notorious
13-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Who's gonna win?

Mon Dieu4
13-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Barrera :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
13-03-2009, 02:52 PM
I think I'm right in saying the bookies favour Khan. They're not often wrong.

notorious
13-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Very tough one, I don't think Khan is anything brilliant, yet anyway, but I've not seen Barrera fight in ages and his last 2 fights have been against nobodies, plus Khan has all the physical advantages. I think Khan just about deserves to be favourite, will be an intriguing fight. Anyone know what tiem it is due to start?

Danderhall Hibs
13-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Anyone know what tiem it is due to start?

Don't know mate - had a quick look at the BBC and only got a list of the fights:

14: MEN Arena, Manchester, England, Amir Khan v Marco Antonio Barrera, Nicky Cook v Roman Martinez (WBO super-featherweight), Enzo Maccarinelli v Olo Afolabi (interim WBO cruiserweight), Bradley Pryce v Matthew Hall (Commonwealth light-middleweight).

Decent card - I think it starts on Sky at 9 or 10 so I'd expect Khan to be on at 11 or 12? I don't think there's massive US interest in this so it shouldn't be on at daft o'clock.

Mon Dieu4
13-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Think it's supposed to start at 11, Khan may well be the favourite but Barrera has been there, done it & got the T Shirt.

I think he will be too experienced & hope he takes Khan's heid off :agree:

dHFCe
13-03-2009, 11:09 PM
I think Khan has this if Barrera cant ko him in the first couple of rounds.

Pete
14-03-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm starting to wonder what this fight is all about.

Khan has everything to lose and barerra has nothing to lose.

It's just so odd that kahn has such a big fight so soon.

After listening to don king i wouldn't be surprised if barerra gets knocked out and khans career goes into overdrive again.

majorhibs
14-03-2009, 02:53 AM
I'm starting to wonder what this fight is all about.

Khan has everything to lose and barerra has nothing to lose.

It's just so odd that kahn has such a big fight so soon.

After listening to don king i wouldn't be surprised if barerra gets knocked out and khans career goes into overdrive again.

Not too up to date with Barerra but he would not have been troubled by Khan not that long ago, mind if Don Kings involved theres no chance of anything dubious having been agreed beforehand is there :rolleyes:

hibiedude
14-03-2009, 05:55 AM
I don't think Khan is anything special and can see Barrera knocking Khan out.

bobbyhibs1983
14-03-2009, 08:23 AM
I think there are a few good fights on the card but the thing that really annoys me as it is on sky box office:grr:

I would watch it but i am NOT paying £15 for it

I know I know, im a tight ass, :greengrin

howdenthehibby
14-03-2009, 08:45 AM
I think there are a few good fights on the card but the thing that really annoys me as it is on sky box office:grr:

I would watch it but i am NOT paying £15 for it

I know I know, im a tight ass, :greengrin
No your not,he's hardly up there with Hatton and Calzaghe.over priced and over hyped if you ask me.For ferk sake he was put on his erse by Willie Limond and the fight with Gomez was stopped too soon.A wee helping hand for Khan along the way i think.Wouldnae surprise me if the fight was fixed for him.Roll out an old legend to kick start his career.If Barrera has anything left he should be too good for Khan:take that

anon1
14-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Can't stand Khan. Seriously over-rated. Would be interesting to see if Barrera give him a boxing lesson!

Woody1985
14-03-2009, 06:57 PM
I hope Berrera kills him.

Gatecrasher
14-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Khan was the better fighter but it would have been intresting without the clash of heads, khans dodgy chin is defo still there after a couple of clean mediocre punches from barrera.

khan will be finished when he comes up against a good boxer, barrera showed his age IMO.

what was the Enzo fight all about :dizzy:

ChooseLife
14-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Cut ruined it :grr:

hibiedude
15-03-2009, 07:57 AM

Seems a tad over the top quote

As some have said the cut spoiled what looked a good fight

sleeping giant
15-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Put down the Stella and step away from the keyboard.

Woody1985
15-03-2009, 11:02 AM
I didn't mean literally. And I wasn't drinking....

Anyway, for anyone who doesn't like to see Khan win you can always watch this:

http://www.boxinghighlights.info/?p=1167

Berrera should just call it a day now. You could see from the first round last night that he had no chance even without the cut.