PDA

View Full Version : fgk yanks

greggo77
21-09-2008, 09:20 PM
yanks win ryder cup

scott7_0(Prague)
21-09-2008, 09:23 PM
yanks win ryder cup

I would actually say Faldo handed them the yder Cup. His selection policy was all wrong and he had no tactics!!

BroxburnHibee
21-09-2008, 09:24 PM
I would actually say Faldo handed them the yder Cup. His selection policy was all wrong and he had no tactics!!

:agree:

Irish_Steve
21-09-2008, 09:27 PM

Agreed - possibly the four strongest players out last, when they possibly should have been out first to put some pressure on the Yanks.

Anyway, golf for these guys must be really boring, imagine hitting it so straight all the time, takes the fun out of guessing where your ball is going to land

Edinburgh Green
21-09-2008, 09:27 PM

I take it you missed the outstanding golf then? :confused:

Both teams plyed out their skins, better team won on the day

BroxburnHibee
21-09-2008, 09:33 PM

Maybe but 3 off our best players are still out their playing meaningless matches - Faldo's (not anyone elses) decision/gamble

:brickwall

gringojoe
21-09-2008, 09:33 PM
At least it wont be 'Arise Sir Nick' in the New Year Honours List.

Edinburgh Green
21-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Maybe but 3 off our best players are still out their playing meaningless matches - Faldo's (not anyone elses) decision/gamble

:brickwall

which 2 of them are losing, so I don't see your point? :confused:

Irish_Steve
21-09-2008, 09:37 PM
which 2 of them are losing, so I don't see your point? :confused:

If`s and buts. Congrats to the Yanks.

s club 7-0
21-09-2008, 09:41 PM
The Ryder Cup was won by the Americans playing superbly well. You can't blame NF's tactics when 2 Americans go round in 7 under par!!! Europe were beaten by the better team hands down regardless of tactics. As Justin Rose said 'the course suited the big hitting Americans'.

Well played team USA, enjoy it while you can......

BroxburnHibee
21-09-2008, 09:42 PM
If`s and buts. Congrats to the Yanks.

:agree:

The Americans were excellent and thoroughly deserved it we'll never know what could have happened with our better players further up the draw and it doesn't matter now.

At least we have got Faldo's ego trip out the way and can get a good captain back in - i like the sound of getting Woosie back in for the next one in Wales.

Genuinely pleased for Azinger :agree:

scott7_0(Prague)
21-09-2008, 09:43 PM

I never said it was rubbih golf, did I?

We needed to put pressure on the Yanks today, we never, we should have stacked the big guns out early!!

Oh and dropping Garcia and Westwood yesterday was a great tactic!

BroxburnHibee
21-09-2008, 09:45 PM
The Ryder Cup was won by the Americans playing superbly well. You can't blame NF's tactics when 2 Americans go round in 7 under par!!! Europe were beaten by the better team hands down regardless of tactics. As Justin Rose said 'the course suited the big hitting Americans'.

This was part off the problem I just don't think we had enough experience in the team.

I mean how dare the yanks set up the course to help themselves - it didnt matter 4 years ago so why would it matter now

Irish_Steve
21-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Get those big hitting Yanks to play at Lothianburn. One mis-hit and the ball will be halfway down the By-pass

Edinburgh Green
21-09-2008, 09:48 PM
I never said it was rubbih golf, did I?

We needed to put pressure on the Yanks today, we never, we should have stacked the big guns out early!!

Oh and dropping Garcia and Westwood yesterday was a great tactic!

No, but what you said was that they won the cup cos of Faldo, IMHO that's rubbish, they won because they played excellent golf, as did the Europeans.

p.s if Westwood and Harrington played in the top half they would of been hammered.

scott7_0(Prague)
21-09-2008, 09:49 PM
No, but what you said was that they won the cup cos of Faldo, IMHO that's rubbish, they won because they played excellent golf, as did the Europeans.

p.s if Westwood and Harrington played in the top half they would of been hammered.

