PDA

View Full Version : Question Golf Course

H18sry
22-10-2008, 06:05 PM
As an aside to another thread, what is the best golf course you have ever played.

Valderrama for me

The day after the Volvo masters in both 92 and 93 with the pins in there last day positions.

In 93 I won the nearest the pin prize on the 6th hole tee shot to 2 foot :greengrin

Golden Bear
22-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Ok - if you really force me, I'll go for Royal Birkdale.

:thumbsup:

Sylar
22-10-2008, 06:55 PM
As per the other thread, Kingsbarns would take some beating, but perhaps my superlative description of it is in light of playing it so recently. Either that or the Stadium course at Sawgrass!

The best hole i've ever played is deinately the 17th at Sawgrass - having the nerve to fly your ball across the vast pond, onto what seems like an infitesmall island is such a rush.

I was actually quite disappointed I found it so easily and walked off with a 2 :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
22-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Apart from Sandy Lane in Barbados - cannot recall if it was good! :drunk: Where's the rum? hic ...

Best I've played in Scotland ..

1. Kingsbarns
2. Loch Lomond
3= Rosemount* (Blairgowrie)
3= Spey Valley
3= The Renaissance Club at Archerfield

* Romping the competition helps! :wink: :greengrin

Houchy
23-10-2008, 02:26 PM
I can highly recommend all three in Las Vegas that are advertised on the banner at the top of this thread.

Walked off the "Royal Links" course (which is quite a way off the strip) to find out that one Tiger Woods is the course record holder. If only i had tried harder:agree::greengrin

Bali Hai was really good aswell and made back my green fee on the par 3, 8th (IIRC) where you can stake up to $100 and if you hit the green (seriously), the pro matches it. If you miss the green, you still get your stake back to spend in the pro shop.:agree:

Desert Pines was the best. Fantastic condition and fantastic views.

All 3 were really inexpensive due to the time of day I was playing (15:00) with the most expensive working out around $100 including cart, water and yardage books.

Edit: Typical, said banner now appears to be a debt cons advert (I'm assuming it changes)

DJ HIBBY
23-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Best Foreign Courses i have played

Le Tousserok - Mauritius
Anahita (Els Course) - Mauritius
Golf de Chateau - Mauritius
Faldo - Turkey
Sultan - Turkey
San Lorenzo - Portugal
Victoria - Portugal

Best Scottish Courses I have played

Kingsbarns
Royal Troon
Turnberry
Nairn
Blairgowrie
Letham Grange
Duddingston
Moray

Gaz
23-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Best Foreign Courses i have played

Le Tousserok - Mauritius
Anahita (Els Course) - Mauritius
Golf de Chateau - Mauritius
Faldo - Turkey
Sultan - Turkey
San Lorenzo - Portugal
Victoria - Portugal

Best Scottish Courses I have played

Kingsbarns
Royal Troon
Turnberry
Nairn
Blairgowrie
Letham Grange
Duddingston
Moray

you having a laugh can believe that place is in the same group as kingsbarns and troon

Removed
23-10-2008, 07:28 PM
you having a laugh can believe that place is in the same group as kingsbarns and troon

What about Torphin :duck:

Gaz
23-10-2008, 07:58 PM
What about Torphin :duck:

ha ha played it a few times in jounior team games keeps you fit playing there

McSwanky
23-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Personally I can't stand Kings Barns. Horrible course to play.

Turnberry, Kings Course at Gleneagles or Shiskine on Arran :wink: for me

Higgy115
24-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Was in Sun City, SA a few years ago and played the course where they have the Sun City Million, top course but was advised to also play the Lost City course there, managed to get a round in there also and was the most challenging course i have played. One of the par 3's is over a pit of crocodiles.....

Other faves are Royal Dornoch, Radium Springs (Canada), Archerfield.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Top 3 courses I've played:

Muirfield
Royal County Down (championship course)
Carnoustie / Turnberry (Ailsa) / Kings Course at Gleneagles /Downfield

and I think the Fidra at Archerfield will be a goody in a few years

ask me again tomorrow and I'll probably have changed my mind again :greengrin