PDA

View Full Version : Cricket - Scotland v England

Golden Bear
18-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Attendance for today's game reported to be 6000 - not a bad crowd by any stretch of the imagination!

It's a game I just can't get interested in - it bores me to tears in fact.

However everyone to their own, - some folk obviously like it!

inverclydeta
18-08-2008, 07:03 PM
never been into it myself, tho i have a mate who is daft on it, says i just dont understand it:confused:

Joe Baker II
19-08-2008, 09:57 AM
went yesterday, excellent despite rain.

Joe Baker II
19-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Attendance for today's game reported to be 6000 - not a bad crowd by any stretch of the imagination!

!

Higher than some of our crowds under Williamson for games that season tickets applied for I see!

Mibbes Aye
19-08-2008, 12:02 PM

It's a game I just can't get interested in - it bores me to tears in fact.

However everyone to their own, - some folk obviously like it!

never been into it myself, tho i have a mate who is daft on it, says i just dont understand it:confused:

I think the key is to spend just a very little bit time learning the basics - so you have a very rough idea of how a game is going. So, for example, in a Test match you have to bowl your opponents out twice to be able to win etc.

Once you know the basic rules you can start to pick up on the complexities and all the different factors that can affect a game and that's probably where the real beauty of cricket lies.

Wing Half
19-08-2008, 12:08 PM
A Test Match is also another term for a beer fest.

inverclydeta
19-08-2008, 12:29 PM
A Test Match is also another term for a beer fest.sworn to total abstinence i canna see that catching on for myself

cheers mibbes aye!

MB62
20-08-2008, 07:20 AM
I think the key is to spend just a very little bit time learning the basics - so you have a very rough idea of how a game is going. So, for example, in a Test match you have to bowl your opponents out twice to be able to win etc.

Once you know the basic rules you can start to pick up on the complexities and all the different factors that can affect a game and that's probably where the real beauty of cricket lies.

Or the fact that England, or their media in particular, think that they are THE BEST, and expect to beat EVERYBODY in the world at whatever sport, yet in the one game they can really claim to have invented, they are pretty crap at it against the other test nations.
Mind you, I still love my cricket and could quite easily sit for 5 days glued to the T.V. when it's on, (just ask the wife :greengrin)

wee hay
28-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Cricket is the most boring sport never liked it never will still don t understand it either:grr: