PDA

View Full Version : Hatton vs Malignaggi

Hank Schrader
20-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Thoughts folks?

Going for Hatton to win this one. Malignaggi is a slippery customer who shouldn't be taken lightly but he has a poor knockout ratio and doesn't appear to have a knockout punch.

Late stoppage or points win for Hatton I reckon.

Pretty Boy
21-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Thoughts folks?

Going for Hatton to win this one. Malignaggi is a slippery customer who shouldn't be taken lightly but he has a poor knockout ratio and doesn't appear to have a knockout punch.

Late stoppage or points win for Hatton I reckon.

Malignaggi has a poor knockout ratio however he is lightning fast and unloads 2 and 3 punch combos for fun. If Hatton gets frustrated and starts jumping in and trying to 'swarm' Malignaggi he could find himself in serious trouble as he will get hit a lot.

Hatton has to work the ring, keep his chin tucked in, defend well and attack on the inside only when it's on. If there is to be a KO it will come from Hatton.

Personally i think Hatton has to stop it early as the longer it goes the more it suits Malignaggi, so either a Hatton KO in the 4th or a close decision which could go either way.

Really hope Hatton puts on a performance so he can get his shot at De La Hoya and bow out on a high in Britain.

Auckland Hibs
21-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Got a feeling this will go right to the wire with RH sneeking it on points.

On a seperate note, does anyone know if you have to be a skysports subscriber to watch Sky box office? - I have Virgin Cable but don't subscribe to any of the sports channels (except Setanta), someone at work mentioned that you need to be a skysports subscriber to watch any event on Sky box office?

GreenGiant1875
21-11-2008, 12:08 PM
has any one any tips for the prizefighters looking to put a bet on it but dont know much about any of the fighters

shaun
21-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Got a feeling this will go right to the wire with RH sneeking it on points.

On a seperate note, does anyone know if you have to be a skysports subscriber to watch Sky box office? - I have Virgin Cable but don't subscribe to any of the sports channels (except Setanta), someone at work mentioned that you need to be a skysports subscriber to watch any event on Sky box office?

Sky box office is a pay per view channel. You go to the channel it will give you some instructions to phone them and pay for the fight.

Don't think you need to subscribe to the sports channels. It is like setanta hope this helps

stevie-bee
21-11-2008, 03:07 PM
there is a boxer on the under card alex mcewan from edinburgh he is a hibby from western hailes

Eurohibees
21-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Malignaggi on points the boys Uber cocky although Hatton has been training LA style but still take Malignaggi:take that

Gatecrasher
22-11-2008, 01:47 PM
looking forward to this one, Malignaggi gets talked up a lot and failed to live up to it at Hattons homecoming.

ill take a hatton win, possibly knockout in the later rounds

mon the hitman

Dashing Bob S
22-11-2008, 06:11 PM
there is a boxer on the under card alex mcewan from edinburgh he is a hibby from western hailes

Craig McEwan. A very tough fight for him tonight, but he can do it.

matty_f
22-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Anyone know what time Hatton's on?

Barney McGrew
22-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Anyone know what time Hatton's on?

Think it starts at 2 IIRC

Edit - 5 Live has their commentary starting at 4am

Danderhall Hibs
22-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Think it starts at 2 IIRC

Edit - 5 Live has their commentary starting at 4am

Preview show that's on just now said 3ish.

The guy Hatton's wee brother's fighting is a decent fighter isn't he? Ben Tackie - I've heard of him so I'm assuming he's decent.

matty_f
22-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Preview show that's on just now said 3ish.

The guy Hatton's wee brother's fighting is a decent fighter isn't he? Ben Tackie - I've heard of him so I'm assuming he's decent.

You staying up? Might set an alarm for it.

Barney McGrew
22-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Preview show that's on just now said 3ish

Might be the build up starts at 3 :dunno:

I got the 4am start from here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7741877.stm)

Danderhall Hibs
22-11-2008, 07:26 PM
You staying up? Might set an alarm for it.

Nah. Not paying £15 to watch it - and C's on a night-shift tonight so I'm up with the kids in the morning.

CallumLaidlaw
22-11-2008, 07:28 PM
we've got it that they'll make their way to the ring at 0330. I'm sitting in work booking the box office events now. Finish at 12 :thumbsup:
Tackie has fought hatton snr in the past, which is why you may recognise the name

Danderhall Hibs
22-11-2008, 07:33 PM
we've got it that they'll make their way to the ring at 0330. I'm sitting in work booking the box office events now. Finish at 12 :thumbsup:
Tackie has fought hatton snr in the past, which is why you may recognise the name

How're sales going? Are you giving any freebies away yet?

Or even just switching it on in someone's house and not charging them? :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
22-11-2008, 09:38 PM
How're sales going? Are you giving any freebies away yet?

Or even just switching it on in someone's house and not charging them? :greengrin

lol, impossible unfortunately. Was really busy around 2100 as the show started, but gone really quiet again now. some people are on till 0400, so it will probably get busy again as the drunks get in from the pub.

I can't wait till 12 tho. My beer fridge is calling. :greengrin

Toaods
22-11-2008, 10:40 PM
anybody got a genuine link where i can pay for the fight package....:wink:

Pretty Boy
22-11-2008, 11:43 PM

Think you might be out of luck mate, a few of my regular sites are all down, had a similar problem with Calzaghe a few weeks ago. Bought it on box office this time. The hitman is usually worth the money.

Toaods
23-11-2008, 12:50 AM
Think you might be out of luck mate, a few of my regular sites are all down, had a similar problem with Calzaghe a few weeks ago. Bought it on box office this time. The hitman is usually worth the money.

me too - couldn't get it connect properly.

Speedy
23-11-2008, 01:12 AM

There is one that I know of but I'd hate to display it publicly

cabbageandribs1875
23-11-2008, 03:03 AM
wonder how boxers feel nowadays about the poncy fluffy shorts they wear(not that i would ask one to his face likes) naggi looks like he's got a skirt on over his shorts :take that bring back the old days :grr:

Pretty Boy
23-11-2008, 03:16 AM
Apart from the first far to easy for Hatton so far. Malinaggi hates any pressure on him and punches like a fairy.

Toaods
23-11-2008, 03:26 AM
Malinaggi ??? I thought it was Henrik Larsson........:greengrin

Steve-O
23-11-2008, 03:36 AM
This is rubbish! Darke and Jim Watt are overdoing it in their praise of Hatton are they not?? :confused:

Steve-O
23-11-2008, 03:38 AM
WTF?? One of the worst fights I have ever seen, and probably the worst ending ever :grr:

cabbageandribs1875
23-11-2008, 03:38 AM
i thought naggi was gonna hit his trainer when he pulled him out

Hibs90
23-11-2008, 03:39 AM
That was pretty ****. If I was Naggi i would not be happy right now either.

Pretty Boy
23-11-2008, 03:40 AM
Great performance by Hatton, pity Malignaggi was hell bent on spoiling the fight with his running and grabbing.

If Malinaggi is the 2nd best light welterweight in the world then Hatton is going to dominate for as long as he feels like it.

Pretty Boy
23-11-2008, 03:41 AM
That was pretty ****. If I was Naggi i would not be happy right now either.

He wasn't fighting, was getting hurt and didn't have a hope in hell of finishing Hatton. Good protection by his corner IMO.

Toaods
23-11-2008, 03:49 AM
He wasn't fighting, was getting hurt and didn't have a hope in hell of finishing Hatton. Good protection by his corner IMO.

I agree.........Hatton would have burst his head wide open if PM had stood upright. He suffered a bad set of injuries when demolished by Cotto and truth be told......he fight has been torn out him before Hatton arrived, although The Hitman did say he thinks he scared him with his first punch that landed flush.

Not a good fight to watch though.

Allant1981
23-11-2008, 05:58 AM
Very boring fight, malignaggi never once looked in the same class as RH

Gatecrasher
23-11-2008, 11:31 AM
looking forward to this one, Malignaggi gets talked up a lot and failed to live up to it at Hattons homecoming.

ill take a hatton win, possibly knockout in the later rounds

mon the hitman

good prediction then:wink:

good performence from hatton, a very powerful display although Malignaggi found himself out of his depth as did hatton against mayweather last year.

bring on del a hoya that would be the ultimate fight :agree:

joe_hfc
23-11-2008, 11:58 AM
good prediction then:wink:

good performence from hatton, a very powerful display although Malignaggi found himself out of his depth as did hatton against mayweather last year.

bring on del a hoya that would be the ultimate fight :agree:

de la hoya is the same class as mayweather, he almost beat mayweather - therefore I think de lah hoya would embarass Hatton if they ever fought.

Apparently Mayweather has come out of retirement, and will fight the winner of the hatton delahoya/pacquiao fight! exciting times :greengrin

Houchy
23-11-2008, 12:01 PM
i thought naggi was gonna hit his trainer when he pulled him out

He was going to but decided against it and grabbed his leg instead.:greengrin

I actually thought he was going to cry:boo hoo:.

Gatecrasher
23-11-2008, 12:02 PM
de la hoya is the same class as mayweather, he almost beat mayweather - therefore I think de lah hoya would embarass Hatton if they ever fought.

Apparently Mayweather has come out of retirement, and will fight the winner of the hatton delahoya/pacquiao fight! exciting times :greengrin

i agree del a hoya would probably win but i dont think it would be as much as mayweather did, but wembley next year if del a hoya gets through the next fight:thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
23-11-2008, 12:32 PM

Not sure De La Hoya would embarass Hatton. De La Hoya has been one of the iconic and great fighters of his generation but he's slowly creeping over that hill that all boxers do.

The De La Hoya/Mayweather fight was nigh on 3 years ago now and De La Hoya will be older and slower again by the time he fights Hatton. People have underestimated Hatton his whole career and if last night is anything to go by he still has plenty left in the tank. He was strong, powerful and very, very fast. If Malignaggi had have stood upright and let a fight take place then Hatton would have finished it very early doors.

Speedy
23-11-2008, 04:53 PM

I don't think De La Hoya is as good as Mayweather but De La Hoya is bigger. He's a light middleweight going down a weight and Hatton will be going up a weight so I think De La Hoya will win it.

De La Hoya should have far too much for Pacquiao, he's moving up two weights for the fight.

Hatton-Pacquiao would be good to see

Fat Stu
23-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Not a classic by any strectch of the imagination. However the referee should have been a lot stricter on malignaggi for lowering his head. Counted at least 12 times in 1 round where he walked towards hatton with he his head at about waist hieght and stuck his head under hattons arm. Only one boxer looked liked they wanted to fight and the other just wanted to get through it.

The_Horde
23-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Cannae believe i paid 15 squid for that.