Your entitled to your opinion but I think your wrong!:agree::wink:

BroxburnHibee
21-09-2008, 09:52 PM

And you know this how?

My point is we will never know.

Personally I felt the yanks would win before it started (an opinion which I formed in the build up last week just listening to some of the guff Faldo was coming out with) and this is why despite being gutted that we lost I am now a few quid better off :greengrin

fergal7
21-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Good on them. It will make winning it back all the sweeter. I was getting fed up winning all the time.

s club 7-0
21-09-2008, 09:55 PM
This was part off the problem I just don't think we had enough experience in the team.

I mean how dare the yanks set up the course to help themselves - it didnt matter 4 years ago so why would it matter now

The Europeans were beaten by the better team by far. Both teams played excellent golf and any golf fan would now feel pretty happy with the show over the last couple of days.

BTW Harrington is currently 2 down. Imagine if he was up against Bo Weekley!

Edinburgh Green
21-09-2008, 09:58 PM
And you know this how?

My point is we will never know.

Personally I felt the yanks would win before it started (an opinion which I formed in the build up last week just listening to some of the guff Faldo was coming out with) and this is why despite being gutted that we lost I am now a few quid better off :greengrin

I know this because both Harrington and Westwood played poorly today, and the Americans played better golf.

Gerard
21-09-2008, 09:59 PM
The European team has had a good run of victory and at some time it had to end. Well done USA.
Until next time in Wales:wink:
G

surreyhibbie
21-09-2008, 10:01 PM
The Yanks played very very well, can't dispute the result. We'll have them next time :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
21-09-2008, 10:05 PM
I know this because both Harrington and Westwood played poorly today, and the Americans played better golf.

Ah ok then sorry I doubted you :greengrin

Edinburgh Green
21-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Ah ok then sorry I doubted you :greengrin

Thats ok, just don't do it again :greengrin:wink:

chrisski33
21-09-2008, 10:18 PM
who cares! this is a football forum is it not? golf sucks!

(((Fergus)))
21-09-2008, 10:23 PM
What does it matter who wins it?

Hibbyradge
21-09-2008, 10:28 PM
I blame Garcia.

USA played fantastically well and were the better team.

Zinger used his picks to instill a close team mentality and to take advantage of the home crowd.

It will be tough to get it back.

Hibbyradge
21-09-2008, 10:29 PM

This is a Scottish forum

American expressions, er, suck.

What does that mean, anyway?

s club 7-0
21-09-2008, 10:30 PM

Some of us have other interests. If this thread is not to your liking you know where to go. Don't waste your time posting nonsense. Leave the policing of this board to the moderators.

harvey
21-09-2008, 10:38 PM

I agree. It's a real pity that our bigger players like Harrington and Garcia did not perform. You can't blame that on Faldo. I honestly think that no matter what Faldo did people were just waiting to lay all the blame on him because they don't like him.

Good to see Poulter do so well and prove most people wrong as well.

Hibbyradge
21-09-2008, 10:47 PM
I agree. It's a real pity that our bigger players like Harrington and Garcia did not perform. You can't blame that on Faldo. I honestly think that no matter what Faldo did people were just waiting to lay all the blame on him because they don't like him.

Good to see Poulter do so well and prove most people wrong as well.

I know what you mean and I have some sympathy for your point of view.

However, Azinger did manage to get his big players, and more to the point, his rookies, to perform.

s club 7-0
21-09-2008, 10:55 PM
I know what you mean and I have some sympathy for your point of view.

However, Azinger did manage to get his big players, and more to the point, his rookies, to perform.

Faldo has a reputation for being arrogant and above himself going way back into his playing days. The press have used this to their advantage and even if Europe won tonight they would have had something to say against him. I don't think he helped his cause much during that first press conference....

That aside I though he did a pretty decent job although I would have had the big guns out earlier.

woody47
21-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Only good thing I hope comes out of this is they get rid of Faldo. Too self important and arrogant. we went over there with a really strong team and he screwed it up with his picks.
I know in golf you can have good and bad days but with Faldo as captain I don't really think there was any real team spirit and that can change things.