PDA

View Full Version : Khan knocked out in first round

hibiedude
07-09-2008, 06:10 AM
Amir Khan was knocked out inside the first minute of his WBO intercontinental lightweight title defence by Colombia's Breidis Prescott.

The Bolton boxer was put down for the first time after just 30 seconds when hit by two lefts in quick succession.

Khan, 21, managed to regain his feet but was clearly struggling.

He resumed after an eight count but Prescott unleashed another flurry and Khan hit the deck once more before being counted out after 54 seconds.

It was a first defeat for Khan, who won an Olympic silver medal at the 2004 Olympics, in the 19th fight of his professional career

And it won't be the last, another over rated boxer just Like Alex Arthur.

Khan's comments after the fight;

I made a little mistake in there and couldn't get it back again. It was a stupid mistake," said Khan.

"That's boxing. One punch can change the fight. I'm fine but I need to go back to the drawing board and put it right.

"I'm a world beater and I'm going to come back stronger. I'm really sorry to my fans." :greengrin

I read in the papers this week that the experts were saying Colombia's Breidis Prescott was a very good fighter and khan better be in tip top condition, because this guy could ruin everything Amir Khan had done so far

Amir Khan First Sky Box Office fight because most of his fights have been on council telly

But you can view it on youtube free;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sWE8I9pzOz0

Hope this is not against the rules

rainman
07-09-2008, 06:15 AM
Amir Khan was knocked out inside the first minute of his WBO intercontinental lightweight title defence by Colombia's Breidis Prescott.

The Bolton boxer was put down for the first time after just 30 seconds when hit by two lefts in quick succession.

Khan, 21, managed to regain his feet but was clearly struggling.

He resumed after an eight count but Prescott unleashed another flurry and Khan hit the deck once more before being counted out after 54 seconds.

It was a first defeat for Khan, who won an Olympic silver medal at the 2004 Olympics, in the 19th fight of his professional career

And it won't be the last, another over rated boxer just Like Alex Arthur.

Khan's comments after the fight;

I made a little mistake in there and couldn't get it back again. It was a stupid mistake," said Khan.

"That's boxing. One punch can change the fight. I'm fine but I need to go back to the drawing board and put it right.

"I'm a world beater and I'm going to come back stronger. I'm really sorry to my fans." :greengrin

I read in the papers this week that the experts were saying Colombia's Breidis Prescott was a very good fighter and khan better be in tip top condition, because this guy could ruin everything Amir Khan had done so far

I wouldn't put Khan in the same category as Arthur.

Arthur is a good boxer and faced decent opposition. His defeats have come down to having the wrong attitude.

Khan should be put in with Audley Harrison where their career's have been drawn out for them to make money. They have faced nobodies and each time they've came up against somebody with ability, they've been shown up for what they are.

hibiedude
07-09-2008, 06:39 AM
Can't disagree with your reply rainman, Khan's career have been drawn out for him to make money as for Audley Harrison career I still laugh when people were saying he was the next big thing. His career was over very quickly now he on telly doing voice over’s or selling insurance.

If Boxers have true ability they will make millions, but we keep seeing fighters such as Khan coming up against nobodies who couldn’t fight sleep, and when they do come up against decent opponents like Breidis Prescott they toil.

Ants
07-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Breidis Prescott was 7/1 to win.

hibiedude
07-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Amir Khan was 14-1 to win any Olympic medal at the 2004 Olympics

Frank Bruno was 25-1 to hold any of the 3 heavy weight titles

The guys in the know including Colin Hart from the sun have been sying all week that Breidis Prescott was not there just to make Amir Khan look good.

Ed De Gramo
07-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Amir Khan.....GIRFUY :agree::agree:

About time put him and his massive ego on the canvas :agree::agree:

Judas Iscariot
07-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Hahahahahaha... Khan was all over the shop... :dizzy:

Funny as *****! :thumbsup:

Nae joy :agree:

bobbyhibs1983
07-09-2008, 10:34 AM
ye i hate kahn with a passion, think he is a cocky git(thats putting it nicely, mind you:greengrin)

Just feel he is getitng too big for his boots,Ok he has been put against low level opponets, witch he needs, as he is starting out, but come on, he saying he is a world beater?He had a fight was a half decent guy last night and went to peices, can you imagen him in the ring with somone who is world class?

Hank Schrader
07-09-2008, 11:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1hLX9j1gEg

For those who didnt see it.

Hank Schrader
07-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Amir Khan.....GIRFUY :agree::agree:

About time put him and his massive ego on the canvas :agree::agree:

You've been harping on about Khan for the past few years now, you must be delighted you were proven right.

Now that Khan has been found out and will descend into C List obscurity, perhaps he can make an appearance at your bean fest and perhaps pour the beans in?:greengrin

Hank Schrader
07-09-2008, 11:23 AM
What a knock out that is!!

I drove past a drunk who staggering home from the pub last night, he was in better nick than Khan after that punch!:greengrin

Ed De Gramo
07-09-2008, 11:23 AM
You've been harping on about Khan for the past few years now, you must be delighted you were proven right.

Now that Khan has been found out and will descend into C List obscurity, perhaps he can make an appearance at your bean fest and perhaps pour the beans in?:greengrin

Hmmm....a boxing match between Riordan and Khan with the loser joining me in the tub :thumbsup::thumbsup: