PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray

Randerson_4
14-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Looked good today, 6-1 6-2 win in Semi Finals, although had a bit of an ankle injury so might not play in tomorrows final

Sir David Gray
16-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Another title to Andy Murray's name. :thumbsup:

Nadal wasn't fully fit, hence the 6-0 score in the final set, but all credit to Murray. Sometimes an injured opponent can put you off, but he carried on as normal.

That was a big win for Murray as it was the first time that he's beaten Nadal in the final of an ATP tournament and it's really the first of his ten titles where he's beaten a top 5 player in the final.

He's pulled out of Marseille this week, but he is due in Dubai next week.

Randerson_4
16-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Another title to Andy Murray's name. :thumbsup:

Nadal wasn't fully fit, hence the 6-0 score in the final set, but all credit to Murray. Sometimes an injured opponent can put you off, but he carried on as normal.

That was a big win for Murray as it was the first time that he's beaten Nadal in the final of an ATP tournament and it's really the first of his ten titles where he's beaten a top 5 player in the final.

He's pulled out of Marseille this week, but he is due in Dubai next week.

Did he not beat Djokovic in Canada to win one??

Sir David Gray
17-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Did he not beat Djokovic in Canada to win one??

Oops, you're quite right! :hide:

I went through his victories and I didn't see anyone that was top 5. I must have missed out that tournament where he beat Djokovic.

Should still have remembered it though. :bitchy:

It's the second time that he's beaten a top 5 player in the final of an ATP tournament! :greengrin

JimBHibees
18-02-2009, 09:52 AM

I went through his victories and I didn't see anyone that was top 5. I must have missed out that tournament where he beat Djokovic.

It's the second time that he's beaten a top 5 player in the final of an ATP tournament! :greengrin

He also beat Nadal in the tournament in Addis Ababa prior to the Australian open.

Wilson
18-02-2009, 12:42 PM

Does he hold a final victory over Roddick and would A-Rod have been top 5 at the time?

erin-go-bragh87
18-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Well done Andy. If only he was English then he would get the respect that he deserves. Just funny that when hes bad he is a scot but when hes winning hes suddenly British!
Sorry for moaning but its something that I always notice when they talk about him on SSN!!:grr::grr:

Danderhall Hibs
18-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Well done Andy. If only he was English then he would get the respect that he deserves. Just funny that when hes bad he is a scot but when hes winning hes suddenly British!
Sorry for moaning but its something that I always notice when they talk about him on SSN!!:grr::grr:

How many chips have you got on that shoulder?!

You hear what you want to hear.

Sir David Gray
18-02-2009, 11:19 PM
He also beat Nadal in the tournament in Addis Ababa prior to the Australian open.

:confused: Was that not the one in Abu Dhabi? If so, I remembered that one but that wasn't an ATP tournament, it was just a season opening exhibition event.

Does he hold a final victory over Roddick and would A-Rod have been top 5 at the time?

He does, Murray beat him in the final of the Qatar Open last month. At the time, Roddick was ranked 8th in the world.

The only one I missed was Djokovic, which I'm pretty gutted about as I pride myself on such statistics! His other 8 ATP titles have definitely been won against players from outwith the top 5.

Rafael Nadal was 1st when Murray beat him in February '09.
Novak Djokovic was 3rd when Murray beat him in August '08.
Andy Roddick was 8th when Murray beat him in January '09.
Lleyton Hewitt was 11th when Murray beat him in February '06.
Gilles Simon was 16th when Murray beat him in October '08.
Fernando Verdasco was 30th when Murray beat him in October '07.
Stanislas Wawrinka was 36th when Murray beat him in January '08.
Ivo Karlovic was 103rd when Murray beat him in February '07.
Mario Ancic was 135th when Murray beat him in February '08.
Andrey Golubev was 150th when Murray beat him in October '08.

Wilson
19-02-2009, 09:45 AM
:confused: Was that not the one in Abu Dhabi? If so, I remembered that one but that wasn't an ATP tournament, it was just a season opening exhibition event.

He does, Murray beat him in the final of the Qatar Open last month. At the time, Roddick was ranked 8th in the world.

The only one I missed was Djokovic, which I'm pretty gutted about as I pride myself on such statistics! His other 8 ATP titles have definitely been won against players from outwith the top 5.

Rafael Nadal was 1st when Murray beat him in February '09.
Novak Djokovic was 3rd when Murray beat him in August '08.
Andy Roddick was 8th when Murray beat him in January '09.
Lleyton Hewitt was 11th when Murray beat him in February '06.
Gilles Simon was 16th when Murray beat him in October '08.
Fernando Verdasco was 30th when Murray beat him in October '07.
Stanislas Wawrinka was 36th when Murray beat him in January '08.
Ivo Karlovic was 103rd when Murray beat him in February '07.
Mario Ancic was 135th when Murray beat him in February '08.
Andrey Golubev was 150th when Murray beat him in October '08.

Good stuff. Thanks.