PDA

View Full Version : Sol Bamba

MontrealHibs
31-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Throwing that name into the mix before tomorrows deadline... heard yesterday this may happen.

Shrekko
31-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Throwing that name into the mix before tomorrows deadline... heard yesterday this may happen. :brickwall

Could be a decent signing IMO.

Chuckie
31-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Good player. :agree:

Westie1875
31-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Good player. :agree:

You think? I seem to recall him being a bit of a bombscare at times... :bitchy:

Chuckie
31-08-2008, 03:17 PM

Impressed me against us in the SC Semi and again in the final V Tic..

_hucks_
31-08-2008, 03:17 PM
I always really admired him, think it would give us more options in that position. Would be happy if this happened.

Capt Mainwaring
31-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Throwing that name into the mix before tomorrows deadline... heard yesterday this may happen. :brickwall

Please NO. He's a very poor mans Titus Bramble! Complete disaster zone.

500miles
31-08-2008, 03:21 PM
I was under the impression that he wasn't playing much last season. Was he injured?

MontrealHibs

Full of potential. Could get a 1m for him in year or so!

Shrekko

What I like about him is he's very aggressive- similar to Bobo Balde. I think we need this at the back at the monent.

Barney McGrew
31-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Thats my concern. He seems a bit error prone.

He'll fit in well in our defence then :devil:

Shrekko
31-08-2008, 03:30 PM
People are saying he's error prone and a bombscare- is there actually any evidence of this or is this just a pre-conceived idea?

I can remember him making any obvious errors- do other folk saying otherwise actually have any good examples?

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Do we drop Hogg to fit him in? Or shift Hogg to RB and drop Van Zanten?

chrisski33
31-08-2008, 03:31 PM
i also heard we may buy someone else if he doesnt sign for hearts lol lol lots of rumours everywhere!

MontrealHibs
31-08-2008, 03:31 PM
What I like about him is he's very aggressive- similar to Bobo Balde. I think we need this at the back at the monent.

You think with Ian Murray, Jones and Hogg that were lacking somebody prepared ot make their presence felt? I think they are all pretty good in that aspect ? Lewis Stevenson is pretty robust as well.

Dr What If?
31-08-2008, 03:55 PM
On paper our back four looks decent enough, unfortunately football is played on grass. I'd take him, good, tough player - may be able to do a job for us.

Sir David Gray
31-08-2008, 03:57 PM

I seem to remember him going through a bit of a purple patch a wee while ago but generally I thought he was dodgy.

Auckland Hibs
31-08-2008, 04:02 PM
You think with Ian Murray, Jones and Hogg that were lacking somebody prepared ot make their presence felt? I think they are all pretty good in that aspect ? Lewis Stevenson is pretty robust as well.

When was the last time we kept a clean sheet? I think that sums up our defence.

Shrekko
31-08-2008, 05:13 PM

Murray- midfielder, Jones-yes, Hoggy-no, although a solid pro,... and Lewis a big physical presence? Stevenson has to try and be 'robust' to make up for the fact that most players are far stronger than him- it's not his fault, just his size.

Nobody has come up with any evidence re the 'bombscare' allegation.

greenlex
31-08-2008, 05:35 PM
When was the last time we kept a clean sheet? I think that sums up our defence.
Think it sums up the defensive qualities of our midfeild players at present to be honest. Take a look at Zouma at the well goal yesterday. I think all playersd should defend when we don't have the ball and barring two centre backs and maybe one defensive midfeilder everyone should be attacking minded when we have it.

joe_hfc
31-08-2008, 05:36 PM
he's a better version of HKT IMO. However i've only seem him once or twice, and he has to be something right to be captain of Ivory Coast under-21s (IIRC)

Ivan Drago
31-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Be a good signing for us, I'd have him in our side instead of Hogg and Canning.

Why is Darren McCormack not getting a chance :dunno:

Shrekko
31-08-2008, 05:39 PM
he's a better version of HKT IMO. However i've only seem him once or twice, and he has to be something right to be captain of Ivory Coast under-21s (IIRC)

Absolutely nothing like Gateussi. Where you get that from?

gringojoe
31-08-2008, 05:40 PM

He is also similar to Shelton Martis ie murder.

joe_hfc
31-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Absolutely nothing like Gateussi. Where you get that from?

erratic, strong, bombs forward, fast, doesn't shy from challenges. etc etc

Ivan Drago
31-08-2008, 05:42 PM
He is also similar to Shelton Martis ie murder.

