PDA

View Full Version : Capital Greens need you !

Stew the Hibee
22-09-2008, 10:24 PM
After reading many comments appearing on here and the bounce, we have decided to select a few "head figures", who can steer the group in the right direction.

The positions we think are vital are:

Relations - Somebody to be a "spokesperson" for the group, who can let everyone know what will be happening well. This person would be the person responsible for talking to fans etc (Stew)

Arrangement - Somebody who can contact people, and arrange dates with the group/club etc. Will be extremely important to keep group up and running

Designer - Sums itself up really. This person would think of banners etc. Artistic mind is needed for this. Also, would be helpful is this person had access to spacious areas.

Displays - Somebody who can communicate well with designer. Needs to have an artistic mind also, and have vibrant ideas, aimed at improving the atmosphere. This person would also be responsible for making new songs etc.
(McLeod 1875)

Web Techy - Somebody with skills on a PC. Would be responsible for keeping website up to date, and would need to communiacte with Relations, so that all news is easily accessible , and is available to everyone. (Jamie)

Main Head Figure - Somebody who can keep everything running smoothly.

If you think you would be a suitable person for any role, then please leave your name.

Ross http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/images/smilies/grinning-smiley-002.gif

Cincinnatus
22-09-2008, 10:29 PM
I think you are doing a great job lads, I really do.:agree:

Good luck with it and if I can help in anyway give me a shout:thumbsup:

Glory Glory

Kev

PS:

Idea 1 A Scottish Day

Idea 2 A combined Irish/Ulster day - that would confuse the SF and get press coverage of the most integrated support in Scotland:thumbsup:

_hucks_
22-09-2008, 10:33 PM
After reading many comments appearing on here and the bounce, we have decided to select a few "head figures", who can steer the group in the right direction.

The positions we think are vital are:

Relations - Somebody to be a "spokesperson" for the group, who can let everyone know what will be happening well. This person would be the person responsible for talking to fans etc (Stew)

Arrangement - Somebody who can contact people, and arrange dates with the group/club etc. Will be extremely important to keep group up and running

Designer - Sums itself up really. This person would think of banners etc. Artistic mind is needed for this. Also, would be helpful is this person had access to spacious areas.

Displays - Somebody who can communicate well with designer. Needs to have an artistic mind also, and have vibrant ideas, aimed at improving the atmosphere. This person would also be responsible for making new songs etc.
(McLeod 1875)

Web Techy - Somebody with skills on a PC. Would be responsible for keeping website up to date, and would need to communiacte with Relations, so that all news is easily accessible , and is available to everyone. (Jamie)

Main Head Figure - Somebody who can keep everything running smoothly.

If you think you would be a suitable person for any role, then please leave your name.

Ross http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/images/smilies/grinning-smiley-002.gif

Far too beaurocratic mate. The first two positions can be merged, as can teh second two, and this "main head figure" is entirely unnecessary.

Your setting up a fans group, not a workers melitia - treat it as such!

Good luck though guys, and I'm sure when I'm along at the games i'll be joining in with all your songs :agree:

Marty-Hibee
22-09-2008, 10:33 PM
can I get a bit of low down on this Capital Greens chat? not paid as much attention to the Hibs recently, other things in the way etc, so I'm not sure if i've missed somethin or what? What is the actual aim of the group?

Stew the Hibee
22-09-2008, 10:36 PM
can I get a bit of low down on this Capital Greens chat? not paid as much attention to the Hibs recently, other things in the way etc, so I'm not sure if i've missed somethin or what? What is the actual aim of the group?

To raise the atmosphere at ER, for all games, instead of just derbys and OF visits.

McLeod1875
22-09-2008, 10:39 PM
We would really appreciate you if you made a donation to us aswell! This would help us get up and running. :thumbsup:

Every little helps!!

Donate Button:
http://capitalgreens.co.uk (http://capitalgreens.co.uk)

Thanks,
Jack :greengrin

blaikie
22-09-2008, 10:43 PM
We would really appreciate you if you made a donation to us aswell! This would help us get up and running. :thumbsup:

Every little helps!!

Donate Button:

Thanks,
Love the logo :thumbsup:

MrRobot
22-09-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm all up for this making noise at games and having a good laugh at the same time. Deffo up for it and think it's a great idea to raise the atmosphere at ER which is in dire need of getting improved.

McLeod1875
22-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Any donations would help, honestly!!! :thumbsup:

Jamie
22-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Love the logo :thumbsup:

That is Antifa Hibs handy work :thumbsup:

Storar
22-09-2008, 11:00 PM
That is Antifa Hibs handy work :thumbsup:

That took him an hour!?:duck:

Chuckie
22-09-2008, 11:15 PM
I will back you fully both financially and vocally, as I did on Saturday.. :wink:

McLeod1875
22-09-2008, 11:22 PM
I will back you fully both financially and vocally, as I did on Saturday.. :wink:

Big Thank You! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Chuckie
22-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Big Thank You! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Drop me a p.m whenever you need anything..

I loved you guys.. Totally got me sucked in on Saturday.. I was the guy who gave you the Michael Stewart song.. :wink:

Jamie
22-09-2008, 11:28 PM
I loved you guys.. Totally got me sucked in on Saturday.. I was the guy who gave you the Michael Stewart song.. :wink:

that wiznae bad at all mate :thumbsup:

McLeod1875
22-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Drop me a p.m whenever you need anything..

Double Thank You!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Long time since i gave one of them :wink:

RIP
23-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Liking yer chat

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/hibs-ultras/

Thigh ar la
23-09-2008, 08:55 AM
I remember someone once mentioned that it would be an idea to have someone to have a 'fan leader' at Easter Road. ie someone with the loud speaker starting the songs that you hear in many of the continental games. I went to see Marseille last year and they had such a person who obviously had the assistance of the club as they had use of a PA system behind the goals. I reckon this would be superb but not sure what everyone else reckons..

heretoday
23-09-2008, 09:17 AM
I remember someone once mentioned that it would be an idea to have someone to have a 'fan leader' at Easter Road. ie someone with the loud speaker starting the songs that you hear in many of the continental games. I went to see Marseille last year and they had such a person who obviously had the assistance of the club as they had use of a PA system behind the goals. I reckon this would be superb but not sure what everyone else reckons..

Please please no....

Cabbage East
23-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Fair play mate, you're obviously putting a lot of time and effort into it, but I think you could do yourselves a favour by not referring to yourselves as Ultras as you're clearly not Ultras.

You'll be leaving yourself open to a lot of ridicule.

Like I said, fair play for making the effort though and good luck to you.

IanM
23-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Please please no....

exactly - remember the Livi drummer? what a cock.. nothing wrong with singing at the fitba - keep the drums, triangles and loudspeakers away from the match - some of us actually do have hangovers at the games remember!!

do any of the capital greens sit anywhere other than the east? if not try get them involved - it's always been too quiet everywhere else in the ground for me.. :thumbsup:

blaikie
23-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Fan leader such as :greengrin:hmmm:
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_04/Portsmouth_468x354.jpg

lyonhibs
23-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Sweet Jeebus - are "Capital Greens" the bunch of jumped up 16 year olds that sat right at the back of the "Gazebo side" of the away end at Hamilton??

One of whom was about 12 and insisted on smoking at the front of the stand before the game (erse) and the group that treated us to the Paul Hartley, WM and - albeit briefly - the "Steven Pressley, child molester" tune song. As well as some hilarious ditty about someone who "had AIDS and can't get rid of it, dirty Jambo *******"

If that's the future of the "Ultras" atmosphere at ER, then God help us.

Tin hat firmly on

Stew the Hibee
23-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Sweet Jeebus - are "Capital Greens" the bunch of jumped up 16 year olds that sat right at the back of the "Gazebo side" of the away end at Hamilton??

One of whom was about 12 and insisted on smoking at the front of the stand before the game (erse) and the group that treated us to the Paul Hartley, WM and - albeit briefly - the "Steven Pressley, child molester" tune song. As well as some hilarious ditty about someone who "had AIDS and can't get rid of it, dirty Jambo *******"

Tin hat firmly on

I don't know of any of us who smoke, and the youngest is 14.

I don't remember us signing Paul Hartley

Steven Pressley, was admittedly sung, but only by one or two of us. Was then decided not to sing it EVER again.

I would like to take the opportunity to state that we are completely against and racial/sectarian/O.T.T songs

lyonhibs
23-09-2008, 04:03 PM
I don't know of any of us who smoke, and the youngest is 14.

I don't remember us signing Paul Hartley

Steven Pressley, was admittedly sung, but only by one or two of us. Was then decided not to sing it EVER again.

I would like to take the opportunity to state that we are completely against and racial/sectarian/O.T.T songs

Good. Me too.

I wish you all the best with your future non-sectarian/racist endeavours.

I like singing relevant Hibs songs that glorify HFC as loudly as anyone.

The quoted songs do not fit any of the above criteria. And there was definitely some sort of "was funny once about 2 years ago" PH song in there - either the Romanov sucking him off one or the other one.

Good that you've taken the "Executive Decision" not to sing the Pressley song, although I'm left scratching my head at why the hell it was uttered at a Hamilton vs Hibs game :dunno:

Liked the "Cannae fill your gazeebo" chant though :greengrin

GGTTH

Mister P
23-09-2008, 04:10 PM
a Dress code perhaps. just so the Ultras stand out from everyone else and people know who you are.

Mister P
23-09-2008, 04:17 PM
or set up a form on your website for interested hibbies to give you therir email address. generate an email list and send regular weekly info on what youve been up to and what happening soon. link to videos, new songs etc
:dunno:

Stew the Hibee
23-09-2008, 04:24 PM
http://www.capitalgreens.co.uk/

Mister P
23-09-2008, 04:30 PM
http://www.capitalgreens.co.uk/

naw...a FORM no a forum lol.

u want a hand? (http://www.ssml.co.uk/cgform.htm) :wink:

KdyHby
23-09-2008, 05:23 PM

Every little helps!!

Donate Button:

Thanks,

Have just made a donation to the cause, here's hoping the atmosphere continues to improve making the match experience more enjoyable

Stew the Hibee
23-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Have just made a donation to the cause, here's hoping the atmosphere continues to improve making the match experience more enjoyable

Big thanks to you dude :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ed De Gramo
23-09-2008, 08:39 PM

Tin hat firmly on

Ahem......I was next to them and it was throughly refreshing to see Hibs fans singing for the entire game :agree::agree::agree:

Don't recall any smoking going on mate.....

and leave the Michael Stewart song alone :bye::bye:

Captial Greens, i was up the back with ya...next to Chuckie and was the dude with Gramo on the back.....other than getting a pie stained napkin lobbed at me....u guys were fantastic :thumbsup::thumbsup:

GGTTH

Jamie
23-09-2008, 09:46 PM
naw...a FORM no a forum lol.

u want a hand? (http://www.ssml.co.uk/cgform.htm) :wink:

Can you PM me mate :thumbsup:

Edit: You have a pm

Jamie
23-09-2008, 09:52 PM
a Dress code perhaps. :thumbsup:

capital greens tees ?

http://hibeesbounce.spreadshirt.net/en/GB/Shop/Article/Index/article/7483407

http://hibeesbounce.spreadshirt.net/en/GB/Shop/Article/Index/article/7483178

hibeeleicester
23-09-2008, 10:13 PM
you have pm from me.

McLeod1875
23-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Ahem......I was next to them and it was throughly refreshing to see Hibs fans singing for the entire game :agree::agree::agree:

Don't recall any smoking going on mate.....

and leave the Michael Stewart song alone :bye::bye:

Captial Greens, i was up the back with ya...next to Chuckie and was the dude with Gramo on the back.....other than getting a pie stained napkin lobbed at me....u guys were fantastic :thumbsup::thumbsup:

GGTTH

Cheers Gramo! :thumbsup:Yep i can remember seeing you, i pointed you out to a few of my mates :greengrin

Chuckie
24-09-2008, 12:18 AM

Tin hat firmly on

You are the most annoying person on this board.

Are you sure you are 22 years old ?

Why don't you post on www.pompousdailymailreaders.com (http://www.pompousdailymailreaders.com) ?

Your manner is so jamboesque it's unreal..

Let the laddies sing what they want.

You can sit on your hands with your tweeds, brogues, Daily Mail, dictionary, tin hat, and escape route from your parents spare room manual in your hands.

Let the real fans get on with it.

**REMOVED**

Stew the Hibee
24-09-2008, 11:22 AM
A big thanks to everyone who has donated so far. We are having a whip round on Saturday with every one who turns up. for an account that has only been set up recently, we have already raised 15 quid, which will be put towards the site, and flags etc.

California-Hibs
24-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Can me and my mate join? At Everygame always, and always singing like a couple of radges, sometimes he cant make it to away games, but im ALWAYS there! So it would be good to act like a radge with other radge Hibees! Well done in putting this all together, good job! :thumbsup:

Stew the Hibee
24-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Can me and my mate join? At Everygame always, and always singing like a couple of radges, sometimes he cant make it to away games, but im ALWAYS there! So it would be good to act like a radge with other radge Hibees! Well done in putting this all together, good job! :thumbsup:

No need to ask dude. It's nothing like you need a badge so we know who you are, just turn up and get involved :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nameless
24-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Are you the group who were singing "Bejing, Makalamby's back", at the Motherwell game? Depending on your answer there is a £10 in it for you.

Stew the Hibee
24-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Are you the group who were singing "Bejing, Makalamby's back", at the Motherwell game? Depending on your answer there is a £10 in it for you.

I'm probably about to lose a tenner here, but aye we were :agree:

Nameless
24-09-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm probably about to lose a tenner here, but aye we were :agree:

Sorry mate, but you've just lost £10. I support your efforts to bring atmosphere to the matches though, and I might be convinced to change my mind about youse lot if you can come up with some better songs:wink:

Stew the Hibee
24-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Sorry mate, but you've just lost £10. I support your efforts to bring atmosphere to the matches though, and I might be convinced to change my mind about youse lot if you can come up with some better songs:wink:

We have a few more in the bag :wink::thumbsup:

Austinho
24-09-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm probably about to lose a tenner here, but aye we were :agree:In that case, you guys all stand a few rows behind me. Will you be there every home game?

Its usually a good spot for atmosphere anyway, but the more singing the better :thumbsup:

But aye, come up with some better songs, thats the worst I've ever heard at a Hibs game :greengrin

Stew the Hibee
24-09-2008, 04:56 PM
In that case, you guys all stand a few rows behind me. Will you be there every home game?

Its usually a good spot for atmosphere anyway, but the more singing the better :thumbsup:

But aye, come up with some better songs, thats the worst I've ever heard at a Hibs game :greengrin

Aye, we plan to be their for this season atleast.

scunnyhibs
24-09-2008, 05:46 PM
If you're planning on doing decent banners that look the part then you want to use these guys for printing - hi-fli in kirriemuir
www.hi-fli.com/spocer.html

Best prices I've found for that kind of thing

Good luck

Stew the Hibee
27-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Anyone interested in showing up tomorrow?

Mister P
06-01-2010, 12:25 AM
bump....

after reading a post regarding the atmosphere at the games I felt the need to dig this old one out to bring it to peoples attention.

zlatan
06-01-2010, 12:30 AM
Are they not defunct now?

Mister P
06-01-2010, 02:05 AM

dunno but it would be a shame if so.

Keith_M
06-01-2010, 11:11 AM

Yes. I think it is a shame as at least they were actually trying to do something about the lack of atmosphere at games instead of just moaning about it on here.

Who wants to join me in my new Singing Section in West Stand Upper, Sections 10, 11 and 12?

Honestly, it'll be THE place to be for mad middle aged Ultras and we'll easily out-sing the East Stand! All I need now is a catchy name for that part of the stadium.

:greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
06-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Yes. I think it is a shame as at least they were actually trying to do something about the lack of atmosphere at games instead of just moaning about it on here.

Who wants to join me in my new Singing Section in West Stand Upper, Sections 10, 11 and 12?

Honestly, it'll be THE place to be for mad middle aged Ultras and we'll easily out-sing the East Stand! All I need now is a catchy name for that part of the stadium.

West Side Story :cool2:

ArabHibee
06-01-2010, 11:18 AM

Mind and not stand up to sing though. Your tartan rug will slide off your knees. :greengrin

Mister P
06-01-2010, 11:24 AM
http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1143344#post1143344

Hainan Hibs
06-01-2010, 11:31 AM
West Side Story :cool2:

Let's put out a shout out for Tim Westwood as chairman of this new group:agree:

NAE NOOKIE
06-01-2010, 11:22 PM
To raise the atmosphere at ER, for all games, instead of just derbys and OF visits.

Good luck mate and I mean that. ER has been off the boil for ages now and its hard to pinpoint the reason why, so anything that improves things will be great.

I still think a new East Stand is the answer or at least will help a lot.

:thumbsup:

Mikey
06-01-2010, 11:40 PM
The new east stand is the key. There are a lot of people in the north and the west who like a sing song and will be more animated when they move back over.

Keep at it guys and when the club starts working out seating for the new stand get your point over as clearly and often as possible. If you want a "singing section"......... make it happen!

If you need any help from hibs.net just let us know.

Hainan Hibs
06-01-2010, 11:51 PM
The new east stand is the key. There are a lot of people in the north and the west who like a sing song and will be more animated when they move back over.

I agree with that, my Dad goes absolutely radio rental at most games but is situated in the FF. A new East Stand would be more suitable for him:greengrin.
But aye, there are a lot of guys I think who would like the idea of moving to a new East stand and that would help create a fantastic atmosphere.

Let's get ER pumping:thumbsup:

Chuck Rhoades
07-01-2010, 09:25 AM
We're going to see about numbers at Hamilton. Get peoples numbers/name and usernames from Bounce/Net to see if this can be a go'er again. Still plenty of flags and banners from last time.

http://hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1143798#post1143798

Rory89
07-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Surely the thing this lot need most is a few people with proper loud voices to get the chants going?

I don't know any capital greens but I've seen them at Hibs games and it's a really good idea in theory, ER and our away support desperately needs a better atmosphere, especially if the east stand gets knocked down. Only problem seems to be that you're all quite young and the chants never seem to go too far, get yourselves some big laddies who can belt out Hail Hail and you're away.

Not suggesting some old boy, people you're own age obv.

P.S on a slightly different note, Sunday was the day that proved to me that knocking down the east won't ruin the atmosphere. I thought the atmosphere in there was very, very loud at times, yet anyone I've talked to at the game not in the east (jambo's or otherwise) said the Hibs support were rubbish. Such is the old banger-ness of the east, the only people who get the full atmosphere of the east stand are the ones sitting in it. Get it knocked down asap.

GreenCastle
07-01-2010, 02:55 PM

Keep at it guys and when the club starts working out seating for the new stand get your point over as clearly and often as possible. If you want a "singing section"......... make it happen!

If you need any help from hibs.net just let us know.

This is essential - there are people around the ground that want to sing and would do for most of the game if in the right area.

I know Newcastle have a section which seems to work and I think with the set up of the new east that the final few sections need to be advertised as supporters sections where people are pre warned what to expect :agree:

Mister P
07-01-2010, 10:41 PM
singing has a ripple effect I believe. therefore maybe a singing section situated in the middle of our support (as in the east nearest the FF) perhaps the knock on effect would go via the FF, into the west stand but also along the east as well :dunno:

I could be talking b0ll0x right enough.

with the singers located at the far end of the east, does the singing not just get stuck there????:dunno:

anyhoos, in a new east stand, a designated 'singers section' is a must to deal with this problem....and it is a problem.

LancashireHibby
08-01-2010, 11:47 AM
singing has a ripple effect I believe. therefore maybe a singing section situated in the middle of our support (as in the east nearest the FF) perhaps the knock on effect would go via the FF, into the west stand but also along the east as well :dunno:

I could be talking b0ll0x right enough.

with the singers located at the far end of the east, does the singing not just get stuck there????:dunno:

anyhoos, in a new east stand, a designated 'singers section' is a must to deal with this problem....and it is a problem.

Problem with that is that it's fair to say there is always a natural gravitation towards the away end for such singing sections.