could ask a man that does know more but I sent him to the pub cos he was annoying me.

Sylar
20-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Heh, thanks for the few tips!

Heading up to the River Isla tomorrow to try and land some trout, so I'll assess how I get on.

Cheers!

Wembley67
21-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Heh, thanks for the few tips!

Heading up to the River Isla tomorrow to try and land some trout, so I'll assess how I get on.

Cheers!

Good luck Scott!

Don't know why your spinning, it's the fishing for lazy people, next thing you will be bait fishing :greengrin

Sylar
21-03-2009, 10:02 AM
I learned spinning when I was in the states, and I think they maybe call spinning something slightly different...

My concept of spinning is constant reel motion and re-casting - having spoken to a few people in the UK, spinning appears to be slightly different...

HibsMax
27-03-2009, 09:03 PM
when I were a lad, spinning wasn't allowed anywhere. Almost everywhere I fished insisted on fly fishing. Exceptions being canal / coarse fishing. I hate fly fishing. I'm sure it's a lot of fun when you get the hang of it but I was only "OK" and could never get my fly out that far.