How do you get he is murder? :dunno: Based on what :dunno:

joe_hfc
31-08-2008, 05:42 PM

I agree, i've always though he's looked like a decent prospect. Can't be long before Tolmie starts making the bench, surely?

blaikie
31-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Was he not going to watford :dunno: Would be a decent player for us :agree:

PiemanP
31-08-2008, 05:46 PM

:agree: Young scottish player (hibee aswell) who has been scotland U19 captain and looked assured everytime he has played for us. how much better will bamba be compared to McCormack? would much rather see mixu go with DM and put any wages bamba would have recieved towards a certain ex striker of our.

MontrealHibs
31-08-2008, 05:46 PM
I agree, i've always though he's looked like a decent prospect. Can't be long before Tolmie starts making the bench, surely?

He has just been promoted to the first team squad, so suggests it's possible/likely this term.

Ivan Drago
31-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Was he not going to watford :dunno: Would be a decent player for us :agree:

Failed a medical I think :duck:

Shrekko
31-08-2008, 05:51 PM
erratic, strong, bombs forward, fast, doesn't shy from challenges. etc etc

I dont really picture Bamba as an attacking right-back which is what Gateussi is.

You say Bamba bombs forward- I just dont see that at all, he's a no nonsense cente-half.
As for being erratic, nobody has been able to come up with any reasoning for that.

The guy is an Ivory Coast under 23 international who Watford were very keen to sign. That would say something to me.

The_Horde
31-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Hell no.

gringojoe
31-08-2008, 05:59 PM
How do you get he is murder? :dunno: Based on what :dunno:

The fouls he gives away around the box, he dives into tackles, no composure a poor mans Marvin Andrews.

MontrealHibs
31-08-2008, 06:01 PM
I dont really picture Bamba as an attacking right-back which is what Gateussi is.

You say Bamba bombs forward- I just dont see that at all, he's a no nonsense cente-half.
As for being erratic, nobody has been able to come up with any reasoning for that.

The guy is an Ivory Coast under 23 international who Watford were very keen to sign. That would say something to me.

Note use of the words "were keen" ... :greengrin

The Pars fans don't appear to rate him. :blah:

Shrekko
31-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Note use of the words "were keen" ... :greengrin

The Pars fans don't appear to rate him. :blah:

If thats true re the Pars fans then I'd definitely accept that it's not a good signing.

Me, and virtually every other person thats posted wont have seen him play very often but he did look a very promising player the year they beat us in the cup semi- he was very good in that cup game.

keep the faith
31-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Pars season ticket holder I know cant believe a bigger club has not come in for Bamba.

He was good in the cup games against us last season thats for sure.

J-C
31-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Young McCormack knocked back a move to the smellies to stay at ER, what is he know around 20/21 yrs old ? always looked a half decent prospect when he's played, surely worth a few more games by now.

BarneyK
01-09-2008, 12:03 AM
http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2008/09/01/sportstory11897027t0.asp

According to this we've had a 50k bid accepted by the pars and signing talks have taken place yesterday. Motherwell have also had a bid accepted and held signing talks.
Not convinced by this, especially if we are baulking at £250k for Deeks.

zlatan
01-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Go on Motherwell, you know you want him.

Steve-O
01-09-2008, 12:12 AM
I wouldn't be too upset if this happened to be honest.

campbellfan
01-09-2008, 12:28 AM
think this would be a sound move - a decent no nonsense defender !

passionatehibby
01-09-2008, 12:33 AM
I really hope this deal doesn't go through either, every time I've seen the guy play he's been an accident waiting to happen ..I hear the Dunfermline fans call him "Bomb scare Bamba". :bitchy:

I think you will find they will be delighted if we took him off their hands :brickwall

May I also add, he was playing in the centre of defence when they got relegated .

robinhood
01-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Was he not supposed be at some club down south now. Watford perhaps. An absolute bombscare.

Hibbie_Cameron
01-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Was he not supposed be at some club down south now. Watford perhaps. An absolute bombscare.

Yeah he was. I also agree that he is a bombscare

hibsdaft
01-09-2008, 01:13 AM
not exactlty our weakest area of the pitch either. strange one.

what message is this going to send to Darren McCormack etc

shamo9
01-09-2008, 01:15 AM
I remember he cleared Benji's shot off the line in the last 10 minutes of the Semi Final in 2007.

