PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Caps: Michel Robinson

stu in nottingham
28-11-2008, 09:46 AM
A bit of panicking in the Nottingham Panthers camp resulted in cutting goalie, Davis Parley this week after shipping a lot of rubber. There's some concern over the replacement choice of former Cap back stop, Michel Robinson in the ranks.

Any views on Michel, Caps fans?

A point of view from a mate's (excellent) Nottingham Panthers blog, The Cat's Whiskers:

So Here’s to you Mr Robinson (http://tcwfanzine.wordpress.com/2008/11/27/so-heres-to-you-mr-robinson/)

PC Stamp
28-11-2008, 11:00 AM
A bit of panicking in the Nottingham Panthers camp resulted in cutting goalie, Davis Parley this week after shipping a lot of rubber. There's some concern over the replacement choice of former Cap back stop, Michel Robinson in the ranks.

Any views on Michel, Caps fans?

A point of view from a mate's (excellent) Nottingham Panthers blog, The Cat's Whiskers:

So Here’s to you Mr Robinson (http://tcwfanzine.wordpress.com/2008/11/27/so-heres-to-you-mr-robinson/)

Honest opinion Stu ... without question the most over rated and undoubtedly one of the most erratic net minders I've seen in an Edinburgh shirt.

He has the ability to make fantastic saves but often has problems with anything hit straight at him!

The ice hockey equivalent of Ole Gottskalksson springs to mind!

We are all astonished up here that Panthers cut Parley in favour of a guy whose Elite League record so far is dire.

That said, his previous career stats are decent and he played in Italy under a former Panther IIRC so it may work out.

Maybe he thought Edinburgh/British Hockey would be an easy pay day? He'll find out different down there for sure!

stu in nottingham
28-11-2008, 12:23 PM
You seem when you mentioned Ole Gottskalksson I began to worry! :greengrin

Cheers for that appraisal, PC.

I like the goalies that just stop the ones that they're supposed to rather than the wonder saves necessarily! So disheartening for a team who is working it's socks off to be let down by silly gaffs between the pipes.

I think the general reaction down here is the same as yours - wonderment! Seems to me that the Panthers are picking him up just because he's here and available and for no other good reason.

I never think British hockey is an easy pay day, it's maybe a bit surprising that some players still would come with that attitude in mind eh?

Cheers mate.

Pheona
28-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Honest opinion Stu ... without question the most over rated and undoubtedly one of the most erratic net minders I've seen in an Edinburgh shirt.

He has the ability to make fantastic saves but often has problems with anything hit straight at him!

The ice hockey equivalent of Ole Gottskalksson springs to mind!

We are all astonished up here that Panthers cut Parley in favour of a guy whose Elite League record so far is dire.

That said, his previous career stats are decent and he played in Italy under a former Panther IIRC so it may work out.

Maybe he thought Edinburgh/British Hockey would be an easy pay day? He'll find out different down there for sure!

What he said :agree:

Sean1875
28-11-2008, 04:35 PM
What he said :agree:

:agree: Pretty much sums it up for me.

Teo10
28-11-2008, 08:29 PM
i agree

:agree: Pretty much sums it up for me.