Cod Boy
04-01-2009, 03:01 PM
should be a cracking game

Pheona
04-01-2009, 03:01 PM
I hope Barney :kdarts:

Houchy
04-01-2009, 05:32 PM
I backed Barney at the start of the tournament at 15's and he's now into around 2's on Betfair with Taylor around 1/2.

I therefore would love Barney to win but a question...

Should I lay my bet off and take £50 profit or keep it and hope Barney wins and get £150:confused:

I'm 75% for sticking with Barney right now but not totally convinced as he never hit top form against Wade (despite still winning through fairly easily).

On saying that, Taylor had a much easier game and also never hit top form.

Any opinions?

Danderhall Hibs
04-01-2009, 06:03 PM
I backed Barney at the start of the tournament at 15's and he's now into around 2's on Betfair with Taylor around 1/2.

I therefore would love Barney to win but a question...

Should I lay my bet off and take £50 profit or keep it and hope Barney wins and get £150:confused:

I'm 75% for sticking with Barney right now but not totally convinced as he never hit top form against Wade (despite still winning through fairly easily).

On saying that, Taylor had a much easier game and also never hit top form.

Any opinions?

I'd like Barney to win but I can't see Taylor not winning it - he'll be out for revenge after losing 2 years ago.

Hiber-nation
04-01-2009, 06:16 PM
I'd like Barney to win but I can't see Taylor not winning it - he'll be out for revenge after losing 2 years ago.

I got 10/1 Barney to win 7-6 at Hills, thought that was decent. But I agree, I think Taylor will win it although Barney should play better than he did against Wade. Could be a classic.

Hank Schrader
04-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Taylor by two or three sets.

whereswallace?
04-01-2009, 07:50 PM
2-0 taylor the now

Wembley67
04-01-2009, 09:02 PM
7-1 Taylor and gets the world record for average :cool2:

forthhibby
04-01-2009, 09:03 PM
awesome performance by taylor

Removed
04-01-2009, 09:03 PM
:agree:

They need to bring this tourney forward a couple of months in time for SPOTY - Taylor should be a shoe in imo :greengrin

H18sry
04-01-2009, 09:15 PM
:agree:

They need to bring this tourney forward a couple of months in time for SPOTY - Taylor should be a shoe in imo :greengrin

:confused::confused::confused: :wtf: Has Craig Gordon got to do with dart's:confused:

Danderhall Hibs
04-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Barney had given in before the match started - I heard him on the radio this morning and he was raving about how good Taylor is. They're all like that - more concerned with arse licking than trying to beat him.

On another note - how much of a lech is Taylor? He can't leave thjose poor lassies that lead him on to the stage alone.

And as for Sid Waddell - when did Sky start employing ******s? This guy is the biggest pain in the arse on TV.

Hank Schrader
04-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Barney had given in before the match started - I heard him on the radio this morning and he was raving about how good Taylor is. They're all like that - more concerned with arse licking than trying to beat him.

On another note - how much of a lech is Taylor? He can't leave thjose poor lassies that lead him on to the stage alone.

And as for Sid Waddell - when did Sky start employing ******s? This guy is the biggest pain in the arse on TV.

:top marks

Toaods
04-01-2009, 10:18 PM

Taylor? I also noticed he was touching her all the time, IIRC he was arrested in Fife for an allegation of attempted rape when touring the darts circuit ten years ago or more?

Waddell - too old and finished, but still better TV material than Eric Bristow...:bitchy:

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Taylor? I also noticed he was touching her all the time, IIRC he was arrested in Fife for an allegation of attempted rape when touring the darts circuit ten years ago or more?

Waddell - too old and finished, but still better TV material than Eric Bristow...:bitchy:

There was something - pretty sure it was a Graham Rix style situation.

Houchy
05-01-2009, 09:46 AM
There was something - pretty sure it was a Graham Rix style situation.

It was in his book:agree:

He was due to receive an honour from the Queen (MBE or something) but it got pulled when he got arrested for it. Alledgedly forced himself on a girl in the back of his tour van.:bitchy:

I'm packing up to move house at the moment so when I come across the book, I'll check again what it says.

I really liked him until the last couple of years but have gone off him rapidly and also noticed 2 or 3 times during the tournament walk on's that he's always grabbing the blonde lass's elbow on the way up the stairs.

DaveF
05-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Discussed a little here

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/columnists/brian-viner/darts-phil-taylor-mbe-ndash-britains-greatest-living-sportsman-663797.html

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Discussed a little here

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/columnists/brian-viner/darts-phil-taylor-mbe-ndash-britains-greatest-living-sportsman-663797.html

Apologies for the Rix comment then. You'd think someone who still says he's innocent despite being convicted of sexual assault would try to be a bit less of a letch though wouldn't you?

matty_f
06-01-2009, 01:00 AM
Discussed a little here

I never knew that about Bristow (in the article it says he has a condition called dartitis, which means he can't let go of the dart before a throw).

Pretty bizarre thing to get.:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2009, 08:25 AM
I never knew that about Bristow (in the article it says he has a condition called dartitis, which means he can't let go of the dart before a throw).

Pretty bizarre thing to get.:agree:

The article’s from 2001 – Bristow’s over that now – he’s been on Setanta in the Legends of Darts tournament.

It is a strange condition though – what’s the football equivalent? Score-itis?

Bunter
06-01-2009, 11:57 AM
The article’s from 2001 – Bristow’s over that now – he’s been on Setanta in the Legends of Darts tournament.

It is a strange condition though – what’s the football equivalent? Score-itis?
As suffered by Amadou Konte & Eduardo Hurtado. :devil:

Gatecrasher
06-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Taylor was amazing barney was no where near his best though, if he hit a few more doubles it would have been a better match