PDA

View Full Version : Golf club repairs

Houchy
02-11-2008, 02:28 PM
I'm looking at re-shafting my golf clubs and bought a set of Project x 6.0 shafts with .370 tip. However it looks like my irons have a hosel diameter of .355:bitchy:

Does anyone know if there is anyway of making these fit or know of anyone who they could check with that does club repairs. I know I can take them to the local pro but I don't want to look like a f@nny if it turns out i'm asking him to put a square peg in a round hole.

Thanks in advance.

NYHibby
03-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Its been awhile since I've done this type of work, but I think you can sand the tip of the shaft down a little to make it fit. Not sure if you can go from .370 to .355. Can you return the shafts and get different ones?

Houchy
03-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Its been awhile since I've done this type of work, but I think you can sand the tip of the shaft down a little to make it fit. Not sure if you can go from .370 to .355. Can you return the shafts and get different ones?

Someone else had suggested that the shafts could be sanded or the hosel could be reamed (no jokes anyone) and that it would possible with a final option of putting small slits in the bottom of the shafts before fitting (which is apparently common practice by Callaway anyway).

Exchanging them may be an option as I won't be playing until around Jan anyway.