PDA

View Full Version : NFL Sunday Starts the morn

Dr_Regal
06-09-2008, 10:58 PM
took me 2 years to get into the bloody thing, but I'm coming around now. The fantasy football is pretty good as well. Anybody partake in that?

Any Hibbies got a team they like to look out for?

I'm a Big Patriots fan,living in New England you don't have a choice. Other teams Titans and Packers.

GhostofBolivar
06-09-2008, 11:13 PM
took me 2 years to get into the bloody thing, but I'm coming around now. The fantasy football is pretty good as well. Anybody partake in that?

Any Hibbies got a team they like to look out for?

I'm a Big Patriots fan,living in New England you don't have a choice. Other teams Titans and Packers.

Been playing in a NFL fantasy league on CBS for a couple of years now. It's almost infinitely better than the UK version of fantasy play. I have Addai and Reggie Wayne this year and I'll be watching the games tomorrow with a Bears supporting mate who has Dallas Clark. That'll be very funny.

Landells
06-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Pats:thumbsup:

Reggie Bush!!!:thumbsup:

Brady!:thumbsup:

GhostofBolivar
08-09-2008, 03:48 AM
Pats:thumbsup:

Reggie Bush!!!:thumbsup:

Brady!:thumbsup:

Is done for the year. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3574166)

:panic::big grin::hahaha::dead:

Hank Schrader
08-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Is done for the year. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3574166)

:panic::big grin::hahaha::dead:

Shocker.

Wonder how much that will effect NE's chances this season. Whats their backup QB like?

Mon the Bears:greengrin

Sylar
08-09-2008, 05:51 PM
I don't care what Bernard Pollard says, it was indeed a cheap shot at Brady - absolutely no excuse to continue trying to hit Brady from where he was!

I still think we'll have a good season, but losing Brady will be a HUGE blow to our chances of reaching the playoffs, let alone the superbowl!

HibsMax
09-09-2008, 11:23 PM
The Pat's backup QB is Matt Cassel and he's a career backup. His name doesn't carry much clout around these parts.

BUT

he played well when he came out on Sunday.

There's not doubt that the franchise is built around Brady but the Pats have a pretty solid team. Maroney and Morris looked good. Moss and Welker are also great targets for whomever QBs the Pats for the rest of the season.

As much as I like Tom Brady and nobody can doubt his talent, I think the Pats will still do OK for themselves.

We got a better start than the Colts and the Bolts. LOL. :)

Dr_Regal
10-09-2008, 03:18 PM
yeah very much enjoyed the colts getting lamped on sunday night, Bears were awesome! manning wis nearly greetin !
The Packer's looked great on Monday night, as did the Bronco's although the Raider's defense is hilarious!
Can't believe Vince young(Titans) is having mental problems.If he gets his **** together titans gotta chance at the superbowl.Mean defense!

Patriots got a good test next week against favre and the Jets, cannae wait ! Looks as though Maroney is gonna have to have a monster season!

My fantasy team for espn, McNabb,Tomlinson,Maroney,Brown(MIA),Johnson(CIN), Williams(DET),Gates,Pats D,Gould. bench is silly too.

Would have loved ADDAI too though!

Sylar
10-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Not a bad team - I got a good place in my ESPN draft and ended up with a frightening team!

QB - Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers)
RB - Ladanian Tomlinson (San Diego Chargers)
RB/WR - Joseph Addai (Indianapolis Colts - shudder)
WR - Randy Moss (New England Patriots)
TE - Kyle Brady (New England Patriots)
Def. - Tennessee Titans
Place Kicker - Stephen Gostkowski

Bench is slightly less impressive, but i'm happy enough with my starting roster!

Dr_Regal
10-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Not a bad team - I got a good place in my ESPN draft and ended up with a frightening team!

QB - Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers)
RB - Ladanian Tomlinson (San Diego Chargers)
RB/WR - Joseph Addai (Indianapolis Colts - shudder)
WR - Randy Moss (New England Patriots)
TE - Kyle Brady (New England Patriots)
Def. - Tennessee Titans
Place Kicker - Stephen Gostkowski

Bench is slightly less impressive, but i'm happy enough with my starting roster!

how did you manage to get Addai,Moss,Brady and Tomlinson? they are all first round picks. did you get 1st pic?
Immpressive team.

Sylar
10-09-2008, 06:07 PM
First pick, in a league where most of the players thought it better to populate their teams with the players from their supported teams, than quality players - I just picked up those who were left over.

Kyle Brady was a 2nd round for me :confused:

Sylar
14-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Matt Cassel is fitting into the role well - playing a lot of short, fast passes into space, gaining a lot of yards on our offense.

Our defense have been the strong point tonight so far though.

Tense game vs the Jets!

As an aside, some game in Detroit earlier tonight between the Lions and the Packers - the Lions were leading with 7 minutes to go, before throwing 3 interceptions! :greengrin

Dr_Regal
14-09-2008, 11:46 PM
cant believe the colts ended upwinning their game against the vikings! Shocking for 7/8 of the match.

my titans are still going strong!
Packers doing well also!
the patriots game was a bit of an anti-climax, but the pats were excellent, and got at Favre whenever they wanted.
Cassel looked tidy, i wish Moss had caught that one though!

NYHibby
15-09-2008, 03:13 AM
Kyle Brady was a 2nd round for me :confused:

Kyle Brady went to my high school. He used to hang out at the house across the street from me. I'm pretty sure that he retired.

I'm surprised that so many people here are Pats fans. Supporting them is like supporting the OF.

Sylar
15-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Kyle Brady went to my high school. He used to hang out at the house across the street from me. I'm pretty sure that he retired

I'd been wondering, as he was a starter for us fairly often towards the end of last season - I knew they had been in negotiations with him in the closed season over extensions, but never sought the outcome - better take the bugger out of my rotation anyway!

I'm surprised that so many people here are Pats fans. Supporting them is like supporting the OF.

I lived in Newport for 3 years and the Patriots were the closest thing to a local team we had! Travelled to Louisiana for the 2002 Superbowl so resent that comment somewhat! :wink:

NYHibby
15-09-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm surprised that they let you draft him. I would have thought that they would have removed him from the system. Its not like he retired in august.

Houchy
17-09-2008, 02:16 PM
The Referee/Umpire/twat in stripy shirt, robbed me of £150 on Sunday when he ruled that the fumble with 25 secs left in the chargers game was an incomplete pass!!!

He even admited it on the field that it should have been ruled a fumble but he blew for an incomplete pass.

Because of that, the chargers lost the game and burst my 5 fold accumulator.

Erse

Haymaker
18-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Kyle Brady went to my high school. He used to hang out at the house across the street from me. I'm pretty sure that he retired.

Patriots are my team because it was them in the first game i ever watched, they won, i liked.

But they havent been the same since they traded Peter Griffin to the London Sillynannies :grr: worst mistake ever!

Perth Hibee
19-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Just got tickets through the door for jets v broncos at the meadowlands. Cant wait to see my hero brett favre. Birds not too impressed, she thinks shes going xmas shopping on fifth avenue and really she`s ending up in the new york winter ice for 4 hours, get in!!! :thumbsup: