PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari..err..sorry i mean Formula 1 scoring system changing

MyJo
26-11-2008, 03:09 PM
I see they are going to be going with gold, silver and bronze medals rather than a points system for next season :bitchy:

Isn't a coincidence that under this system Massa would have won the title rather than Hamilton this year........rotten to the bloody core, why doesn't Ecclestone just wear a red shirt and do press conferences in italian from now on :grr:

Sean1875
26-11-2008, 03:20 PM
so there will be nothing awarded for anyone finishing lower than 3rd? :confused:

MyJo
26-11-2008, 03:26 PM
so there will be nothing awarded for anyone finishing lower than 3rd? :confused:

Nope, it'll also mean that a driver could potentially finish second in every single race thanks to good driving and a reliable car yet lose the title to a reckless wee fud like massa who wins 5 races and crashes in the rest

Gatecrasher
26-11-2008, 03:38 PM
should have stayed the way it was, it also means teams like force india etc have got something to fight for.

also has anyone seen any of the 2009 cars yet, ugly isnt even the word :jamboak:

they look more like indy cars than f1 cars

McSwanky
26-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Nope, it'll also mean that a driver could potentially finish second in every single race thanks to good driving and a reliable car yet lose the title to a reckless wee fud like massa who wins 5 races and crashes in the rest

He who dares, Rodney, he who dares.

Great idea if it works, more reckless driving is something that would get me back watching F1 again.

Gatecrasher
26-11-2008, 03:51 PM
He who dares, Rodney, he who dares.

Great idea if it works, more reckless driving is something that would get me back watching F1 again.

do you not think KERS would encourage that?

Caversham Green
26-11-2008, 04:12 PM
I see they are going to be going with gold, silver and bronze medals rather than a points system for next season :bitchy:

Isn't a coincidence that under this system Massa would have won the title rather than Hamilton this year........rotten to the bloody core, why doesn't Ecclestone just wear a red shirt and do press conferences in italian from now on :grr:

Even under this system Hammy would have won if they hadn't penalised him after the Belgium GP, so they'll get him one way or the other.

I've got nothing against Massa, but as you say the whole thing stinks. I used to go upto Silverstone and over to Spa every year until a couple of years ago but if this happens I won't even be watching on the box.

Anybody up for a petition?