PDA

View Full Version : Boxing - Craig McEwan & Freddie Roach

derekHFC
28-09-2008, 01:53 AM
Just watching the boxing on SKy Sports and a young guy called Craig McEwan from Wester Hailes is boxing. Seen his corner man wearing a green top and i thought it looked like a Hibs top.

Low and behold, it is and its being worn by Freddie Roach. I never even knew that he was a Hibby.

The young lad is doing ok to be fair to him.

Chez
28-09-2008, 04:04 AM
Spot on Derek - Craig is a die-hard Hibee - the nephew of Wullie McEwan of McEwan Decor fame.

This will be an exciting match for Craig and am certain he will win this with flying colours - cmon Craigie :thumbsup:

Hank Schrader
29-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Just watching the boxing on SKy Sports and a young guy called Craig McEwan from Wester Hailes is boxing. Seen his corner man wearing a green top and i thought it looked like a Hibs top.

Low and behold, it is and its being worn by Freddie Roach. I never even knew that he was a Hibby.

The young lad is doing ok to be fair to him.

The evidence (Freddie in the background) (http://sports.yahoo.com/box/photo?slug=c6d2a3d72553c9837c85e8208f8b3c83-getty-82176108hh006_craig_mcewan_&prov=getty) :wink:

Can we now add Freddie Roach to the list of famous Hibees alongside Craig?:greengrin

shaun
29-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Craig is doing excellent think he has won all his proffesional fights not long had a baby boy to his bird.

He is a friend of mine i have knew him since i was kid and his family.

Hank Schrader
29-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Craig is doing excellent think he has won all his proffesional fights not long had a baby boy to his bird.

He has an impressive record so far, 12 wins, 7 by knockout. He is in good hands with Freddie Roach as well.:agree:

shaun
29-09-2008, 01:55 PM
He has an impressive record so far, 12 wins, 7 by knockout. He is in good hands with Freddie Roach as well.:agree:

He was always a great boxer used to kick the s*** out me and his wee bro ma m8 when we were a bit younger great fun.

Toaods
30-09-2008, 09:34 PM

keep us posted on dates/tickets, etc...when he's in action.
There are a few boxing fans on .net...:thumbsup:

Hank Schrader
30-09-2008, 10:11 PM

He fights in America mainly Toaods, in fact I may be right in saying all 12 of his pro bouts have been in the States, could be wrong though.

Would love to see him over here, looks to be a tidy operator:agree:

Toaods
30-09-2008, 11:29 PM
He fights in America mainly Toaods, in fact I may be right in saying all 12 of his pro bouts have been in the States, could be wrong though.

Would love to see him over here, looks to be a tidy operator:agree:

I'd forgotten he was the lad fighting over there. Wasn't there sometalk of him fighting on the Khan undercard or somethng along those lines??

rainman
01-10-2008, 01:34 AM
Has anybody heard about Gary Young recently, I've been out of things since I've been over here butthe last fight i was at, he was floored with a lucky punch from Peely McNeil and I think he'd broken his hand after that.

Would be a shame if that lucky punch ruined his promising career.

Danderhall Hibs
01-10-2008, 07:30 AM
Has anybody heard about Gary Young recently, I've been out of things since I've been over here butthe last fight i was at, he was floored with a lucky punch from Peely McNeil and I think he'd broken his hand after that.

I was wondering that myself after I saw him at a bus stop in Bonnyrigg last week - I think he was a decent fighter but a bit over rated.

rainman
01-10-2008, 12:20 PM
I was wondering that myself after I saw him at a bus stop in Bonnyrigg last week - I think he was a decent fighter but a bit over rated.

Probably the same story as most young boxers. Was ever tested properly and had his fights hand picked for him.

He looked decent though, was a big puncher and had a lot of ability. Peely's punch was a good one but knocked him out cold. Maybe doesn't have the chin for it? It was certainly the first time he'd taken a decent punch.

shaun
01-10-2008, 12:53 PM

Do my best he doesn't really fight over here though mostly in the states. Only fights he had here were amateur fights.

Will have a chat with him soon and find out if he intends to fight over here

kevinc
01-10-2008, 04:59 PM

Gary is also based in LA now.