PDA

View Full Version : transport from dundee

andrew_dundee
10-09-2008, 12:05 PM
do any buses ever leave from Dundee for Hibs games?

Moulin Yarns
10-09-2008, 12:32 PM
do any buses ever leave from Dundee for Hibs games?

Citylink or megabus :wink:

Sylar
10-09-2008, 03:28 PM
There was talk of trying to get numbers for a regular bus to run from Dundee and surrounding as there are a lot of Hibbies in the area. There are a couple in Carnousite, Monifieth, Dundee, Perth and Bridge of Earn (who post on here at least...i'm sure there are more).

Not sure if the idea was unfeasible or not, but nothing seemed to come of it - it is a question which is frequently asked though...

From This (http://www.selfdrivesolutionsltd.co.uk/step2.html) website, a 17 person minibus can be hired for £129. Divided 17 ways, equates to £7.50 per person - a LOT cheaper and flexible than public transport?

Perhaps it would be an idea to establish a Tayside supporters branch before considering a regular bus? If there's enough interest, it might be worth looking into a regular arrangement with a mini-bus hire company.

Moulin Yarns
10-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Good idea Scott, but last season I posted asking if anybody wanted a lift down the A9/M90 from Pitlochry and got one taker from Cupar.

But if is a goer, I'm up for it. There's 5 or 6 in Perth, the others you've mentioned and a group at Dundee Uni. so you would think a minibus could be filled most weeks.

Peevemor
10-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Good idea Scott, but last season I posted asking if anybody wanted a lift down the A9/M90 from Pitlochry and got one taker from Cupar.

But if is a goer, I'm up for it. There's 5 or 6 in Perth, the others you've mentioned and a group at Dundee Uni. so you would think a minibus could be filled most weeks.

:singing: There was a wee Fifer who lived in Cupar....

RIP
11-09-2008, 08:14 AM
There's actually about three dozen Hibbies in the Perth area some of whom who go to games

From prevoius posts on the topic : -

Pitlochry Hibee and his passenger fae Fife
Me and sons Fraser and Cameron
Stevie Carr and his kids
Charlie Pottinger and his wife (Arab Hibee?)
John Gillespie and his kids
Michelle
2 folk from my in-laws although one is at Uni in EDinburgh (has an ST in the West)
No 69 (Eck?) and son
Der Panzer
Gazelle
Magnificent Seven (from Perth but mibbies Glasgow-based these days?)

There's a fives team of Hibbies - past / present names include Dynamo Hibs / Perth Paul Kanos
Welch's (Methven)
Davie fae the 208
Bruce (Letham) Chris (Letham)
Scott (Tulloch)
Jake (Bridge of Earn)
The owner of 24 George Street
Callum Bruce runs the Aviator Restaurant at Perth Airport

andrew_dundee
14-09-2008, 12:43 AM
lol citylink and megabus are such a pain in the arse, they're no nasty and they never run even close to the time. a Tayside supporters branch would be a grand idea. i work as a vice president at Dundee Uni and i see folk wondering around campus in Hibs tops as often as anyone else, also if there's folk in Monifeith etc then it could be a good excuse for drinks and banter

Moulin Yarns
14-09-2008, 10:37 AM
lol citylink and megabus are such a pain in the arse, they're no nasty and they never run even close to the time. a Tayside supporters branch would be a grand idea. i work as a vice president at Dundee Uni and i see folk wondering around campus in Hibs tops as often as anyone else, also if there's folk in Monifeith etc then it could be a good excuse for drinks and banter

Fast eddie Felson is at Dundee Uni

cleanyman
14-09-2008, 10:49 AM
:singing: There was a wee Fifer who lived in Cupar....

Oi! Thats me :greengrin