I never forget, I never forgive:grr::wink:

VegasHibby
01-09-2008, 02:01 AM
Well you get what you pay for. Ambitious Petrie at it again.......
Between Bamba and Maka we'll see some nice howlers this season.....

Steve-O
01-09-2008, 02:18 AM

Read the article...

passionatehibby
01-09-2008, 04:32 AM
This part of the article alarms me most - "yet proving equally adept at perpetrating some howling mistakes"

I think we have had enough of players prone to 'howlers' :bitchy:

I know he's put in "a handful of superb defensive performances"

I'm sure zibi also put in a 'handful of superb goalkeeping displays' during his tenure with us .:devil:

rainman
01-09-2008, 04:57 AM
This part of the article alarms me most - "yet proving equally adept at perpetrating some howling mistakes"

I think we have had enough of players prone to 'howlers' :bitchy:

I know he's put in "a handful of superb defensive performances"

I'm sure zibi also put in a 'handful of superb goalkeeping displays' during his tenure with us .:devil:

Only saw him a few times but definately remember him as a bombscare.

Col2
01-09-2008, 05:17 AM
Only saw him a few times but definately remember him as a bombscare.

I was one of the people who rated him (maybe in the minority by the looks of things). Yes I think he has his moments but he was MOM in the cup semi v dunfermline if I remember, rock solid.

He strikes me as one of those who can head the ball all day and win tackles when he plays in a team tht is more defensive - i.e. Parkheid or Ibrox but prone to the odd gaff when no fully utilised against other teams.

Zeberdee
01-09-2008, 06:45 AM
does anyone 'in the know' know if this is true? good signing i think. We've lost stupid goals for the last couple years, so as much as i like hogg and jones, it obviously needs changed.

DaveF
01-09-2008, 07:04 AM
not exactlty our weakest area of the pitch either. strange one.

what message is this going to send to Darren McCormack etc

It'll tell him he's not thought good enough and that's a shame. However, as this is nothing but rumour at the moment, then I'll hold off on a final judgement until 00:00...........

Zeberdee
01-09-2008, 07:11 AM
If he does sign i hope people give him a chance.

bingo70
01-09-2008, 07:13 AM
i imagine if this story is true we'll have seen the last of Rob Jones :agree:

the rod-flu strikes again :wink:

col02
01-09-2008, 07:14 AM
Reading between the lines i reckon Jones is one of the players attracting serious interest if we are looking to sign another centre back. Currently have Jones, Hogg, Canning, Murray and McCormack who can play there Hanlon too if push came to shove.

skipster7
01-09-2008, 07:40 AM
was at the carvery at ER yesterday and on the way out jim leishman and bamba were outside the west stand so looks like it could be true. replacment for jones ?:confused:

Zeberdee
01-09-2008, 07:47 AM
was at the carvery at ER yesterday and on the way out jim leishman and bamba were outside the west stand so looks like it could be true. replacment for jones ?:confused:

at least he's a bit of a character. quite positive about this signing myself.

H1B33 1875
01-09-2008, 07:50 AM
looks like another shelton martis to me, can have a decent game but also very probe to howlers, id rather see mccormack given more games than us signing bamba.

MyJo
01-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Its either jones away before the end of the day or we'll be playing 3-5-2 from now on :greengrin

Zeberdee
01-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Its either jones away before the end of the day or we'll be playing 3-5-2 from now on :greengrin

people have suggested interest in hogg. apparently he did a mini lap of honour at full time on sat.

hibbybrian
01-09-2008, 07:56 AM

at least he's a bit of a character. quite positive about this signing myself.

Plenty character and experience but I reckon Jim's a bit too old :greengrin :duck:

down the slope
01-09-2008, 07:58 AM
That's what we need -another centre back when the team is crying out fot a decent midfielder or two never mind the goalkeeping area, think Bamba is a bombscare .

Mikey
01-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Mibbe he's an addition to the squad. Drop the diamond and play 3-5-2 :wink:

RIP
01-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Just stop and think

Maka in goals
Gatheussi at right back
Bamba at right centre back

anything could happen!!
:devil:

Hibbyradge
01-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Well you get what you pay for. Ambitious Petrie at it again.......
Between Bamba and Maka we'll see some nice howlers this season.....

I would imagine Mixu identified him as a possible target, not Petie.

andrew70
01-09-2008, 08:21 AM
people have suggested interest in hogg. apparently he did a mini lap of honour at full time on sat.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hogg was attracting interest and his performances latterly suggest he has other things on his mind. Last couple of years a very consistent performer latterly, though, he has made a few mistakes. Although the 'mini lap of honour' is what he does at the end of every game coming to the fans to show his appreciation. I wouldn't suggest it was anything else...but you never know...good luck to him if he is on his way

DBHibs
01-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Bamba would be a no bad addition to the squad I reckon.

But is he any better than the centre halves we already have? Surely the cash could be better spent on a goalkeeper or Matty Jack-type midfielder?

Widburnhibby
01-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Just stop and think

Maka in goals
Gatheussi at right back
Bamba at right centre back

anything could happen!!
:devil:

Holy ****.......that would be to Hibs what Gary Glitter is to babysitting !! :bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

Sudds_1
01-09-2008, 08:30 AM
The fav Hibs net saying!! Thicot, Murray & Keenan can all do that job.

I think the word is "presence".........we don't have a player in the midfield who has that......... and to be honest, I'd rather money was spent in that direction........

........of course, the manager needs vision to do that :devil:

MB62
01-09-2008, 08:46 AM
I would imagine Mixu identified him as a possible target, not Petie.

Mixu probably identified him as a possible target that is within the wage and transfer fee stranglehold, oops sorry, structure.

Personally, I also think that centre half is priority position to strengthen as Jones is a nightmare. Whether Bamba is the the right man to strengthen is another question but we need somebody.

Speedway
01-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Talk 107 saying it's £75k we've bid for Bamba.

aliman82
01-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Cover for when Jones is suspended/injured? I think most would agree we lack someone to deal with high balls etc and let Hogg work off them when Jones ain't there.

If so I'd welcome the signing.

Hibbyradge
01-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Another player for folk to critisise and me to defend. :wink:

I quite liked what I saw of him.

Here is his bebo page (http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=2157896003), in case you're interested.

blaikie
01-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Would be a okay signing :agree: But does this mean the end of Rob Jones at er :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2008, 09:06 AM

You could be right, the 3-5-2 system with rob jones playing wide left in the ulrick laursson role.:greengrin

MontrealHibs
01-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Throwing that name into the mix before tomorrows deadline... heard yesterday this may happen.

I seem to have got this one right... I wonder if the same source can confirm Riordan :greengrin

Callum_62
01-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Here is his bebo page (http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=2157896003), in case you're interested.

Taken from his Bebo.....

"Music
like big mix
"

Done deal then, just a typo! :greengrin:wink:

Westie1875
01-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Talk 107 saying it's £75k we've bid for Bamba.

£75k which should be going towards bringing Riordan back. :grr:

khib70
01-09-2008, 09:41 AM

Absolutely - sell everybody, don't buy anyone except Deeks, He will come and save us:blah: You've got another 45 Riordan threads to post on - why hijack this one?:yawn:

lyonhibs
01-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Absolutely - sell everybody, don't buy anyone except Deeks, He will come and save us:blah: You've got another 45 Riordan threads to post on - why hijack this one?:yawn:

Haven't you heard - if we don't sign Deeks, that means we have done "no business" during this transfer window, which is a shining endoresement of the FIVE (yes count them you dunderheids) new players Mixu has brought in.

In a perverse way, I sort of hope he doesn't sign, just to see if gravity in the Leith area reverses, and the sun sets into the Firth of Forth. I assume that'll be the least of our worries if the Messiah doesn't return.

Our defence can't keep a clean sheet and we're writing off the signing of a centre back before its even happened - quality!!

Westie1875
01-09-2008, 09:46 AM

Because I felt it was a relevant point about where the cash should be going. I would rather we spent it on a 20 goal a season striker than a bombscare defender.

Zeberdee
01-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Because I felt it was a relevant point about where the cash should be going. I would rather we spent it on a 20 goal a season striker than a bombscare defender.

its a team game. we need both.

khib70
01-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Haven't you heard - if we don't sign Deeks, that means we have done "no business" during this transfer window, which is a shining endoresement of the FIVE (yes count them you dunderheids) new players Mixu has brought in.

In a perverse way, I sort of hope he doesn't sign, just to see if gravity in the Leith area reverses, and the sun sets into the Firth of Forth. I assume that'll be the least of our worries if the Messiah doesn't return.

Our defence can't keep a clean sheet and we're writing off the signing of a centre back before its even happened - quality!!
Yeah, sometimes you just despair.:grr: Of course what we really should be doing is tracking down a centre back who kept a string of clean sheets two years ago, but hasn't kicked a ball in anger ever since. Maybe one of the OF has one:greengrin

Expecting Rain
01-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Bamba and Makalamby?:hmmm:

Wakeyhibee
01-09-2008, 10:22 AM

I can't believe we've wasted £75k on an unproven striker. On soccerabse his record is pathetic 34 starts 0 goals in the league

Jim44
I don't think Bamba is any better than what's there already.

jonty
I can't believe we've wasted £75k on an unproven striker. On soccerabse his record is pathetic 34 starts 0 goals in the league
:tee hee:

Nelly070
01-09-2008, 10:23 AM

Bamba is a defender. Still a waste of money if true imho :grr:

Hiber-nation
01-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Bamba would be a no bad addition to the squad I reckon.

But is he any better than the centre halves we already have? Surely the cash could be better spent on a goalkeeper or Matty Jack-type midfielder?

One that rampages forward, loses the ball and doesnae bother tracking back you mean :wink:

Wakeyhibee
01-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Bamba is a defender. Still a waste of money if true imho :grr:

:fishin: and the winner is........................

sorry couldn't resist :greengrin

MyJo
01-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Yeah, sometimes you just despair.:grr: Of course what we really should be doing is tracking down a centre back who kept a string of clean sheets two years ago, but hasn't kicked a ball in anger ever since. Maybe one of the OF has one:greengrin

We couldn't afford Bobo Balde :wink:

Nelly070
01-09-2008, 10:27 AM
:fishin: and the winner is........................

sorry couldn't resist :greengrin

:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall
Sw!ne !! the thought went through my head as I was typing :thumbsup:

Zeberdee
01-09-2008, 10:30 AM
how many of you negative posters have actually seen him a lot recently. so dont base judgement on him 2 years ago when he was only 21. He's 23 so probably matured a bit and hibs will have had him watched. If they think he's good enough then he probably is.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2008, 10:39 AM
how many of you negative posters have actually seen him a lot recently. so dont base judgement on him 2 years ago when he was only 21. He's 23 so probably matured a bit and hibs will have had him watched. If they think he's good enough then he probably is.

Thats my view on it too, he did seem to make the odd mistake, but he always seemed to do well against us, and did have a lot of promise, hopefully if he comes he can make that step up and improve again with us.

Wakeyhibee
01-09-2008, 10:43 AM

Probably in the reserves ( and that isn't meant to be negative), he's played 3 games since Christmas (is that appearance money reasons?)

Ritchie
01-09-2008, 11:03 AM
would be a great signing IMO :thumbsup:

Green Man
01-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Setanta reporting that Hibs and Motherwell have had bids accepted.

Spike Mandela
01-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Setanta reporting that Hibs and Motherwell have had bids accepted.

Our wages are competitive with all clubs outwith the OF and Hearts says Rod. Hmmm should be a no brainer then. Time will tell

Speedway
01-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Our wages are competitive with all clubs outwith the OF and Hearts says Rod. Hmmm should be a no brainer then. Time will tell

:agree: Magoo to parade him at Fir Park before Sundown then.

Perspective
01-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Big, strong and quick but very raw.

If Mowbray or Collins were still in charge I'd take him in a minute, as I think there's a player in there if developed properly.

I've seen no indication, though, that Mixu can bring players on.

Can any Pars fans looking in confirm whether he's left or right sided? If he's right-sided I wouldn't be disappointed if he signed, but if he's a leftie then it's another body to stall Darren McCormack's progress yet further.

Wakeyhibee
01-09-2008, 11:36 AM

If Mowbray or Collins were still in charge I'd take him in a minute, as I think there's a player in there if developed properly.

Can any Pars fans looking in confirm whether he's left or right sided? If he's right-sided I wouldn't be disappointed if he signed, but if he's a leftie then it's another body to stall Darren McCormack's progress yet further.

Seem to remember him on the RH side of central defence v Hibs at EEP when we tonked them 0-4

YehButNoBut
01-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Sky now reporting that Bamba is a done deal, welcome to Hibs. :greengrin

crash
01-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Sky sports saying he is undergoing a medical just now at ER prior to signing.

FT'J'Bo's
01-09-2008, 11:39 AM
According too sky bamba is a done deal just been on!!!!

Spike Mandela
01-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Also said fee around £100,000:confused:

Must be someone on way out to fund this.

Westie1875
01-09-2008, 11:40 AM

Pars ST holder at my work watches him every week and cannot believe we are in for him.

bawheid
01-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Pars ST holder at my work watches him every week and cannot believe we are in for him.

Cannot believe, as in absolutely gutted that we are taking away their best player by far? :pray:

:greengrin

Speedway
01-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Cue the 'That's £100k that could have been spent on a butler for Deeks' posts.

Onceinawhile
01-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Bamba and Makalamby?:hmmm:

bambalamby:thumbsup:

of course because european football wouldnt be a big incentive

Also said fee around £100,000:confused:

Must be someone on way out to fund this.

martin canning to hamilton, chisolm bid from hamilton rejected:agree:

robinp
01-09-2008, 11:45 AM

Same here! :brickwall

andrew_dundee
01-09-2008, 11:47 AM
my jambo mate who works next door to me says he's *****..... not a good sign :confused:

Richard Scott
01-09-2008, 11:49 AM
What a waste of £100,000

Zeberdee
01-09-2008, 11:50 AM
well my mate reckons he's one of their best players if not the best!

Richard Scott
01-09-2008, 11:50 AM
my jambo mate who works next door to me says he's *****..... not a good sign :confused:

He is :agree: a waste of money and a waste of a wage

Zeberdee
01-09-2008, 11:52 AM
He is :agree: a waste of money and a waste of a wage

Get a grip! the guys not even finished his medical and already you's are slagging him! Give him a chance FFS :soapbox:

Sir David Gray
01-09-2008, 11:53 AM
I haven't seen Bamba recently and as I said yesterday I think he went through a period where he was really impressive, however I also seem to remember him being a liability at Dunfermline.

I will reserve judgement until I see him play in a Hibs jersey but at this moment I can't say i'm overly ecstatic at his arrival. Sincerely hope he proves me wrong though. :agree:

steve75
01-09-2008, 11:56 AM
I did some stewarding at east end last season, and have to say when he pays attention bamba can be pretty good, maybe even hibs class :wink:, but the guy seems to have his head in the clouds 90% of the game, hopefuly its because he feels he was too gd for 1st division and playin in the top flight for hibs, were hes gonna have to fight for his place, will bring out the best in him... although i think we shouldv signed scott wilson... hes been brilliant recently

Richard Scott
01-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Get a grip! the guys not even finished his medical and already you's are slagging him! Give him a chance FFS :soapbox:

Oh :confused: I AM sorry, but I thought this was a messageboard :confused: a place for fans alike to air their views :bitchy: I don't like him, don't rate him, never have , what's the problem?

Jim44
01-09-2008, 11:57 AM
A couple of Pars fans I know, used to say he was a fairly good player (when he was settled there) but since his eyes have strayed further afield, they have said he is mince. What do you believe? As I said earlier, IMHO he's no better that what we have and potentially a waste of £100K which might have been more useful in other negotiations. Unless of-course, certain parties know that certain deals are complete no-no's and are hurriedly using what cash is there to be spent on new players.....I hope not.

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Oh :confused: I AM sorry, but I thought this was a messageboard :confused: a place for fans alkie to air their views :bitchy: I don't like him, don't rate him, never have , what's the problem?

Your subconscience speaking through the medium of typing :devil:

Richard Scott
01-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Your subconscience speaking through the medium of typing :devil:

It's been edited :greengrin

wee hay
01-09-2008, 12:10 PM
According to my mate he got taken apart from sparky so therefore he will get done in the spl as well great gd luck bamba welcome to hibs:hnet:

Amadou_doo_doo
01-09-2008, 12:22 PM
How can people possbily be so negative about a guy that hasn't even played for us yet? I am so sick of hearing my mates mate says he is crap etc. I have seen him only a couple times and always thought he looked decent. Still only young and might be that big physical presence that we need at the back.

Did anyone see how easily Hogg was turned for the goal on saturday?

I reckon people should take a massive step back and at least wait to see a player play before syaing he is rubbish. I doubt very highly anyone posting here has actually seen enough of him to judge him either way.

number9dream
01-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Unless Jones is on his way, I can't see the sense in this signing at all...
Sure, Bamba was good in the SC semi-final games against us but is he any better than Canning or McCormack - Thicot and Murray also capable of playing in central defence.
Maybe McCormack will be sent out on loan, along with Campbell, who needs to beef up.

my left peg
01-09-2008, 12:26 PM
he`s signed,its official,this means UEFA hibby is definately `in the know`,i didnt think they excisted:greengrin

capitals_finest
01-09-2008, 12:51 PM

:aok:

rainman
01-09-2008, 12:57 PM

Seems like it eh?

What's the chances of this being recognised and the board getting some recognition for getting us into a position to be outbidding our close rivals?

Slim to none I would say. :wink:

smurf
01-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Seems like it eh?

What's the chances of this being recognised and the board getting some recognition for getting us into a position to be outbidding our close rivals?

Well done the Hibs board for outbidding a club with half the turnover and average attendance to us.

There.:devil:

khib70
01-09-2008, 01:03 PM
How can people possbily be so negative about a guy that hasn't even played for us yet? I am so sick of hearing my mates mate says he is crap etc. I have seen him only a couple times and always thought he looked decent. Still only young and might be that big physical presence that we need at the back.

Did anyone see how easily Hogg was turned for the goal on saturday?

I reckon people should take a massive step back and at least wait to see a player play before syaing he is rubbish. I doubt very highly anyone posting here has actually seen enough of him to judge him either way.
:agree:Well said - some shocking posts on here as per:bitchy:

WindyMiller
01-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Seems like it eh?

I think the problem with, a lot of the fans, at the moment is that if we don't sign DR the board have failed.
Nothing else seems relevant.
Of course if DR doesn't score in his first 3 games, heaven help the lad!

That will of course turn into a thread about DR not being able to work with Mixu.

rainman
01-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Well done the Hibs board for outbidding a club with half the turnover and average attendance to us.

There.:devil:

I think that'll be as close as we get. :thumbsup:

rainman
01-09-2008, 01:06 PM
I think the problem with, a lot of the fans, at the moment is that if we don't sign DR the board have failed.
Nothing else seems relevant.
Of course if DR doesn't score in his first 3 games, heaven help the lad!

That will of course turn into a thread about DR not being able to work with Mixu.

I'm sure it would end up Petrie's fault for not giving him a big enough goal bonus as an incentive to score. :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
01-09-2008, 01:10 PM
every single thread ends up a DR thread :grr:

sadtom
01-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Welcome to the club big Sunshine On Leith.
Judging by the mixed reviews on here i hope his time at Hibs is spent terrifying the opposing forwards and not the home support.:greengrin

Haven't seen that much of him, he did play well against us and he's certainly a big, powerful looking bloke (not hibs dwarf class:greengrin) hopefully he'll leave the bombscare tag (that some have given him) in fife.

Auckland Hibs
01-09-2008, 01:21 PM
he`s signed,its official,this means UEFA hibby is definately `in the know`,i didnt think they excisted:greengrin

One of the names had to come thru eventually........

Only joking UEFA Hibby, well done.

MontrealHibs
01-09-2008, 06:34 PM

Thanks, the same source has just text to say, Riordan confirmed - so we will see how valid he is ;-)

MontrealHibs
01-09-2008, 06:34 PM

Thanks, the same source has just text to say, "Riordan confirmed" - so we will see just how valid he is, or otherwise ;-)

Sprouleflyer
01-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Bump.

Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

A wee bit of advice, when you get the ball....GEE IT TO RIORDAN!!!!

Northumberland Hibee
01-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Given the recent concerns about our lacking of terracing tunes I have been giving extensive thought and effort to some new tunes.....
After many hours of research and analysis (has to be the right key, pitch, intonation, tempo, memorable lyrical content etc etc) I would like to offer the following entirely original and creative sing along classic.....

"La La La La La Bamba.......
La La La La La Bamba.....mumble mumble..." fade to end

I'll get ma coat

YehButNoBut
02-09-2008, 08:08 AM
With all the Riordan excitement I almost forgot we had signed this guy yesterday as well. Asked a Pars ST mate of mine what his thoughts were on Bamba, this was the reply.

Bamba is a big, big favourite at East End Park.

The only reason he was not playing regularly was that he was not in favour
With MacIntyre who was a pr ick for no playing him.

Can play anywhere along the back four and is a two-footed player.

With a regular game he will come into his own.

Like to go forward at corners and set pieces.

A really good addition and seem like you signed him for, excuse the
expression, peanuts.

--------
02-09-2008, 08:19 AM
With all the Riordan excitement I almost forgot we had signed this guy yesterday as well. Asked a Pars ST mate of mine what his thoughts were on Bamba, this was the reply.

Bamba is a big, big favourite at East End Park.

The only reason he was not playing regularly was that he was not in favour
With MacIntyre who was a pr ick for no playing him.

Can play anywhere along the back four and is a two-footed player.

With a regular game he will come into his own.

Like to go forward at corners and set pieces.

A really good addition and seem like you signed him for, excuse the
expression, peanuts.

So he COULD be our new left-back? :dunno:

FWIW, I really would like to see an experienced keeper signed. That situation has gone on far too long. But equally, the keeper we sign needs to be the right one.

But when I remember previous transfer windows, having Derek Riordan and Sol Bamba signed up on the last day of this window makes me a lot more hopeful than I was two days ago. Better yet that we don't appear to have had to break the bank to sign them.

TBF, the squad looks a lot better this morning. :devil:

But we MUST keep a sense of proportion. According to the TV news, the BIG news in Scottish football this morning is that Neil Lennon was given a doing after the OF game (2 days ago now?) and that Bobo Balde ISN'T moving from Celtic. We must learn to know our place....

The cooler king
02-09-2008, 08:25 AM
According to my mate he got taken apart from sparky so therefore he will get done in the spl as well great gd luck bamba welcome to hibs:hnet:

Strange, given that he was playing in the midfield against Livi.

Robinho08
02-09-2008, 08:28 AM
He is a decent signing and is still young at 23.

degenerated
02-09-2008, 08:32 AM
:agree:Well said - some shocking posts on here as per:bitchy:

as someone far more erudite than i posted the other day "we get the fans that hearts deserve" :wink:

i have noticed a real change in the mentality of hibs supporters of late, unless someone is instantly brilliant then they are pilloried to the point where they are scared to make mistakes and are hardly likely to fulfill their potential. Sadly i think Bamba will fall into this category, we'll probably never find out if he can make it becasue the boo boys are out in force even before the guy has had the opporchancity to kick a ball for the club.

MontrealHibs
01-01-2010, 09:44 PM
It's amusing to recall what we all though of Big Sol when we signed him... :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
01-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Basically many people on this site type ................ :wink:

GGTTH

Dibben
01-01-2010, 09:54 PM
IIRC it wasn't just Hibs fans who couldn't believe that we'd signed a 'bombscare'. I think there was alot of 'laughing' on the radio (Allan Preston I think...) about it!

Quite a few folk looking wee bit silly now - although most have recognised this already!

BH.

Shrekko
01-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Delighted to read I was fully in favour of this signing!

Perspective
01-01-2010, 11:13 PM

Always thought he was a prospect, but fair play to Mixu - I had no faith in him developing Bamba.

zlatan
02-01-2010, 01:27 AM
Go on Motherwell, you know you want him.

Bloody hell, bad me :boo hoo:

I've loved him since his debut.

HibeeMcGinn1
02-01-2010, 02:43 AM
Bloody hell, bad me :boo hoo:

I've loved him since his debut.

ha i noticed that post earlier and found it rather amusing :wink:

Steve-O
02-01-2010, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't be too upset if this happened to be honest.

:wink::greengrin

Coco Bryce
02-01-2010, 10:16 AM
It's amazing how many people on this thread thought big Sol was a huddy and his signing would be a complete disaster.

Some serious humble pie needing chomped on here :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2010, 10:35 AM
It's amazing how many people on this thread thought big Sol was a huddy and his signing would be a complete disaster.

Some serious humble pie needing chomped on here :thumbsup:

:agree: I couldnt believe some of the tripe that was posted here about him signing for us. Every time he played against hibs, he always seemed to be Dunfermlines best player. Mixu certainly deserves credit for spotting him, and bringing him to the club. :thumbsup: